Nolva Question

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
Okay, this may be a silly "noob level" question . . . but I was just wondering . . .

So using Nolva (tamoxefen citrate) as part of PCT is to help get body functions (namely, testosterone production) back to "normal" levels, correct?

If this is the case, then is Nolva technically a "test booster ??"

Chevy

Chevy

Awards
Ok I'll attempt to answer this but mind how rudimentary this may be, others may need to comment on accuracy but basically when you take tamoxifen it occupies the receptor sites so that estrogen cannot bind with it, this leaves estrogen free with no where to go and gives the appearance of excessive free E in the blood. The hyperthalamus senses the indifference of T & E since there is now no more synthetic T being introduced (cuz you stopped taking the gear) it freaks out & starts releasing LH into the blood to kick start your own T factory & return to homeostasis. People advocate an ai 3rd week pct & tapering past serm to reduce the free E circulating in your blood that will occupy back to receptors once the tamox is stopped (rebound)

So it's kinda a test booster in the fact your body will raise T when it senses the excess free E that's been kicked out of it's home by tamox.

Make sense??
Anyone else care to comment?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I'll attempt to answer this but mind how rudimentary this may be, others may need to comment on accuracy but basically when you take tamoxifen it occupies the receptor sites so that estrogen cannot bind with it, this leaves estrogen free with no where to go and gives the appearance of excessive free E in the blood. The hyperthalamus senses the indifference of T & E since there is now no more synthetic T being introduced (cuz you stopped taking the gear) it freaks out & starts releasing LH into the blood to kick start your own T factory & return to homeostasis. People advocate an ai 3rd week pct & tapering past serm to reduce the free E circulating in your blood that will occupy back to receptors once the tamox is stopped (rebound)

So it's kinda a test booster in the fact your body will raise T when it senses the excess free E that's been kicked out of it's home by tamox.

Make sense??
Makes great sense to me. So basically it's more of an indirect test booster via the SERM process.

Alexis17

Awards

Make sense??
It's always good to read/search threads before making a new one. I was about to make a thread asking why you should or should not taper serms. Good post, though I hope more people come in to elaborate more or possibly disagree with some factual evidence.

Is it ever overkill to use a serm in a situation? Say if you're using a mild(or what I believe to be mild) compound like androstane stacked with epiandrosterone?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oliver Kween Anabolics 2
Anabolics 5
SDPonce63 Supplements 3
Honey Supplements 32
buttersstoch Anabolics 8