My Quest for a sixpack

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks! also big pete fox-thanks for the juice clarifaction!

i was goign to go low cal today but that makes logical sense and im going to watch what i eat...and eat very clean but not go too low. ill go around 1,500 cals when i think my body can handle it. i had a 40 gram shake in the middle of sleep last night.I weighed in at 204 today-6ft3

i took some pics upon awaking....

Leaning out very nicely. Keep up the good work.
:bb:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went shopping today in wal-mart to look at all the juices and most of them have either citus acid or ascorbic acid(vit c), now i thought all acids are not that great for creatine absorption and not that great for postraining all together.

I looked at a juice blnder(50 $) and may just buy that and make my own juice out of fruits.

does anyone know if citus acid or ascorbic acid(vit c) or any acids are ok postraining or otherwsie during the day?

and also since the juices already made are concentrate , does anyone know any alternatives that the juices are pure?

which reminds me, i would think oranges would have citric acid in them? or any other fruits?

man some good necturine juice sounds good right now. lol

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was browsing over at T-mag and came across an article that may interest you, as it pertains to maximum fatloss in a very short period of time.

Testosterone Nation - The Get Shredded Diet

Even the diet outlined in the article still recommends starting out at 10*bodyweight for calorie intake. I'd have a helluva time staying that low on calories for weeks at a time, but nevertheless it may be of interest to yourself.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was browsing over at T-mag and came across an article that may interest you, as it pertains to maximum fatloss in a very short period of time.

Even the diet outlined in the article still recommends starting out at 10*bodyweight for calorie intake. I'd have a helluva time staying that low on calories for weeks at a time, but nevertheless it may be of interest to yourself.
Yeah T nation seems like the place for the fat loss diet.I m doing something similar and ill keep using it. When i dont see results fast enough ill use this. Ill do whatever it takes to get a sixpack if it measn doing this diet .

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

10-15 carbs a day is very low. Now i have a question- are the fast acting carbs postraining EXcluded? or is he saying that you dont take in no fast acting xcarbs postraining . and just take the bcaa;s and creatine?

im not a member of t-nation and was just interested if you know?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
No carbs post training, just the BCAAs and creatine. Might be fun for a minute! Looks pretty brutal to me, but if you get stuck something similar may be worth a try.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday and today i did a normal carb day. i did watch what i ate ...and i ate 100 % clean. Im not going to count but im estimating 2500- 3000 cals. tomorrow is Leg day and im ready! im going to go low carb tomorrow. A good idea is to go low carb for a couple days then well see what goes from there. Thanks for all the support guys i really appeciate you guys.

i like this article and will Utilize it.ithttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par32.htm

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CKD or Ultimate Diet 2.0 would've been the key.. I wouldn't go 10g carbs ED unless I was doing a show that weekend, and only for 3 days tops..

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Eric Cressey wrote a good article about periodizing your diet on T-nation. check it out.

Basso, hows the comp coming? you going to be able to take it from me? I'll let you know you have one advantage, I can;t seem to keep away from the booze on friday and saturday but my lifts are still increasing

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Eric Cressey wrote a good article about periodizing your diet on T-nation. check it out.

Basso, hows the comp coming? you going to be able to take it from me? I'll let you know you have one advantage, I can;t seem to keep away from the booze on friday and saturday but my lifts are still increasing
I'm doing a log so you guys can try and catch me, I figured it was only fair, otherwise it would be like taking candy from a baby:icon_lol:

Good luck Smeton, have you logged your diet? fitday.com makes it pretty easy.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing a log so you guys can try and catch me, I figured it was only fair, otherwise it would be like taking candy from a baby:icon_lol:

Good luck Smeton, have you logged your diet? fitday.com makes it pretty easy.
wjhat do u mean logged my diet?

isnt that what im doing on here?

and yes i know im not posting every single detail ...but i dotn have time-just the basics and ill continue to do so intill my sixpack is acheived.My small goal is my about a week and a half to have 12 % bodyfat im at 13- 15 right now i dotn exactly know but ill do the measurement thing when the time comes

and i know this isnt mentioned much or at all on message boards when when i get up (or certain times of the day) my waist has measured 34 (not 34. 25) and when bloated it has measured 35-like late at night before i go to bed. now all the fitness models waist flucuate and they are on the cover in there upmost PEAK condition, obvious but true.just wanted to point out the obvious!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I was just saying fitday makes it pretty fast and painless to log your diet if you want to try to get a more accurate picture of your intake. Just trying to help!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just saying fitday makes it pretty fast and painless to log your diet if you want to try to get a more accurate picture of your intake. Just trying to help!
Thanks bro i appreciate it
:stick: :djparty: :donut: <----he looks yummy doesnt he...

