Obama

Page 3 of 24 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    I'm just bummed the choice comes down to Obama and Romney. I'm not exactly eager to give the Republicans another shot. After all a lot of what's made Obama bad is continuing already horrible policies from Bush 2. Romney has never been small government and he's talking a different tune now, but he's a typical "conservative." Run on small government and legislate like government has all the answers. He hasn't exactly been out talking about ending the failed drug war, rolling back the Patriot Act, decreasing the defense budget, dialing back the police state or anything that makes me think "freedom." Some of the biggest government acts of the past 30 years have come from "conservatives." I don't even know what that word means anymore.

    Seems a lot of people want to vote against Obama and I certainly get that, but do people actually think Mitt's going to be much better? Based on what exactly? It may be the coup of the century that a man who basically originated Obamacare gets voted in to replace it. And here's betting all those things conservatives used to be for (many of Obamacare's ideas were championed by previous conservatives) that said no way when it was Obama change their tune when it's Romney. It's going to be win win for the status quo no matter who comes out on top.
    To say I am cautiously optimistic about Romney is an understatement, but there's no way he can be worse than Obama.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    To say I am cautiously optimistic about Romney is an understatement, but there's no way he can be worse than Obama.
    Perhaps. But 4 years from now will it be "he/she" can't be worse than Romney? The two party system dominated by corporate interests is killing us. It's laughable to me that people see a huge difference between left and right. George W. Bush and Obama have been almost clones and Romney isn't exactly out saying he will change much. Oh he's barking, but specifics are light. Anyone can say they are going to cut government, cut the deficit (if you remember both GWB AND Obama said it), but when push comes to shove Obama didn't, Bush 2 and 1 didn't, Reagan didn't, etc.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Perhaps. But 4 years from now will it be "he/she" can't be worse than Romney? The two party system dominated by corporate interests is killing us. It's laughable to me that people see a huge difference between left and right. George W. Bush and Obama have been almost clones and Romney isn't exactly out saying he will change much. Oh he's barking, but specifics are light. Anyone can say they are going to cut government, cut the deficit (if you remember both GWB AND Obama said it), but when push comes to shove Obama didn't, Bush 2 and 1 didn't, Reagan didn't, etc.
    Have you ever seen Massachusetts unemployment % since the Romney administration began? It declined. Have you seen the unemployment rate for the US since Obama got in office? Above 8%. Obama has spent more than all the other Presidents combined. I, for one, have a lot of confidence in Mitt Romney and I think he would make a great President, but powerman2000 is completely correct. Even if Romney isn't a phenomenal President, anyone just about would be better than who we have now.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  4. The problem for those that don't want Obama, yet feel Romney is no different, is there is no one else when in the game. Im sure Gary Johnson would be great for the job, but he doesn't have a chance in bell of winning. Period, end of story. Folks say the best we can hope for is taking the Senate in order to slow sown Obama. But the problem is there is already gridlock and nothing getting done in Congress now. Obama has made Congress irrelevant already by using his czars to make regulations to do everything he wants. Look at the EPA destroying energy companies, even after a court ruled the moratorium on drilling was illegal. So the rolled back the moratorium, yet the EPA refuses to grant new permits through regulation.

    So its about more than just Romney signing Romneycare. The difference was as be has said, states' rights vs federal over reaching. The states have the right to do what they want. Look at California. $16B in the hole, yet Brown is full steam ahead just like Obama. If you live there, you deserve it. Romney has said all along that the federal government mandating he healthcare issue is unconstitutional. But he states can do it if the people vote for it.
    Even if Romney is a big government guy, he is still nothing like Obama. Obama is way behind just big government. Obama is leaking national security details to the NY times. He has thrown allies under the bus in order to please dictators. He has compromised our security by giving secrets to Russia about missile defense. Hell he was recorder telling Medvedev that after his election he will be able to be more flexible. He is he'll bent on remaking America in his socialist image. At least Romney loves what America is about and what it stands for.

    If you don't want Obama again, don't waste your vote and our country by voting for someone that can't win.
    The purpose of the primaries is to get your guy on the ticket into the big dance. Just like March Madness, there is only 2 teams in the finals. You can't cheer foe a team that didn't make it. As far as I am concerned, Johnson being in the ticket has as much chance as Rosanne Barr does running for the green party.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Perhaps. But 4 years from now will it be "he/she" can't be worse than Romney?
    That remains to be seen.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Have you ever seen Massachusetts unemployment % since the Romney administration began? It declined. Have you seen the unemployment rate for the US since Obama got in office? Above 8%. Obama has spent more than all the other Presidents combined. I, for one, have a lot of confidence in Mitt Romney and I think he would make a great President, but powerman2000 is completely correct. Even if Romney isn't a phenomenal President, anyone just about would be better than who we have now.
    I would have rather had Hillary Clinton over Obama.

