Bush Signs Terror Interrogation Law

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Just for you though, big guy
    Shows you the mindset of some people, doens't it?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm good at pointing out the obvious And I never implied you thought it was 100% dead on and were referring to the quotes and is probably why you didn't link the site so it wouldn't cloud the people's view when reading that...Am I close?

I see people go into , finger in the ear mode when certain sources are used. Regardless of the information given.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I'm good at pointing out the obvious And I never implied you thought it was 100% dead on and were referring to the quotes and is probably why you didn't link the site so it wouldn't cloud the people's view when reading that...Am I close?

I see people go into , finger in the ear mode when certain sources are used. Regardless of the information given.
    Pretty much. Its like MoveOn.org stating Bush mismanaged the war. I agree but think the people who run that site are trash.

Finger in the ear or head up the butt mode
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Regarding citizens, what about Jose Padilla? He's a US citizen SUSPECTED of involvement with terrorism, and was imprisoned without charge for 3 years before finally actually having the opportunity of a trial. He may be guilty, but the point is he hasn't been convicted yet. Innocent until proven guilty is our law. Tim McVey was a terrorist but we tried him in a CRIMINAL court; he was NOT an "enemy combatant", yet the crime was the same.

Terrorism is a crime. If a US citizen commits it they should be tried in a criminal court, not as an "enemy combatant." If this bill reinforces the Pentagon's ability to designate citizens as "enemy combatants" then we truly have lost our essential liberties.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    sounds good to me
    Me too, we did it in WWII and the Civil War why not this war?
  6. All The Whey Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    They do now!!!!

We are the ONLY country that has a law stating this but somehow that gets twisted into "we legalized torture". THATS how f'ed up it is.

I can only imagine what the soldiers of "The Greatest Generation" who died for us would think about giving our enemies the same rights that they fought to protect!

I think I hear a few hundred thousand of our fallen vets rolling in their graves as we speak.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Regarding citizens, what about Jose Padilla? He's a US citizen SUSPECTED of involvement with terrorism, and was imprisoned without charge for 3 years before finally actually having the opportunity of a trial. He may be guilty, but the point is he hasn't been convicted yet. Innocent until proven guilty is our law. Tim McVey was a terrorist but we tried him in a CRIMINAL court; he was NOT an "enemy combatant", yet the crime was the same.

Terrorism is a crime. If a US citizen commits it they should be tried in a criminal court, not as an "enemy combatant." If this bill reinforces the Pentagon's ability to designate citizens as "enemy combatants" then we truly have lost our essential liberties.
    He was held under the state of New York that had a warrant out for him before he was labeled an "enemy combatant". He was assigned under the AUMFAI Resolution of 2002 which made is perfectly legal. Today he would go through a tribunal which can be appealed all the way to the US Supreme Court to determine that status therefore the bill actually protects people like Padilla more than it did 2 years ago. In fact, he probably couldn't even be labeled unless he had dual citizenship (and even that is unknown) and was afilliated with known terror networks and that has to be proven.

Can you please read what the bills states before once again, like many others, assuming what the US determines an "enemy combatant"?

"The court would not be used to prosecute U.S. citizens"
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Big Matt
    I can only imagine what the soldiers of "The Greatest Generation" who died for us would think about giving our enemies the same rights that they fought to protect!

I think I hear a few hundred thousand of our fallen vets rolling in their graves as we speak.
    I agree, our country is not a strong country anymore. Our current generation could never match the WWII generation. Our enemy knows this and exploits this weakness.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by badbart
    Me too, we did it in WWII and the Civil War why not this war?
    Political Correctness.
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

Scroll down to "Military Commissions Act" and watch the video.
  11. All The Whey Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.96%

Quote Originally Posted by badbart
    I agree, our country is not a strong country anymore. Our current generation could never match the WWII generation. Our enemy knows this and exploits this weakness.

Osama watches CNN on his little satellite tv piped through the rock he's hiding under and is laughing his ass off! It might as well be Comedy Central to him.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I am as anti-totalitarian as anyone, but I thought that previous to this new law, we as a country were being "very good sports" by granting non-citizens the same rights as native citizens, when they were on American soil. I understand that people are concerned that this law ia first step toward a fascist regime, but If you are a citizen It would be difficult to strip you of your rights. This new law also provides for congressional and judicial review. I think all this acromony about "Habeus Corpus", was a "smokescreen" for the adendum on the bill, which absolves the current president from being tried for any alleged war crimes involving illegal torture.

Wouldn't that make for some must see tv, GWB being tried for war crimes, with president HIllary waiting in the wings to envoke an "enemy combantant" lable on him?
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino

Wouldn't that make for some must see tv, GWB being tried for war crimes, with president HIllary waiting in the wings to envoke an "enemy combantant" lable on him?
    Especially when she voted for the resolution that gave him authority to do so in the first place?

Yes, would be pretty interesting
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Me no likey Hillary. I actually liked Bill.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Me no likey Hillary. I actually liked Bill.
    Yeah, all faults aside, I liked Bill Clinton as a president too.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law
    By hillbilly_210 in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
  2. Bush Names Iranian "military Guard" As Terror Group
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
  3. Bush Signs Law to Widen Legal Reach for Wiretapping
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 6