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been holding out on the 2 cookie samples that I have. It's been very hard at times not to make them, but I'm saving them for a special treat at some point. I've been cutting for 14 weeks with no cheats, that's gotta be a record for myself.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday was a low carb- moderatly low calorie day.
today and tomorrow are low carb. i think the fat burner pills(ast-ss metabolism perscription RX) actually work for supressing appetiate. Ok

today-alcar 3 grams ..meal- 1/2 cherrioes 1/4 cup blueberries-at the most 25 carbs, whey shake 40 p, 11 fish oil pills

meal- sweet potato- 20 carbs, huge chicken breast40-50 p, about 2/5 of a hass avacoda 15fat,

ast-ss metabolism perscription RX

Trained Shoulders and Triceps

15 grams honey, 30 gadorade- 45 grams...4- protein ala 100 mgs CEE 5 grams(the cee is almost out and ill switch to creatine mono- also the next time i order i think i might order the CEE capsules because ive heard the cee powder is not good for your teeeth - rots enameal off- my journey with CEe has been fair- nothign big but it sems to work) Taurine 5 grams

meal- special grass feed lean beef- no steroids or antibotices 96/4 45 proetin 8 fat, brown rice 30 carbs

meal- Tuna 40p, 8 wheat crackers 15 carbs, 11 fish oils(i got the extra strength fish oils with extra epa and dha or whatever- really not worth it unless u have extra oney to spend IMHO)

meal-Chicken Breast 40 p, 3/5 avacoda 20 fat

I might eat another meal of cottege cheese and flax or olive oil if i dont go to sleep soon

I ordered Tridenosen H . Its a 30 money back guartee. Its supposed to be compared to winny or anavar but how can it be that strong with NO STEROIDIAL SIDE EFFECTS. does that mean no hornone sides? it better or ill be piised for life at that co for flase advertising. you can look it up, and i asked the guy if it was so popular how come its not on the forums. he said its trademark or owned or somethign or another. I paid a handsome sum for a 5 week supply. 5 days on 2 days off. anyways i ordered from this same company 2-3 yars ago and bought a * as advertised* a special german creatine like no other, designed to give mass and strength increases by 555%. well i took it and after day 26(had a 30 day guartee) i told them it didnt work no different than any other creatine and they returned my money.I am high suspicious of this compound and been researching it to see if it has any sides(aka dht buildup...or any toxid issues) i havnt found no info because its not on the internet. Hell they didnt even klist the indrigents so i wrote the company and asked them to tell me how it works, what in it that works so well, etc..and im going to email Patrick Arnold there answer(if they send one) Patrick has always replied to my emails - when his inbox isnt full. anyways tomorrow is low carb- cal day and ill bump up the carbs on saturday(all clean of course- fruits yummm)O and a avacodo is a fruit.

Daily totals(so far if i dont eat another protein-fat meal-

protein 255 grams carbs 135(a lil high but ok) btw please critque but be positive ok fats-60

total cals 2,100 wow im full! and this isnt bad. still though i might have to go lower as the bodyfat comes off more- ill do it when i get to that road. anyways im proud another day another successful day! One successful day makes a successful day . 7 successful days make a successful week, 52 successful weekd make a sucessful year 10 successful years make a successful decade. Im glad i finally got inspritaed to rid my body of fat once and for all and seeing my abs is right around the corner i just have to take it one day at a time and do what works.

Big pete fox anything you see that i can make changes in?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That seems like an unusually high amount of fish oil you are consuming, particularly if it contains a higher concentration of epa/dha. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if memory serves all you need is 2-3 grams of combined epa/dha for good results.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
That seems like an unusually high amount of fish oil you are consuming, particularly if it contains a higher concentration of epa/dha. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if memory serves all you need is 2-3 grams of combined epa/dha for good results.
not correcting you but everything I've seen says around 9g's a day, although I only take in 4-6g's. Anyone got some scientific backing on proper dosing??

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been holding out on the 2 cookie samples that I have. It's been very hard at times not to make them, but I'm saving them for a special treat at some point. I've been cutting for 14 weeks with no cheats, that's gotta be a record for myself.
yeah bro if you really been dieting HARD for 14 weeks strait id take a week or two break on the cutting diet.by no means that doesnt mean eat sloppy but just take a break for a week or two-IF youve been dieting hardcore for 14 weeks strait.

itll give you a mental boost and then when your week or two are up youll feel like you have to make up for it, and dive right into the cutting again. make sense?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In short Epa is the oil responable for the best muscle gains and very anti-catabloic with a whole list of benefits included in this article by Paul Cribb. (i email him and he assists me) also i emailed him about the Tri-H i ordered and he said dotn even borth taking it , get your money back. I canceled my order. Now im not taking orders from him but i do trust his knoweldge and have been reading his stuff for years. I think he knows what hes talking about because every time i use his stuff it seems to work.------------------------------

ok heres the research ------------------------

So far in this series of reports I’ve presented the science on some research-proven strategies that will enable you to build more muscle and recover faster from intense exercise. Not only are these strategies shown in research to be very effective, they’re straight forward and easy to implement. Along this line, in this article I’m going to tell you about a powerful anabolic compound that has been completely overlooked by the bodybuilding experts and supplement companies. Not only is this naturally-occurring compound an incredibly effective, research-proven muscle builder, it’s safe, inexpensive and shown to provide an array of other health benefits that will help you build a lean, muscular physique.

