John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Edit skip to page five if your interested in pictures..all my pictures have been erased before page five I think.

Hello Everyone,

I am working on getting a sixpack. I have never REALLY been serious and it didnt really matter but today i have decided that i want to know how to get a sixpack. and how specificaly to get one every time i want one. Ill probally stay lean once i get lean. Now i know how to get lean in general but have really actually never had a sixpack. I want your feedback , tips, suggestions....please. Ill be updated pictures regulary since i now have a digital camera and can take pictures everyday on my digital camera or my webcam. Right now i dont know how much bodyfat. My goal is to get a sixpack while keeping my strength and and even improving strength and also maintaining my muscle and even gaining some muscle. Ill use preperation H before the photo shoot-i was going to post this in the bodybuilding contest forum but its here. I naturally have a fast metabolism and lose weight quickly so it really takes a lot of work for me to keep on the muscle.I also have small bones so an advantage of small bone people is the muscle looks bigger on the bones...the bones weigh less than say a mesomorph...and thus a 210 lbs mesomorph theorically has less muscle mass than a 210 ectomorph(same bodyfat levels) because the bigger boned person bones weigh more than the small boned person. so i actually look like i weigh more than 210.Im more naturally kind of ectoish- as ive been thin all my life, except after i bulked up , then had to cut it. IMHO bulking up 20 lbs or over is not worth it. anyways ive been eating clean and i think im going to try Derek(beasT's) method of eating lower carbs for 3 days then on the fourth day carb up..or is it 2 days low carb , carb up on the third? ok its every 21st meal. i looked at derek_aka_beast's lohs which is incredible. Im thinking of upping the fat intake and reducing the carbs to what Derek does in his log.

ill have the figure around how many carbs , protein and fat i need, and have to get very specific. and ill know ill have to do it. Im ready. Ill be researching and hopefully you guys can give some input.

I d like to post my nutition so you can get a glimsp of what im doing.btw this is just a typical day and i switch my carbs (brown rice, rice cakes, veggies, fruits, sweet potatoes, red poatoes, whole wheat pasta) protein(whey, cottege cheese, egges, lean beef, chicken, tuna, salmon, fish, turkey) fats(flax oil, olive oil, fish oil, avacado) up. I do take alcar (about 3 grams every morning) and am thinking about adding some more right before my second meal to help with fatloss(i it helps- i think it helps mild). ok well i just took this pic(btw im havnt hit my chest, back, shoulders, quads, hams, in abut two weeks) im doing a routine that Frank Zane used to do for lagging bodyparts. He would only do it like once every very so often. Thie routine is for a bodypart you feel is lagging hit it 3-5 x's per week and only focus on that. example say your back is lagging do it like this: Monday- heavy back day 25 sets tuesday- lighter day(btw do different exercises, mix them up) 15 sets wednesday off thuresday hit it good fri- hit it heavy again 25 sets sat- do very very light back work. Only do this once every so often. do this for one of two weeks and no more than two weeks. Im doing it for two weeks on traps and calves. The other bodyparts that arn't trained will go down some but the weak points come up, and then when you resume training again the other bodyparts come back up and the lagging bodyparts are stronger. Ive done traps and valves already for one week and im on week two. Your traps at first got super sore but im used to it now. also my calves did too but there used to it.

ok well thats the trainig im on now and ill start hitting all bodyparts after this week of weak point training is completed.

these were taking less than an hour and a half ago right after my first postraining meal.

My Goal:To have a sixpack within 2 months. and if i get it before though doing this right the sooner the better. Im ready to apply what knoweldge i do know and ill be researching, testing, refining, and taking your opinions in balancing it all out. Thanks Guys! This board is awesome!

Nutrution

example of what im eating like now- this might not be what it ll take to get a six pack..again please give your input.

wake up - alcar 3 grams wait 5 mins then meal 1

meal 1- one cup wheat cheerios(22 carbs), half cup of blueberries, an apple(22 carbs) prtein shake(40 grams) and flax oil two teaspoons 9 grams, multi

wait an 1- 1/2 then ill train- btw if you can train in the morning do it, your testostrone levels are higher, and when u train in the morning it boosts testostrone levels 10 % (not a lot but ill take it) , and it reduces cortisol by a whooping 50 %. that means if you train when you first wake up to midday(whatever midday is to you, depending on your schedule) verses if you train after miday to after you been up a while( btw this is useful for very intense trainign sessions , and you can get away with say like training calves or something small later during the day) but the point is when you train later after youve been up a while you wont boost testostrone levels by 10 % and your cortisol breakdown will be about a 2 :1 ratio than if your trained earlier.

postraining - (im thinking of adding alcar beforehand)alpha lipic acid 100mgs, 40 gram protein shake, 50 gram dextose,couple grams taurine, CEE 3 grams sometimes ill take vit c if i think i need it for an immune boost

now some say not to take in fiber or fats eVEN AFTER the first postraining meal but i do please give your input its very valuable to me.

45 mins later- Chicken Breast , brown rice(60 grams) broccoli, and olive oil(8 grams)

2 hours later - cabbage,whole wheat pasta (30 ) and organic beef 94/6

2 hours later- mixed salad(no dressing) maybe some lemon juice as dressing, rice cakes 21 carbs and canned tuna oive oil 8 grams

2-3 hours later- 4 eggs(1 yolk) peice of wheat toast, cottege cheese 9 fish oils, multi,

if i wake up i sometimes go to get a protein shake in the middle of the night depending how close it is to after i fal alseep or before i get up. if its even 2 or 1 hours before i have to get up ill even just drink 20 grams.
-note i also take saw palmetto and glucosamine.
- i have phenibut onhand if i get stressed but i meditate . i dont take phenibut much
-ive tryed yohimbine in the past for a month and it seemed to have worked for fatloss but it also seemed to cause stress so thats a no no.
-thats about it here are my pics for today. they were taking about 2 hours ago . note certain times of the day my stmach is flater ...esp earlier it seems..this pic was taking right after my first postraining meal. Before i go to bed my stomach sticks out like a pregnant women sometimes.