  7. I think Mitt Romney will do a fantastic job. Look at Massachusetts unemployment rate during the Romney administration. The fact that he is for natural resources alone means a few things - more jobs, lower electricity prices, lower fuel costs.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  8. If only Colin Powell would run for president....

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I think Mitt Romney will do a fantastic job. Look at Massachusetts unemployment rate during the Romney administration. The fact that he is for natural resources alone means a few things - more jobs, lower electricity prices, lower fuel costs.
    I believe he's capable, but will he do IT?

    Whereas Obama is completely incapable.
    •   
       


  10. Quote Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    I believe he's capable, but will he do IT?

    Whereas Obama is completely incapable.
    We can only judge his performance on what he has done, because only God knows what he will do. Either way, I agree with what you said earlier, anyone is better than Obama in the meantime.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  11. I think Romney could help the economy in the meantime...

    however the new world order/one world govt and currency is inevitable.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    I think Romney could help the economy in the meantime...

    however the new world order/one world govt and currency is inevitable.
    Not with a strong US president. Obama is the one who wants to give up our sovereign power to the nations.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    i still don't understand how obama has such a high approval rating... its pretty sickening
    I'm not racist individual whatsoever, however I feel some African Americans are on welfare and Obama is helping them out substantially. Even if you are no on welfare and just am low income, you get to go to college for free where I am already 33k deep in loans. And finally, other AA will vote for him because they are the same race. I think I heard somewhere AA, Hispanics and Mexicans now take up over half the population

  14. Quote Originally Posted by powerman2000
    Not with a strong US president. Obama is the one who wants to give up our sovereign power to the nations.
    the last strong US president to call out secret societies and the NWO was JFK...

    so yes, it's a matter of time

  15. Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2 View Post
    . I would prefer not to vote however that doesn't help me at all. Plus, the new healthcare policy scares me since I'm a nurse
    Not to derail but could you expand on this some? I'm very curious to see what people inside the healthcare system think The President's Healthcare.....whatchamacallit . ObamaCare for lack of a better term. If you don't want to post that's fine or take it to PMs if you want.

    Thanks.
    Training around a jacked up neck.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    I think Romney could help the economy in the meantime...

    however the new world order/one world govt and currency is inevitable.
    That whole Euro experiment is a flop so mebbe someone will learn a lesson from it. The big dog that is carrying everyone (Germany) is getting sick and tired of it. And, Germany like the US, has a big and growing illegal immigrant problem.
    Training around a jacked up neck.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2 View Post
    I'm not racist individual whatsoever, however I feel some African Americans are on welfare and Obama is helping them out substantially. Even if you are no on welfare and just am low income, you get to go to college for free where I am already 33k deep in loans. And finally, other AA will vote for him because they are the same race. I think I heard somewhere AA, Hispanics and Mexicans now take up over half the population
    He is all for illegal aliens. If someone crosses the US border illegally they get a job, drivers license, food stamps, health care, housing, childrens benefits, education and a tax free business for 7 years.

    There a lot of hard-working citizens that do not have health insurance, but if someone crosses the border and get hurt, they automatically get free healthcare. If the hard-working, tax-paying citizen gets hurt, he has to get his credit destroyed with hospital bills.

    This is what gets me upset. A person can come here illegally and get all the opportunity in the world, but there's no forgiveness for our citizens. Let me use two different examples.

    My cousin didn't do too well in school. He graduated with a less than 2.0 GPA. He's a smart kid, but he didn't take it seriously and was always "spoiled" as a kid. He got in college and flunked out. His GPA in college was actually less than a 1.0, but fast forward to today 5 years later. He had been working in the gas field and got laid off and really hates his job and he now has a family, he's been trying to get in a nursing program now that he has matured and straightened his life up and NOBODY will even consider him. I thought America was the land of opportunity, and because this kid didn't take school seriously 6 years ago there's no way he can now make a success out of himself or turn his life around? He is trying to better himself, and at only 23 years old they are telling him it's too late? All because of all those years ago his GPA was bad. He was never suspended, never expelled, never missed class, never done drugs, never even been arrested. He's a great kid and very respectful, but all because of some mistakes he made in school years ago, he has almost no hope at a good future? That's bull****, in my opinion.

    Lets look at option #2. Everyday there are people being arrested for crimes they didn't commit. Everyday there are people spending time in prison, over something they were framed and didn't do. With the way police force can be payed off these days, money can pretty much buy you anything when it comes to the US law. There are men with families being sentenced to prison, and getting out with felonies on their records over something they didn't even do and guess what? When he's out, he pretty much has no future. Nobody is ever going to give this man a chance because they automatically assume he is trouble.

