Obama worship

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    It's how they roll in Mass.
    Nah...instead of getting promoted, they get prosecuted
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    It's all in your point of view, ask Newt who was all over Clinton for getting a BJ
    wrong, for lying under oath. But you know, who expects a democrat to tell the truth anyhow? you know, cause they are doing it all for the "good of the children"
    •   
       


  3. For the children


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTBq_ybkBmI"]YouTube - Sing For Change (Original)[/ame]
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    It's all in your point of view, ask Newt who was all over Clinton for getting a BJ while his own house was in total disorder. They're all politicians who are not perfect. Each side has their problems that we could go round and round about, it's all good till they get caught. It's just the Republicans turn to bitch and whine as some of you have so eloquently accused the other side of.

    :bruce3:
    No, see the problem here is your jackal promised a new washington. I dont recall bush saying anything like that. you know, none of the old cronyism, no influence from special interest groups like the ones that hired daschle, no influence of lobbyists like Joe Biden's son, it was going to be different! Already, its just more of the same BS reguritated onto us.

  5. I'm sorry if you guys don't believe in Obama but he is the second coming. I'm joining the church of Barack I suggest you all do the same or you will be banished to canada

    Seriously he's got a heavy load and I don't envy his situation, I believe in him as the president to stear this country in the right direction.
    •   
       


  6. I actually don't mind him at all....Its his blind followers and Congress that will be his ball and chain.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  7. Clinton lied to everyone over and over and over again..... Ok fine i got a bj.
    I trust him!! lol.
    Obama is changing nothing spending more money he will be the straw the broke the injured bears back.

  8. Obama is so heavily stamped on this stimulus package, yet I feel that when it fails miserably, he won't have to take any punishment. What about Obama is so amazing can do no wrong? That seems to be the mindset of his followers.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    No, see the problem here is your jackal promised a new washington. I dont recall bush saying anything like that. you know, none of the old cronyism, no influence from special interest groups like the ones that hired daschle, no influence of lobbyists like Joe Biden's son, it was going to be different! Already, its just more of the same BS reguritated onto us.
    No, see the real problem is you're a hater but that's ok because you have that right. You still haven't gotten over the fact that your candidate didn't have the goods and was further sabotaged by the man who was sitting in the White house.

    :bruce3:

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    No, see the problem here is your jackal promised a new washington. I dont recall bush saying anything like that. you know, none of the old cronyism, no influence from special interest groups like the ones that hired daschle, no influence of lobbyists like Joe Biden's son, it was going to be different! Already, its just more of the same BS reguritated onto us.
    you just a hater yo...





    Bush bashers at least had "Bush Derangement Syndrome".......now we've refined that down to "hater".


    The term "hater" is now in the political discussion ladies and gentlemen. We've come a long way.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    Now their teaching the children to worship!
    Barack Obama spelled backwards is "Antichrist".

    Next he will make everyone take his "mark"

    OK it's an exaggeration, but if he did say take the "mark" his followers would do it in a heartbeat.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Obama is so heavily stamped on this stimulus package, yet I feel that when it fails miserably, he won't have to take any punishment. What about Obama is so amazing can do no wrong? That seems to be the mindset of his followers.
    I actually think the reason he want Republican support was so he could point the finger if need be.

    Now, it's a Democrat baby. No one to blame but them.


    I also see your point on his Obots. They keep saying "give him a chance, he's never done this before"



    Well, shouldn't they have picked someone with experience?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    No, see the real problem is you're a hater but that's ok because you have that right. You still haven't gotten over the fact that your candidate didn't have the goods and was further sabotaged by the man who was sitting in the White house.

    :bruce3:
    Its nice how you can't address that the "change" administration is just full of the same old horse**** as any prior administration (include bush if you'd like).

  14. Huckabee was on Hannity's show last night, and admitted he was wrong about how he thought Obama was going to introduce far-left policies SLOWLY...Definitely not the case.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    No, see the real problem is you're a hater but that's ok because you have that right. You still haven't gotten over the fact that your candidate didn't have the goods and was further sabotaged by the man who was sitting in the White house.

    :bruce3:
    do you have yours on order yet?

  16. If you listen to Pres Obama's exceptance speech then play it backwards it has secret messages His secret plan is exposed.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    I also see your point on his Obots. ...
    Obots...I love that.
    Part of my vocab now.

