girl in my homeroom doesnt stand for pledge

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1337
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    What specifically are you talking about? Most of my comments have been directed towards the general theme of this thread.

    In a lot of males, I think age does equal maturity and this is coming from a male who HAD to, by circumstance, act and be older than I was as a kid and teen.

    I'll agree with you that age shouldn't be used to substantiate or disqualify an argument or position. Yet, at the same time, I think some of the comments in this thread have shown people to be very immature and more importantly - grossly ignorant.
    I can be immature at times, but that's just my personality (just ask my wife); but I never say anything grossly ignorant. The Canada comment was a joke. I hope you know that.

  2. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1016
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I can be immature at times, but that's just my personality (just ask my wife); but I never say anything grossly ignorant. The Canada comment was a joke. I hope you know that.
    Oddly enough, that wasn't actually directed towards you. lol
  3. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1337
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Oddly enough, that wasn't actually directed towards you. lol
    Oh ok. Disregard.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Tiftan090's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    131
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.6%

    Davis, you're exactly right. If you don't like the way some people act differently in this country you should get the hell out. I think you would do well a place like Iran where girls can't wear skirts that show thier vagina, there's no need for birth control pills in highschool cause you'd get stoned to death for getting pregnant without being married, there is no freedom, and everyone shares the exact same superstitious beliefs about god.
  5. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    462
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by granby140
    im sure our forefathers would would be giving her **** for not showing respect towards the flag. If u dont like it or dont respct leave. simple as that. U dont have to love it but u have to respect it
    Sorry kid, that's not how this whole 'freedom' thing works. I think people should stand and at least respect the flag BUT its their right not to and I'm not going to become 'Mr Fascist' and force them to do it "or leave"

    If you don't like the freedoms given to people in this country, then WHY DONT YOU LEAVE?!?
  6. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    462
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401
    Agian I dont have to justify my thoughts, age =immaturity most of the time! I will not reply to this again
    Wisdom here...

    Age DOES have a huge effect on maturity and immaturity... Why? Because your perception of maturity changes as you get older, you begin to understand WHAT maturity really means. At 17 years of age, you havent had enough life experiences to even understand the definition... hell at 20-21 most people are just starting to understand. I'm about to hit 25 and I know I've got a long ways to go

    There are always those that ARE mature at young ages... my sister is a great example. 22 years old, married to someone she's in love with (and he's a great responsible, intelligent guy)... she got her Nursing degree with a 3.5GPA at the #2 nursing school in the USA, got married a week later, then bought a house 1.5 months afterwards with her own money. But she's immature in other ways... there are lots of different types of maturity. Some about fiscal responsibility, emotional maturity; hell getting up on time in the morning and getting to work is maturity... Its a lot more complex than young people think (I'm sure there's lots more to know, because I'm not exactly old myself )
  7. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Wisdom here...

    Age DOES have a huge effect on maturity and immaturity... Why? Because your perception of maturity changes as you get older, you begin to understand WHAT maturity really means. At 17 years of age, you havent had enough life experiences to even understand the definition... hell at 20-21 most people are just starting to understand. I'm about to hit 25 and I know I've got a long ways to go

    There are always those that ARE mature at young ages... my sister is a great example. 22 years old, married to someone she's in love with (and he's a great responsible, intelligent guy)... she got her Nursing degree with a 3.5GPA at the #2 nursing school in the USA, got married a week later, then bought a house 1.5 months afterwards with her own money. But she's immature in other ways... there are lots of different types of maturity. Some about fiscal responsibility, emotional maturity; hell getting up on time in the morning and getting to work is maturity... Its a lot more complex than young people think (I'm sure there's lots more to know, because I'm not exactly old myself )
    I believed this up until about my 20th year. Then I took an objective look at the adults i know and then I realized maturity is a trait, not a characteristic earned with age.

    Almost as if maturity is synonymous with civility and ignorance. Some people are just never civil, some can never accept the truth, and some a combination of both.