    I don't think it's ever too late to turn your life around, but America does. America will give jobs, benefits and education to people that has never paid into the federal government, but people that make 1 wrong move in their lives are doomed forever. I've been working with my young cousin and teaching him things about the human body and he's learning so quick. I think he would make a great healthcare professional. He wants to become an RN like me. He can now name me every major muscle and bone in the human body and name their function and the degree of movement they can make, as well as what plane those movements are performed in.

    To beat it all, his parents are willing to pay for his education out of pocket without a dime of financial aid. I also said I would help him with his schooling. He has a wife and a little girl relying on him at home, but colleges won't even consider him into their nursing program. He's tried community colleges, LPN programs at vocational schools, and all because of mistakes he made nearly a decade ago, this kid will be deprived of a future.

    I think things like this should be paid more attention to by the world, but unfortunately, it isn't.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  18. Quote Originally Posted by specmike
    That whole Euro experiment is a flop so mebbe someone will learn a lesson from it. The big dog that is carrying everyone (Germany) is getting sick and tired of it. And, Germany like the US, has a big and growing illegal immigrant problem.
    you're still thinking in terms of sovereign nations though.

    it's all made to collapse.

    most of the elite have openly said they have to get rid of nations and establish a one world OPEN SOCIETY...and a one world currency.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Not to derail but could you expand on this some? I'm very curious to see what people inside the healthcare system think The President's Healthcare.....whatchamacallit . ObamaCare for lack of a better term. If you don't want to post that's fine or take it to PMs if you want.

    Thanks.
    I'm also a nurse. ObamaCare is basically a death sentence for the elderly. Medicaid will no longer pay for things like dialysis, which is needed for patients with kidney failure, which basically means if your kidneys fail and you're not rich, Obama is sentencing you to death. In a short paragraph, it's just basically Obamas way of saying "if you don't have the money, you're out of time".
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I think Mitt Romney will do a fantastic job. Look at Massachusetts unemployment rate during the Romney administration. The fact that he is for natural resources alone means a few things - more jobs, lower electricity prices, lower fuel costs.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...UQXV_blog.html (perspective)

  21. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I'm also a nurse. ObamaCare is basically a death sentence for the elderly. Medicaid will no longer pay for things like dialysis, which is needed for patients with kidney failure, which basically means if your kidneys fail and you're not rich, Obama is sentencing you to death. In a short paragraph, it's just basically Obamas way of saying "if you don't have the money, you're out of time".
    Specifically, which part of his healthcare bill speaks to the statement above?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Of course, another persuasively written liberal article.

    If you ask me, all that article says is that Romney did more in 1 month than Obama has done in the 4 years he's been President.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Of course, another persuasively written liberal article.

    If you ask me, all that article says is that Romney did more in 1 month than Obama has done in the 4 years he's been President.
    You're right. It's one huge conspiracy. Washington Post is in on it.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    You're right. It's one huge conspiracy. Washington Post is in on it.
    Of course there's no conspiracy, there just managed to be tons of dead people vote for Obama in 2008.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  25. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Of course there's no conspiracy, there just managed to be tons of dead people vote for Obama in 2008.
    Right

    By the way, you saw what I asked you above? Provide a response to that if you can. "Specifically, which part of his healthcare bill speaks to the statement above?"

  26. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Right

    By the way, you saw what I asked you above? Provide a response to that if you can. "Specifically, which part of his healthcare bill speaks to the statement above?"
    Oh boy, I'll enjoy this one. I live nowhere from this.

    "I had one of the most troubling, most disturbing conversations ever with Dr. Suzanne Allen, head of emergency services at the Johnson City Medical Center in Tennessee. We were discussing the "future" and I asked her had she seen an affects of Obama Care in her work?

    "Oh, yes. We are seeing cutbacks throughout the services we provide. For example, we are now having to deal with patients who would normally receive dialysis can no longer be accepted. In the past, there was always automatic approval under M edicare for anyone who needed dialysis -- not anymore." So, what will be their outcome? "They will die soon without dialysis," she stated.

    What about other services? She indicated as of 2013 (after the election), no one over 75 will be given major medical procedures unless approved by locally administered Ethics Panels. These Panels will determine whether a patient receives medical treatment or not. W hile details on specific operating procedures and schedules, Dr. Allen points out that most life-threatening emergencies do not occur during normal hospital business hours, and if there are emergencies that depend to be resolve within minutes or just few hours, the likely hood of getting these Panels approval in time to save a life are going to be very challenging and difficult, if not impossible she said.

    This applies to major operations such as receiving stents, bypass surgery, kidney operations, or treating for an aneurysm that would be normally covered under M edicare today. In other words, if you needed a life-saving operation, M edicare will not provide coverage anymore after 2013 if you are 75 or over. W hen in 2013? " W e haven't been given a specific date -- could be in January or July….but it's after the election."
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  27. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    Oh boy, I'll enjoy this one. I live nowhere from this.