  18. The worship is a bit ostentatiously fervent at times, I agree. This being said, I would hope even the most stringent NeoCons [cue: Easy] could embrace the benefits of certain achievements, even if they are exclusively symbolic, of this current election and subsequent administration. From a foreigner's perspective, I can confidently assert that the symbolism of Obama's intended negotiation tactics, the termination of Guantanamo Bay, this so-called "hope-based administration" [quite cliche by now] and so forth do impart to the U.S., some sorrily-needed goodwill.

    Bush was unfairly blamed for the combination of failed monetarist supply-side economics in the fiscal/global investment sector combining with Clinton's equally as disastrous easy-credit fiasco; funnily enough, if the economy recovers expediently, Obama will be heralded. The amusing part is that, for all their efforts, true history will regard each of them as entirely insignificant in the course of their respective epoch's economy!
  19. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    people are too fanatical. i don't think "enthusiasm" and "energy" describes what that kid has...lol

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    The worship is a bit ostentatiously fervent at times, I agree. This being said, I would hope even the most stringent NeoCons [cue: Easy] could embrace the benefits of certain achievements, even if they are exclusively symbolic, of this current election and subsequent administration. From a foreigner's perspective, I can confidently assert that the symbolism of Obama's intended negotiation tactics, the termination of Guantanamo Bay, this so-called "hope-based administration" [quite cliche by now] and so forth do impart to the U.S., some sorrily-needed goodwill.

    Bush was unfairly blamed for the combination of failed monetarist supply-side economics in the fiscal/global investment sector combining with Clinton's equally as disastrous easy-credit fiasco; funnily enough, if the economy recovers expediently, Obama will be heralded. The amusing part is that, for all their efforts, true history will regard each of them as entirely insignificant in the course of their respective epoch's economy!
    "Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."


    Obama's Chief of Staff - Rahm Emanuel



    They just did. 800 billion dollars worth.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  21. A 40-Year Wish List
    You won't believe what's in that stimulus bill.



    "Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."

    So said White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel in November, and Democrats in Congress are certainly taking his advice to heart. The 647-page, $825 billion House legislation is being sold as an economic "stimulus," but now that Democrats have finally released the details we understand Rahm's point much better. This is a political wonder that manages to spend money on just about every pent-up Democratic proposal of the last 40 years.
    [Review & Outlook] AP

    We've looked it over, and even we can't quite believe it. There's $1 billion for Amtrak, the federal railroad that hasn't turned a profit in 40 years; $2 billion for child-care subsidies; $50 million for that great engine of job creation, the National Endowment for the Arts; $400 million for global-warming research and another $2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects. There's even $650 million on top of the billions already doled out to pay for digital TV conversion coupons.

    In selling the plan, President Obama has said this bill will make "dramatic investments to revive our flagging economy." Well, you be the judge. Some $30 billion, or less than 5% of the spending in the bill, is for fixing bridges or other highway projects. There's another $40 billion for broadband and electric grid development, airports and clean water projects that are arguably worthwhile priorities.


    Add the roughly $20 billion for business tax cuts, and by our estimate only $90 billion out of $825 billion, or about 12 cents of every $1, is for something that can plausibly be considered a growth stimulus. And even many of these projects aren't likely to help the economy immediately. As Peter Orszag, the President's new budget director, told Congress a year ago, "even those [public works] that are 'on the shelf' generally cannot be undertaken quickly enough to provide timely stimulus to the economy."
    [Review & Outlook]

    Most of the rest of this project spending will go to such things as renewable energy funding ($8 billion) or mass transit ($6 billion) that have a low or negative return on investment. Most urban transit systems are so badly managed that their fares cover less than half of their costs. However, the people who operate these systems belong to public-employee unions that are campaign contributors to . . . guess which party?

    Here's another lu-lu: Congress wants to spend $600 million more for the federal government to buy new cars. Uncle Sam already spends $3 billion a year on its fleet of 600,000 vehicles. Congress also wants to spend $7 billion for modernizing federal buildings and facilities. The Smithsonian is targeted to receive $150 million; we love the Smithsonian, too, but this is a job creator?

