Dear christ, I wish I didn't own a Truck

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    That'd probably get me going too. I mean **** happens, you hit me as long as it was an accident and everyone's okay, I'm fine with it. The car can be replaced. If someone tried to pull **** like that though, I might get massively pissed. An accident is an accident, lying about it is just plain low.
    they where trying to say it was his mama cause he ad alot of prior wrecks
    durringthe last phase of the interview they asked if i was law enforcement or a paralegal i said " uh no just a pissed off marine" hahahahaha

2. Having a Turbo charged car, I'm doing my best not to get into anything about the 4k range as my 4-cylinder can really start to eat up gas once that turbine starts to spin. It is pretty ridiculous, and of course by Summer they know that since people will start to travel more they will have to buy more gas = increased gas prices.

It's pretty ridiculous how unregulated this market is, but of course they are creating their own demise as we speak. People won't put up with this ****, but unfortunately implementation of other alternatives is a long process.
    •   

3. i need a car running on nuclear power.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    It's pretty ridiculous how unregulated this market is, but of course they are creating their own demise as we speak. People won't put up with this ****, but unfortunately implementation of other alternatives is a long process.
    The oil and gas industry is one of the most heavily regulated industries in the United States and the in world in general.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    the topic is being lost here. i'm not being sucked in to this further avoiding the subject. CDB, what do you attribute rising costs to? or anyone for that matter?

1. The instability of the middle east is making the players in the financial markets wary.
    2. EPA regulations that force the refineries to make many different blends of gasoline.
    3. Public demand for 3 grades of gasoline. Only 1 grade is really needed, two at the most.

I think the price of gas would be significantly lower if the refineries were only required to make 1 EPA mandated blend, AND only made 2 grades of gas... regular and premium.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    I think the price of gas would be significantly lower if the refineries were only required to make 1 EPA mandated blend, AND only made 2 grades of gas... regular and premium.
    That would go a long way to easing regional shortages. That way if an area is running low supply can get reallocated by the pricing system. As it is now even when prices go up it's hit or miss as to whether or not that will stimulate the delivery of supply to the area that has higher demand because the availability is dependent on so many other factors. But like you imply, as it is now if California has a low supply and the price goes up there can be no reallocation of supply because the gas in Nevada can't necessarily be sold in CA.

Sad to say but this is one area where, if we're going to have a standard, it should be regulated at the federal level with no state involvement. That way all states use the same gas grade(s) and supply is much more flexible.

7. no **** dude, ive got a 94 V8 GMC Sierra GT Short box step side, it fricken blows on gas, i wanna sell her, but i love her soo much

8. Bah...
    Last edited by jmh80; 05-28-2006 at 03:19 AM.

9. Yeah soo lol How about i was screwin around and google'd Stargetic Petro Reserve and an atriel from 2004 came up pretyt much stating that gas was reaching an unbearable 40 dolalrs a barrel... i almost shat myself.

10. Honestly this doesn't directly affect me much at all... but I have some input.

I know a lot of europeans have have dealt with high gas prices for a very long time. Why does this suddenly kill americans? We are still paying less then european contries. Do we as a country financially strap ourselves so tight that and extra $50 per month kills us?

11. Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    Honestly this doesn't directly affect me much at all... but I have some input.

I know a lot of europeans have have dealt with high gas prices for a very long time. Why does this suddenly kill americans? We are still paying less then european contries. Do we as a country financially strap ourselves so tight that and extra $50 per month kills us?
    For a lot of people, yes. It's also important to remember that their higher prices are manufactured to a large degree through even more extensive taxation and regulation. I'm not sure if they have to deal with the same regional differences within each country that we have to deal with though, so that could be one thing in their favor. JMH is a lot more familiar with the particulars on this issue than I am, I wasn't even aware of the issues in Africa.

Put simply though people have to stop complaining about a price rise. To a certain extent I don't doubt it's due to 'Big Oil' greed. However, they wouldn't be able to exericise that power were it not for government intervention. In a broader sense though a price increase due to restricted supply and/or increased demand should be welcomed, because that's what stops shortages and what signals the market to allocate more supply to the areas in question. It's the profits to be made from the price rise that will give people the incentive to sell more of whatever the good in question is in that area.