I have decided to start working my abs again(even though doign heavy deads, squats, and many lifting exercises workthem, i did direct work today and i feel them. i did a turned ab machine and rope pulldowns- i think i like the rope pulldowns the best)

for cardio ive been doing 10 mins two times a weekafter training on the treadmill and im exhausted afterwards. i also do physical work and walking a lot ot my jobs. so far i have been cutting last week and last week ive lost 5 lbs. so far ive lost 5 lbs and i dont really see an improvement in my waistline much. On this pic taking today it does look like maybe some improvement.Im not looking for a quick fix , im looking to do this right. and we all know in this lifestyle there is no such thing as a quick fix you must do the work. If you dont do the work you wotn win. thats what seperates the winners from the non- winners, the winners put in the work.I m challanging myself to a sixpack.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am on the same quest. :)

Good luck!
Thanks Robboe! please share with me what works, what doesntt, etc. Ill be sharing what works on this thread. do you have any pics

btw the main point of this thread is for me to figure out how specifically , what specifically actions have to be taking and applied to get a six pack. If that ddidnt make sense i just woke up to eat something and half tired, and going back to bed. what i mean i want to discover how it works.

Last edited:
flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
You look pretty lean now, what does your ab shot look like?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went to the gym today and got oin the scale. 205. about a week and a half ago i was 212. i ve lost 10 lbs in about two weeks.

Today--alcar 3 grams..wait 5 mins then -meal 1 cherrioes and blueberries(40 carbs) Fish oils (8) protein shake 40

meal 2 - 3 rice cakes(21 carbs) (15 grams) berterlis light tastign olive oil (15 grams), chicken breast (40) and a stem of raw broccoli

postraining like 50 grams fast acting carbs(included an apple), 40 protein, cee, alpha lipoic acid, taurine

-then i took this pic

Meal 3- about 30 -45 mins later Healthy Choice frozen meal Cheesy chicken with rice total fat 5 grams sat fat 2.5 total carb(30 ) from wild rice protein (23)-

in addition since this isnt enough i took 5 grams a flax oil and ate a packet of tuna(20 grams) and i ate about 3 cups of steamed broccoli.

meal 4- salad(no dressing) 1 rice cake(7 carbs) 2 peices of wheat toast(18 carbs) natty peanut butter (16 fat) chicken breast (40)- i made a whole hweat natty chicken sandwich=) Yummy

meal -5 3 whole eggs 3 whites(25 protein)(15 fat) cottage cheese(30 )

daily value- 250 grams of protein. 186 carbs. 63 grams of fat.
total calories 2311

how does nutrition look for today?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck man i'm on the same quest. I'm dieting down till I get abs then lean bulking over the next year or so.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck man i'm on the same quest. I'm dieting down till I get abs then lean bulking over the next year or so.
If you will, share whats working. My goal is to get a six-pack but in addition to find out how the process works.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far a combination of Venom Hyperdrive and special tactics cycled with caffiene and ephedra pills. First two are by dose directions and the last two are one of each pill x2 daily.

About 23-2500 calories a day using fitday.com
5 days a week exercise with small muscles followed up the morning after I work from 6-6 so I work out hard before work and do a small follow up afterwards.
Gallon of water a day. Used Mega-trn to help mantain muscle while cutting.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far a combination of Venom Hyperdrive and special tactics cycled with caffiene and ephedra pills. First two are by dose directions and the last two are one of each pill x2 daily.

About 23-2500 calories a day using fitday.com
5 days a week exercise with small muscles followed up the morning after I work from 6-6 so I work out hard before work and do a small follow up afterwards.
Gallon of water a day. Used Mega-trn to help mantain muscle while cutting.
cool. Ive never tryed a fat burner because i heard certain particular ones work by messing with thyroid levels(t3 or t4 if im not mistaken) and work while our on them but after your off them a few months down the road- your thyroid becomes slower-just what i've heard. i mean imo messing with yur thyroid is worst than messing with anabolic steroids.

I updated my previous post on my nutrition today.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im still doing the Frank Zane lgging bodypart routine and i have to say i notice a difference in my traps and in my calves. I start resuming every body part back on Monday. Im going to start doing 30 mins cardio after training(got this from Derek_Aka_Beast) I am going to do cardio i enjoy, boxing,swimming Tennis, possibly sk8boarding-might give it a shot- i used to sk8 for a few years when i was a teen. anyways ill be doing cardio after every training session. 5 days a week. I plan on keeping my calories at 2300 and will change according to if its working or not. I have one month- i have to have a sixpack on 7-23-06 and im willing to bust my ass to get it. If i want it hard enough ill get it. Ill be training heavy to maintain , and even add muscle mass. I am taking no anabolics, only CEE right now. Im bumping my Alcar up to 6 grams a day. 2 x's daily(3 grams each time) Ill be mediating and relaxing on a daily basis. P-protein C-carbs F-fats

after 3 hours after going to sleep last night i got in a 35 gram whey shake and went bck to bed. IF i get up in the middle of the night and depending on the hours i get in a protein shake.

Today woke-up Alcar(3 grams) 5 minutes later Cheerios and blueberrries(40 c) protein shake(40 p) and 10(f) ishoils also a multi , saw palmetto, glucosamine, and i just started maca yeserday i take 5 grams daily.

meal 2- Brown Rice(40 c)(small apple 15) Broccoli-cooked, Steak from ryans 60 (p) and it was red meat so it had a lotta fat. Red meat SOMETIMES is ok , esp for boosting test levels right?

trained calves, abs and traps

postraining 50 carbs (from pure cherry juice) CEE shake(35 P)

hour later - Broccoli-cooked -2 cups, whole wheat pasta 40 (c) Olive il(15 f) chicken breast(40 p)

took pic
please give your input. I have a lot of work to do to get a six-pack by July the 23nd.

3 hours later - Olive oil fries(15f) 25 (c) chicken packet (20) tuna packet (20) (40 P) salad

2 hours later - 2 whole wheat waffles with butter(witho oilive oil in it) and light syrup(40 C) fish oil(10 f ) cottege cheese ,(30) scoop of whey(20)

Total carbs 265 total protein 265 total fats 75
Total Calories-2775

tomorrow its back down to around 2300.

This is a high carb day.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
be prepared for your arms to shrink.

Megazol's really good w/ megatrn for body recomp and a bit of alcar w/ lipoderma ultra .1% capsaicin and some lipo-6

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looking good Smeton, Ive been chasing the ab dragon for a while now and Ive almost got it...almost:D Good luck!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
be prepared for your arms to shrink.

