SERMS Can CAUSE cancer???

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was doing some research on SERMS last night and read that in rare cases a side effect can actually be cancer, I know these chemicals are used to treat breast cancer, but the cancer (in rare cases) caused was another type of cancer, the people who reported this where NOT doctors, does anyone know if there is any credit to their report? Please and Thank You

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Well SERMS are new anyway, so im sure we dont know alot about them. I would not be surprised.... But there again *anything* causes cancer now-a-days.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah....and you can get cancer from just being alive....but Im going to take the risk anyways....Im sure if it where a huge risk people wouldnt be using them left and right for PCT

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tamox is known to cause liver cancer in some cases...

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
yeah....and you can get cancer from just being alive....but Im going to take the risk anyways....Im sure if it where a huge risk people wouldnt be using them left and right for PCT
Millions of people still smoke cigs. No risk there, I guess.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
I guess you have to weigh the risks. An extremely slim chance of ever getting cancer from this (never once heard of a case), or perhaps shruken balls no sex drive and a limp di*k because of improper PCT.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Bear in mind that these studies involved large doses of SERMs for years at a time. 4 weeks of one here and there is very unlikely to hurt you.

Lurker27

Awards
Tamox is known to cause liver cancer in some cases...
Those cases being most important if you're a rat.

The hype about SERMs causing cancer fails to account for the ~40x difference in rates of glucuronidation between the species. This limits the amount of the carcinogenic SERM metabolite.

Fatty liver, however, is a real problem with extended serm usage, and taurine should be taken to combat it.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
There are studies in the literature where women have been given tamoxifen for upwards of 5 years continuously with no mention of an increase incidence of liver cancer. The primary concern has always been the induction of endometrial cancer since tamoxifen can have estogenic effects in the uterus (see below). Tamoxifen does have some documented toxic effect on the liver and noone can guarantee that this toxic effect will not ultimatley lead to cancer, however there is no real evidence in the literature outside of animal tests. My opinion is that the "toxicity" of tamoxifen is overblown and that if someone is really concerned, the newer serms seem to have better safety profiles.

Breast J. 2002 Mar-Apr;8(2):92-6.

Toxicity of antiestrogens.
Hirsimäki P, Aaltonen A, Mäntylä E.

Department of Pathology, Turku University Central Hospital, BioCity, Tykistökatu B.8.6., FIN-20520 Turku, Finland. [email protected]

Abstract
The object of this article is to review briefly the preclinical and clinical safety of some antiestrogens. Tamoxifen, toremifene, droloxifene, and idoxifene are polyphenylethylene antiestrogens, whereas the pure antiestrogen, ICI 182,780 or faslodex, as well as raloxifene, is of a different structure. Tamoxifen has been shown to be genotoxic in several studies. It induces unscheduled DNA synthesis in rat hepatocytes and micronuclei in MCL-5 a cells in vitro. Tamoxifen also induces aneuploidy in rat liver in vivo and chromosome aberrations and micronuclei in mouse bone marrow. Toremifene has also shown to be genotoxic, but to a far lower extent, by inducing micronuclei in MCL-5 a cells in vitro and by inducing aneuploidy in rat liver in vivo. Tamoxifen has been shown to be hepatocarcinogenic in the rat in at least four independent long-term studies. The initiation of tumors in the rat is the result of metabolic activation by cytochrome P450 isoenzymes to an electrophile(s) that binds irreversibly to DNA. The other antiestrogens have not been shown to be carcinogenic in rodents. In several independent clinical studies, the risk of endometrial cancer has increased among tamoxifen-treated women. After reviewing the available data, the International Agency for Research on Cancer concluded that there was sufficient evidence to show that tamoxifen is a class I human carcinogen. The increased risk for endometrial cancer occurs predominantly among women who are 50 years old or older and who have been treated with tamoxifen. It is not yet clear whether the uterine tumor formation is a result of genetic mechanisms, analogous to those seen in the rat liver or due to the estrogen agonist action of tamoxifen. However, the other antiestrogens with a more or less similar intrinsic estrogenic potential have not been shown to be carcinogenic in humans.

PMID: 11896754 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
h......I dont have a uterus anyways so Im not worried about cancer there......and I cant talk Nolva as it competes with recpetors with one of the medications I am taking.......so I am going to take formeston......I read INhibit-e had it in it....but.....inhibit E doesnt have SERM qualities does it?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Millions of people still smoke cigs. No risk there, I guess.
People know that cigs can present fatal health risk, there is a path.

This path does not exist with serms, to date. I am sure that if 1000 healthy people took a serm and 2yrs later all 1000 developed cancer out of the blue then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
word son

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
People know that cigs can present fatal health risk, there is a path.

This path does not exist with serms, to date. I am sure that if 1000 healthy people took a serm and 2yrs later all 1000 developed cancer out of the blue then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I've nothing against SERM's. My statement was more a comment on basing one's actions on what other people do as opposed to evidence.

Im sure if it where a huge risk people wouldnt be using them left and right for PCT
This is obviously a false statement as there will always be people who will take risks, especially if there are certain benefits associated with said risks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess you have to weigh the risks. An extremely slim chance of ever getting cancer from this (never once heard of a case), or perhaps shruken balls no sex drive and a limp di*k because of improper PCT.
They did not "CC" you on the memo?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 14
Peptide/Research 2
Post Cycle Therapy 5
Anabolics 2