    Yes, there is a small positive correlation between maturity and age, but, when you're basically an adult, it should NOT be the deciding factor. Not by any means. I know plenty of 18 year old kids who are more mentally "mature" than their so called "elders".

    You show maturity in your decisions, your ability to accept the truth, and your ability to treat other civily. Based on that criteria, I would say there most certainly IS NOT a large enough correlation between age and maturity to say the generalization holds true once a person is at or near his/her adult years.

    And, dont let yourself be fooled into thinking being seasoned to life is a prerequisite to maturity. A total spaz can have dealth with, for example, trying to make the bills while living week to week. A person can have dealt with that situation, and done so wrongly, and in an immature fashion, whereas if you stuck some 18 year old kid in the same situation, he may handle it much better.

    Point..if your entire argument is based off of someones age, its not only weak, its baseless and entirely embarassing.
  8. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    462
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    48.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I believed this up until about my 20th year. Then I took an objective look at the adults i know and then I realized maturity is a trait, not a characteristic earned with age.

    Almost as if maturity is synonymous with civility and ignorance. Some people are just never civil, some can never accept the truth, and some a combination of both.

    Yes, there is a small positive correlation between maturity and age, but, when you're basically an adult, it should NOT be the deciding factor. Not by any means. I know plenty of 18 year old kids who are more mentally "mature" than their so called "elders".

    You show maturity in your decisions, your ability to accept the truth, and your ability to treat other civily. Based on that criteria, I would say there most certainly IS NOT a large enough correlation between age and maturity to say the generalization holds true once a person is at or near his/her adult years.

    And, dont let yourself be fooled into thinking being seasoned to life is a prerequisite to maturity. A total spaz can have dealth with, for example, trying to make the bills while living week to week. A person can have dealt with that situation, and done so wrongly, and in an immature fashion, whereas if you stuck some 18 year old kid in the same situation, he may handle it much better.

    Point..if your entire argument is based off of someones age, its not only weak, its baseless and entirely embarassing.
    My entire argument is not based off someone's age I never said it was a requirement... but most of the time >age = >maturity... ESPECIALLY between ages of 18-21 vs 25-30... at this point people get out of college, they finish their masters, and/or they start a family, etc... things that 'normally' go along with a certain age range that add up to the potential maturity factor.

    But the point I'm trying to make, is you're not really qualified to call yourself mature... I'm sure at 20 years old you thought you were pretty smart because you could reflect on something and no one else couldnt.

    I dont think you understand HOW 'baseless and entirely embarassing' a child sounds when they claim they're 'mature'. Mature people don't care enough about it to really give two ****s. And they definitely don't go around trying to justify their maturity either.

    I'm not going to start slinging mud here, but I could.... It's quite tempting, actually.

    But I'm mature, and I don't let people get to me like that

    My biggest point, is a person is very immature if they think someone should 'get out' of a country if they are merely acting out their rights written in by law.
  9. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    632
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    My entire argument is not based off someone's age
    But the point I'm trying to make, is you're not really qualified to call yourself mature... I'm sure at 20 years old you thought you were pretty smart because you could reflect on something and no one else couldnt.
    I dont think you understand HOW 'baseless and entirely embarassing' a child sounds when they claim they're 'mature'. Mature people don't care enough about it to really give two ****s. And they definitely don't go around trying to justify their maturity either.

    I'm not going to start slinging mud here, but I could.... It's quite tempting, actually.
    < My biggest point, is a person is very immature if they think someone should 'get out' of a country if they are merely acting out their rights written in by law.
    #1 : why do U mr. beano think that you are &quot;qualified&quot; to label kwyche as mature or not? please tell me . i can tell you by my personally knowledge that he is older than his years and has achieved alot in his life mentally, acedemically and eventually finacially. im extremely proud of him! EVERYONE that meets him soon realizes that he is a very knowledgable and put together individual. if you havent noticed, even his posts around the boards, are well constructed and usually have ample references, unlike most people who argue and have no idea what they are arguing about!

