cortisol blocker necessary for hdrol PCT?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Question cortisol blocker necessary for hdrol PCT?

Is a cortisol blocker necessary for a hdrol cycle? and if so, why?

2. not if youre doing about 50 mg's a day. However, I heard people taking 100 mg's need it.
    •   

3. nothing besides a SERM is needed really (if you are trying to run a pct on the cheap)

but the point of pct is try to try keep all your gains so ppl like to do everything possible to do that (add test booster and cort control)

4. Its not required but if you decide to tackle this issue, it will help tremendously in your efforts to retain most of your gains. Endoamp Max and Ibcaa's are my 2 go to supps to combat cortisol.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )

5. ive seen literally NO evidence for cortisol blockers helping in pct

anecdotal perhaps, but actual bloods... noop
    •   

6. use vitamin c if u dont wanna spend more money... high cortisol can mean low test
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

7. I have some experience in using glucocorticoids and antiglucorticoids along with AAS. At one point I have even used mifepristone (which acts as a competitive antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor) to restore my cortisol levels after heavy corticosteroid use. ACTH levels were off the chart. I overlapped this with PCT just to see if the cortisol control theory had any merit. I noticed absolutely no change (positive or negative) in recovery during PCT even after using such a powerful antiglucocorticoid.
    HDrol is not very suppressive and if you work as hard as you did on cycle and use a SERM conservatively, I think you should keep most of your gains. You shouldn't really need any test boosters (with a SERM your test levels should be back to normal in a couple of weeks tops) etc for a mild cycle like this IMO.

8. I am about to start a Hdrol cycle and was gonna run it 75/75/75/75/100 then for pct run nolva 20/20/10/10 with pct revolution (cels pct assist is back ordered). Does that sound like a sufficient enough pct? Anyone have any experience with pct revolution?

9. Quote Originally Posted by leet2010 View Post
    I am about to start a Hdrol cycle and was gonna run it 75/75/75/75/100 then for pct run nolva 20/20/10/10 with pct revolution (cels pct assist is back ordered). Does that sound like a sufficient enough pct? Anyone have any experience with pct revolution?
    sounds good. never heard of that test booster sorry

10. should I use a test booster or is that just going to keep messing with my natural production instead of letting my body take back over to its natural state

11. Might I recomment staying under 200mg of caffein per serving as well?

I've always had this superstition that anything over that can result in unwanted rises in cortisol, ever since I read a few articles about it. Worth a shot.

And I've always been a fan of Iforce's Reversitol V2.

12. Cortisol will compete with Testosterone. Imo, you want to dampen the presence of Cortisol, its a safe bet.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )

13. Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Cortisol will compete with Testosterone. Imo, you want to dampen the presence of Cortisol, its a safe bet.
    To put it a better way...you want to regulate cortisol and keep it balanced. You do not want to crush cortisol and have it too low because then it could cause some potential disturbances in your mental functioning. Particularly, you would be more prone to displaying bi-polar type behavior and if that was to go on for too long then you would have a reverse reaction with cortisol as in it would skyrocket to compensate for the roller coaster effect of your moods...think of it as your body would be course correcting itself.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

14. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Might I recomment staying under 200mg of caffein per serving as well?

I've always had this superstition that anything over that can result in unwanted rises in cortisol, ever since I read a few articles about it. Worth a shot.

And I've always been a fan of Iforce's Reversitol V2.
    This thinking is actually wrong. Caffeine will increase the release of FFA into the blood. As a result, cortisol will also be released to seek out substrate.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This thinking is actually wrong. Caffeine will increase the release of FFA into the blood. As a result, cortisol will also be released to seek out substrate.
    So you're saying this rise in cortisol isn't actually harmful?

16. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So you're saying this rise in cortisol isn't actually harmful?
    In this instance, no. However, there is obviously a point of diminishing returns regarding stims, FFA, and cortisol.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. no, let the cortisol eat all the muscle you gained on cycle
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up

18. Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Cortisol will compete with Testosterone. Imo, you want to dampen the presence of Cortisol, its a safe bet.
    EndoAmp anyone?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

19. or vitamin C lol.... NO NEED TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY BRO... GOOGLE VITAMIN C AND CORTISOL

20. Lot's of good input in this post.... I've run hdrol a few times with diff. pct each time...My experience, cortisol supp = waste of $...

I like just nolva or clomi, and Recycle.

21. Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    or vitamin C lol.... NO NEED TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY BRO... GOOGLE VITAMIN C AND CORTISOL

I use both Vitamin C and EndoAmp, and can honestly state I wouldn't consider one without the other.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

22. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    EndoAmp anyone?
    Yes "this guy". Endoamp max for the stressed out individuals is a blessing.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )

23. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post

I use both Vitamin C and EndoAmp, and can honestly state I wouldn't consider one without the other,because i am a rep... and i dont care about this guy spending his money.

had to fix that for ya

24. Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    had to fix that for ya
    Had the product been inefficient at doing the job, it wouldn't have grown to become one of our most enjoyed supplements.

-SerinAdeŽ :
    Improvement in key brain functions, including memory, concentration, learning, recall, and focus.

Prevention of memory loss, especially age-related cognitive decline.
    Reduction of elevated cortisol levels and reduction of stress.
    Improvement in athletic activities including running, weightlifting, and golf.
    Helps reduce fatigue, reduces muscle soreness, and hastens recovery, in active and athletic individuals.
    -AlphaSizeŽ
    Improvement in key brain functions, including memory, concentration, learning, recall, and focus.
    Useful in combating dementias and various forms of cognitive decline.
    Promotes formation of acetylcholine (AC), a vital neurotransmitter compound involved in all key brain functions and mental sharpness.
    Helps speed cell to cell communication through neuromuscular optimization, providing enhanced muscular power output and agility for active and athletic individuals.
    Physiological production and maintenance of human growth hormone (HGH), the body’s master hormone for maintaining youth, vitality, and body composition.
    Your vitamin C doing all of this?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

25. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Had the product been inefficient at doing the job, it wouldn't have grown to become one of our most enjoyed supplements.

-SerinAdeŽ :

-AlphaSizeŽ

let me guess, your a rep for the product your trying to push? oh yeah thats right... anyone can make claims

Your vitamin C doing all of this?

without vitamin c, you die...

is your endo amp doing that?

btw.. vitamin c is way cheaper... and very effective

The effects of vitamin C supplementation on the alterations in the circulating concentrations of cortisol, adrenaline, interleukin-10 (IL-10) and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) which accompany ultramarathon running were measured using immuno-chemiluminescence, radioimmunoassay and ELISA procedures. Forty-five participants in the 1999 Comrades 90 km marathon were divided into equal groups (n = 15) receiving 500 mg/day Vit C (VC-500), 1500 mg/day Vit C (VC-1500) or placebo (P) for 7 days before the race, on the day of the race, and for 2 days following completion. Runners recorded dietary intake before, during and after the race and provided 35 ml blood samples 15 - 18 hrs before the race, immediately post-race, 24 hrs post race and 48 hrs post-race. Twenty-nine runners (VC-1500, n = 12; VC-500, n = 10; P, n = 7) complied with all study requirements. All post-race concentrations were adjusted for plasma volume changes. Analyses of dietary intakes and blood glucose and anti-oxidant status on the day preceding the race and the day of the race did not reveal that carbohydrate intake or plasma vitamins E and A were significant confounders in the study. Mean pre-race concentrations of serum vitamin C in VC-500 and VC-1500 groups (128 +/- 31 and 153 +/- 34 micromol/l) were significantly higher than in the P group (83 +/- 39 micromol/l). Immediate post-race serum cortisol was significantly lower in the VC-1500 group (p < 0.05) than in P and VC-500 groups. When the data from VC-500 and P groups was combined (n = 17), immediate post-race plasma adrenaline, IL-10 and IL-1Ra concentrations were also significantly lower (p < 0.05) in the VC-1500 group. The study demonstrates an attenuation, albeit transient, of both the adrenal stress hormone and anti-inflammatory polypeptide response to prolonged exercise in runners who supplemented with 1500 mg vitamin C per day when compared to < or = 500 mg per day.

Oh and btw.. i have read a study about Phosphatidyl Serine, what strays me from it (your product) is the price...

endoamp 52 dollars on your site

vitamin c is 6 dollars..

Phosphatidyl Serine tabs can be found for 16 bucks as well...

but vitamin c, is really imo all that is needed for cortisol suppression during/after pct

im done, but SICK job with the hype bro
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The #1 Cortisol Blocker
    By Eric Potratz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 311
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
  2. A2-Receptor Blocker or Cortisol Blocker?
    By OhHaiDare in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
  3. Best cortisol blocker?
    By Nate101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 05:20 AM
  4. Cortisol blocker
    By Necroticism in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 02:05 PM
  5. AI and Cortisol Blocker Together?