Megazol's really good w/ megatrn for body recomp and a bit of alcar w/ lipoderma ultra .1% capsaicin and some lipo-6
Thanks. I just ordered 3 bottles of AST's prescription RX- which is basically the same indregients as Dymatise Extreme except it contains no yomhimbe hcl. I have used yohimbe before for a month and it semmed to have work for fatloss but i didnt like it. I started doing alcar twice daily today. here is a pic upon awaking. I plan on training 5 days a week and doing cardio 30 minutes after. ill be meditating /relaxing keeping my mind , body , spirit in good harmony.Eating clean of course Low Calorie diet 2000-2500 carbs probally around 2300 generally; however, if i feel i need to lower or up them i will. I like what Derek_aka_Beast did with his diet and the high carb meal. I ll be doing direct ab work. 3 weeks out from the goal ill start putting sarrun wrap and preperation-H gel on at night. and also using a self tanner on my body

Taking upon awaking . Digital Camera doesnt have the best quality or show very good lighting, unless theres something i dotn know about. Ill have to read the instructions -lol Duh

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It Looks like you're starting to develop your top 4. Yeah? 30 minutes of cardio and perhaps a high carb high protein low fat diet should do it. I posted that somewhere. I think it was in the other 1 about fat loss supps. I've gotten pretty good results from high carb/protein and low fat. I've never tried prep-h but i do know the capsaicin gives wild burn and with 30 mins of cardio and 5 days of working out you should be pretty solid.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It Looks like you're starting to develop your top 4. Yeah? 30 minutes of cardio and perhaps a high carb high protein low fat diet should do it. I posted that somewhere. I think it was in the other 1 about fat loss supps. I've gotten pretty good results from high carb/protein and low fat. I've never tried prep-h but i do know the capsaicin gives wild burn and with 30 mins of cardio and 5 days of working out you should be pretty solid.
Yeah Top 4 are coming in. I actually weighed 206 - a lb more but guess what im not worryed about how much i weigh anymore. Btw Frank Zane on that actavar is awesome. -he once said: Dont worry about how much you weigh, worry about what your body looks like. Im following his advice.

one question: High Carb? I dont think high carb works for fatloss. correct me if im wrong

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
one question: High Carb? I dont think high carb works for fatloss. correct me if im wrong
Thing is It worked for me. I figured it would help me stave off catabolism and still burn fat off slowly. I was training really hard though with cardio and interval sprints. I was probably sprinting 3 miles. It was a bit overzealous but I was wanting to get good at the 400 yd. I'm still working on my diet as time progresses. Although I do know that buying big packs of chicken breast boneless skinless w/ big bags of brocolli and asparagus cooking it up and eating it about 6 meals a day. With a protein shake pre and post work out. Look into anabolic innovations for the whey isolate if ya need some.
Of course there's the lack of energy from that protein. But the brocolli/asparagus seems to help with energy. Anyone else had some experience with this? Those are the 2 diets that have worked for me. On anabolics, like TRN/ZOL it might be EASILY achievable on the high protein/low carb diet. The brain really starts to go also w/ the atkins. Keep in mind ZOL is insane for fat loss and the TRN is quite wonderful for strength. I love the feeling of waking up in the morning feeling all pumped up like I just worked out. Gets me ready for the day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah asparagus has a durietic effect. and broccoli thats an all around great antioxidant and it blocks bad estrogen levels, which are good for bodybuilding. yeah i like the high carb idea every 3 days either in a meal or a higher carb day for energy.

Hell Arnold used to eat an apple pie a week out from the competetion. Ken Waller would eat a strict diet full of fish, but Arnold said he had to have his apple pie.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah he's freaking awesome. I think In pumping iron I saw him eat a pie or something with coffee. when he was talking with ... louie boy and his family.

Dude's a beast. He just calculates things so well. I understand genetics and yadda yadda. But I think those roles really are too played out. It seems pretty easy to modify your genetic predisposition with diet and the training for your body type. Like this 1 kid in my firehouse he's 5'11" and 150 lbs. Kid's a twig. 10 inch arms. I measured them the other day. Weird habit of mine. Measuring people. Anyways. I think if he ate atleast 4000 calories a day and 1000 at 3:00 am. setting his alarm clock. He would gain some fat and with working out muscle. He's at like 6%-8% body fat. and 4-6 reps of heaviest weight. I think he'd pack on the pounds.

EDIT - I'm guessing the reasons Jay Cutler/Ronnie Coleman are getting so big is because of HGH/IGF-1. Arnold and Frank were all around 230-250 or so. Everyone was smaller back then but it seemed they preferred symmetry and body perfection looks as opposed to just Freaky big everywhere.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although I do know that buying big packs of chicken breast boneless skinless w/ big bags of brocolli and asparagus cooking it up and eating it about 6 meals a day. With a protein shake pre and post work out. Look into anabolic innovations for the whey isolate if ya need some.
Of course there's the lack of energy from that protein. But the brocolli/asparagus seems to help with energy. Anyone else had some experience with this? Those are the 2 diets that have worked for me. On anabolics, like TRN/ZOL it might be EASILY achievable on the high protein/low carb diet. The brain really starts to go also w/ the atkins. Keep in mind ZOL is insane for fat loss and the TRN is quite wonderful for strength. I love the feeling of waking up in the morning feeling all pumped up like I just worked out. Gets me ready for the day.
Do you call a diet full of brocolli and asparagus a high carb diet? When I think high carb, I tend to envision more starchy carbs as opposed to the fibrous carbs you have mentioned.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you call a diet full of brocolli and asparagus a high carb diet? When I think high carb, I tend to envision more starchy carbs as opposed to the fibrous carbs you have mentioned.
NO NO! when I said high carb I was envisioning my current diet as it is ... Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice, Oatmeal etc. Don't get me wrong. The Fibrous carbs such as brocolli I was mentioning as a supplement to the atkins/high protein approach. I used 2 diets to drop fat and I'm not sure if they are even correct. Diet 1 was high carb/protein low fat with sprinting and cardio and Diet 2 was High Protein/low carb low fat with weight training. Corrections?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That makes alot more sense, thanks for the clarification.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today was my first day back to regular training ...im doing max-ot cardio along with max-ot training. since it was first day back trainign chest in two weeks i went a little lighter. i did 185 lbs on incline 6 x's that was my heavyiest set today.

