Romney's Running mate

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Romney today backed a bill that would outlaw all abortions? That will segregate him quite a bit. Such a hard stance leading right into the lelections. Usually they start pssy footing it around that topic the closer they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    It's hard telling what Mitt thinks on most issues. It seems to greatly depend on the campaign he's running and who he needs to pander to!

"I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it."

"I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose."

However from what I'm reading this wasn't a law that existed and was debated, it was a hypothetical debate question.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

2. I will be voting for GJ. Trying to spread the word to others.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
    •   

3. Seems the list is down to 3.

Pawlenty
    Portman
    Jindal

If its me, I think jindal adds the most, but I doubt he gets it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Seems the list is down to 3.

Pawlenty
    Portman
    Jindal

If its me, I think jindal adds the most, but I doubt he gets it.
    You think Rubio is totally out of the picture now?
    This message was paid for by the Russians

5. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

You think Rubio is totally out of the picture now?
    Yes. I think that he is too high a risk for Romney which is counter to the Romney campaign.
    •   

6. Some recent rumors going around are Peatreus and Ryan, although I think the mention of the General is a distraction in the same vane as Condolezza Rice.

I am curious if the discussion comes down to Rubio v. Ryan who Romney goes with. Do you take the "rockstar" quality of Rubio, of the policy mind of Ryan or is Ryan more valuable where he is?

According to Karl Rove, we could find out friday

7. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Some recent rumors going around are Peatreus and Ryan, although I think the mention of the General is a distraction in the same vane as Condolezza Rice.

I am curious if the discussion comes down to Rubio v. Ryan who Romney goes with. Do you take the "rockstar" quality of Rubio, of the policy mind of Ryan or is Ryan more valuable where he is?

According to Karl Rove, we could find out friday
    I dont see why Peatreus would be a a distraction to the typical voting population unlike Palin was in particular.

He comes off professional and cordial reading him externally (not claiming that he is, lol.) Doesnt seem like he can give "distraction" like material.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

I dont see why Peatreus would be a a distraction to the typical voting population unlike Palin was in particular.

He comes off professional and cordial reading him externally (not claiming that he is, lol.) Doesnt seem like he can give "distraction" like material.
    I mean that this was "leaked" to divert from someone else...namely Ryan

9. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I mean that this was "leaked" to divert from someone else...namely Ryan
    Understood now, let me finish my coffee, lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Condi Rice talk recently was just to change the narrative for Romney. She has no chance of being the pick. Pro immigration and pro choice, two issues that Mitt had to dive far right in the primary on flip flopping from earlier positions. She moves the discussion from the economy to social issues and back to the failed Bush years. If the debate becomes about these things it's a huge plus for Obama because it keeps everyone talking against the one thing Romney needs the election to be on which is the economy.

Honestly it's laughable to me that people are taking the "trial balloon" of her seriously. Seriously how awkward was it for Romney to get endorsed by Cheney alone? Gee thanks, here's an endorsement from someone with the same approval rating as Ted Bundy! Do they really want to replay the Bush years?

Everything about his campaign has been don't shake the tree too hard and play it safe. I think it's one of your top 3.
    Lol!

11. It seems that Ryan is really shooting up the list. He is really a risky pick based on the medicare issue with his economic plan, but he is certainly a focus on economic issues.

Thoughts on a Romney/Ryan ticket

12. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    It seems that Ryan is really shooting up the list. He is really a risky pick based on the medicare issue with his economic plan, but he is certainly a focus on economic issues.

Thoughts on a Romney/Ryan ticket
    Paul Ryan made that big presentation on repealing Obamacare. Romney made that speech (yesterday?) where he will repeal Obamacare (silly name, lol) from day 1 so they seem to be a match made in heaven on this....except Obamacare is a copy of Romneycare so none of this makes any sense (well to me it does.)

13. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

Paul Ryan made that big presentation on repealing Obamacare. Romney made that speech (yesterday?) where he will repeal Obamacare (silly name, lol) from day 1 so they seem to be a match made in heaven on this....except Obamacare is a copy of Romneycare so none of this makes any sense (well to me it does.)
    I am starting to think it will be Ryan or we could see a palinesque surprise.

14. Quote Originally Posted by AE14

I am starting to think it will be Ryan or we could see a palinesque surprise.
    I hope it's not ryan, for the fact that the vice presidency would make him useless beyond the election and right now he's the strong fiscal conservative sitting as the chair of the house budget committee...

left, right, up or down, doesn't matter where you stand we need some fiscal conservatism as a country

15. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    I hope it's not ryan, for the fact that the vice presidency would make him useless beyond the election and right now he's the strong fiscal conservative sitting as the chair of the house budget committee...

left, right, up or down, doesn't matter where you stand we need some fiscal conservatism as a country
    It's just a shame that neither side wants to touch the biggest piece of the pie and cut our bloated defense budget. Lord knows failing to consistently bomb brown people is not supporting our troops!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

16. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    It's just a shame that neither side wants to touch the biggest piece of the pie and cut our bloated defense budget. Lord knows failing to consistently bomb brown people is not supporting our troops!
    Not just avoid cutting it, but they want to increase it.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Well played.

18. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

Not just avoid cutting it, but they want to increase it.
    That is they Ryan plan in a nut shell

19. Well the selection is in and it is Ryan. I actually think this is a good pick, and might turn the topic to the economy (for a day). I dont know if it forces my vote, but Gary Johnson might be a good option as well.

Hey Ax, I guess your earlier post (from infowars) that Bilderberger picked Rubio was off. Man, AJ and his crew are slipping

20. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Well the selection is in and it is Ryan. I actually think this is a good pick, and might turn the topic to the economy (for a day). I dont know if it forces my vote, but Gary Johnson might be a good option as well.

Hey Ax, I guess your earlier post (from infowars) that Bilderberger picked Rubio was off. Man, AJ and his crew are slipping
    That was just speculative reporting, no genie ball involved its ok, lol. My personal guess was Betr...I meant Peatreus.

Now we get to look at 4th grade level Presidential and VP debates, whoopie!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

That was just speculative reporting, no genie ball involved its ok, lol. My personal guess was Betr...I meant Peatreus.

Now we get to look at 4th grade level Presidential and VP debates, whoopie!!
    No crystal ball? I love infowars

I do agree that we're going to see further low level debates. I will say that some of the recent ads on both sides have taken this to a new low. Very pathetic

22. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    No crystal ball? I love infowars

I do agree that we're going to see further low level debates. I will say that some of the recent ads on both sides have taken this to a new low. Very pathetic
    I remember last time around Palin started by stating she isnt going to answer the questions or conform to the debate (not in those words) she just said she was "going to speak to the American people," and people still thought she won the debate. I have no hope for many, lol

23. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

I remember last time around Palin started by stating she isnt going to answer the questions or conform to the debate (not in those words) she just said she was "going to speak to the American people," and people still thought she won the debate. I have no hope for many, lol
    I do like the Ryan pick better than the Palin pick. I think he will be fine and I look forward to Ryan v. Biden in October. That said, the majority of the country won't even. Other to look at issues. They vote who they like. Noting more as GWB was a prime example.

24. What's funny to me is the fact that the GOP establishment criticized Sarah Palin as a pick for VP due to inexperience ...

She had been ... Governor, Energy Commissioner of Alaska, and a Mayor for two terms. All of those are executive experience. I'll admit - it's pretty minimum when you consider that Alaska is about the smallest state in the union populationwise.

Dick Cheney even said in an interview the other day that he though Palin didn't have enough experience for the VP and he thought her selection was a mistake.

Now along comes Ryan ... let's sum up his executive experience ...

It doesn't exist. In fact, his ONLY experience outside government is working as a personal trainer and a waiter.

What's Dick Cheney got to say about this? Not that anyone really cares mind you! :P

What's Paul Ryan know about foreign policy?

"Hey, you can SEE Canada from Wisconsin you know!"

LMFAO

25. "Fiscal conservative" voted for auto bailout and TARP.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

26. Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65
    What's funny to me is the fact that the GOP establishment criticized Sarah Palin as a pick for VP due to inexperience ...

She had been ... Governor, Energy Commissioner of Alaska, and a Mayor for two terms. All of those are executive experience. I'll admit - it's pretty minimum when you consider that Alaska is about the smallest state in the union populationwise.

Dick Cheney even said in an interview the other day that he though Palin didn't have enough experience for the VP and he thought her selection was a mistake.

Now along comes Ryan ... let's sum up his executive experience ...

It doesn't exist. In fact, his ONLY experience outside government is working as a personal trainer and a waiter.

What's Dick Cheney got to say about this? Not that anyone really cares mind you! :P

What's Paul Ryan know about foreign policy?

"Hey, you can SEE Canada from Wisconsin you know!"

LMFAO
    Just curious..... Obama's experience?

27. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Just curious..... Obama's experience?
    He's been President for 4 years man
    EvoMuse Products Rep

28. Should have picked Rubio IMO
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

29. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce

He's been President for 4 years man
    Oh I forgot. He also had vast experience prior to that.

30. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Oh I forgot. He also had vast experience prior to that.
    His family rich in CIA history taught him well, including that serial killer step father of his.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why the left is scared to death of McCain's running mate.
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
  2. which to run with Fina.... 4AD
    By lxorl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
  3. TeenBB.com Back Up & Running
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 11:05 PM
  4. attempting to run test prop or 4-ad inject