Obama

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it will be extremely close. I also think it doesn't really matter. Romney and Obama will largely pursue the same type of policies with slightly different flavors. Both will explode the deficit, both will be ready to bomb brown people, both will increase "security" (decrease civil rights) because of the fear of terror.

Until this country gets a legitimate third party we are pretty much screwed. The two in power rotate it back and forth. We get mad at Democrats and hire Republicans, then we get mad at them and hire Democrats. The extremely wealthy control both parties and bend them to their will.

Football12

Football12

Awards
I think it will be extremely close. I also think it doesn't really matter. Romney and Obama will largely pursue the same type of policies with slightly different flavors. Both will explode the deficit, both will be ready to bomb brown people, both will increase "security" (decrease civil rights) because of the fear of terror.

Until this country gets a legitimate third party we are pretty much screwed. The two in power rotate it back and forth. We get mad at Democrats and hire Republicans, then we get mad at them and hire Democrats. The extremely wealthy control both parties and bend them to their will.
So Geoforce you don't think Romney would be at least be a better choice than Obama?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So Geoforce you don't think Romney would be at least be a better choice than Obama?
I don't know. Look at the differences between Obama and GWB. Not a whole lot of them. I suppose it depends on how much BS Romney is currently selling that you're buying. You're talking about a guy who has flip flopped so often it's hard to keep track of what he originally thought. Republicans constantly run on small government, but would you call Bush small government? Heck Reagan exploded the deficit and he's supposed to be some conservative god! Make no mistake about it Republicans desire to control your life and force their beliefs on you just like Democrats do.

It's probably a little akin to wondering if you'd rather die by rats eating you alive or pigs eating you alive. One might be slightly better than the other, but I'm pretty sure the overall experience is the same.

Football12

Football12

Awards
Good points, thanks for your input, if not romney or obama who do you think would be a good president for this country and why? (Just curious)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good points, thanks for your input, if not romney or obama who do you think would be a good president for this country and why? (Just curious)
Well it WILL be one of those two. I don't know who would be a good president for this country though I admit I like a lot of the things Ron Paul says.

Personally I want someone who keeps my taxes relatively low and stays out of my business and the business of bombing civilians overseas. I want someone who won't force their religion or morals on me and lets me do what I want as long as I'm not harming others. Sounds a lot like freedom I guess ;)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obama will be elected 100% guaranteed.

My reason is that Romney is his clone and there is no significant difference between the two. Both are funded by the same people. Regardless who wins the same path of war mongering, police state, big bank/corporations evil policies will continue.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
It's hard for me to decide on this topic because I'm not a Romney fan. Nor an Obama fan. I wanted Herman Cain and he dropped out cuz ex gfs exploits him. I liked I liked the catholic guy who jus dropped out (with the disabled child, name completely slips my mind). But then he dropped out. I would prefer not to vote however that doesn't help me at all. Plus, the new healthcare policy scares me since I'm a nurse

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's hard for me to decide on this topic because I'm not a Romney fan. Nor an Obama fan. I wanted Herman Cain and he dropped out cuz ex gfs exploits him. I liked I liked the catholic guy who jus dropped out (with the disabled child, name completely slips my mind). But then he dropped out. I would prefer not to vote however that doesn't help me at all. Plus, the new healthcare policy scares me since I'm a nurse
You're thinking Rick Santorum. Politics is a funny thing, he scared me more than any of them...but I'm not a religious guy.

In much more important news how can you have such an awesome screen name and not have an avatar of koko?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it WILL be one of those two. I don't know who would be a good president for this country though I admit I like a lot of the things Ron Paul says.

Personally I want someone who keeps my taxes relatively low and stays out of my business and the business of bombing civilians overseas. I want someone who won't force their religion or morals on me and lets me do what I want as long as I'm not harming others. Sounds a lot like freedom I guess ;)
I'm with you on Ron Paul.

10/4 on the freedom thing! It used to be that way - where we could do whatever we wanted so long as we didn't harm anyone else in the process. "love you neighbor as yourself". Such a simple way of life it was...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
romney is slightly more likely to be pro-growth, also he is nowhere near the politician / marketer of himself that Obama is.

That combination is marginally better, as he's a little less likely to fool as many people as Obama does, and a little more likely to create a little more growth.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
romney is slightly more likely to be pro-growth, also he is nowhere near the politician / marketer of himself that Obama is.

That combination is marginally better, as he's a little less likely to fool as many people as Obama does, and a little more likely to create a little more growth.
I agree. His agenda might be the same but his policies would work out to be a better economical situation for the country. His approach is more palatable to me personally.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. His agenda might be the same but his policies would work out to be a better economical situation for the country. His approach is more palatable to me personally.
i'm not sure its enough to make much difference, the lack of marketing ability is more of a plus to me.