A net gain in muscle mass can only occur by reducing protein breakdown or stimulating protein synthesis rates. The nutrient I’m going to talk about here is the only non-pharmaceutical agent shown in research to block the major pathway that leads to muscle breakdown. A nutrient that can block muscle breakdown is virtually unheard of. Remember, preventing or minimizing muscle breakdown during intense resistance training is incredibly important; it’s half the battle won in terms of speeding recovery and gaining muscle mass.

However, as I mentioned before, this compound also promotes other factors that are integral to achieving a lean, healthy, muscular physique. These include; better fat metabolism, increased insulin sensitivity, reduced inflammation and protection against heart disease. Some of you may have guessed by now that I’m talking about the omega-3 essential fats. However, although the omega-3s in general are essential for optimal health, there is one particular type of omega-3 that is extremely important to bodybuilders and strength athletes.

Based on the research, it appears as though this particular omega-3 has incredible potential as a bodybuilding nutrient. It exerts its powerful effects at the genetic level by down-regulating the expression of certain genes that control key regulatory components that lead to the breakdown of muscle. Quite simply, this particular omega-3 actually blocks the molecular pathway that results in excessive muscle breakdown.

This particular omega-3 is the only non-pharmaceutical agent shown in research to block the major pathway which leads to muscle breakdown.

What are omega-3s?

Omega-3s are so important to health as they form vital components within the phospholipid membrane of every muscle cell. All cells, particularly muscle cells need oxygen and efficient transportation of macronutrients (carbs, protein, fats) so they can function and perform at optimum levels. Omega-3 fatty acids form essential components with membrane structures that allow the transportation of oxygen and other essential nutrients into cells and the transfer of waste products (like carbon dioxide) out of cells.1

A muscle cell without omega-3 is like a house without windows or doors— it wouldn’t take long for things to get pretty funky in there with no air able to get in or out. Retarded nutrient transport means that cells can’t function properly, they regenerate poorly and die quicker. Peak performance is an impossibility. Most of the population, including athletes are deficient in omega-3 fats. 2

Like all dietary fats, omega-3 fatty acids are chains of carbon atoms held together with single and some double chemical bonds. It’s the double bonds that provide the unique shape and biological function of the essential fat. 3 The location and number of these bonds determine the shape of the molecule and how the body uses it. In an omega-3 fat, the first and most important double bond is on the third carbon atom from the end. Omega means end or last, hence the name omega-3.

An essential fat is identified by the number of carbon atoms it contains. There are three main types of omega-3 fats, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), and LA (linolenic acid). EPA and DHA are the marine omega-3s found in fish.3 LA is found mainly in plant oils and flaxseeds.4 EPA and DHA have 20 and 22 carbon atoms, respectively, and are sometimes grouped as long-chain omega-3 fats. LA has 18 carbon atoms and forms the backbone from which all other essential fatty acids such as EPA and DHA can be synthesized, LA is sometimes referred to as a short-chain omega-3. Marketing claims have caused a lot of confusion about these omega-3s; what they do and cannot do as well as whether or not one might provide more health benefits than another.

Due to their importance in cell membrane structure, both EPA and DHA are essential for proper brain function (after I finish this article I’m going to eat a whale!) As I mentioned previously, both EPA and DHA form vital components within cell membranes that allow insulin to transport nutrients into cells.8 Although the body can and does make both of these compounds from the LA skeleton, this enzyme-driven process declines with age. Therefore, anyone over 25 years of age that is concerned with peak fitness needs to give this research some serious consideration.

The benefits

Both EPA and DHA form key components of cell membranes within the brain and the retina (eyes). Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory effects, high levels of EPA are shown to enhance heart health by maintaining elasticity of cardio tissue such as the heart and arteries. 7 EPA in particular appears to help the heart beat in a strong and healthy way and avoid the chaotic arrhythmias that stop the heart beating altogether. In essence, EPA ensures efficient heart function so that this key organ will last longer.3

In terms of cardiovascular health, both EPA and DHA omega-3s appear to be very important. Scientists aren’t sure whether one is better than the other. Therefore, to ensure cardiovascular health, just make sure you get plenty of both. Eating fish and supplementing with fish oil capsules should provide enough of these omega-3s to promote cardiovascular health. However, for building muscle and promoting faster recovery from intense exercise, one of these omega-3s stands alone in terms of the benefits it provides.

