Bush Signs Terror Interrogation Law

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Quote Originally Posted by badbart
    I agree, our country is not a strong country anymore. Our current generation could never match the WWII generation. Our enemy knows this and exploits this weakness.

Osama watches CNN on his little satellite tv piped through the rock he's hiding under and is laughing his ass off! It might as well be Comedy Central to him.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt
    I can only imagine what the soldiers of "The Greatest Generation" who died for us would think about giving our enemies the same rights that they fought to protect!

I think I hear a few hundred thousand of our fallen vets rolling in their graves as we speak.
    I am as anti-totalitarian as anyone, but I thought that previous to this new law, we as a country were being "very good sports" by granting non-citizens the same rights as native citizens, when they were on American soil. I understand that people are concerned that this law ia first step toward a fascist regime, but If you are a citizen It would be difficult to strip you of your rights. This new law also provides for congressional and judicial review. I think all this acromony about "Habeus Corpus", was a "smokescreen" for the adendum on the bill, which absolves the current president from being tried for any alleged war crimes involving illegal torture.

Wouldn't that make for some must see tv, GWB being tried for war crimes, with president HIllary waiting in the wings to envoke an "enemy combantant" lable on him?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino

Wouldn't that make for some must see tv, GWB being tried for war crimes, with president HIllary waiting in the wings to envoke an "enemy combantant" lable on him?
    Especially when she voted for the resolution that gave him authority to do so in the first place?

Yes, would be pretty interesting
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

4. Me no likey Hillary. I actually liked Bill.

5. Me no likey Hillary. I actually liked Bill.
    Yeah, all faults aside, I liked Bill Clinton as a president too.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law
    By hillbilly_210 in forum Politics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
  2. Bush Names Iranian "military Guard" As Terror Group
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
  3. Bush Signs Law to Widen Legal Reach for Wiretapping