Uganda, a stand against homosexuality? Death penalty introduced.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You cannot. The mere act of banning/punishing violates basic human rights. This is what you don't get.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Why is there an assumption that homosexuality is a basic human right, yet polygamy isn't?
    ^this.

"Human Rights" are decided by the current people in power. It has changed alot, and will change many more times. Going back and forth indefinitely till the world eventually nukes itself or we all die of a super-bacteria. Who knows.

Homosexualty was viewed as a mental disease for a couple oh I dont know....thousand years?(probably more). During this time its been labeled demons, its been labeled mental disease, its been labeled everything.

The one thing it doesn't do though, is in no way shape or form, bring anything beneficial to society. Only division and confusion.

America has taking a really weird twisted view on homosexuality that most of the world does not agree with.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Name one "pure" race.

Mitochondrial DNA would like a word with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'd like to hear of a pure race, too. I'd also like to know what corruptions take place when this happens.
    You guys surely don't have to agree with me, it is simply how I feel. My morals are different than yours. Does not make you or I the better person. For every ten people who feel the way you do, there's ten people who feel the way that I do. However, I can respect your stance on the issue.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    An agreement between two individuals versus an agreement between multiple individuals?

Personally government should get out of the marriage/morality business. If people want to forge some kind of contract, then contract law should be the only application there.
    I honestly never had a problem with Gay's doing civil unions or whatever it is. But marriage is something that did not come from the secular world, and is trampled on enough let alone letting something that is against the very laws that created our view of marriage step on it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    But the question I asked is can someone provide a better way for Uganda to go about their beliefs of banning homosexuality, while still keeping within standards of right and wrong on a worldwide scale.
    I do not believe you can ban it without violating human rights. Additionally, right or wrong are very subjective concepts and evidently the view of them by the Ugandan government is different from that which I hold.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I admitted death may not be the best policy...
    Oh... well, you've matured tremendously then. ((sarcasm))

For an admitted virgin, you sure have a lot of opinions about sexuality. Seriously, you should stick to bitching about not having medical insurance, because without a shred of life experience... which you clearly lack... you come off as a simpleton.

Quit kidding yourself by asserting that there is anything intellectual about your posts or this thread. There isn't. I showed this thread to a staff of educators at lunch today and they all just rolled their eyes, and a few made gagging noises. The most conservative Christian I know commented that you sound naive and uneducated.

Oh, and since you had the audacity to neg me because you were so offended by my trolling... the Prince gif was an attempt to add humor to an otherwise disgraceful thread. And yes... he was looking at you.

You nauseate me.
    RTR.
    •   

6. I just wanted more depth to your opinion on why you feel that way but you are more than entitled not to provide it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    You guys surely don't have to agree with me, it is simply how I feel. My morals are different than yours. Does not make you or I the better person. For every ten people who feel the way you do, there's ten people who feel the way that I do. However, I can respect your stance on the issue.
    You weren't expressing a feeling, you were stating a conclusion based upon the premise that there is such as a thing as a "pure" race.

You were asked to support your premise, that is all, by showing us an example of "pure" race.

There exists no such thing.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

8. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    America has taking a really weird twisted view on homosexuality that most of the world does not agree with.
    And you know this through you extensive World travels? Or are you basing your point of view around some articles from Wiki and other binary mediums? You have no clue what is truly going on in this world beyond your parent’s walls. Grow up, kid.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    And you know this through you extensive World travels? Or are you basing your point of view around some articles from Wiki and other binary mediums? You have no clue what is truly going on in this world beyond your parent’s walls. Grow up, kid.
    Actually that happens to be one small piece he is actually right on mathematically. Remember that half the population of the globe is between india, china and pakistan.... Add the rest of the muslims, and there are far more people living in countries that don't recognize homosexuality as normal than people living in countries that do. Again doesn't make it right or wrong on either side as the majority believed the world was flat as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Actually that happens to be one small piece he is actually right on mathematically. Remember that half the population of the globe is between india, china and pakistan.... Add the rest of the muslims, and there are far more people living in countries that don't recognize homosexuality as normal than people living in countries that do. Again doesn't make it right or wrong on either side as the majority believed the world was flat as well.
    No, my questioning was the, "America {…} weird twisted norm." That is almost as puzzling and never-ending as to argue what, "normal," actually means. It's a paradox.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    No, my questioning was the, "America {…} weird twisted norm." That is almost as puzzling and never-ending as to argue what, "normal," actually means. It's a paradox.
    Ah yeah, well what is normal is always tinted by our own glasses

12. Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    Two cardiologists were arguing about what they saw in the mirror. After much gesticulating and back and forth, they decided it was just a paradox.

13. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Two cardiologists were arguing about what they saw in the mirror. After much gesticulating and back and forth, they decided it was just a paradox.
    Whoa, that's deep!

14. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You weren't expressing a feeling, you were stating a conclusion based upon the premise that there is such as a thing as a "pure" race.

You were asked to support your premise, that is all, by showing us an example of "pure" race.

There exists no such thing.
    By telling you that I don't approve of interracial couples is not expressing how I feel? Interesting.

I did not make mention of a "pure" gene pool. In fact, I agreed that there is no "pure" gene pool. I just do not like the further contamination of it. (page 2 if you need to cite the info)

You can try and get all scientific, throwing all sorts of propaganda at me. But like I mentioned before, it's more of a morals thing with me. Sorry you don't like how I -dare I say- feel.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    By telling you that I don't approve of interracial couples is not expressing how I feel? Interesting.

I did not make mention of a "pure" gene pool. In fact, I agreed that there is no "pure" gene pool. I just do not like the further contamination of it. (page 2 if you need to cite the info)

You can try and get all scientific, throwing all sorts of propaganda at me. But like I mentioned before, it's more of a morals thing with me. Sorry you don't like how I -dare I say- feel.
    You cannot "corrupt" something that, definition, is simply what it is - a myriad of gene variations formed from a simple pool of DNA (mitochondrial and chromosomal). What exactly is it corrupted WITH?

16. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    What exactly is it corrupted WITH?
    Apple juice.

17. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You cannot "corrupt" something that, definition, is simply what it is - a myriad of gene variations formed from a simple pool of DNA (mitochondrial and chromosomal). What exactly is it corrupted WITH?
    I don't like it. I don't have to like it. I'm not going to like it. That's all there is to it.

18. Homosexuality has not been regarded as a "mental disease/disorder" for thousands of years; in fact, the emergence of the concept of disease as such, as well as the processes of hospitalization, proliferation of medical knowledge, sanitation, hygiene and so forth that both precipitated and contributed to the medicalized notion of disease are relatively new developments. Now, one could hypothetically posit that homosexuality has historically been regarded as abnormal, however, the archaeological records bears that to be untrue as well: it is only within the repressive sexuality of the Abrahamic religions that sexuality has been demonized, pathologies, and ascribed "Other" status. There is much evidence to the contrary that, in fact, homosexuality had largely been accepted throughout history, in various cultures, across various social strata, etc.

Whether or not these instances of historical instantiation make it "natural," per se, is highly debatable - and a topic, as a matter of fact, that has been partaken in on this very forum, and which I contributed a significant portion to. Nevertheless, and this contention notwithstanding, what is indisputable is that the demonization of homosexuality is not normal, in the capacity and context of normative behavior, in and throughout history. There have been epochés where it was largely regarded as acceptable and mundane behavior; epochés where it was treated as ceremonial behavior in the context of rights of passage, and; yes, epochés where it was demonized. This fact bears one thing to be true: appealing to homosexuality as "against" the "natural way" is simply fallacious reasoning, as the "natural way" alters as per the dynamic conventions of the time.

19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Why is there an assumption that homosexuality is a basic human right, yet polygamy isn't?

People have a basic human right to live and do with their lives as they please so long as it doesn't interfere with anothers right to do so. So both are basic human rights.