I am completely 100% totally tired of Obama's ability to do something 180 degrees from what he says he will do, get no major media flack for it, then reiterate his original position and have people buy it. Its insane that anyone believes a word he says. I'd prefer Romney for that reason as he won't get that free pass :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I have no big hopes for Mitt, but obviously no big hopes for Obama either. In all honesty I would prefer that the winner is the opposite of the party who controls Congress. Control of the executive branch and control of the legislative branch doesn't work out well very often for the country. But I expect Mitt will basically be George W. Bush without the stupidity of screwing up the English language so often.

Although how the heck can anyone know what Mitt stands for? Are we getting the Mitt of 6 years ago or the Mitt of the Republican primary? They are almost polar opposites.

I can get excited for Obama leaving, but if Mitt is the replacement well I can't help but think it isn't much of an upgrade in the least bit. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although how the heck can anyone know what Mitt stands for? Are we getting the Mitt of 6 years ago or the Mitt of the Republican primary? They are almost polar opposites.
well, we don't know what Obama we'll be getting either, he even made the open mike statements "once I get re-elected, the gloves are off" so god only knows his plans

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no big hopes for Mitt, but obviously no big hopes for Obama either. In all honesty I would prefer that the winner is the opposite of the party who controls Congress. Control of the executive branch and control of the legislative branch doesn't work out well very often for the country. But I expect Mitt will basically be George W. Bush without the stupidity of screwing up the English language so often.

I can get excited for Obama leaving, but if Mitt is the replacement well I can't help but think it isn't much of an upgrade in the least bit. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
You know, I have to agree completely. I personally was worried that we'd receive a gridlock in Congress if Mitt gets in, trying to do things that opposes the Democratic way.

In all reality, I just want the Feds to go away. I want them to not exist in my daily, personal life. If they have a gridlock on every single issue or point, nothing happens in Congress. Meanwhile, the rest of the country goes about living without the would be additional regulations imposed on us. The way I see it - Congress needs to get nothing done because that means we can at least not have it any worse than it already is.

Everything they touch breaks these days..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Ron Paul and also like Herman Cain. No way I'll vote for Obama, but I don't really like Mitt either. I hate politics.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, we don't know what Obama we'll be getting either, he even made the open mike statements "once I get re-elected, the gloves are off" so god only knows his plans
Oh of course not and I'm not trying to argue we do. Honestly either of them in office makes me want to puke my guts out. We should expect our politicians not to do what they say, heck W ran on small government. Acting as if we have any clue on what either will do based on what they say is completely laughable.

I'm just a bit saddened that this should be an election where smaller government matters. We've had huge government and a lot of people seem not to like it. And the Republicans run the class of clowns to take on Obama and someone who has a history of governing via big government.

I just can't bring myself to hold my nose and vote for the guy. In the past I would have. I would rather vote for someone who doesn't have a chance in hell and feel good about my vote. Romney will carry my state big time anyways.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
You're thinking Rick Santorum. Politics is a funny thing, he scared me more than any of them...but I'm not a religious guy.

In much more important news how can you have such an awesome screen name and not have an avatar of koko?

image-956206542.jpg

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I say Obama loses. Look at his showings in recent democratic primaries, against "uncommitted" in one state, and barely beating a convicted felon that is currently in federal prison in WV. I say he loses the election, but something happens and he declares martial law and wont leave office. Or he does it and the election doesn't happen. Either way, he wont be re-elected, but wont give it up.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say Obama loses. Look at his showings in recent democratic primaries, against "uncommitted" in one state, and barely beating a convicted felon that is currently in federal prison in WV. I say he loses the election, but something happens and he declares martial law and wont leave office. Or he does it and the election doesn't happen. Either way, he wont be re-elected, but wont give it up.
Lol, this has no chance of happening. Absolutely zero.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where do you come up with this stuff? Is this really Mel Gibson?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
If he's in office for another 4 years, then God help us. As a healthcare professional I can tell you Obamacare is not only going to destroy small businesses but will be a death sentence for anyone over the age of 75. Medicaid will no longer pay for dyalisis and other treatments? So not being able to afford dyalisis will now be a death sentence? People that have been paying in taxes for 75 years will be sent home to die? No, that's not his decision. Another thing, I'm sure you've seen how he was all for cutting military benefits and pay, but at the same time he is all for giving healthcare to illegal aliens? So if someone crosses the border and gets hurt in America they are entitled to healthcare, but hard-working men and women that are here legally and work legally cannot? Also, this country depends on its natural resources. Cutting jobs in the gas, oil and goal industry is NOT going to create jobs it will DESTROY them. We need our natural resources and if he doesn't understand that it's just another reason that supports he's in the wrong line of work. ROMNEY all the way for me.