Powerful anti-catabolic

Based on the research, EPA appears to be an incredibly powerful anti-catabolic within muscle. This means that EPA prevents excessive breakdown of muscle proteins. One important reason why EPA is so effective at reducing muscle tissue breakdown is that it down-regulates the expression of the genes that control key regulatory components of the major pathway that leads to contractile protein break down in muscle. EPA effectively blocks the molecular pathway that results in excessive muscle breakdown.6-9

EPA is the only nutrient shown in research to ‘deactivate’ the major molecular pathway of breakdown within muscle; the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway. Scientists have discovered that the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway is “up-regulated” (activated) in clinical illnesses that cause muscle wasting such as cancer and HIV. Increased activity of this pathway leads to excessive muscle degradation and loss of muscle mass.6 However, this pathway also appears to be activated during periods of calorie restriction.7 To build a lean, muscular physique, a calorie-restricted diet is mandatory. Competitive bodybuilders and athletes that compete in weight classes understand how difficult it is to preserve valuable muscle while restricting calories.

EPA effectively inhibits the major pathway of muscle destruction by reducing proteasome activity. It attenuates the increased expression of 26S proteasome subunits and the p42 regulator. These proteasomes are intimately involved in the destruction of contractile proteins.7 You don’t need to concern yourself with the biochemical technicalities. Just remember that EPA’s powerful anti-catabolic effects work directly at the molecular level to save your hard earned muscle mass.

Reduce inflammation, improve insulin sensitivity and fat metabolism

For bodybuilders, the benefits of EPA don’t stop there. As an active ingredient within fish oil, EPA is one of few compounds shown in research to reduce inflammation within muscle and connective tissue.10 Overtraining and chronic joint pain are attributed to excessive inflammation within these tissues that is caused by intense exercise training. A reduction in tissue inflammation (and muscle damage) provides the athlete with a big head start in terms of recovery.

The cornerstone of building a lean physique is healthy insulin metabolism. With efficient control of insulin, anyone can literally shift their physiology permanently towards better gains in muscle mass and fat utilization. In this respect, dietary components that improve insulin metabolism are a huge advantage. Supplementation with omega-3 fats containing a high dose of EPA has been shown recently to promote an insulin-sensitizing effect in healthy people.11 This is a key aspect of improving insulin efficiency. It’s also a very important finding as EPA was previously thought to promote this benefit only in people with insulin abnormalities (people with symptoms of type-2 diabetes). Now, it appears as though EPA can improve insulin function in the muscle cells of healthy people.11

Omega-3 fats such as EPA enhance fat metabolism (oxidation) during exercise. The results of a recent study suggest that regular use of fish oil containing a high ratio of EPA significantly increased fat oxidation during exercise.12 Fat oxidation is the technical term scientists use for ‘fat burning’. Therefore, not only does EPA prevent excessive muscle breakdown and reduce tissue inflammation, it also appears to improve insulin metabolism and promote better fat loss during exercise training. I can’t think of another dietary supplement shown in clinical research to provide so many important advantages for building a lean, healthy, muscular physique.

Only one draw back

The only draw back is that a rather high dose of EPA is required to achieve these effects, in particular, this compound's powerful anti-catabolic effect. At least two grams of EPA per day may be required to achieve this effect.8 Consider that your average fish oil capsule only contains about 180 milligrams of EPA. Do the math and you’ll be swallowing at least 12 capsules of fish oil everyday to obtain the bare minimum amount thought to promote this anti-catabolic effect.

The gastric reflux effects of swallowing this amount of fish oil capsules every single day have some rather unpleasant repercussions. If you don’t know what I mean, take 12-15 caps of fish oil, half an hour later stand near someone when you inevitably belch. Be sure to stare straight ahead, pokerfaced as their expression turns from a look of surprise to complete disgust as they get a whiff of your new dietary habit. If you have to work within an environment that requires frequent interaction with clients and colleagues, just watch as your little ‘fish oil fetish’ becomes apparent and turns you into the office outcast. Not to mention how thrilled your partner will be with your new odor (as if you didn’t produce enough already!)

Due to its powerful effects on muscle breakdown, tissue inflammation, insulin sensitivity and fat oxidation, EPA is going to emerge as one of the most important dietary compounds in biomedical research.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
woke up in middle of sleep had a 40 gram protein shake

woke up- 2 peices wheat bread 20 carbs, 4 eggs 1 yolk- 2-3 peices bacon 30 protein, 20 fat

alcar 3 grams, ast-ss metabolism prescription rx 2 capsules

postraining- honey water 50 grams, 50 protein, Taurine 5 grams
Cee 5 grams ala 100 mgs

meal- grass fed lean beef 45 protein, 8 fat,salad,wheat roll 20 carbs

meal-chicken breast 40 p, 5 crackers, ricecalke 15 carbs,broccoli, olive oil7 grams- 2 extra strength fish oil, lil bit of natty peanut butter- total fat 15

meal- oysters 8 f, 12 protein, tuna fish 40 protein, 3 extra strength fish oil tabs-52 p, 11 fat

of course my multi vitaman, saw palmetto and glucasmine

daily total protein 257 carbs 105 fats 54-total calories-1,936

wow ! i dont feel it at all. hopefully i didnt get up last night and eat rice cakes...i dont think i did..nd dont really remember. My mom said i didnt . hopefully i didnt. anyways i dont feel hugry at all and did around 2,000 cals today which is pretty low. onething id like to improve is lowerr my carbs to about 80 on low days(just a rough estimate)and increase fat to about 70(again just a rough estimate)

anyways tomorrow is a high carb day and i plan to take in about 50 carbs a meal. ill eat fruits and of course ill eat all clean.NO CHEAT MEALS FOR ME.MAYBE AFTER A MONT OR TWO I CAN BUT NOT NOW BECAUSE IM NOT SATIFYED.