    #2 kwyche NEVER said that he thought it was mature if someone said &quot;'get out' of a country if they are merely acting out their rights written in by law.&quot; i know he doesnt believe that at all SO DONT SHOVE WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH

    #3 get off your high mr. powerman box and quit thinking you are so much smarter and mature than people. thank you and have a nice day!
  10. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1016
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gimpy!
    #1 : why do U mr. beano think that you are &quot;qualified&quot; to label kwyche as mature or not? please tell me . i can tell you by my personally knowledge that he is older than his years and has achieved alot in his life mentally, acedemically and eventually finacially. im extremely proud of him! EVERYONE that meets him soon realizes that he is a very knowledgable and put together individual. if you havent noticed, even his posts around the boards, are well constructed and usually have ample references, unlike most people who argue and have no idea what they are arguing about!

    #2 kwyche NEVER said that he thought it was mature if someone said &quot;'get out' of a country if they are merely acting out their rights written in by law.&quot; i know he doesnt believe that at all SO DONT SHOVE WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH

    #3 get off your high mr. powerman box and quit thinking you are so much smarter and mature than people. thank you and have a nice day!
    And THIS ladies and gentlemen is why significant others shouldn't be posting at the same places where their counterpart belongs.

    Let kwycke agrue his own battles (not that there WAS a battle) and stay out of it.

    Man!
  11. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    its okay baby

    I don't think he was referring to "me" as saying "I" support kicing someone out of the country. He was referencing davisville...he said that.
  12. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    632
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    And THIS ladies and gentlemen is why significant others shouldn't be posting at the same places where their counterpart belongs.

    Let kwycke agrue his own battles (not that there WAS a battle) and stay out of it.

    Man!
    im just a tad defensive when people are rude to the person who i love more than anything and everything. i know kwyche can argue his own, i dont need to be told that.
  13. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    And THIS ladies and gentlemen is why significant others shouldn't be posting at the same places where their counterpart belongs.

    Let kwycke agrue his own battles (not that there WAS a battle) and stay out of it.

    Man!
    This goes on amongst other members as well...I don't see your point.

    We've all, yourself included, popped our heads into someone elses conversation.

    Chill. She didn't say anything mean, bad, wrong, etc.

    You being an ass isn't fixing anything. All it does is make you an ass.
  14. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    My entire argument is not based off someone's age I never said it was a requirement... but most of the time >age = >maturity...
    And I said, yes there is a correlation, but it’s a lame excuse for an argument.

    When I said that, I was referencing “toughchick401” who refused to say anything else other than “you’re young and immature”.

    But the point I'm trying to make, is you're not really qualified to call yourself mature... I'm sure at 20 years old you thought you were pretty smart because you could reflect on something and no one else couldnt.
    I never called myself mature. But, if I was asked to label myself, I’d say that I’m damn mature. I’m defined by my actions and there are few I’ve made that I’d regret for many years.

    I dont think you understand HOW 'baseless and entirely embarassing' a child sounds when they claim they're 'mature'. Mature people don't care enough about it to really give two ****s. And they definitely don't go around trying to justify their maturity either.
    I don’t know if you understand how ridiculous it sounds calling someone 2 years younger than yourself a child. Who is trying to justify their maturity? I just said that determining someones argument is worthless based on their age is lame and in most cases, I’d assume it was just a method of dodging the argument because that person had no retort.

    I'm not going to start slinging mud here, but I could.... It's quite tempting, actually.
    Sling away…I mean, if its so tempting, I’d hate to see you blunt your temptation for poor defenseless kwycke.
    My biggest point, is a person is very immature if they think someone should 'get out' of a country if they are merely acting out their rights written in by law.
    Something I agree with. However, that was ONE post by davisville. And, that wasn’t necessarily a case of immaturity, but rather one of lack of education on the matter. I see some people have a hard time distinguishing the two. How did he respond when people said “you can’t just go kicking people out of the country for things like that?” His response in that situation would be a better indicator of his maturity level. As I said before, you show maturity in your decisions, your ability to accept the truth, and your ability to treat others civilly.

