Dear christ, I wish I didn't own a Truck - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Dear christ, I wish I didn't own a Truck

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Well, considering it seems most powders come from there...I imagined the streets were lined with test (ala Willie Wonka).

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

we still have one gas station in little rhody that is 2.45a gal, course you waste it all driving to fill up....But I am with sunder, I love my jeep and would still buy them
    RIP Ryan, :(
  3. New Member

well gas kinda levled out here in PA, its liek 2.98.... if you want to call it leveled.
    •   

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    1. The instability of the middle east is making the players in the financial markets wary.
    2. EPA regulations that force the refineries to make many different blends of gasoline.
    3. Public demand for 3 grades of gasoline. Only 1 grade is really needed, two at the most.

I think the price of gas would be significantly lower if the refineries were only required to make 1 EPA mandated blend, AND only made 2 grades of gas... regular and premium.
    On the third point. There is only 1 grade of gasoline at any given pump. A detergent is mixed in AT THE PUMP. You can do this yourself for much cheaper, but you have to measure exactly in order to determine correct octane.

The real problem are states like California which have such preposterous fuel and emissions restrictions that they require different gas than other states. Therre is such a dirth of refineries that all refineries produce gas for all states. That means refineries in NJ are producing some gas for CA.

Btw, gas prices go down in the winter because restrictions change. In the summer, emissions and fuel restrictions are such that we can only get refined gas from US refineries; foreign refined gas doesn't meet the restrictions. In the winter we can get refined gas from overseas as well as from domestic refineries, and thus supply increases in the winter and prices drop. ALternatively you could say prices go up in the summer for the same reason. Whatever the case, now you know why gas prices are on the rise again. Likely they will drop slightly in September and into October/November.
  5. Elite Member

The real problem are states like California which have such preposterous fuel and emissions restrictions that they require different gas than other states. Therre is such a dirth of refineries that all refineries produce gas for all states. That means refineries in NJ are producing some gas for CA.
    That's ridiculous. Who came up with that astinine scheme? Why cant the federal govenment mandate one country-wide environmental standard and 2-3 grades of gasoline?
  6. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    That's ridiculous. Who came up with that astinine scheme? Why cant the federal govenment mandate one country-wide environmental standard and 2-3 grades of gasoline?
    Various greenies and the Democrats and Republicans in office who were stupid enough to go along with them.
  7. Elite Member

Various greenies and the Democrats and Republicans in office who were stupid enough to go along with them.
    Im all for protecting the environment, but it seems that a myriad of standards like that would end up doing more harm than good.
  8. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Im all for protecting the environment, but it seems that a myriad of standards like that would end up doing more harm than good.
    In my opinion most if not all do more harm than good. But I think we can agree at least on this extreme case being that way. But bottom line is most of these regs are put in place by people who have zero to near zero education in economics, so they have no clue what the ffects will be (even though others warn them repeatedly), and what few that do have some knowledge in that area usually get it a la Karl Marx Lite, so it tends to lead to problems down the line as they don't believe the warnings, even when they come true.

A little note to the Oreilly Factor followers. He's been blowing steam about speculators, thank your lucky stars they are there. It's the perfect example of the profit motive in the market leading to energy conservation. These speculators aren't going to keep the oil to swim in like Scrooge McDuck with his gold, and every barrel of oil brought to the market in the future increases future supply and buffers any upward pressure on prices. That's how pricing fluctuations get smoothed out so we're paying 3 now and 4 or so later instead of 2 now and 6 or 7 later, and it's exactly how the market is supposed to work. Please don't get sucked in by a well meaning but seriously misdirected campaign against speculators, they're doing their job in the market, sharing future risk on this commodity and allocating some of today's supply to tomorrow and beyond, conserving because of the profit they hope to realize in the future and making everyone else's life a lot easier in the long term.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
  2. Conceptions-I've been owned and now I'm banned!
    By Conceptions in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:18 AM
  3. wish you a good one
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 12:54 PM
  4. Making your own gear from powders
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 09:15 AM
  5. Thoughts about mixing your own injectables