People are dumb as rocks

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    First off, you obviously have me confused with another poster, because I've never said anything close to that. Second, do I really need to debate the statement that only conservatives have morals? This thread, along with the other 27 kindergarten "wah-wah, the Democrats are winning" threads are pointless... but I'll admit, very entertaining. I'll leave you clowns to your... debate.
    Not your words, but your intentions. I am not complaining or whining what so ever.... America voted for who is there now, and we are seeing the radical changes people wanted. I am personally a conservative libertarian... so I guess I have even less morals, since I want to repeal welfare, medicare, medicaid, HMO subsidies.

    Your posts just never contribute, instead has a better than though air.
    The Historic PES Legend


  2. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Your posts just never contribute, instead has a better than though air.
    Okay, you lost me there.

    Look, I'm not going to contribute by defending Obama or the democratic party, because I too have issues with them. I responded only to the sentiment that conservatives have morals and democrats do not... which is just juvenile. Sorry, that attachment bothered you, but I thought it perfectly illustrates how some people feel when rhetoric like that is posted. It's a tired argument that serves only to sidetrack any real discussion.

    You're judging the quality of my posts when you and I are rarely in the same threads. Your first post in this thread was an attempt to call me out! Should I criticize you for not contributing? Outside of the sports and politics forums, I think my posts are usually articulate and helpful. I usually just scan through these threads for entertainment purposes. If something asinine jumps out at me... sometimes I'll highlight it.

    C'mon DA, don't you think you're being a bit pretentious here? Are you Quality Assurance for the politics forum? If so, I'm the least of your worries.
    RTR.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Okay, you lost me there.

    Look, I'm not going to contribute by defending Obama or the democratic party, because I too have issues with them. I responded only to the sentiment that conservatives have morals and democrats do not... which is just juvenile. Sorry, that attachment bothered you, but I thought it perfectly illustrates how some people feel when rhetoric like that is posted. It's a tired argument that serves only to sidetrack any real discussion.

    You're judging the quality of my posts when you and I are rarely in the same threads. Outside of the sports and politics forums, I think my posts are usually articulate and helpful. I usually just scan through these threads for entertainment purposes. If something asinine jumps out at me... sometimes I'll highlight it.

    C'mon DA, don't you think you're being a bit pretentious here? Are you Quality Assurance for the politics forum? If so, I'm the least of your worries.
    The image was asinine. I wasn't defending or negating any statements here. It just annoys the **** out of me when people run something juvenile such as that.

    And wait... there are other portions to this board other than politics and sports? News to me!
    The Historic PES Legend

  4. Okay, I get you as far as posting the attachment. I rarely do it, and I realize (thankfully) this isn't bb.com. Just thought it was humorous and got the point across.

    Oh yeah... there's a General Chat section as well. Meet you there!
    RTR.
  5. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Look, I'm not going to contribute by defending Obama or the democratic party
    well thats a plus, because in general, its the politcians against us, not so much which party against us. Just that the democrats tend to do more long term financial damage than republicans by creating entitlements (although bush sure ****ed us with medicare part D)
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    because in general, its the politcians against us, not so much which party against us.
    AGREED. However, almost every political thread here turns into a two-party hatefest. Even if someone chimes in with, "I'm an independent," it's usually not received well. What annoys me most is when the morality card is played. It's senseless to make that judgment on an entire political entity. Most politicians in either party by definition aren't exactly the most moral of individuals after a few years of service, as it usually doesn't contribute to political longevity.
    RTR.
  7. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    basically you choose a stick in the eye, or a stick in the ear. I believe that McCain would have been different, but who knows for sure.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  8. fwiw, I got a kick out of the facepalm image. Your contributions are welcome rubberring, you seem to have a decent head on your shoulders from the little I've read so far.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    AGREED. However, almost every political thread here turns into a two-party hatefest. Even if someone chimes in with, "I'm an independent," it's usually not received well. What annoys me most is when the morality card is played. It's senseless to make that judgment on an entire political entity. Most politicians in either party by definition aren't exactly the most moral of individuals after a few years of service, as it usually doesn't contribute to political longevity.
    The statment was made because the Republican party has a set of guide lines most stick to. I didn't say all....most. Unlike democrates, that is a catch all party. Thats all I was saying. You took what I said out of context and instead of responding with "rehtoric" you posted that video.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    basically you choose a stick in the eye, or a stick in the ear. I believe that McCain would have been different, but who knows for sure.
    I suppose both are better than a stick in the bum?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    The statment was made because the Republican party has a set of guide lines most stick to. I didn't say all....most. Unlike democrates, that is a catch all party. Thats all I was saying. You took what I said out of context and instead of responding with "rehtoric" you posted that video.
    Okay, you keep saying "catch-all party"... but I'm not sure you're clear on what that means. Catch-all indicates a party's willingness to represent multiple viewpoints. It's also referred to as "big-tent." And DW, it's big-tent politics in both parties. Dude, it's a TWO-party system... they both have to be. Some dems oppose abortion, some republicans support non-interventionist foreign policy, etc., etc., etc. Appealing to multiple voters is no doubt a goal of both parties.

    Now, if you want to argue that the democrats are more of a catch-all party... then you may have a point. But it's nothing to do with morals, and it's not an adjective exclusive to non-conservatives.
    RTR.
  12. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I suppose both are better than a stick in the bum?
    Right, thank god i'm not in canada
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Right, thank god i'm not in canada
    Why? You and your life partner could get legally married, then!
  14. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    people can do that in a couple of the states
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Okay, you keep saying "catch-all party"... but I'm not sure you're clear on what that means. Catch-all indicates a party's willingness to represent multiple viewpoints. It's also referred to as "big-tent." And DW, it's big-tent politics in both parties. Dude, it's a TWO-party system... they both have to be. Some dems oppose abortion, some republicans support non-interventionist foreign policy, etc., etc., etc. Appealing to multiple voters is no doubt a goal of both parties.

    Now, if you want to argue that the democrats are more of a catch-all party... then you may have a point. But it's nothing to do with morals, and it's not an adjective exclusive to non-conservatives.
    I'm 100% clear on what it means.

    Yes, much more. Usually, by listing information, you can tell who is a repuclican, usually....a large majority of democrats it's more of a guessing game as their backgrounds and beliefs vary a lot...while republican's do not that much, to a degree.

    There is always exceptions. If you were too look at my information you would almost 100% bet I was a democrat, but no chance.

    See how much more we got accomplished with talking and not posting video's
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  16. Kill em all and let God sort them out.... or you have an alternative....

    VOTE LIBERTARIAN!
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 09:55 PM
  2. NP Rocks!
    By joecski in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
  3. This Kid Rocks- Classically !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Log in
Log in