Polygamy gets a bad rap due to cases of young boys being shunned from polygamist culture, and they have a tendancy to marry pre-teen to early teen girls to much older men. No person of that age legally or morally can enter a contract such as marriage. Some have no issue with this, and look to the bible or other religious texts to justify pedophilia.

As far as adults practicing it - fine, there adults. Plus, the government has nothing to gain from it.

20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    in the end, any physical activity you are involved in is a choice, whether it be homosexuality, bowling, walking into a church, mugging old ladies, kicking a dog.

And i'm against any hate crime laws, as i've never seen a "love crime".
    I would still argue it is not a choice. Gays can't help that they are wired to be homosexual. I can't help that I am drawn to women and have only fell in love with them. I am wired that way as are most of us. But some are not. A lot of gay men and women want to have children. If it was a choice, being gay would just be a phase that would pass once someone decided to have children. But it doesn't. The only choice we have is to accept who we really are, and thus choose to act on either our heterosexual or homosexual feelings.

Your hate crime logic is a bit off. With this reasoning, what's wrong with murder? I've never seen a crime for bringing a life into the world.

Hate crime laws simply recognize that it takes a crime to a more sadistic level to criminalize someone simply for who they are. I can understand how a woman murders her abusive husband, or how someone might kill their spouses mistress in a fit of rage. I can't understand how someone would kill someone for simply being white, muslim, gay, etc.

I would be just as concerned if it was the other way around and gangs of gay men were running around murdering straight men for being straight. That would be totally fukced up on a different level if its hate based.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I honestly never had a problem with Gay's doing civil unions or whatever it is. But marriage is something that did not come from the secular world, and is trampled on enough let alone letting something that is against the very laws that created our view of marriage step on it.
    The word marriage and civil union is interchangeable to and means the same thing to the state. The state has no business meddling in the religious/moral aspect of marriage. To them, marriage is simply a social contract for tax purposes, etc. That is why a priest can marry you in the church but you still need to apply for a license from the state. And atheists can still get married at the courthouse without the blessing of the church.

22. note to zeroV . . do not travel to Uganda

23. I did a spit take.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    Apple juice.
    Wrong. The answer is; "sinners".

lmao.

25. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    x2..
    Well, God created us free men free of choice. We made a bad decision in the beginning and thats why we are here.

I can't find the original post containing THIS gem.

Please, do tell how "we" (considering I am 39 years old and have made around 33-34 years' worth of "choices") made a bad decision in the beginning.

Or...are you asserting that we have and will be judged/punished for the actions of others from a "just" being?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    I would still argue it is not a choice. Gays can't help that they are wired to be homosexual. I can't help that I am drawn to women and have only fell in love with them. I am wired that way as are most of us. But some are not. A lot of gay men and women want to have children. If it was a choice, being gay would just be a phase that would pass once someone decided to have children. But it doesn't. The only choice we have is to accept who we really are, and thus choose to act on either our heterosexual or homosexual feelings.

Your hate crime logic is a bit off. With this reasoning, what's wrong with murder? I've never seen a crime for bringing a life into the world.

Hate crime laws simply recognize that it takes a crime to a more sadistic level to criminalize someone simply for who they are. I can understand how a woman murders her abusive husband, or how someone might kill their spouses mistress in a fit of rage. I can't understand how someone would kill someone for simply being white, muslim, gay, etc.

I would be just as concerned if it was the other way around and gangs of gay men were running around murdering straight men for being straight. That would be totally fukced up on a different level if its hate based.
    You are totally backwards with both of these. I said nothing about emotion or desire, I spoke of action. You can fall in love with a second person while you are married and there is nothing wrong with that, taking action on it is wrong as taking action IS in your control.