my friend has been monitoring my progress and he made a comment that i looked leaner than last week, he also knows im cutting. I dont notice it much but i do notice i feel lighter and the fat is VERY SLOWLY coming off the waist. and i was flexing today and my muscles were looking more defined, esp the chest area.

ive been thinking of getting some argibne alpha ketogluate and stacking it with the cee. and also some tribex Gold. Tribulus worked for me about 2 years ago. and its also side effect free. its one of the only compounds that i know that actually boost test levels without any sides or dht buildup.I dont want to do any anabolics ..so im consdiering tribex GOld-its new. Biotest Tribex has worked for me in the past. most tribulus are ****. but biotest tribex did work. i gained 15 lbs on bench and gained a couple lean mass lbs. -that was 2 years ago

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not correcting you but everything I've seen says around 9g's a day, although I only take in 4-6g's. Anyone got some scientific backing on proper dosing??
6-9 grams of total fish oil seems more in line. The American Heart Association recommends no more than 4 grams combined epa/dha, as more than that can excessively thin the blood.

Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Most high potency fish oil capsules I've seen contain a combined 500mg epa/dha, which at an intake level of 22 fish oil capsules puts the poster at a whopping 11 grams of combined epa/dha. The article posted states a minimum of 2 grams combined epa/dha is required for the desired effects. See why I thought the 22 high potency caps to be excessive?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6-9 grams of total fish oil seems more in line. The American Heart Association recommends no more than 4 grams combined epa/dha, as more than that can excessively thin the blood.

Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Most high potency fish oil capsules I've seen contain a combined 500mg epa/dha, which at an intake level of 22 fish oil capsules puts the poster at a whopping 11 grams of combined epa/dha. The article posted states a minimum of 2 grams combined epa/dha is required for the desired effects. See why I thought the 22 high potency caps to be excessive?
i seem t0o be getting very nice results from all the fish oil i take.

Brasso - i mispelled it argine alphagluterate...its a no booster product. they have it at nutraplenet for 7 bucks for like 100 grams or so so i figure might as well try the stack with cee.(even though i would no way spend 70 bucks on no2, but for this price i figure might as well.

also im researching the tribulus Gold. looks promosing but i dont want any sides. when i took biotest tribex(the old tribex) i dotn recall i had any sides; althoough it did work and i gained 5 lbs of lean mass in about 6 0 8 weeks. and also bench went up 15 lbs.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High Carb Day(refed day)

woke up in middle of the night- 5 rice cakes 35 carbs , a banana 20 carbs, protein shake 40 carbs. went back to bed

meal- 2 whole wheat waafles with oilive oil butter, light syrup , an apple- 50 carbs, prtein shake 50 p, 4 fish oils-total fat 10

alcar 3 grams, at-ss presciption RX

meal-big sweet potatoe, apple- 50 carbs, chicken breast 30 protein, olive oil- 8 fat

meal- muscletech mesotech bar, 12 fat, 25 carbs , 25 protein

Did Calves---while waiting for calves i was s ebergized i did some shoulders, back, chinups, biceps, and doign the areas i wanted to get the blood flowling more .calves are already sore. hit em hard!

meal- 2 tuna paackets- 45, brown rice, an apple- 50 carbs, 4 fish oils

meal- 4 eggs(2 yolks)-20,-30 p, 2rice cakes, 2 peices wheat , cherrioes and blueberries, bread, - 75 carbs, peice of american yellow cheese(i dont know the fat content; althoigh i think its high)

meal- almost a whole thing of fresh strawberries,25 carbs(?) protein shake with milk-25 p

today i relied more on carbs and not so much on protein and fat; although of opurse i took it in.I feel well i cant describe it but after these low carb days it feels different.

daily totals protein 245 grams. carbs 330 fat 45
total calories 2,705 hmmm that doesnt feel right from eating so much. and it seems to make me hungrier! anyways tomorrow is my only day off and ill be working at work moving around some . tomorrow is low carb.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually feel better mentally and physically now than when i wasnt so much watching what i eat. Now im what you might called a somewhat hard-gainer, but it takes disicpline and time for me to get low levels of bodyfat. Now In the new ironman(the one with the yellowish black and white photo of Arnold of the front) an awesome nutritionist gives the lowdown. Some new information . Basso i suggest you buying it(or what i do) i go off in wal-mart at night sit down in a secluded comfy chair in wal-mart in a private area(maybe like the garden center) and just read it- and take notes of you want) i didnt take notes on this. anywaysthis guy has some Awesome INFORMATION SPECIFCALLY ON DIETING AND FATLOSS. ITS AN INTERVIEW! It gave me some more specialized knowledge.