    "I had one of the most troubling, most disturbing conversations ever with Dr. Suzanne Allen, head of emergency services at the Johnson City Medical Center in Tennessee. We were discussing the "future" and I asked her had she seen an affects of Obama Care in her work?

    "Oh, yes. We are seeing cutbacks throughout the services we provide. For example, we are now having to deal with patients who would normally receive dialysis can no longer be accepted. In the past, there was always automatic approval under M edicare for anyone who needed dialysis -- not anymore." So, what will be their outcome? "They will die soon without dialysis," she stated.

    What about other services? She indicated as of 2013 (after the election), no one over 75 will be given major medical procedures unless approved by locally administered Ethics Panels. These Panels will determine whether a patient receives medical treatment or not. W hile details on specific operating procedures and schedules, Dr. Allen points out that most life-threatening emergencies do not occur during normal hospital business hours, and if there are emergencies that depend to be resolve within minutes or just few hours, the likely hood of getting these Panels approval in time to save a life are going to be very challenging and difficult, if not impossible she said.

    This applies to major operations such as receiving stents, bypass surgery, kidney operations, or treating for an aneurysm that would be normally covered under M edicare today. In other words, if you needed a life-saving operation, M edicare will not provide coverage anymore after 2013 if you are 75 or over. W hen in 2013? " W e haven't been given a specific date -- could be in January or July….but it's after the election."

    I'm asking you to tie those statements, to a specific part of the bill? Are you just referencing a "conversation" you had, or copy pasted an exchange from what source? Again, specifically what part of the bill addresses those concerns expressed in the statements above?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I'm asking you to tie those statements, to a specific part of the bill? Are you just referencing a "conversation" you had, or copy pasted an exchange from what source? Again, specifically what part of the bill speaks addresses those concerns expressed in the statements above?
    http://www.fortwayne912.com/uploads/...rtWayne912.pdf

    Have a read at that.

    This was highlighted in the link.

     Under the new Obama health plan, your physician is required to enter all information for each patient, including all treatments, into a government electronic database. Doctors are then instructed on what the government deems to be cost effective and appropriate care. This is true for EVERYONE, even if you have private insurance. Doctors must comply with the regulations imposed by Obamacare or face government penalty. There will be no privacy of your medical concerns between you and your doctor, since the government will monitor all medical interactions.

     How will you be able to trust that your doctor's recommendations for your health treatments are the same as they would have been if your doctor were not compelled by law to provide only the treatments that the government deems "cost effective and appropriate?"

    "Obamacare allows the government complete access to all your private records, including banking records, and gives them authority to provide this information to third parties at the discretion of the HHS Secretary. This is allowed in the name of "helping you" by making sure you know of all the programs for which you might be eligible. The government claims they need access to all of your private information in order to "help determine your eligibility for additional programs."

     Obamacare provisions are largely exempted from Chapter 35 of Title 44 U.S. Code, which is privacy law. Why do they need exemption from privacy law? See Section 3021, 124 Stat. 394.

     Obamacare provisions are largely exempted from judicial review, and therefore, no legal recourse for disagreement. Why do they need to block Americans from bringing lawsuits on these provisions? See Section 3021, 124 Stat. 394.
    SEC. 3021. HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENROLLMENT STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS.

    (a) In General- (1) STANDARDS AND PROTOCOLS- Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this title, the Secretary, in consultation with the HIT Policy Committee and the HIT Standards Committee, shall develop interoperable and secure standards and protocols that facilitate enrollment of individuals in Federal and State health and human services programs, as determined by the Secretary.

    (2) METHODS- The Secretary shall facilitate enrollment in such programs through methods determined appropriate by the Secretary, which shall include providing individuals and third parties authorized by such individuals and their designees notification of eligibility and verification of eligibility required under such programs.

    (b) Content- The standards and protocols for electronic enrollment in the Federal and State programs described in subsection (a) shall allow for the following: (1) Electronic matching against existing Federal and State data, including vital records, employment history, enrollment systems, tax records, and other data determined appropriate.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  29. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    the last strong US president to call out secret societies and the NWO was JFK...

    so yes, it's a matter of time
    Perhaps, but it won't happen in your life time.
    I'd rather be driving my Chevelle.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Obama Win!!!
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Something obama is doing I can get behind
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. A Conservative for Obama
    By BodyWizard in forum Politics
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 12:17 PM
  4. Obama Oil Windfall Tax
    By DAdams91982 in forum Politics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 01:03 AM
  5. Obama won...
    By RenegadeRows in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Log in
Log in