Similarly you missed the boat entirely on hate crimes. My point was that beating up a person because he is gay is no worse than beating up a person because he stepped on your toe. Again you are beating him up because of what he is, a clumsy fool. The start of violent crimes is always about what the other person is, whether its race, religion, personality, etc. Again, what else would be your cause of violence against someone? If you start a fight because someone is hitting on your girlfriend, it is you starting a fight because of "who he is" - a crass classless fool. And trying to say that race, religion, sexual preference is "out of a persons control", well honestly you can say the same for someone who is clumsy and unapologetic as thats the way they were raised.

No violent crime is a "love" crime, they all have elements of hate. By establishing a higher penalty for the EXACT SAME action against a specific group you are in effect saying its not as big of a deal to perform that same action against people of any other group that doesn't get protected. Again, your feelings may or may not be entirely in your control, but your actions are. I'm all for stronger penalties for violent crimes, I'm a fan of faster death sentences as well to keep prison costs down. Rape, child molestation and first or second degree murder all deserve rapid death sentences.

27. Still waiting for the "Uganda: Gays miss Idi Amin" article.

28. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You are totally backwards with both of these. I said nothing about emotion or desire, I spoke of action. You can fall in love with a second person while you are married and there is nothing wrong with that, taking action on it is wrong as taking action IS in your control.

Similarly you missed the boat entirely on hate crimes. My point was that beating up a person because he is gay is no worse than beating up a person because he stepped on your toe. Again you are beating him up because of what he is, a clumsy fool. The start of violent crimes is always about what the other person is, whether its race, religion, personality, etc. Again, what else would be your cause of violence against someone? If you start a fight because someone is hitting on your girlfriend, it is you starting a fight because of "who he is" - a crass classless fool. And trying to say that race, religion, sexual preference is "out of a persons control", well honestly you can say the same for someone who is clumsy and unapologetic as thats the way they were raised.

No violent crime is a "love" crime, they all have elements of hate. By establishing a higher penalty for the EXACT SAME action against a specific group you are in effect saying its not as big of a deal to perform that same action against people of any other group that doesn't get protected. Again, your feelings may or may not be entirely in your control, but your actions are. I'm all for stronger penalties for violent crimes, I'm a fan of faster death sentences as well to keep prison costs down. Rape, child molestation and first or second degree murder all deserve rapid death sentences.
    I do believe we are all accountable for our actions because we can control what we do and how we choose to react to things. I simply don't think a gay person can be blamed for choosing to act on it. If a man is gay he has no business acting straight and marrying a woman and vise versa. It just isn't right in my opinion.

I agree with you as far as the death penalty and making it more swift. I still disagree regarding hate crimes because the legislation isn't intended to give preferential treatment to any particular group. It is a shame that our legal system is so weak and inconsistent that we have to have such legislation to ensure the worst offenses get the highest level of punishment.

The day after 9/11, a guy went into a gas station here in Phoenix and murdered the owner for being a Muslim (he was actually a Seikgh from India). He was murdered for being a "Muslim", not for money or because he personaly wronged him. I simply feel that it is an agregious act that should bring the strongest punishment with no option for leniency. In a similar sense, I feel that crimes against children, public servants, and pregnant women should bring the strongest punishment without a chance for leniency.

But I understand your logic. If our courts were consistent and didn't lean so far to the left, there would be no need to differentiate which form of murder is worse, or which one deserves a harsher penalty. The way it is now, advocacy groups have to petition to change the laws to ensure firm justice is applied. Police and other public servants, children, and victims of hate crimes wouldn't need to petition for these things if the courts simply did their jobs and we actually started executing murderers regardless.

29. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    you really believe that AIDs is a homosexual disease soley at this point in time?
    Homo's and iv drug users.

30. Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    Homo's and iv drug users.
    It depends on geography. That trend is only prevalent in the so-called, "Industrialized West," whereas heterosexuals predominate both confirmed HIV and AIDS cases in the MENA states, the African continent, the South Pacific and Eastern Europe-Asia.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Study seeks DNA clues on homosexuality
    By bombBoogie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 03:35 PM
  2. Get rid of penalty kick's/shootouts in sports
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 07:55 PM
  3. dnp and death
    By whale in forum Anabolics