yesterday was low carb day,.. today is also...today is Chest..ill do bench press. incline smith, and maybe 2 or one more exercises all heavy. and ill do cardio aftewards listenign to my mp3 player =) i love it

actually postraining wasnt so low carb. here goes

woke up alcar 4 grams....1/2 cup cherrioes. 1/4 cup blueberries....20 carbs, protein shake 50 p, flax oil 9 grams fat

ast-ss metabolism prescription RX

Trained chest . did cardio for 20 minutes and sweat hard! the stair climber. I did some heavy cardio today and really pushed it! id say i at least burnt 700 cals.

postraining i went to walmart right after training(i live by everything..even my gym is about a mile from my house, walmart is in the backyard literally) i bought a pair, a big banana, a peach, a necturine, blended them in a blender with water..put a lil honey for flavoring. 2 scoops of vanilla protein(cytosport). yummy a protein smoothie. 100 carbs 50 protein. ala 100 mgs 5 minutes before i drank it. Creatine mono in it 3 grams.taurine 5 grams, 45later CEE 2 grams

meal- chicken breast 40 grams, red potatoes 40 carbs, kale , oilive oil 13 fat

fell alseep for an hour or so...

3 rice cakes 21 carbs, tuna 40 p, natty peanut butter 10 fat, and 2 extra stength fish oils, broccoli

Took a melontin tablet before bed because i have to get up earlier for work tomorrow- ive heard melatonin is great for sleep; however i have read that it decreases testostrone production. anyone know anything about this, without like having to go on a whole topic if melatonin here?

low fat cottage cheese 40 protein, 6 fat, 4 fish oils(2 were extra strength-10 fat, 15 carbs

weight 203 daily totals protein 180 carbs 200 fats 40 total cals 1900

tomorrow my goal is too take is lower carbs ..specifically about 150 carbs- over 200 protein and 50 or over fats

onething in the ironman article that makes sense is the nutritionist said hed rather give his patients a lil more carbs than too little and theyll just work hard at cardio to burn it off. he also said u can do it many ways, you just cant combine 1000000000000 ways into one. im learning whats working for me as far as fatloss. and yes i do see it coming off. slowly but surely.:bb:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
woke up alcar...3 grams...meal- i big banana 30 carbs, 50 portein shake, 10 fish oils, multi , saw palmetto, glucosmine(i take these everyday sometimes i font out them down but there everyday..also on hard trainign days and some other days ill take a few grams of vitaman C if i think i need it)

ast-ss metabolism prescription Rx

meal- brown rice- 30 carbs, 2 stuff green peppers-yummmm,squaSh,- lean beef 50 beef, 20 fat

Trained Biceps ---

postraining- gdorade 20 carbs, whey 20 protein..ala 100 mgs

meal- brown rice 30 carbs 25 protein-stuffed pepper, 8 fat

meal- 2 salmon 40 p,10 fat, wheat crackers, left-over chunks of a red potaoe, 25 carbs

did abs ---------

meal- chicken breast 40 protein, peice of wheat bread 10 carbsm rice cake with peanut butter 7 carbs, 8 fat, 2 extra strength fish oils, 3 cups of broccoli- so 40 p, 10 f, 17 carbs

by the way im going to stop eating rice cakes as a meal- they have a high GI (its ok to eat them postraining) but they spike insulin.

took another melonin for sleep

meal- cottege cheese 40 p, 6 fat, 15 carbs , 4 fish oils- total fat 10 40 p, 15 carbs

totals- 265 protein.. 167 carbs...68 fat total cals- 2,340

i didnt get my goal- thats ok - just next time ill get it. esp by reducing carbs.

tomorrow is leg day . I plan to keep cals around 2,000 tomorrow. ill need the extra energy for tomorrow.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Took a melontin tablet before bed because i have to get up earlier for work tomorrow- ive heard melatonin is great for sleep; however i have read that it decreases testostrone production. anyone know anything about this, without like having to go on a whole topic if melatonin here?
There are some good threads somewhere on Melatonin here. I loved it for quite awhile then it stopped working and keeps me up all night. Use sparringly as needed only and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Ironman??? Dude I got my pride, I'd rather be fat then get caught reading that rag. lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why whats wrong with Ironman magazine....tell you what ill take ANY information thts benifical to me..no matter where it comes from..even if its cheesy i dont care- as long as it WORKS for me then ill take it and utilize it .

