I just wanna know... - AnabolicMinds.com

I just wanna know...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Lift Heavy
    bLacKjAck.'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    2082

    Reputation

    I just wanna know...


    Why the guys here that are "Democrats" feel good about being one. I just can't fathom supporting even more taxing and bigger government.

    Why the hell would you support that? Anyone who votes for Hillary or Obama is doing just that. What's the rationale?

    I don't want to hear an excuse of how they aren't for bigger gov. and raising taxes, bc you know damn well they are.

    Just wondering....

  2. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    I think that the ideology behind liberalism has derived itself from the delusional thought of a "perfect" world. In theory the ideas are good.

    Free Health Care
    Free Food
    Free Housing

    Next they will be demanding that it is their "right" to own a car. There is no end to the madness.

    The idea that we as a country will reach a state that allows one not to worry about life's mishaps and trials is very appealing. Many young people do not know it but the goal of the liberals is to eliminate money. They just follow along and it spreads.

    The problem with this mind f*ck of an idea (liberalism) is that humans cannot achieve a coexistence were money is not an issue. Corruption and greed will take over.

    So yeah I would like to here why Democrats support what they do. (in there own words, not mine. lol)

  3. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Why the guys here that are "Democrats" feel good about being one. I just can't fathom supporting even more taxing and bigger government.

    Why the hell would you support that? Anyone who votes for Hillary or Obama is doing just that. What's the rationale?

    I don't want to hear an excuse of how they aren't for bigger gov. and raising taxes, bc you know damn well they are.

    Just wondering....


    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    I don't think all Democrats are liberal in the sense of the word as we know it today. I think many Democrats do hold liberal values as well as conservative values. To tell you the truth, I believe the majority of people in this country are towards the middle with no extremes. It's only the extremists that get the attention though.

    The reason young people follow the ideology of today's liberalism (polar opposite of classic liberalism pre-1970) is because it's indoctrinated in their heads from all of the leftist universities in this country. When you have professors that spend the majority of their life in a laboratory and/or classroom working with theories and never real-world experience, of course they're going to be searching for the most ideal path to goodness in our society.

    I would love free healthcare, free education, etc., but at the expense of higher taxes, bigger government, and more worthless government bureaucracies? Of course not. We make do with what we've got, and it seems every year, the government just keeps expanding it's reach and control over all of us.

    It's unfortunate we don't have a really good candidate running for President this year, because our country really needs one right now. Mitt Romney should have been the Republican nominee, but the dumbasses in this country couldn't see past his religion.
  5. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I don't think all Democrats are liberal in the sense of the word as we know it today. I think many Democrats do hold liberal values as well as conservative values. To tell you the truth, I believe the majority of people in this country are towards the middle with no extremes. It's only the extremists that get the attention though.

    The reason young people follow the ideology of today's liberalism (polar opposite of classic liberalism pre-1970) is because it's indoctrinated in their heads from all of the leftist universities in this country. When you have professors that spend the majority of their life in a laboratory and/or classroom working with theories and never real-world experience, of course they're going to be searching for the most ideal path to goodness in our society.

    I would love free healthcare, free education, etc., but at the expense of higher taxes, bigger government, and more worthless government bureaucracies? Of course not. We make do with what we've got, and it seems every year, the government just keeps expanding it's reach and control over all of us.

    It's unfortunate we don't have a really good candidate running for President this year, because our country really needs one right now. Mitt Romney should have been the Republican nominee, but the dumbasses in this country couldn't see past his religion.
    See, I personally didn't see how in the world anyone looked past Ron Paul. He bar none should have been our next commander in chief. He had no extreme to the right or left, though he claimed republican. We was the best candidate for our economy. Though there are things I didnt agree with on him, such as in the war, but overall his ideals were rock solid.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I would love free healthcare, free education, etc., but at the expense of higher taxes, bigger government, and more worthless government bureaucracies? Of course not. We make do with what we've got, and it seems every year, the government just keeps expanding it's reach and control over all of us.
    http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979719.pdf

    That's a misguided concept; as an American citizen, you are already paying double (approximately) what I am as a Canadian citizen for Health Care. This figure is both public and private spending, and your country spends more than mine does in GDP percentage points. You're already paying more than you think - much more. I think what you want is a more effective system, not less taxes.
  7. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979719.pdf

    That's a misguided concept; as an American citizen, you are already paying double (approximately) what I am as a Canadian citizen for Health Care. This figure is both public and private spending, and your country spends more than mine does in GDP percentage points. You're already paying more than you think - much more. I think what you want is a more effective system, not less taxes.
    Yes, we pay more for health care. The reason being is Health Care is a business in the US, and the most prominent doctors on this globe come here for just that. Not to be paid an almost worthless salary in comparison to thier skills. So personally I dont want health care standardized, because of this exact reason.

