Sarms in PCT

gypsy1073

Awards
What do you guys think of adding SARMS to your PCT, I've been reading some other forums and they are really pushing the use of SARMS in your PCT, basically they are saying if you don't use brand x and y your gonna lose everything, I know they are sponsoring the boards, that's one of the reasons for the push, do you thinks there is any valididty to the standard PCT of nolva/clomid? Thanks guys

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MK 677 <-- Would be fine, and even GW. Neither affect your HPTA, so that's a nice addition I should think.

This, without knowing also what your ran on cycle is all I would suggest.

Edited: Would never even suggest low dose Osta as it is suppressive.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My rule of thumb is not to take anything suppressive in pct.

gypsy1073

Awards
I'am specifically talking about Osta for lowering cortisol and increasing IGF-1 as well as Cardarine to prevent fat gain. I'am thinking these are more of a "wouldn't hurt" to add but not completely necessary.I think its more of a cash grab for the companys involved.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'am specifically talking about Osta for lowering cortisol and increasing IGF-1 as well as Cardarine to prevent fat gain. I'am thinking these are more of a "wouldn't hurt" to add but not completely necessary.I think its more of a cash grab for the companys involved.
There are effective cortisol reducing agents out there such as Reduce XT, and Iron Legion's Invictus / VII-KT / Virtus (All reduce cortisol additionally). Osta is suppressive, so it probably isn't a good idea to incorporate into a PCT. Not sure what you are referring to with the "cash grab" comment. You have 2 posts, and a member since 2014? SAF.

gypsy1073

Awards
Yah I just enjoy reading the forums and learning as much as I can, I only post if I have a specific question, as for the cash grab, I'am referring to forum sponsored SARMS companys, not sure if I can name them on here so I won't but I'am sure you know the 2 big ones I'am talking about. I'am thinking the nolva/clomid protocol will be just fine with a cortisol reducer thrown in.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No offense meant my man. My bad for not being more clear.

There are none on here anymore.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
The SERM should do the bulk of the work as far as restoring HPTA function is concerned. Catabolism will be minimised by having an adequate kcal/pro intake and maintaining appropriate resistance training.

If youre still concerned (paranoid?), add in hmb and schisandra.

Dont conflate lean tissue loss and water/glycogen decreases.

As for cortisol, ashwaghanda is a cheap yet effective otc herb that will help normalise cortisol.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I got banned from a couple message boards when I got into this topic.... LOL

anyway, I think SARM use in PCT is dumb. if you're trying to recover your HPTA, then by all means, do whatever takes to get it done right.... SARM use (at a dose that will result in LBM gains) are going to cause at least a little suppression.

however, if you're on more of a TRT/bridge, then I could see the value of their use.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I dunno man, I just cant see a SARM providing any benefit a trt/cruise dose of test cant. What value do you see them having?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I guess I was thinking if a guy had some prostate issues, or something like that.... adding it in if a guy is trying to keeping a TRT dose down, for whatever reason.

but otherwise, I suppose most androgens are cheaper, huh?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
A trt dose of test wouldnt significantly aggravate a prostate condition would it? At least, not any differently to a natty guy with "in range" levels.

Then there would be the whole issue of libido and sexual function (with no test).

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I might not have been clear....

I was implying that a guy on TRT (or a bridge, or whatever) might add a SARM in addition to his maintenance protocol.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Sorry, I might not have been clear....

I was implying that a guy on TRT (or a bridge, or whatever) might add a SARM in addition to his maintenance protocol.
Ah, yeah thats what I thought you initially meant until you made your prostate comment; now that comment makes even less sense...?

How would using a SARM in conjunction with trt test doses be relevant to a guy with prostate issues?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I was making the assumption based off a lot of guys I know that are on TRT, but want to but up their dosages to to increase LBM. However, if they have some pre-existing issue (i.e. prostate), maybe increasing testosterone is not the ideal situation. However, some of the SARMs have been shown to have far less activity on the prostate than androgens, and could be an option here.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
TRT is, crudely, physiological range right? Anything outside of that is not TRT but considered a cycle or "light blast", for want of a better term (if they want to up their trt dose to add more lbm). Cos, you arent going to want to remain on a SARM longterm, especially if youre using doses that will increase lbm.

If they want to add more lbm than the trt dose permits but dont wish to increase the test dose..do a "blast" with a SARM, then drop the SARM and return to cruise with test.

Which is what the whole point of discussion is here. We are clearly distinguishing between a blast/cycle, and a cruise/trt.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
my bad.... I'll try to be a bit more clear next time!