woke up 3 grams alcar..waited 5 minutes, then ate cherios and blueberries 40 carbs, protein shake 40 p, flax oil 10 f

i trained chest, then did 16 minutes of max-ot cardio on a riding bike-intervewal. i might switch it up and go by the way i feel i can push myself. the goal of max-ot caardio is too go harder than the last cardio session. I have a pool (or i can always jump a motel/hotel pool) and go swimming and push myself, or box, or tennis or whatever. -

postraining ala 100 mgs, alcar 3 grams, 50 grams dextose 40 grams protein shake, taurine 5 grams CEE 5 grams

meal 2 - Organic lean beef 40 p, 18 f,whole wheat pasta 40 c, broccoli

meal 3- tuna 40 p, rice cakes 21 c, olive oil 15 f

then i took a 20 gram protein shake with 5 grams taurine

meal 4
5 grams creatine micronized mico with a little gadtorade(10 C) c, couple grams taurine, peice of toast 10 c, 4 eggs(1 yolk) cottege cheese 40 p, 6 fish oil tabs (11 f)

today i did a goodjob with drinking water. im expirementing with CEE nd micronized creatine . My alcar is now up to 6 grams a day. Im waiting for my 3 bottles of ast prescription RX to arrive. also im taking 5-6 grams of maca daily for sex drive(my parents are out of town and im ready to get a cutie over here) also multi, glucosamine, and saw palmetto

total protein 220 . carbs 175 fats 56 total calories- 1,804

tomorrow im going to try to eat around 2300. right now i dotn feel sluggish or tired or whatever, even though its been a low cal day. I can tell im leaning out more. I didnt even step on the scale today. Im not concerned about how i weigh i m concerned about how i look.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
last night i got up twice -first time i eat natty peanut butter, second time a 40 grams shake..(only got 7-71/2 sleep and had to go strait to work upon getting up i even took my breakfast to work

Woke up - abs and chest are very sore from the previous day alcar 3 grams then meal 1- cheerios and blueberries 40 c, 10 fish oils 10 f, protein shake 40 p

meal 2- sweetpoatoe 25 c, broccoli, green pepper(stuffed with some beef-not much) 10p, 5 f, 1/2 small avacoda 10 f, apple 15 c, chicken breast 40 p

alcar 3 grams

then i trained abs, biceps and cardio(max-ot 16 mins) (btw i mmay increase it depending on my needs)I see the fat coming off nicely right now;however i have 3 1/2 weeks to get a sixpack. when i flex my abs, i dont see the sixpack.

postrainign ala 100 mgs,50 grams dextose, whey shake 50 p, CEE 5 grams

meal3- whole wheat pasta 40 c, organic lean beed 40 p, 20 f

meal 4- broccoli, handful of cherrios 10 c, 2 peice wheat toast 20 c,salmon 40 p, 10 f

meal 5- a teaspoon natty PB 8 f, cottage cheese 25 p

then an hour later
protein shake 40 p, 6 fish oils

also multi, glucasomine and maca(5-6 grams daily)

total protein 220 total carbs 260 total fats 70

total calories 2,550

tomorrow is Legs and that is always intense so i might keep calories about the same and reduce the carbs and up the protein

i was reading an article by Layne Norton on losing fat..and he said going as low as 1,000 for a couple days isnt going to eat into muscle, but only do this for a limited time then bump the calos back up .

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycling is a very effective method of fat-loss that I like to employ. You base your days carbohydrate intake on the activities performed that day. For example, my highest carbohydrate intake happens on days when I perform my back and leg workouts, while other bodypart workout days have a more moderate carbohydrate intake. The lowest carb days are days where I don't lift. I've found that has prevented me from getting overly hungry, kept fatloss moving along, and maintained strength levels.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycling is a very effective method of fat-loss that I like to employ. You base your days carbohydrate intake on the activities performed that day. For example, my highest carbohydrate intake happens on days when I perform my back and leg workouts, while other bodypart workout days have a more moderate carbohydrate intake. The lowest carb days are days where I don't lift. I've found that has prevented me from getting overly hungry, kept fatloss moving along, and maintained strength levels.
Somewhere, someway, somehow i have heard this before and knew this subconciously but Duh it makes total sense now. I will conciously put this into practice today and from now on. Thank you:bruce1:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today got good sleep(which i now know is crucial to success in bodybuilding)

woke up alcar 3 grams, meal 1- cherrios, blueberries, and a nice size banana 70 c (energy for the hard training session ahead) protein shake 40 p, 10 grams flax oil , maca 2 grams, multi, saw palmetto, ran out of glucosmine will buy sometime

my ast prespription Rx fat bruners arrived in the mail i took 2 an hour before postraining. it says to take 2 upon awaking then wait 45 minutes after eating. I am very busy and dont have the time to wait around or go to the gm, i relize that immedialty upon awaking its crucial to get food into the system for me. ill try to find out another way of taking them, or ill just take 2 before postraining. also i was testing the product, and i like it. ALSO IN ARNOLDS BOOK HE SAYD TO WEAR POSING TRUNKS, BOXERS, WHATEVER YOUR WEARING AT A CERTAIN LEVEL ON YOUR WAIST TO MAKE YOU LOOK MORE DEFINED . HE SAID IF HE WRORE HIS TOO HIGH HE LOOK LIKE HE WAS FAT AND TOO LOW IS WOULD LOOK NOT AS GOOD. Im expirementing with this and trying to find out what is the exact position where the clothes would go to make my abs look better. any sugesstions ? it might sound little but all these little things add to the big picture.

I have another challange. when i dont blow air out(a guy told me thats how you flex the abs, my obliques go out; however when i just flex and dont blow air out real hard to flex the abs my obliqus dont pop out. You will see my obliques popping out on these pics because i am blowing out real hard flexing them(even though there isnt a visable sign on a sixpack) any soltions to this?