    Another "stimulus" secret is that some $252 billion is for income-transfer payments -- that is, not investments that arguably help everyone, but cash or benefits to individuals for doing nothing at all. There's $81 billion for Medicaid, $36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits, $20 billion for food stamps, and $83 billion for the earned income credit for people who don't pay income tax. While some of that may be justified to help poorer Americans ride out the recession, they aren't job creators.
    In Today's Opinion Journal



    As for the promise of accountability, some $54 billion will go to federal programs that the Office of Management and Budget or the Government Accountability Office have already criticized as "ineffective" or unable to pass basic financial audits. These include the Economic Development Administration, the Small Business Administration, the 10 federal job training programs, and many more.

    Oh, and don't forget education, which would get $66 billion more. That's more than the entire Education Department spent a mere 10 years ago and is on top of the doubling under President Bush. Some $6 billion of this will subsidize university building projects. If you think the intention here is to help kids learn, the House declares on page 257 that "No recipient . . . shall use such funds to provide financial assistance to students to attend private elementary or secondary schools." Horrors: Some money might go to nonunion teachers.

    The larger fiscal issue here is whether this spending bonanza will become part of the annual "budget baseline" that Congress uses as the new floor when calculating how much to increase spending the following year, and into the future. Democrats insist that it will not. But it's hard -- no, impossible -- to believe that Congress will cut spending next year on any of these programs from their new, higher levels. The likelihood is that this allegedly emergency spending will become a permanent addition to federal outlays -- increasing pressure for tax increases in the bargain. Any Blue Dog Democrat who votes for this ought to turn in his "deficit hawk" credentials.

    This is supposed to be a new era of bipartisanship, but this bill was written based on the wish list of every living -- or dead -- Democratic interest group. As Speaker Nancy Pelosi put it, "We won the election. We wrote the bill." So they did. Republicans should let them take all of the credit.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    "Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."

    Obama's Chief of Staff - Rahm Emanuel

    They just did. 800 billion dollars worth.
    No disagreement here. Cataclysmic crises, such as the one we are experiencing now, almost universally present opportunities for restructuring of the global economy via necessitated termination of non-profitable industries, and the insertion of new catalyst industries [see: WWII, as you know]. This being said, I still feel that certain symbolic achievements may be taken from this infant-administration, in regards to regaining the US's moral conscience. The first step in regard to restoring yourselves to that nation, is abandoning the sense of cowboy-nostalgia that so characterized the Bush administration - i.e., the tactic of referring to an America which cannot exist today, or may have never existed!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No disagreement here. Cataclysmic crises, such as the one we are experiencing now, almost universally present opportunities for restructuring of the global economy via necessitated termination of non-profitable industries, and the insertion of new catalyst industries [see: WWII, as you know]. This being said, I still feel that certain symbolic achievements may be taken from this infant-administration, in regards to regaining the US's moral conscience. The first step in regard to restoring yourselves to that nation, is abandoning the sense of cowboy-nostalgia that so characterized the Bush administration - i.e., the tactic of referring to an America which cannot exist today, or may have never existed!
    The problem with this symbolism is that is has almost no basis in fact. Did Obama close Gitmo? Yes. Did he extend the the treatment policies of those prisoners enable by Bush? Yes. What he basically stated is that I am restoring the moral high ground by closing this building, "while I continue the treatment policies of said prisoners..just in a different location". A smoke screen...nothing more. A dog and pony show for the media.

    Foreign policy? He'll talk to Iran. Well that's great but we've doing that for the last 2 years. We just don't announce it.

    GO after Bin Laden from inside Pakistan? Great..but we've doing tat since 2001. Sen. Feinstein, a Democrat, confirmed this Friday by mistakenly revealing classified information that we've been inside Pakistan and launching strikes for years....a revelation that will most likely create extreme unrest in Pakistan and their new leadership. Great job Senator.


    The problem with such symbolism is that it can have the same negative effects as some renewed sense of heightened nationalism can. We just went through that....how did that work out?

    The only difference is Obama can sell it much better than Bush.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. symbolic achievements are great when there are no other achievements left.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Obama, Cheney are related
    By bombBoogie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 02:46 AM
  2. OBAMA GIRL vs THE "ROMNEY" GIRLS !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 01:29 AM
  3. Barack Obama - still smokin'???
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
  4. Senator Obama Mentioned as 2008 Contender
    By yeahright in forum Politics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Log in
Log in