12. Hydrogen is a promising future, if they can cut through the red tape crap.

Ford is pushing the idea of hydraulics in their new trucks, and we may see them in production as early as 2009. Apparently hydraulics are more efficient than the latest batteries we have today. It's kind of ironic that the bigger/higher the truck sits, the more fuel efficient it will be due to the increased hydraulic size.

I pedal bike a lot in the summer.

13. Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    I think you just answered your own question. Europeans have dealt with high gas prices for a very long time. Fuel economy is a much higher rated priority in those countries when searching for a new vehicle. Plus, many Europeans do not own vehicles.

North Americans have dealt with relatively low gas prices for a very long time, and purchase their vehicles accordingly. Now all of a sudden, some people find that their 3 gas guzzlers in the driveway are going to cost them a lot more - and they are still making payments on these vehicles.

I think there are a lot more American teenagers with vehicles than in Europe. While I think $50/month might be a bit on the conservative side, just an extra $50/month for a highschool student is going to hurt.

14. Yeah or if your like me and currently are in colege/unemployeed, having a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD with a 6.0L V8 doesn't help, I have that thing on blocks right now.

15. Just be thankfull u got us near u guys (Canada) and the biggest reserve of untaped oil estimated at some 1trillion berrals in the oil sands in Alberta. Its not the companies that affect price that much but rather the taxes, here in canada gas has a 40%tax on it so take that off and u got cheaper gas...especially here where they got surpluses every year but taxes still don't go down. I ride my bike and it costs me $15 of premium /week the only thing that scks is u can only use it for roughly 7 months here in Canada.

16. Alberta eh, whats stopping you guys from getting it some endanged slugs or some ****?

17. Mehhh....Long story short: demand is up just over 1% the last 2 years while price is up around 20% for the same time frame.

While I dont want to say it's about the greed of CEO's, I wholeheartedly cannot dismiss that they will milk the industry while they can.

18. ...
    Last edited by jmh80; 05-28-2006 at 03:20 AM.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Hmmm.
    I seem to remember paying 75 cents a gallon in 1998-1999.

Doesn't quite fit the picture that I just get to make up the price as I want, eh??

Diesel was 99 cents at that time it was pimp as hell...LONG LIVE THE 7.3 POWERSTROKE

also jmh80 since i cannot PM you where did you get that picture in your avatar?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    I get 32mpg but someday I will own this....

Sweet ride, as per the name I ride a Basso (a real one) couldn't afford that beauty! Gets really good gas mileage Unlimited miles per gallon

21. Someone linked it to me - was from Hot or Not...

22. I bought my wife a new car last year, and we looked at the hybrids but dang what a rip, we got a 5speed corolla (40mpg) at half the price. After living in Europe for 8 years $3 doesn't seem so bad, majority of europeans drive diesels (diesel is taxed less=lower price) unfortunately here the diesel is the same as Reg gas. Sure wish I still had my 81 diesel rabbit (50-60mpg, had to push uphill though).

23. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Someone linked it to me - was from Hot or Not...
    Well that's definitely hot but $5k+ for a bike is a bit much for me!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    Well that's definitely hot but $5k+ for a bike is a bit much for me!

The Colnago C4 Ferrari Edition is $8500

Note: jmh80 is talking about his avatar.

25. Yeah, who gives a flying f*ck about a bike??

I'm here for big tits damn it!!!

26. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Yeah, who gives a flying f*ck about a bike??

I'm here for big tits damn it!!!

I hate you.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    The Colnago C4 Ferrari Edition is $8500

Note: jmh80 is talking about his avatar.
    Ouch! Does that come in a hybrid?

28. Yeah, only if it's waxed...

29. Yeah see the non hybrid get 12MPG and the hybrid get 13MPG.. but when u buy the car it comes in both models... one MPG is for speed >100MPH and the other is for <100MPH

30. Honestly if I was big oil I'd charge more also. That's pretty much the point of business, make as much money as possible.

I understand why people don't like that, though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
  2. Conceptions-I've been owned and now I'm banned!
    By Conceptions in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:18 AM
  3. wish you a good one
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 01:54 PM
  4. Making your own gear from powders
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 10:15 AM
  5. Thoughts about mixing your own injectables