I took some pics

I had a Killer Leg day i did warming, leg extensions and hamstring lying curls,did squats, Leg Press, and lying leg curls. Not as strong as some of you but im satifyed with my numbers. did a goodjob for my first time doing legs in 2 weeks.

postraining meal 2- dextose 50 carbs , 50 shake, ala, taurine 5 grams

45 mins later- CEE 5 grams and a protein shake and taaurine 5 grams 20 p

Next im goign to eat chicken breast , cabbage , and a sewet potatoe , apple

after this i m going to do low carb and eat ALL WHOLE MEALS ! because i ate a lot of protein shakes today

O i did a body fat math thing -from the Ed Byrd No2 transformation book my waist is 34.25 (thats after postrainoing meal and 1st meal) and i got 15.08% bf. Take a look at my pics taking today does this look accurate?

regardless im just going my the books method. and will not dibble dabble in a bunch

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow looks like ur really leaning out nicely. Good work.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woke up 3 grams alcar- meal 1 cherrios , blueberrys(40 c) 10 fish oil tabs(enteric coated- no fishy taste) , and a protein shake 40 p

then i took 1 st-ss prescription RX fat burner(this is my second day taking this product)

meal 2- nice sized sweet poatoe , small apple(good fuel before posttraining-50 c , broccoli, olive oil 15 f, half chicken and half tuna 50 p

took 2 ast-prescription RX fat burners before training

trained shoulders, and worked abs in bewteen sets. I did max-ot cardio on the stair stepper-intervew trainign GOD my legs are so sore....mainly from yesterday when i woke up this morning i can barley walk right- but its a good pain- i know whatever i did worked. I think i might concentrate on hams more,; althougb my upper hams are like cows i might focus on lower hams more. like the leg lyign heavy dumbbell curl.

postrainign meal - alcar and ala, waiting 5 minutes then dextose 40 carbs, 50 p, taurine 5 grams

30 later CEE 5 grams taurine 5 grams, and protein shake 15 grams p

30 later meal- chicken breast 40 p, 2 peices of wheat bread 20 c, 3 rice cakes 20 c, flaax oil 10 f

2 1/2 hours later meal- couple wheat crackers 10 c , tuna 40 p, natty peanut butter(this really seemed to make me feel full- the natty pb) 16 f

2 hours later cottege cheese 30 p, 6 ish oil tabs

also multi, saw palmetto, glucosamine, and maca

carbs-180 protein 265 fats-61 total cals 2300

im learning. and next time i want my cals on this day around 1000-1500. yesteday i did practically 0 car of the rest of my meals. I woke up and felt staved but i think that fat burner took care of appritate supression. tomorrow is back day , and trap day with cardio. i plan on attack my back hard and heavy. I also want to keep cals up since ill be trainign hard but not above 2500. - goal for tomorrow something like today cals

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
upper legs are sooo sore still. woke up in the middle of my sleep to pee and was gonna get a protein shake but my legs were killing me and i just went back to bed.

woke up- alcar 3 grams,, wait 5 mins meal 1 blueberry's , cherioes, banana 65 carbs- for fuel, 40 p, 10 flax oil

2 ast prescription Rx 45 mins before training

did back, started with traps on rack deadlifts went up to 465 on shrugs. then did t-bar rows(old skool) did 4 plates, then supersetted pulldowns with one - arm dumbell rows at 100 lbs i keopt getting 15 of these and still could have keot going. our gym dbs only goes to 105. then i did 2 sets of hyperextensions then the stair climber max-ot cardio for 16 mins alternating between speeds 5 and 6.

alcar 3 grams , ala 100 mgs -wait 5 mins the postraining meal 50 dextose, 50 p taurine 5 grams, CEE 5 grams

then a lil later i took one prescription RX pill

meal- Salad, Brown rice 60 c, salmon 40 p

meal chicken breast 40 p , 7 f, 6 fish oils, 1 peice of wheat toast 12 c, spinach

meal 3 wheat crackers - 6 c, salad, canned tuna 40 p, 8 fish oils

meal - hamburger patty 22 p, 8 f, 2 fish oils, cottege cheese 15 p

also multi, saw pal, glucasomine, and maca( i reduce maca to about a gram a day

daily total-- portein 245 carbs 190 fats 21 cals- 2,200- now tomorrow is calves only(ill also do abs in between) and i plan to take in 1, 500 cals. i also work at the club tomorrow night and have to do a lot of walkign arund if im bar bagging/ doing security(i do many jobs at once there) and i have to do heavy lifting, the trashcans full of beer over the dumpster and a lot of physical work-for about 7 hours strait- it tired me down more than training alone sometimes. i mean its hard work- make 10-15 bucks an hour but id rather sit outside (away from all the smoke and loud noise- although the girls are nice to flirt with and even hookup with- but its not productive to my goal) so im going to try to get on the golf cart and do the parking lot instead of working inside.less pay but the smoke and loud noise every weekend is annoying after a while.so tomorrow its low cal day and sunday i m working another job and that is some physical moving aorund and lifting light stuff but i plan to keep cals around 1500 on sunday also.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
nice work smeton!! I hear you those stairs are a *****:)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice work smeton!! I hear you those stairs are a *****:)
yeah i know today i woke up and could barely walk everytime i moved it was stiff, my hip regeion. after a few hours of moving around i was loose, its still sore and im going to bed soon, i think itll be sore a few days. when you dont move the area for a while it becomes stiff.

woke up alcar 3 grams meal 1 - cherrios blueberrys (40 c) protein shake 40 p, 10 fish oils

2 ast prescription RX tabs.

trained cALVES alone.

postraining ala 100 mgs and alcar 3 grams- waited 5 mins then... 15 carbs gatorade 3 grams CEE 5 grams taurine, 20 p -shake

ast-prescription rx 1 tablet

meal , tuna 40 p , olive oil red poatoes, 10 f, 30 c, broccoli

meal- 2 smaller chicken breast 50 p, broocoli, 3 rice cakes 21 c, flax oil 10 f

meal- 4 eggs(2 yolks) protein shake with taurine, melatonin for sleep(i have to get up earlier than usual tomorrow for work) (i worked the club tonight and moved around some, burnt some cals but no heavy work), 1 whole wheat waffle with butter and syrup , 40 p , 10 f, 20 c

meal - cottege cheese 30 p , 8 fish oils

multi, saw pal, maca 1 gram, glucosamine

daily total- protein- 220 carbs 126 fats 48

calories: 1, 716 and i did burn some at work(not heavy work but i did move around somewhat frequencly) i got my goal. tomorrow my goal is 1, 500 calories. also i work tomorrow not doing real intense work but enough to burn some calories. on a scale of 1-10 --3-4. depending on how busy it is. if its real busy 7 or 8 , but sundays its usually slow.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i had a protein shake in the middle of my sleep.OFF DAY

woke up alcar 3 grams then meal 1- cherrios, blueberries 40 c
protein shake 40 p 10 fish oil tabs- ate the protein and fish oil at work. had to go to work 30 mins after waking up- i was late

ast-ss 2 presciption rx pills

meal 2 , mango 20 c, sweet potatoe 25 c, broccoli, 2 salmon 40 p, 10 f

got off work -i burned some cals at work about a 3 on a scale of 1-10

meal 3- 3 rice cakes 21 c, apple 20 c, 2 small chicke breasts 50 p, 10 f

a took some stamia rx plls which contain yohimbine

meal 4- i didnt have a meal since i was having sex so i ate a mesotech bar 12 grams f, 25 p, 25 c

meal 5
2 whole eggs 12 p, 8 f wheat toast 10 c, 2 fish oils, and a protein shake 40 p CEe 5 grams

also burnt cals having sex for 3 hours in the back of my suv with no air.

