Toremifene citrate/Finasteride

PnsNv

Awards
Toremifene citrate -- also called Fareston -- is the new SERM of choice it appears, replacing Nolvadex. If you read about it in in Wikipedia, it tells you it "helps oppose the actions of estrogen in the body". It also increases FS (Follicle Stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone), which kick starts the HPTA and gets the boys juiced. All great stuff, pretty self-explanatory

Finasteride, on the other hand, has a high inhibitory activity for the enzyme 5alpha-reductase (5-AR). It is sold under the brand names Propecia in 1mg tabs for MPB/hairloss and Proscar in 5mg tabs for BPH (prostate issues), both caused by DHT

Let's review: Fareston for Estrogen control, Finasteride for DHT control.  Simple, right

Kicker: The chemical name for Finasteride is "Toremifene citrate". THEY ARE THE SAME COMPOUND

Did everyone know this but me? Has anyone who uses Propecia/Proscar on cycle for DHT sides noticed that they don't need as much anti-estrogen ancillaries or HCG? Is your PCT easier

I see profiles for Toremifene and Finasteride and they read like completely different substances.

Toremifene citrate/Fareston/Finasteride/Propecia/Proscar

Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Toremifene citrate -- also called Fareston -- is the new SERM of choice it appears, replacing Nolvadex. If you read about it in in Wikipedia, it tells you it "helps oppose the actions of estrogen in the body". It also increases FS (Follicle Stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone), which kick starts the HPTA and gets the boys juiced. All great stuff, pretty self-explanatory

Finasteride, on the other hand, has a high inhibitory activity for the enzyme 5alpha-reductase (5-AR). It is sold under the brand names Propecia in 1mg tabs for MPB/hairloss and Proscar in 5mg tabs for BPH (prostate issues), both caused by DHT

Let's review: Fareston for Estrogen control, Finasteride for DHT control.  Simple, right

Kicker: The chemical name for Finasteride is "Toremifene citrate". THEY ARE THE SAME COMPOUND

Did everyone know this but me? Has anyone who uses Propecia/Proscar on cycle for DHT sides noticed that they don't need as much anti-estrogen ancillaries or HCG? Is your PCT easier

I see profiles for Toremifene and Finasteride and they read like completely different substances.

Toremifene citrate/Fareston/Finasteride/Propecia/Proscar

Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy.
They are not the same. The chemical name for finasteride is finasteride. It is a 5ar inhibitor, NOT a SERM like toremefine (fareston).

Whatever website you read that from had them mislabeled.

PnsNv

Awards
They are not the same. The chemical name for finasteride is finasteride. It is a 5ar inhibitor, NOT a SERM like toremefine (fareston).

Whatever website you read that from had them mislabeled.

There are quite a few of them, from some pretty big names. Unfortunately, it won't let me post links but the below should take you there if you cut & paste.

steroid.com/Finasteride.new.php
steroidology.com/finasteride-toremifene-citrate/
steroidset.com/how-to-use/fareston-toremifene-citrate
world-pharma.org/profiles/

I know exactly what you're saying, and I agree that on one level it makes no sense. (On another level, why couldn't a substance deactivate both DHT and estrogen). I'm not trying to spread BS, but can anyone with a chemistry background clarify?

P.S. For years there were simultaneous studies by different groups on PIH (Prolactin Inhibiting Hormone) and Dopamine. It took years for them to realize they were the same chemical. Admittedly, that was in the dark ages.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are quite a few of them, from some pretty big names. Unfortunately, it won't let me post links but the below should take you there if you cut & paste.

steroid.com/Finasteride.new.php
steroidology.com/finasteride-toremifene-citrate/
steroidset.com/how-to-use/fareston-toremifene-citrate
world-pharma.org/profiles/

I know exactly what you're saying, and I agree that on one level it makes no sense. (On another level, why couldn't a substance deactivate both DHT and estrogen). I'm not trying to spread BS, but can anyone with a chemistry background clarify?

P.S. For years there were simultaneous studies by different groups on PIH (Prolactin Inhibiting Hormone) and Dopamine. It took years for them to realize they were the same chemical. Admittedly, that was in the dark ages.
Those guys arent scientists. I'm sure one person posted the incorrect name and they all copied it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19302133

C
heck out that study. Theyre blatantly spoken of as two different substances, which is the correct information.

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/ProstateCancer/DetailedGuide/prostate-cancer-prevention

A
nother article noting the separate mechanisms for each of these compounds.

If toremefine (fareston) inhibited 5-alpha reductase i would expect a significant amount of people to complain about lack of libido while on it, which is certainly not the case if based on anecdotes.

It would also cause gyno.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No problem man