got up in middle of night about 2 teablespoons full of natty panut butter with glass of milk. Next time itll be a protein shake of 40 grams

woke up..alcar 3 grams

bana 25 carbs- shake 40 p, 8 flax oil

broccoli, lean ground beef 45 p, 12 fat, brown rice, 35 carbs

ast-ss metabolism prescription RX...tablespoon of apple cinder vineger(gagged me)

trained legs. leg extensions. lunges. stiff leg db deadlifts, lying leg cirl now i read n the new Ironman some people respond better to certain exercises than others. for example a tall person with a long spine(i forget the techniqal name of the spine and whatnot) squars dont work well because it causes the person to lean forward more becauze of how they are built. The article recommends deadlifts instead of squats. Now i still do my squats but recently since reading this article im doing something different. I know my body is also very tall , but ive done squats for almost 4 years strait now so im used to them. I switch my exercises up every 4 weeks, or order of exercises(example- 4 weeks starting off at flat bench, 4 weeks starting off on incline bench-- and ill stay at incline bench or do other incline work, if i see the need for my upper chest to come up) whatever the bodypart may be ill do what works for what i want.

postrainign training- pinapple juice 50 carbs , protein shake 50 p, ala 100 mgs. creatine mono 5 grams

CEE 2 grams with gadorade 10 carbs

chicken breast 35 protein, sweet potaoe(smaller sized) 25 carbs, olive oil 15 fat

chicken breast 40 protein, broccoli, natty peanut butter 8 grams, 5 extra strength fish oil tabs- total fat 15(including fat from chicken breast),peice of wheat bread 10 carbs

took melatonin for sleep

NO FAT cottege cheese(damnit i bought no fat cottege cheese and it has no fat but more carbs than low fat- i think ill switch back to low fat unless they have ZERO CARB cottegecheese) 40 protein. 6 fat- 4 fish oils -10 fat, 15 carbs

totals: protein 250 carbs 170 fats 60 calories 2,220

not bad calories but i wanted lower carbs especially. Tomorrows Goal is to take in 125 carbs or less..and up the fat intake....but the ultimate goal tomorrow is to take in 100 carbs or less! If i get over 125 i have some serious work to do on my behalf! I want to do low carb for the next 2 days. what does low carb mean to me RIGHT NOW? A. low carb= 100 grams of carbhydrates or less

also im going to use what i learned in Iron Magazine ---use cardio when appropiate. I think Tomorrow cardio is calling my name.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
why whats wrong with Ironman magazine....tell you what ill take ANY information thts benifical to me..no matter where it comes from..even if its cheesy i dont care- as long as it WORKS for me then ill take it and utilize it .

now i read n the new Ironman some people respond better to certain exercises than others. for example a tall person with a long spine(i forget the techniqal name of the spine and whatnot) squars dont work well because it causes the person to lean forward more becauze of how they are built.
You just answered your question! That is typically garbage these mags spew out, and if I bought a Flex this month it would probably say short people shouldn't Deadlift.
Tall, short, fat, skinny anyone will respond to squats, and you can't replace it, except with other squat movements, i.e. front squats.
Anyway I'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just I'm not willing to pay $5-6 for a mag that is 40% ads, 55%BS and 5% uselful.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't pay for it i read them. and if it works for me ill use it buddy!

oh and youd rather be fat than read ironman well be my guest and be a fatass ..me personally id rather look good and read ironman than be a fatass and not read it.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I don't pay for it i read them. and if it works for me ill use it buddy!

oh and youd rather be fat than read ironman well be my guest and be a fatass ..me personally id rather look good and read ironman than be a fatass and not read it.

Whoa, chill out dude, I'm just messin with ya! You'll find all kinds of anti-bbmag threads on here and I couldn't help but take a couple stabs. But really the squat thing is bogus, I wouldn't joke about the All-Mighty Squat!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you didnt relize this by now....im not joking. and another thing while your at it stop writing on my thread unless your contributing. Thanks buddy goodluck with your fatloss

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
if you didnt relize this by now....im not joking. and another thing while your at it stop writing on my thread unless your contributing. Thanks buddy goodluck with your fatloss
You got it! unsubscribed

I am truely sorry I offended you, the offense was directed at BB mags. There was a time when there was some good ones out there, but that was a long time ago!! Not even worth the ads they are printed on now!

so long kid, good luck

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ouch man, it seemed apparent that he was sniping at the magazine, not you personally. Is it worth chasing one of the few people contributing to your thread over a disagreement over a bodybuilding magazine?

If that's the case then I might need to unsubscribe also, as I'd tend to agree that most of what's printed in the magazines nowadays is an attempt to sell bodybuilding supplements.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday lower carb, lower caloriesshoulders, ticeps...standing miltary presses, lateral riases, chest against slanted raises (for rear delts) one arm tricep press, and dips(went up to 2 45 plates with belt on for dips)

today back- did deadlifts , wide grip pullups, mid-grip pullups, close grip chinups, one arm db rows. and dumbell shrugs.Lower carb, lower calorie.

took pic after training just a sec ago . i was comparing my last pic to now on this forum and i do see a difference in my abs. That was maybe a week ago(?) i dont know the date is posted when the pic was taking. Not bad for my quest for a sixpack. Im doing it slowly but surely. My goal is to be at 12 % on sunday. well see if i reach it. If i do reach it thats good , considering i was 15.7 bodyfat-hold on ill find out then edit. well see on sunday.