    I do agree with you on the more effective system. Which is why I did bring up Ron Paul. His views were all about improving the economic system of the US. He would have instituted the Fair Tax Act. Something I am strongly for. Being double taxed blows.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    DAdams, what do you mean by "double taxed"?

    As for Ron Paul, he definitely would have had my vote. While his view on the current Iraq war may not be too good for us in the long run, the rest of his ideas made a lot of sense. And even if he were to immediately pull all troops out of Iraq, his other ideas were so good that I would have voted for him.

    It's unfortunate that he didn't have a chance though. And even if he was President, most of what he wanted to do would have never been passed, BUT it would have shown the U.S. that someone who holds his ideals is what America needs.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Yes, we pay more for health care. The reason being is Health Care is a business in the US, and the most prominent doctors on this globe come here for just that. Not to be paid an almost worthless salary in comparison to thier skills. So personally I dont want health care standardized, because of this exact reason.
    This is another unfortunate misconception. In comparative studies between the United States and Canada, Canada's Health Care system was deemed to be superior to that of the US's. The comparison was not resoundingly favourable to Canada, but nevertheless, the average citizen receives a higher quality of care here, vs., there.

    The highest tier of specialized practitioners (surgeons, oncologists, etc.) are highly concentrated in the United States, that is correct. However, do you personally have access to them? I do not think you do. Essentially your system is being standardized, but in a manner reverse to mine. Health Care is standardized in the light of equal access in Canada, whereas the highest quality Health Care in the U.S., is being standardized out of the reach of the average citizen.

    Doesn't make much sense, IMO.
  10. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    Maybe if we didn't have so many irresponsible obese pieces of **** in America, health care wouldn't be so damn high.
  11. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    DAdams, what do you mean by "double taxed"?

    As for Ron Paul, he definitely would have had my vote. While his view on the current Iraq war may not be too good for us in the long run, the rest of his ideas made a lot of sense. And even if he were to immediately pull all troops out of Iraq, his other ideas were so good that I would have voted for him.

    It's unfortunate that he didn't have a chance though. And even if he was President, most of what he wanted to do would have never been passed, BUT it would have shown the U.S. that someone who holds his ideals is what America needs.
    By being double taxed I mean that everything we do with our money right now gets taxed, AFTER it has already been taxed when you earn it, hence being double taxed. I want to be taxed only when I purchase goods or services. In the end being a material driven culture our national debt would actually stabalize pretty quick, and maybe, just maybe all those IOUs (Bonds) out there would actually be paid back to the public, maybe even see a gold bar or two returned to a most likely empty fort knox.

    I disagree with you on him getting things to pass, Ron Paul was a very realistic person, and could easily show someone why his program would work. He actually brought research and logic to the table. But if you dont identify strongly with one side or the other, its a nail in your coffin.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    I liked Ron Paul, at least on a humanistic level. He made sense, at times. That's a rare quality in politics.
  13. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    This is another unfortunate misconception. In comparative studies between the United States and Canada, Canada's Health Care system was deemed to be superior to that of the US's. The comparison was not resoundingly favourable to Canada, but nevertheless, the average citizen receives a higher quality of care here, vs., there.

    The highest tier of specialized practitioners (surgeons, oncologists, etc.) are highly concentrated in the United States, that is correct. However, do you personally have access to them? I do not think you do. Essentially your system is being standardized, but in a manner reverse to mine. Health Care is standardized in the light of equal access in Canada, whereas the highest quality Health Care in the U.S., is being standardized out of the reach of the average citizen.

    Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

    I can see the average person recieving better health care in Canada, that wasn't really the point I was making. As you said most of the strongest specialized skill is in this country. I do not use them, well because I do not need them, I am healthy at the moment, and always have been. BUT, I like the idea of having access to them, and not being a number in the health system. If I was dying of cancer, you bet your a$$ I would make it into JOHNS HOPKINS, no matter what it took, and is very doable here.