    He made a few other posts, some of which were pretty good, and some people decided to write him off or ignore his posts because of his age. That’s ridiculous.

    Hell, this whole maturity thing is irrelevant. An immature person can bring a good argument, too. And, if they do, the argument should be treated as it is…a good argument. It’s the fact that an argument was ignored because of someones age that is just absolutely ridiculous.

    Point (to all): if davisville makes a good argument, please respond with something reasonable. He a good kid.He may have ideology issues with some of us, myself included, but I don't ignore what he says because of his age. Rather, I'd recommend doing the "mature" thing and educated him on the issues. From there, you can sling "mature and immature" around like there is tomorrow based off of how he responds to "facts" and how he interacts with you.

    If he lied about his age in his profile, this issue never would have popped up...think about it. If that's the case, then age is an irrelevant issue.
    Last edited by kwyckemynd00; 10-28-2005 at 04:55 PM.
  15. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    43.82%

    This reminds me of the past 2 elections that were almost both 50/50. Its sick that the nation is that divided.

    My input...

    A nation that is divided cant stand. Is it her right not to stand for the flag, sure. Is it her righ to drop out, sure. But, if more and more people start doing this, we will (as a country) fall apart.
  16. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2676
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiftan090
    Davis, you're exactly right. If you don't like the way some people act differently in this country you should get the hell out. I think you would do well a place like Iran where girls can't wear skirts that show thier vagina, there's no need for birth control pills in highschool cause you'd get stoned to death for getting pregnant without being married, there is no freedom, and everyone shares the exact same superstitious beliefs about god.
    Am I the only one who wants to know where these girls are in this country? I mean, the discussion is mildly interesting, but this sounds like a nice place to be.
  17. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1016
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    This goes on amongst other members as well...I don't see your point.

    We've all, yourself included, popped our heads into someone elses conversation.

    Chill. She didn't say anything mean, bad, wrong, etc.

    You being an ass isn't fixing anything. All it does is make you an ass.
    She didn't add any value to the thread with that post she made! She got defensive about someone (apparently) taking shots at you. She got defensive because she is your fiance. NO OTHER REASON.

    You can handle your own arguments without your fiance trying to "have your back".
  18. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1016
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hell, this whole maturity thing is irrelevant. An immature person can bring a good argument, too. And, if they do, the argument should be treated as it is…a good argument. It’s the fact that an argument was ignored because of someones age that is just absolutely ridiculous.
    They can but the problem comes in when a pattern has been established in that said person has shown their arguments to be flawed because of their immaturity, lack of education or any other factor which would was used originally to discredit them.

    It's called living in the real world and not many people have the ability, at first thought, to look past the person's previously lacking arguments to acknowledge that their current argument is worthy. Apparently you have that ability. Cudo's.
  19. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice to see this thread has gone farther into hell than it was on its inception..
  20. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2848
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    .... not many people have the ability, at first thought, to look past the person's previously lacking arguments to acknowledge that their current argument is worthy....
    LOL...I guess you're right there.
  21. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    632
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    She didn't add any value to the thread with that post she made! She got defensive about someone (apparently) taking shots at you. She got defensive because she is your fiance. NO OTHER REASON.

    You can handle your own arguments without your fiance trying to "have your back".
    EEExxxccussssee mee......sorry i caused you to spaz spaz spaz fizzz...

    i dont see why you want to make a big deal about it. sooorrrryyyy. other people go around and get defensive, etc...but just because its common knowledge that i am kwych's fiance, its suddenly NOT okay to add my own two cents. thanks buddy.

    i guess you are adding "value" as you like to call it to this thread by being a complete ******* and yell at me for taking shots and then by showing by example of how i should act, you take shots at me. riiiiggghhtt.....
  22. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    thanks.. now I can close this thread..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Im ready for a change in my life
    By tribalgt03 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 11:47 PM
  2. Tinnitus in my left ear, for...6 months-advice
    By Zero V in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
  5. Retain 2,for the last 4 weeks in my cut?
    By Dr Nick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in