That's because he's trying to put nearly the entire state of West Virginia on the unemployment list. I have family in West Virginia and 90% of the employment in that state revolves around coal. Not to mention 50% of our nations electricity is from coal. He doesn't understand how many people he's going to put on the unemployment list by shutting down coal companies or how much the prices of electricity and steel will incline after he does manage to do that.

He's wanting to put natural gas and oil away too. There are tons of oil rigs here in Tennessee and infact, my neighbor works on one of them. The future of he and his children pretty much depend on whether or not Obama is re-elected. His job that he has done for 8 years will be gone and his usual $7,000 a month salary will go to a much smaller salary.

We've done just fine the past 100 years, I say Obama can keep his change.

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
Romney 52%
Obama 48%

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i still don't understand how obama has such a high approval rating... its pretty sickening
Think of consumer goods...such as cars. Lets take Ford for example...with such a terrible history in recent years, with proper financing of marketing and advertising people still go out and buy them.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Romney 52%
Obama 48%
So Romney is currently in the lead?

And Obama has a high amount of % voting for him, because in a crowded room if you don't vote for him you are automatically considered a racist. The other day I had someone accuse me of being racist and it was anti-American of me to not vote for Obama. My response was "do you see that USMC sign on my truck?" He said "yeah". I said "I spent 7 months in Afghanistan, so am I still being anti-American?" I think that usually shuts people like that up for me anyway but there is a nurse at the hospital that accuses everyone of being racist because they aren't voting for Obama. It's a shame.

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
Think of consumer goods...such as cars. Lets take Ford for example...with such a terrible history in recent years, with proper financing of marketing and advertising people still go out and buy them.
What the hell are you talking about?

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
So Romney is currently in the lead?

And Obama has a high amount of % voting for him, because in a crowded room if you don't vote for him you are automatically considered a racist. The other day I had someone accuse me of being racist and it was anti-American of me to not vote for Obama. My response was "do you see that USMC sign on my truck?" He said "yeah". I said "I spent 7 months in Afghanistan, so am I still being anti-American?" I think that usually shuts people like that up for me anyway but there is a nurse at the hospital that accuses everyone of being racist because they aren't voting for Obama. It's a shame.
These people play the race card because they have nothing else to use to persuade people that Obama deserves our votes.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the hell are you talking about?
The American people through the media, internet and television are sold on the presidential candidates. It has nothing to do with who is most qualified or giving people real choices. People (most) in the end will vote for crap and choose between coke and pepsi.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
These people play the race card because they have nothing else to use to persuade people that Obama deserves our votes.
You are exactly right about that.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I thought gm was worse then ford??
Lets not forget Ford was the only one between Dodge and Chevy that didn't file bankruptcy. Personally, I switched to a Chevy Silverado about a month ago and I just spent an hour at a dealership today wanting to trade it in for a Ford F150. I think Ford is dominating the competition right now, JMO.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought gm was worse then ford??
Exactly...typical voting is based on what you think may not be as bad as the other. One brand is slightly better and it gives you that false sense of hope.

dallasboy22

dallasboy22

Awards
  • Established
Here is how democrats get votes:

1.) circle jerk with the unions. This is criminal racketeering.
2.) yell racism.
3.) play class warfare.
4.) guberment handouts (50% of people pay no fed taxes!)
5.) get illegals to vote.

This is all for the elitist lefties power to force control over everyone. Odumbo is their king.

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
Lets not forget Ford was the only one between Dodge and Chevy that didn't file bankruptcy. Personally, I switched to a Chevy Silverado about a month ago and I just spent an hour at a dealership today wanting to trade it in for a Ford F150. I think Ford is dominating the competition right now, JMO.
None of that actually has anything to do with the quality of GM, Ford or Chrysler products.
They are all very well built cars and to use them in the example as was done earlier is totally unfair.

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
This thread is strong with conservatives.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of that actually has anything to do with the quality of GM, Ford or Chrysler products.
They are all very well built cars and to use them in the example as was done earlier is totally unfair.
Some are built well, but all in all the past 30 years they have been a huge disappointment in the reliability department.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what you're saying, I was just stating that Ford was the only company that didn't file bankruptcy. I agree that GM, Ford and Dodge are all great vehicles. People have their preference and they know they prefer why. My high school graduation present was a Dodge Ram 1500 and to this day it was the best truck I've ever had, but I'm not a big dodge man. My wife had a Ford Focus up until a couple of weeks and we loved it, but my dads Silverado 2500 is probably the strongest truck I've ever drove. It's all in your preference, but I do prefer Fords.