    I am what you call a Enterpriser Republican, bottom line is you are in control of your own destiny, and if you want the great healthcare, you better have worked for it.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I can see the average person recieving better health care in Canada, that wasn't really the point I was making. As you said most of the strongest specialized skill is in this country. I do not use them, well because I do not need them, I am healthy at the moment, and always have been. BUT, I like the idea of having access to them, and not being a number in the health system. If I was dying of cancer, you bet your a$$ I would make it into JOHNS HOPKINS, no matter what it took, and is very doable here.
    I can see you did not get the point I was making, either.

    I can be secure within the parameters of my coverage, knowing that at anytime I have access to a full range of specialists; how certain can you be your Insurance will approve you, even with comprehensive coverage?

    Medicine-to-the-highest-bidder is a very sick concept, and something that I do not agree with. You say you'd double-time to Johns Hopkins, but this is not true, and we both know that. You would go through a lengthy approval process, in which a 'medical professional' would deem you fit for coverage, and therein the extent of your coverage. Most likely, Johns Hopkins is not a hospital affiliated with your coverage, and as such you would not receive care there, but rather at a pre-approved medical center.

    Unless you are wealthy DA (which you very well may be, I am not sure), as we speak, I have access to a higher quality of Health Care than do you (Canadians have a longer life expectancy, too ).

    I am what you call a Enterpriser Republican, bottom line is you are in control of your own destiny, and if you want the great healthcare, you better have worked for it.

    Adams
    And if you were to die due to a lack of coverage, how did your system reward you then? Essentially, you are paying higher taxes than me for less coverage. As I said, I don't feel your problem is in the arena of politics, but of a very broken and corrupt system.
  15. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33340

    Reputation

    Asbestos is legal in Canada.
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Asbestos is legal in Canada.
    So is leaving a hospital without paying.
  17. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30561

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Asbestos is legal in Canada.
    We close down building for having asbestos.
  18. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30561

    Reputation

    The concept of getting better medical service because you are rich is rediculous. People have been tricked into thinking that more money means you are are more important. We've been indirectly told this over and over, and now people believe it.

    Republicans support as system that puts money over people (the democrats do aswell, but not to the same level of evil). Their goals revolve around making the rich richer. People are getting poorer and poorer, owning property is becoming impossible for the average person. Poverty is rampant among people that work 6 days a week and the only reason it's happening is because Donald Trump wants another billion dollars. I will admit that someone like Bill Gates desrevres more money than I do. He has worked harder, and smarter than I have in my life. But he has not worked 13 million times harder or smarter than I have. He has a disproportinate piece of the pie, and because of that people are dying. (I'm not trying to **** on Gates personally too much, he's done a lot of good with his money lately).

    We are hilariously complaciant, with our TV and our internet, but things are just going to get worse. I'd like to think we (I say we even though I'm a Canadian, but it is our fight as well because whether we want to admit it our not, we are completely relative to the US) would have the courage to revolt like the French did, but I doubt it.

    I'd be a democrat in a second, simply becausae they are the lesser of two evils.
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post


    Republicans support as system that puts money over people (the democrats do aswell, but not to the same level of evil).
    No, they put the right to me "CHOOSING" over government mandates saying I have to pay more taxes to cover other peoples cost. We already pay for Medicare and Medicaid which take up the 2nd largest % of our annual budget.

    Their goals revolve around making the rich richer.
    If they actually thought that, they could easily mandate a government health system that would make them more money than any other private institution that requires a hell of lot less oversight than a private company. But its funny how you think the 2nd most corrupt industry (pharm companies) would be a great marriage to the largest corrupt industry (government).

    People are getting poorer and poorer, owning property is becoming impossible for the average person.
    Property ownership in the last 5 years is at an all time high because of Democratic regulations forcing banks to make sub prime and no doc loans. You see the result now....Republicans were AGAINST government regulations (CRA Amendments of 1995) forcing banks to loan money to those with questionable credit to maintain their ratings. So its funny how you blame Republicans for issues Democrats created in the first place...

    The current sub prime crisis and its effect on the economy is a direct result of government intervention and regulation into the market.