total cals 1940- not what i wanted, but its ok. i get better with each mistake i make.also the three hours of hot sweating burnnt some cals so yeah that works.

also i was reading today in musclemag(the one with jay cutler on the frotn with the circled abs) that men who have sex 3 x's a week or more look on average 12 years younger than men who dont. WOW! another great reason to have sex more lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
woke up- 3 grams alcar waited 5 mins meal 1 - cheerios, 1/2 cup of blueberries 40 c, protein shake 40 p, 10 grams flax oil

2 ast-ss prescription rx pills

did chest, incline db press 3-4 warmup sets- 3 sets, machine chest press, tested strength i load 3 plates on each side on the incline machine press - almost got it once- if i recall when i was on superdrol in april and weighed 220 i got it 7 times. also i was burnt out. ill try it fresh to test strength sometime. or just do bench press. dumbell flys with 60 lbs good strech and i didnt focus on the weight i focused on how much tension hit my muscles.Strength actually has not decreased much. and i dropped 15 lbs im at 205. and was 212 about 3 weeks ago.I then did max-ot cardio for 16 mins on the stair climber...i went to 7 on the interview but had to go down lower but i did it for a good 5 mins. tomorrow ill beat that.

ala 100 mgs, alcar 3 grams, ....5 mins.....50 dextose, 40 protein shake, taurine 5 grams Cee 5 grams

1 ast pill

meal- Lean Beef 94/6 (organic all grass feed cows, no anabolics , antibotics or growth hormone0 my mom buys it) whole wheat pasta 40 c, 8 grams fat, broccoli

i then took about a 1/2 mile walk with my dog

meal- 2 small chicken breast 45 p, 8 f, salad, small red potatoe 25 c

meal- tuna 40 p, cream of mushroom 1/2 caan of soup 15 c, 10 fish oils

meal- 4 eggs (2 yolks) 1 peice of wheat toast 10 c, cottege cheese 40 p, 8 f

total protein 245 carbs 180 fat 44 total cals - 2,100

my goal tomorrow is to take in plenty of fiber and lower carbs. Thats the number one gola-lower carbs and to beat my stair climber time. also to hit the abs hard first thing. then proceed to atack the biceps.

7/4/06

woke up alcar 3 grams...cherios cherrioes, blueberries 35 carbs, 10 fish oil tabs, 40 p shake

meal - 2 lean beef hamburger pattys 40 p, 12 f, small sweet potatoe,wheat roll- 40 c, broccoli,

trained abs, biceps , forarms..did swimming in my parents pool for cardio.

postraining- 35 dextose, 40 p, ala 100 mgs, alcar 3grams, CEE 5 grams

meal- 2 small chicken breast 35 p, 3 rice cakes, 21 c, natty peanut butter 15 f

meal- 2 peices wheat toast , 2 salmon 20 c, 40 p 10 f

meal- cottege cheese 40 p, 7 fish oil tabs

totals- protein 205 carbs 151 fat 47 - cals- 1,850

my goal is to up the protein to at least 250 plus.

tomorrow is leg day so ill eat more cals and carbs

and on lower carb day i want to up the fat. im talking like 100 carbs on lower days.

my weight:206 its happening very slowly. I bumped ast-ss prescription Rx to 4 pills daily. so the supplements im using are these and 6 grams alcar daily. and fish oil i try to take in at least 10 fish oils dailt and sometimes get in 15-20. also remember that the ingredidents in salmon contain epa(very important for perserving muscle), dha, and ala(alpha linoic acid-not alpha lipoic) so its basically the same, which have fat burning properties.

also awesome article i learned a lot Testosterone Nation - The Low-Carb Roundtable, Part I theres also a part 2 to it at the end of the page

Charles Poliquin: Compliance and results dictate how well you'll do in the strength coaching business. I've learned a lot from Mauro DiPasquale about how to cycle carbs. In a nutshell, for most (but not all) individuals, I like this approach:

First phase (initiation): 14 days low-carb, one day off completely

Second phase: As needed to reach goal

I have the client use a 4:1 ratio for as long as needed. That is, four days low-carb, one day off. "Off" is a broad term. The leaner you are, the more you can eat carbs. At 6% you can go crazy.

Every fifth day you should go back to eating more good carbs, as oxidation of branch-chain amino acids is compromised on low-carb diets. The amount of good carbs is inversely proportional to your percentage of body fat.

If they're fat, the client only has the single cheat meal, at dinner, where he or she can eat as many carbs as they want — once they've eaten their protein. If their ass leaves the table, the carb intake is done for the day.

Carbs at dinner doesn't mean that cookies and donuts can be eaten in front of the television all night long. It's important that the cheat meal is at the dinner table; people can eat far more carbs for a longer time in front of the TV. You may start to add a second cheat meal once you hit 8% body fat.

so first get the low bodyfat then when you get it you can eat more carbs and still have the low bodyfat(he said like maybe, he wasgiving a breif estimate example, you can eat 250 carbs a day for a 200 lbs man) he said 200 coming postraining(up to a few hours postraining) and 50 around other times of the day.BUT THE FIRST STEP IS TO GET THE LOW BODYFAT LEVELS.how do u do this? Low carb 4 days than 5th day maybe a cheat meal or two(good sources of carbs)

Charles Poliquin: A lot of people are kidding themselves about how many carbs they need. "Man, I need my carbs." Yeah, right! What you need to realize is that there's a difference between a mouth and a vacuum.

It should be more "low-carb lifestyle" than "low-carb diet." Forty to fifty grams per day of good carbs is plenty for most of the population. That is why there are so many fat dieticians and personal trainers. I recently saw a former author of this site at a nutrition conference. He's a legend in his own mind for his dietary counseling prowess and a record holder of never healing weight training injuries.