I am conservative to say the least, in most ways anyway. I don't agree with every single thing that either party says, but I agree more with conservative views than liberal.

powerman2000

powerman2000

Awards
Really, you are actually going to use a span of years as long as 30 to judge the last few years as you did in your earlier post?

ALL auto makers have made huge strides in improving their cars in the last 10 years. They all sucked in the 1970 and 1980s, and now they are all very well built.

Your opinion, I believe is not based on anything tangible or concrete.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Edit: Post wasn't to me.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really, you are actually going to use a span of years as long as 30 to judge the last few years as you did in your earlier post?

ALL auto makers have made huge strides in improving their cars in the last 10 years. They all sucked in the 1970 and 1980s, and now they are all very well built.

Your opinion, I believe is not based on anything tangible or concrete.
Well, Id say your right and Im wrong. I do believe all in all American cars have improved. The 80's and was the worst imo. Chrystler has been a nightmare as of recent. I still dont think they are to the standards of companies such as Honda and Toyota, but there are good American options these days.

I do own an American car by the way, but I do my research and make sure I have a better than average one.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
He was talking to me, lol
Yeah, I just went back and re-read that and saw he was talking to you. I didn't see your posts before and I thought he and I were the only ones participating in a discussion about automobiles until I saw you were too. My bad. I edited my post. :p

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just bummed the choice comes down to Obama and Romney. I'm not exactly eager to give the Republicans another shot. After all a lot of what's made Obama bad is continuing already horrible policies from Bush 2. Romney has never been small government and he's talking a different tune now, but he's a typical "conservative." Run on small government and legislate like government has all the answers. He hasn't exactly been out talking about ending the failed drug war, rolling back the Patriot Act, decreasing the defense budget, dialing back the police state or anything that makes me think "freedom." Some of the biggest government acts of the past 30 years have come from "conservatives." I don't even know what that word means anymore.

Seems a lot of people want to vote against Obama and I certainly get that, but do people actually think Mitt's going to be much better? Based on what exactly? It may be the coup of the century that a man who basically originated Obamacare gets voted in to replace it. And here's betting all those things conservatives used to be for (many of Obamacare's ideas were championed by previous conservatives) that said no way when it was Obama change their tune when it's Romney. It's going to be win win for the status quo no matter who comes out on top.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just bummed the choice comes down to Obama and Romney.
There are other choices, other options such as this http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ ...Im investigating him not saying Im voting for him as of yet.

The sad sad fact is, the way the corporations run the government, only the Republicrats will win but people can vote for non-republicrats. We can really blame people as much as I blame the illegal crooks running everything. It seems like majority of society loves endless wars, police state, having their money stolen as well as deflated, etc....

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Why are you all smashing down on conservatives? Look what your liberal has done in the past 4 years, absolutely nothing. I'd rather have a conservative President any day of the week. At least they're not baby murderers and actually believe in working for a living.

I happen to think Mitt Romney would be a very good choice, considering he is for oil, gas and coal operations which are the countries natural resources and not only requires less spending, opens more jobs, but also makes things like electricity and fuel costs much cheaper. Take a look at the Massachusetts unemployment rate during the Romney administration, it dropped from 5.6 to 4.7%. Want to know Obamas unemployment record? It's over 8%. I think the choice is obvious.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you all smashing down on conservatives? Look what your liberal has done in the past 4 years, absolutely nothing. I'd rather have a conservative President any day of the week. At least they're not baby murderers and actually believe in working for a living.

I happen to think Mitt Romney would be a very good choice, considering he is for oil, gas and coal operations which are the countries natural resources and not only requires less spending, opens more jobs, but also makes things like electricity and fuel costs much cheaper. Take a look at the Massachusetts unemployment rate during the Romney administration, it dropped from 5.6 to 4.7%. Want to know Obamas unemployment record? It's over 8%. I think the choice is obvious.
All parties and groups get infiltrated by mega-corporations. We need to abolish political parties. All you end up with is blind votes...conservatives to to the voting booth and hit all the blueswitches, and liberals go to the booth and just trigger all the red switches. Its really a silly process, people think they are voting for something different when both are being funded by the same people (such as Goldman Sacchs for example funds both Romney and Obama.)

When we go to the voting booth, there shouldnt be any tags of gang symbols because thats what they all are, or eventually become.