    Poverty is rampant among people that work 6 days a week and the only reason it's happening is because Donald Trump wants another billion dollars.
    Yeah, I'm sure thats it

    I will admit that someone like Bill Gates desrevres more money than I do. He has worked harder, and smarter than I have in my life. But he has not worked 13 million times harder or smarter than I have.
    How do you know and who are you to determine that? If he make the money, good for him.

    He has a disproportinate piece of the pie,
    The pie does not have proportions.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    (Canadians have a longer life expectancy, too ).
    funny, all of the countries who have longer life expectancies also have crap for standing military, and never get involved in world conflicts. Its not a coincidence, its a piece of how the statistics can be bent to sound however you want. with an average of over 4000 men a year in the military dying during the clinton administration (double what has died during the bush administration), its not a surprise that it skews the numbers. Those are primarily 18-24 year olds, so it doesn't take many of them to chop the average low. If you look statistically at life expectancy of people who are 35+, the US is in quite a different spot.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  21. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I can see you did not get the point I was making, either.

    I can be secure within the parameters of my coverage, knowing that at anytime I have access to a full range of specialists; how certain can you be your Insurance will approve you, even with comprehensive coverage?

    Pretty sure and I pay for my own.

    Medicine-to-the-highest-bidder is a very sick concept, and something that I do not agree with. You say you'd double-time to Johns Hopkins, but this is not true, and we both know that. You would go through a lengthy approval process, in which a 'medical professional' would deem you fit for coverage, and therein the extent of your coverage.
    Huh? I give them my insurance card. That's about it.

    Most likely, Johns Hopkins is not a hospital affiliated with your coverage, and as such you would not receive care there, but rather at a pre-approved medical center.

    Not so. I'm not a DA nor is my brother who basically seeked out the top neurologist in the North East (at Jefferson) and we made an appointment and had care (diagnosis) the next day. He also pays for his own insurance.



    Essentially, you are paying higher taxes than me for less coverage. As I said, I don't feel your problem is in the arena of politics, but of a very broken and corrupt system.

    I don't think we pay higher taxes and the amount of coverage is something we choose...so if we want less, we can...and vice versa.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Huh? I give them my insurance card. That's about it.
    I don't think it's a revelation to state that privatized Health-Care can be a hassle.

    Not so. I'm not a DA nor is my brother who basically seeked out the top neurologist in the North East (at Jefferson) and we made an appointment and had care (diagnosis) the next day. He also pays for his own insurance.
    Once again, this is entirely dependent on the level, and breadth of PHI. While I don't doubt your experience, PHI comes with an ability of your provider to determine your 'necessary' coverage. It's also not revelatory to state that PHI is a business, and therefore tries to incur the least cost possible i.e., cheapest treatment wins.

    I don't think we pay higher taxes and the amount of coverage is something we choose...so if we want less, we can...and vice versa.
    Unfortunately, you do. Americans pay about 4% more tax than do Canadians for state-funded health care options (Medicaid, etc.,) and pay double the amount per-capita for less coverage (about 1/3 of the State is not covered).

    I'm not knocking the States, nor Republicans, as I hate Dems., equally, just stating what I perceive as the 'facts'. OECD Comparative studies are abound if you wish to take a look. Google "OECD Health Care Study" or something to that effect. Kind of surprising data.
  23. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Why the guys here that are "Democrats" feel good about being one. I just can't fathom supporting even more taxing and bigger government.

    Why the hell would you support that? Anyone who votes for Hillary or Obama is doing just that. What's the rationale?

    I don't want to hear an excuse of how they aren't for bigger gov. and raising taxes, bc you know damn well they are.

    Just wondering....

    I can giive you my opinion seeing as i am a dem and a poli sci major.

    the reason most democrats are democrats is because they agree with the ideals that fall within those party lines. They feel that they need tax because they want fund the government given products. If we didnt have taxes then we wouldnt have the streets you and I both ride on everyday. Nor would we have the police or any service that is provided to us. The world is not free and democrats realize we must all pay for it. As for more government control (larger government), both parties as of late have taken on this traditionally democratic ideal. The difference is republicans look more for stronger military, religious based laws that are national (for example. no abortion), among many other things. democrats look for more services keeping jobs in the country using th power of the government, national health care, etc. look at CA where i am from the rep's in office here and the national government prez have brought us in to a huge debt in CA alone. There are many reasons why one person goes one way and another the other way.