Look at him, and his physique will you tell that he has never met a carb he didn't like! In my usual diplomatic style, I put an end to his endless diatribe by asking Porky Pig the following three questions:

1) "Enlightened grand master, if you're such a fine nutritionist, how come you have more chins than Chinatown and that you get harpooned when you go swimming?"

2) "Have you ever considered that the number of never healing injuries you brag about are caused by the inflammatory response subsequent to your enormous carb intake?"

3) "If you're never going to stop eating Doritos, could you please call TC and me the night before so we can shore up the supply?"

Can you name this nutrition guru?

In fact, the only way this pestering motor mouth will ever get lean is to limit his carb intake to ten licks of a dried prune... spread throughout the day.

One needs to distinguish the difference between carbs and "neo-carbs." Neo-carbs were not accessible to cavemen. Did a caveman have access to donuts? No. Donuts are neo- carbs. Did a caveman have access to pasta? No. Did a caveman have access to raspberries? Yes, raspberries are allowable carbs, except in the initiation phase.

Nutrient timing makes a difference, too. I think a lean 200-pound man can keep his leanness eating 250 grams of carbs a day, if 200 of them are taken post-workout and the other 50 grams spread throughout the day in low glycemic carbs. Remember, I said "stay lean," not getlean. Get lean first if you want to eat carbs. The leaner you are, the more carbs you can eat.

Some more closing thoughts? Here you go:

No one eats enough vegetables. Have you ever heard on anybody having a binge on brussel sprouts?

I don't believe in counting calories. It's a waste of time.

You can dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. Recently, in Toronto, I gave 16 hours of info on that topic alone. There are plenty of nutraceuticals (i.e. R-form stabilized alpha-lipoic acid, not the useless racemic form that everybody sells), and botanicals that will improve insulin sensitivity, and there are functional tests that can determine which ones would work best for you. Insulin sensitivity and the ability to hypertrophy while leaning out are strongly correlated, more so than androgen output.

Finally, low-carb fats without a high intake of smart fats is suicidal. That's probably why many people fail to have results on low-carb programs.

ive been readimg Charles Poliquin's stuff and i am going to use his carn cycling, insulin control , diet stuff to assist in acheiving my 6-pack. Good stuff!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok im basically going to stop counting carbs and just go with what i know, and the knoweldge i acquire. I like Charles Poliquin's stuff and will use it. Ill keep updating my log with pictures. and if i think its a good idea to post what i eat etc then i ll post it. but as of now im taking in 50 carbs(good sources) during the day and 120 postrainign 170 total. and ill keep dropping to even just 100 a day (or whatever it takes) to get my sexy sixpack.

also im trying a strength training program. My strength isnt suffering at all, in fact it seems to be increasing. Im taking CEE , alcar 6 grams daily(i might lower the dose to 3-4 on some days- i realy feel alcar gives me a boost-stimulates dopamine or acyle or some kind of levels i read) also i think the ast-ss prescription RX is nice. Cardio is coming along nicely and my endurance is increasing, what was hard 2 weeks ago ,is now a lot easier.Im lifting heavy and increasing the weights each time-even if its 2 1/2 lbs or an extra rep. also another goal is to beat my intervew record , which is going a long nicely.The music section is awesome...i listen to hardcore, metal rock when i lift..it gets me pumped...and techno when i do cardio for an energy boost.I feel really good. knowledge is power and causes one to feel good when properly aplied.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
looks like your getting closer. GOOD WORK> do you know your bf% now?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks like around the same maybe a little lower. Ive been cutting carbs . so every 4th day ill have a GOOD CARB day- note this doesnt mean a cheat day or eat a peice of chocolate cake day- all carb sources will come from yams, whole wheat pasta, red potaoe, wheat bread, brown rice, rice cakes, Veggies and fruit. Im eating a lot of veggies. I had one higher carb day in wedesday leg day probally like 350 carbs who knows i didnt keep track, anyways here is todays totals

woke up...alcar 4 grams......breakfast 1/2 cup cherrioes 15 carbs, 1/4 cup blueberrys 10 carbs, peice of wheat toast- total 35 carbs, 3 whole eggs,2 whites - 25 protein. 15 fat

ast-ss prescription RX 2 tablets

trained back, traps and did max-ot cardio. I did a shock routine of endless pullups wide and nrrow grip, and chinups, narrow grip. then i only did a few sets of barbell shrugs/ rack deads, went up to 405 with straps.could have gone higher but i didnt feel the energy today o well tomorrow another day..maybe i need to change trainign music. or need to relax more

postraining ala 100 mgs- dextose 50 carbs, 20 protein shake
CEe 5 grams with about 10 carbs of strawberry kiwi juice

2 more ast-ss presciption RX pills

an hour later- 30 carbs strawberry kiwi juice, 20 protein

hour and a half later- whole wheat pasta - 30 carbs, special grass Feed lean beef 45 protein and 8 grams fat, cabbage

2 hours later cabbage, 2 salmon 40 protein, 8 fat, 5 wheat crackers- 10 carbs

2 hours later- 3 servings of low fat cottege cheese 40 protein,15 carbs(i might have to switch to no fat)8 fat 4 fish oil tabs- 12 fat

daily totals in " protein-190 (too low) Carbohydrates 178 WAY TOO HIGH RIGHT NOW! fats 45 - Too low

total cals-1885 well you live u learn right- the carbs were way too high for what i wanted, the proteij too low and the fats semi- low.

analying- i think im reducing the fat burners to 3 a day. that could have brought up cortisol. I relize that is EXTREMELY important to keep my stress levels low and get as close as i can to 8 hours of sleep a night. If someone gives me trouble avoid them like the mad cow decease.That goes for guys, girls(even relationships) , whatever- i must keep my calm cool and collected attitude toward life because cortisol levels will rise and that is detremental to the results i want. also changing your lifestyle to fast can result in increased cortisol levels(which will cause one to store fat as fast as you can say I) so i must chill and have interesting, good fun time and feel good.