    I could give you more info, but i will open it up to you! Also, I love paying higher taxes and as for the idea of larger government , i love that too.

    would you answer this ? for me? In light of how the government is right now after 8 years with a rep prez and 6 years(till 2006-7) with a congress and house/senate controlled also by rep's; why would you vote for a rep? After all they have done for our country.

    Thanks
    GJJ
  24. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    I think that the ideology behind liberalism has derived itself from the delusional thought of a "perfect" world. In theory the ideas are good.

    Free Health Care
    Free Food
    Free Housing

    Next they will be demanding that it is their "right" to own a car. There is no end to the madness.

    The idea that we as a country will reach a state that allows one not to worry about life's mishaps and trials is very appealing. Many young people do not know it but the goal of the liberals is to eliminate money. They just follow along and it spreads.


    The problem with this mind f*ck of an idea (liberalism) is that humans cannot achieve a coexistence were money is not an issue. Corruption and greed will take over.

    So yeah I would like to here why Democrats support what they do. (in there own words, not mine. lol)

    I find it funny that you think we want to eliminate money.... interesting tell me more....
    care to back up these ideas? bases? sources?
  25. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    I don't think all Democrats are liberal in the sense of the word as we know it today. I think many Democrats do hold liberal values as well as conservative values. To tell you the truth, I believe the majority of people in this country are towards the middle with no extremes. It's only the extremists that get the attention though.

    The reason young people follow the ideology of today's liberalism (polar opposite of classic liberalism pre-1970) is because it's indoctrinated in their heads from all of the leftist universities in this country. When you have professors that spend the majority of their life in a laboratory and/or classroom working with theories and never real-world experience, of course they're going to be searching for the most ideal path to goodness in our society.

    I would love free healthcare, free education, etc., but at the expense of higher taxes, bigger government, and more worthless government bureaucracies? Of course not. We make do with what we've got, and it seems every year, the government just keeps expanding it's reach and control over all of us.

    It's unfortunate we don't have a really good candidate running for President this year, because our country really needs one right now. Mitt Romney should have been the Republican nominee, but the dumbasses in this country couldn't see past his religion.

    We have free education, by the way did you know we as a country spend less on education then 6 of the top 10 wealthiest countries in the world. No wonder out sourcing is becoming so popular!
  26. New Member
    skunkman's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    Your right I did not fully explain my thoughts on that one. Obviously money is needed to function as a whole. My statement taken as stated above; was a little far fetched for the context it was used but still true in a sense.

    I should have said the personal responsibility of ones money.
  27. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    See, I personally didn't see how in the world anyone looked past Ron Paul. He bar none should have been our next commander in chief. He had no extreme to the right or left, though he claimed republican. We was the best candidate for our economy. Though there are things I didnt agree with on him, such as in the war, but overall his ideals were rock solid.

    Adams

    He was actually very extreme in both his fiscal policy and his social policy. Dont get me wrong i love the guy. he is really smart, however, his ideas were not so practical. Also, he might have had a chance had he played with big business, but he didnt, he could not be sold. I like him for that fact.
  28. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    Your right I did not fully explain my thoughts on that one. Obviously money is needed to function as a whole. My statement taken as stated above was a little far fetched for the context it was used but still true in a sense.

    I should have said the personal responsibility of ones money.

    I see your point, although, i disagree. your point is valid. At the same time you could say that many republicans dont handle money well. looking at the example of the war or whats going on with the housing market.

    It is funny to me, how many people dont realize they are actually federalists and not republicans.
  29. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979719.pdf

    That's a misguided concept; as an American citizen, you are already paying double (approximately) what I am as a Canadian citizen for Health Care. This figure is both public and private spending, and your country spends more than mine does in GDP percentage points. You're already paying more than you think - much more. I think what you want is a more effective system, not less taxes.

    agreed!!!!!!!
  30. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Yes, we pay more for health care. The reason being is Health Care is a business in the US, and the most prominent doctors on this globe come here for just that. Not to be paid an almost worthless salary in comparison to thier skills. So personally I dont want health care standardized, because of this exact reason.

    I do agree with you on the more effective system. Which is why I did bring up Ron Paul. His views were all about improving the economic system of the US. He would have instituted the Fair Tax Act. Something I am strongly for. Being double taxed blows.

    Adams
    actually doc's in canada and in england do very well sometimes better!
  31. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Maybe if we didn't have so many irresponsible obese pieces of **** in America, health care wouldn't be so damn high.
    Or maybe if they could afford it we wouldnt have so many lazy peices of ****s?!?!? Do you really think it is high because of the lazy people? Tisk Tisk!
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    Or maybe if they could afford it we wouldnt have so many lazy peices of ****s?!?!? Do you really think it is high because of the lazy people? Tisk Tisk!

    do you really think different healthcare would affect what people throw down their throats?
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  33. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    . democrats look for more services keeping jobs in the country using th power of the government, national health care, etc.
    Was NAFTA part of the democrat ideology to keep jobs in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by grila jujitsu View Post
    I see your point, although, i disagree. your point is valid. At the same time you could say that many republicans dont handle money well. looking at the example of the war or whats going on with the housing market.
    The initial policies that started the housing fiasco were created by Democrats. BTW, I was in the military during the Clinton administration and we didn't even have bullets to train with. The fact that his administartion crippled the military is an often forgotten reason why military spending has increased over the last several years.

    Now for my last rant-

    I work hard for the little money that I do make and I have very little respect for those that receive government assistance. I don't slave for others to sit on their lazy asses. I didn't fight overseas twice to watch my paychecks being eaten up by people who receive government assistance because they know how to f@ck and ensure that their checks will keep rolling as long as new mouths appear. I don't like having to attend classes with females that get to go to school free( b/c they were too stupid to not use birth control at 15), while I struggle to make tuition. If you like to pay more taxes, then f@ck it...Pay my damn taxes.
  34. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    do you really think different healthcare would affect what people throw down their throats?
    If anything it would encourage it. Because that fat lazy piece of shlt knows that it is my dime paying for his triple bypass, as my tax dime is paying for them to support themselves, since fatness now is considered a dibilitating conditions, and can be collected upon for.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  35. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    If anything it would encourage it. Because that fat lazy piece of shlt knows that it is my dime paying for his triple bypass, as my tax dime is paying for them to support themselves, since fatness now is considered a dibilitating conditions, and can be collected upon for.

    Adams
    Not to keep ragging on you, but obesity rates in G7 Universal HealthCare countries like Canada, the UK, France, etc., are lower than the United States. There are obviously a myriad of factors at play there, most notably the key focus on consumption in the States.
  36. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Not to keep ragging on you, but obesity rates in G7 Universal HealthCare countries like Canada, the UK, France, etc., are lower than the United States. There are obviously a myriad of factors at play there, most notably the key focus on consumption in the States.
    Hey say what you need. But as you said, comparing Canada/UK to the US is Night and Day. So in essence irrelevent to the questions at hand. The rest of my comment still stands. I don't want my country to move in a more socialist direction, which is what the liberilistic ideals really encourage now. As said before, dems now, and historically are polar opposites.

    I want people to be able to fail, well because they just are worthless. Heartless, maybe.
    The Historic PES Legend
  37. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30561

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No, they put the right to me "CHOOSING" over government mandates saying I have to pay more taxes to cover other peoples cost. We already pay for Medicare and Medicaid which take up the 2nd largest % of our annual budget.
    Taxes should be there to cover the cost of those who need it most, not protect those who make the most money

    If they actually thought that, they could easily mandate a government health system that would make them more money than any other private institution that requires a hell of lot less oversight than a private company. But its funny how you think the 2nd most corrupt industry (pharm companies) would be a great marriage to the largest corrupt industry (government).
    Who would make more money? The government? If it's privately controlled then it can go into someones pocket. And pharm companies are corrupt, that's why all medicine should be one standard, low price, like in England. There is no need to make money off the sick.

    Property ownership in the last 5 years is at an all time high because of Democratic regulations forcing banks to make sub prime and no doc loans. You see the result now....Republicans were AGAINST government regulations (CRA Amendments of 1995) forcing banks to loan money to those with questionable credit to maintain their ratings. So its funny how you blame Republicans for issues Democrats created in the first place...
    Democrats are evil too. The problem isn't the bank issues. It's the bigger picture that so many people have questionable credit because the system is making impossible for them not too. My problem is that the Repulicans consistently try to ease the taxing of those who can afford it, rather than taxing them more to help those who need it.

    The current sub prime crisis and its effect on the economy is a direct result of government intervention and regulation into the market.
    This is unfortunately true. But the big banks do profit from the smaller ones going under. The problem may very well be that there was not enough intervention.