I weigh 207 now ..and bodyfat seems to come down some. I have 2 more weeks to get a sixpack and that my goal. Im going to give it all i can. If i dont get the sixpack im 2 weeks ill set another goal date for the sixpack(remember i set the goal for a 6 pack at about 15 % bodyfat only a month ago)

ive been thinking of trying the high fat high protein low carb diet- any one acheived a 6-pack using this?

also on this diet do i take in fast acting carbs postraining?

ive been doing max-ot cardio 16 mins 5 times a week

this is what my training looks like max-ot style i like to train heavy.
min- chest, cardio
tues- abs, biceps, cardio
wednesday quad or hams or visa. cardio
thures- shoulders, tris, cardio
friday, back, traps, cardio- also did ab work today at home and 2nd time at the gym
saturday- calves

im doing abs twice a week as i dotn feel the need to do more. i have the sixpack i can feel it but cant see it. it is underneath fat. and also i was doing ab work today on a bench and iit looked like a sixpack in the mirrow but it was only fat brunched together but i swear it looked like it. im so ready to have my sexy sixpack.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back off on the fruits abit except for post-workout, you may have to drop dairy also.. I'll read thru and see what we got, and I'll critique abit more.. ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back off on the fruits abit except for post-workout, you may have to drop dairy also.. I'll read thru and see what we got, and I'll critique abit more.. ;)
so i can put fruit (or fruit juice- if i want) in the place of DExtose postraining ?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Grapefruit juice postworkout would work.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grapefruit juice postworkout would work.
any juice full of antioxiandants(mainly vit c) would work wouldnt they?

like pure cherry juice , pinapple juice, apple juice, pear juice, blueberry juice, banana juice, coconut juice, or grapefruit juice?

do you recommend grapefruit juice because grapefruits (as ive heard from my grandmom since i was a child) help lose weight? does grapefruit juice aid in losing weight more so than the other juices, or is it just a general recommendation?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With the juices, you get plenty of sugar so the dextrose isn't needed..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With the juices, you get plenty of sugar so the dextrose isn't needed..
Awesome ive already learned something new.Now do i neeed to get pure juices or can stuff like OJ or OJ w/ strawberry banana do since they have citric acid in them?

I have heard somewhere that citrid acid isnt the best thing for the stomach , and may mess with creatine absorption or soemthing about citric acid; however i could be wrong.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my last re-feed day was wednesday. since then i have been keeping calories low. I read today that cals need to be at least 2500 but guess what im doing this intill i get a sixpack then ill refine and bump up cals.yesterday i totally forgot to take my fat burner ...and i took 2 caps today and whoa! caffine and green tea and whatever else metabolism prescription RX by ast-ss must be a stimulant. i read in a mag today that caffine can be addictive and when u come off, come off slowly because withdrawals are common. its a drug- dont kid yourself

in the middle of lAsT NIGHT I GOT UP AND ATE A banana and probally like 30-40 carbs of rice cakes. then about an hour of two later i was frustarted because i binged so i drank a 40 g protein shake.

woke up....alcar 5 grams .....peice of wheat bread 10 cs, 40 grams turkey, 12 grams fat

ast-ss 2 pills

meal- chicken breasts 40 p, olive oil 15 f, cabbage, and 8 wheat crackers 15 carbs

meal- 1 whole eggs, 1 egg white 2 peices wheat bred, 30 grams turkey, cabbage- carbs 20, protein 40, fat 15

meal- 2 tablespoons natty pb 16 f, 2 cups milk 30 shake- 40 p, 20 carbs from milk, broccoli, creatine mono- didnt take the cee5 grams

meal-low fat cottege cheese 40 p, 7 fat, 15 carbs 4 fish oil tabs

ok i didnt lift today- todays my only day not working a bodypart--im happy with my progress today(although oprotein may be a lil low; ive heard Robby robinson say in an article on your days off from lifting protein can be slightly lower- but anyways here are the results) protein 200 grams carbs 80 grams fats 62 grams total Calories- 1,678

im impressed with taking in only 1,678 cals today(and i did work and did some moderate moving around, walking around, outting movies back on shelves) anyways i only took in 80 carbs today thats a goal record! YESSSS

also i reflected this morning ...on me eating the banana and rice cakes last night...and taught my brain that the sixpack is worth it. if im hungry in the middle of a slumber sleep- just get a shake and go back to bed. Tomorrow is chest day and i could refed myself but id rather just wait intill tuesday to eat a normal amount of carbs- 4,000 cals all clean eating no JUNK,. this refed day does not mean one single cheat meal or cheat food, it means just that- all clean eating but like twards the 4,000 cal mark

tomorrow is chest and cardio and ill get though it.

also the fat burner if im not mistaken helps with food cravings.

n wedbesday im really going to refed . I going to eat like a whole cu of cheerios, 1/2 cup of blueberries. a banana for breakfast. mmmmm apples, fruits, the works i cant wait. Mental discipline baby! lets see how tough i am mentally and see if i can do it...well see if i can do it. and yes it has to be this way for me to get results! and its worth it

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Be careful, your body will do everything it can to adapt to change and sometimes by trying to speed things up you can slow things down a lot. It's better to be patient and take it slow and steady, make changes along the way to fool your body etc.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome ive already learned something new.Now do i neeed to get pure juices or can stuff like OJ or OJ w/ strawberry banana do since they have citric acid in them?

I have heard somewhere that citrid acid isnt the best thing for the stomach , and may mess with creatine absorption or soemthing about citric acid; however i could be wrong.
Citric acid breaks down creatine real quick.. If possible, get the juices as pure and natural as possible..

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've found that for killing appetite during the evening Camphibolic by USP Labs has been an absolute godsend. It may be worth looking into.

I agree with what's been posted previously on taking your time when trying to cut bodyfat. It's very easy to sacrifice lean mass when cutting on too low of a calorie intake, and it'll only serve to slow your metabolism as well. To achieve the sixpack you're after takes some amount of time, I started cutting 13 weeks ago at a similar bodyfat level, and am just now starting to clearly see my abdominals. I've been losing just over 1 pound of fat per week, and by caliper measurements I've gained a tiny amount of lean mass. I've been surprised by how much fat I actually had on me, based on how long I've been cutting for already.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I seem to be able to cut up to an 8 pack from 13-14% body fat to 11% in about 4 weeks. I use swimming/Zol/TRN works perfect. Add in some AMP.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful, your body will do everything it can to adapt to change and sometimes by trying to speed things up you can slow things down a lot. It's better to be patient and take it slow and steady, make changes along the way to fool your body etc.
thanks! also big pete fox-thanks for the juice clarifaction!

i was goign to go low cal today but that makes logical sense and im going to watch what i eat...and eat very clean but not go too low. ill go around 1,500 cals when i think my body can handle it. i had a 40 gram shake in the middle of sleep last night.I weighed in at 204 today-6ft3

i took some pics upon awaking....