    Yeah, I'm sure thats it
    Yeah, I'm sure it is.


    How do you know and who are you to determine that? If he make the money, good for him.
    If he didn't have that much money, thousands of people wouldn't be starving. They go hungry so he can be rich. Yeah, good for him.



    The pie does not have proportions.
    That's the problem
  38. Senior Member
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    1373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    do you really think different healthcare would affect what people throw down their throats?
    This is one argument that falls under the umbrella of healthcare. to answer your question, no, i dont. you can see from this site alone many "young ones" take **** all the time that could harm them and it doesnt stop them.

    My main argument is why healthcare is so expensive? Also, why are the medicare and the taxes we pay for healthcare so expensive or Why is it that we pay taxes for healthcare, but yet when we go to a pubic center or even a privet hospital does it still costs an arm and a leg. The reason is that medical companies charge up the ying yang for little drugs that we can get in mex or canada for 1/3 the price. Also, another reason is that so many people are uninsured and even with medicare they wouldnt be able to afford the bill of a public hospital. so, when these people end up not going to the doctor to take preventative measures and they get sick and sicker and sicker till finally they end up going to the emegency room and they cant pay for it, who do you think ends up paying the bill, u and I.

    With public healthcare those who cant afford it now or can hardly afford it, will be able to. Also, this will cause the competition to lower there prices thus making healthcare better for the middle class and so on and so on.

    now that i have answered your question, where did you get it? cause im having a hard time seeing where it came from.
  39. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    your first post on page #2 here. AM07 said
    Maybe if we didn't have so many irresponsible obese pieces of **** in America, health care wouldn't be so damn high.
    and what I quoted was your response to him...
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  40. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Taxes should be there to cover the cost of those who need it most, not protect those who make the most money

    And it is there to help those who need it the most, but many people abuse the system as well. What we need is a cap on welfare services provided to the "poor" in this country. Also, the definition of poor in this country is considered wealthy in other countries around the world, so to all those people that live in a government subsidized housing that drive $20k cars and have two TVs, they shouldn't be living in that housing. The government should be regulating the welfare state heavily, going into the government's homes and checking to see what the **** those people are spending all of our tax dollars on. If it's on unnecessary ****, then screw them, cut off the funds. But then people will scream racism. The Dems love that word.



    Who would make more money? The government? If it's privately controlled then it can go into someones pocket. And pharm companies are corrupt, that's why all medicine should be one standard, low price, like in England. There is no need to make money off the sick.

    If there is no incentive to make money off of pharmaceuticals, who the hell is going to keep coming up with different antibiotics and medicines to cure people? You think people will do it for free? If that were the case, the plague would still be killing millions of people each year and the average lifespan would be 35 years of age in America. Greed is what allows you and I to live such a great life in this country. Greed is what drives competition, leading to lower costs of products. EAS was one of the first supplement companies, and now look how many there are? Creatine is cheap as **** due to abundance of it. GREED is what drove more and more people to get involved in the supp industry (as with every other industry in this world in which competition exists), thus lowering prices for all of the supp whores here and on other forums. So I'm very happy and fortunate that we live in a society of greed.



    Democrats are evil too. The problem isn't the bank issues. It's the bigger picture that so many people have questionable credit because the system is making impossible for them not too. My problem is that the Repulicans consistently try to ease the taxing of those who can afford it, rather than taxing them more to help those who need it.

    The Republicans want lower taxes for everyone, not just the rich. You put money back into the hands of the people, it creates more money back into the economy, thus creating more jobs, which in turn brings more money, etc. It's a cycle. Do you really want to give 35-50% of your hard-earned money to the government, so they can fund some illegal woman's 10 kids, of which she receives a larger check every time? That's why you see these non-English speaking Mexican women walking around with 7 kids in the grocery store, and how do you think they pay for all of those groceries? Yep, you and me.


    That's the problem

    Humans are usually competitive. Competition has been working well for this country up until now. Why would you want to change that? Do you actually think the government will do something worthwhile with the money you give them, except for maybe the DoD? Name one thing the government has done that the private sector couldn't do more efficiently and a better job.
    I put my responses in bold.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanna get LIT? up...
    By Rahl in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM
  2. How big do you wanna get?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
  3. GVT for those who wanna know.
    By Powerhouse 48 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in