6ft3 202.7 lbs and im looking bigger than i was looking thats what amazes me!

i plan on the keep "practicing" practice makes perfect- so ill use the word perfecting my nutrition because thats the most important thing. Ill keep trainign heavy(but not so heavy ill hurt myself- i did 315 4 x's today very smoothly on deads (im a tall guy) and could have went higher but i didnt. yesterday i did standing military presses at the bar and 2 45's 4 x's comfortable. Ill keep sleeping well. and ill keep my stress levels at bay and keep relaxed by doing meditation, deep breathing, sex, relaxing music- whatever it takes to keep cortisol(the destroying hormone) low and a relaxing, calm, cool collective state of mind.

In additon to the most important factors, of nutrition, training, and sleep i ordered 199.19 dollars worth of supplements from nutraplanet today. ill be taking these coming up which includes alcar, nac, Cee, Arginine Alphaklutergluerate, Dessert(on sale or i wouldnt have bought it, Nac,Some more cytosport protein(yumm good tasting),and taurine- i think thats it. but ill be adding these in solely as supplements and no less. I relize the basic stuff like nutrition , sleep, and training are the most important and these are just what they say supplements no more no less.

If any supplement is going to give me drastic gains i thibnk itll be the nac. I mean all will work and do there job. I took nac about 2 years ago from a well know expensive company, and yes there stuff works, and it worked back then very nicely.

let the pictures speak for themselves=) bodyfat is at 13.065... my next goal is to get down to have a good 6-pack in the next 6-8 weeks.I dont know how much bodyfat itll be maybe 10 % , maybe 8%. Im thinking more like 8%. im 13 % now so thats 5 % bodyfat reduction in 8 weeks.Ill keep pushing intill i get the results i want.:bb2:

7-24-06 started a new training regime today - i have a good training partner. I did legs today did close grip leg press, squats, stiff leg db deads, and one leg leg curls. im doing max-ot 4-6 reps 2-3 mintes rest in between. Sleep is going well. im getting in 8 hours a night . Nutrition is going well...sunday was refed day and i took in fruits, veggies- EVERYTHing clean. Feels good to at clean. and today im guessing 160. carbs. i m not counting unless i feel the need to- this is just a rough guesstimate, tomorrow is bis, tris and abs. Tomorrow im lowering carbs, and my goal is to take in 125 carbs or less. yes ill count tomorrow to make sure i get my goal. also tomorrow i might do some cardio to burn a lil extra cals off.Im finding out whats working for me.I love this challange of getting a sixpack! my goal is to be at 8 % bodyfat by
september 23nd 2006.- thats a progress trackmark-goals- whatever u wanna call it.

My Analyses -

My first priority- diet,must be totaly on spot, get my 8 hours sleep, train hard and heavy, and keep stress levels low.

my new supplements stack-nac, arginine alphaklut, Cee, -this may help add a few lbs .

in addition a good training partner . I always like a good trainign partner.extra motivation-always a plus

I think i can add 10 lbs of muscle in eight weeks and reduce fat. just with doing it naturaly and paying special attention to everything pertaining to muscle, whats working etc

im also switching multivitimans im swicthing to ast-ss brand , ive been taking shaklees multi-which dont kid yourself its a good multi but ast was right there with the other stuff i ordered. ast has 10,000 of vit a. 200% daily value or vit A. and yes i know im a hard training athelete but im going to email Paul Cribb from ast and asl him is it safe . In the Arnold Ency it sys too much vit A can cause hairloss.

also im taking apple cider vineger(which is horrible tasting) but its been around for ages and everyone says it works. Im taking so many supplements that its almost impossible for them not to work, even if they dont work the psychological aspect of it. ---anyways i do beleive what im taking does work - even if its minimal, or i wouldnt be taking it.

example..alcar i belive works - very minimal but it has so many beneifits that are subtle. all that matters is it works.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive been low carbing spot on. sleep, training, everything has been good. now today im doing a refeed day not a lot (maybe 200-300 carbs) and i noticed when i eat my seond meal which was a peach, brown rice , chicken and 1/2 avacoado verses when i used to eat it i didnt feel as full i was full. my stomach has shunken. i am seeing more defination. today i woke up and wow i am almost there. give it some time.

everythings goign well. nutrition is spot on. Im keeping my trainign heavy, sleep is good, stress levels are nice, and nutrition is tight.

intill next time tata

also im adding in aakg powder before training today. I seriously dont think itll do anything or anything much at all. I dont realy think no boosters work for muscle growth much if it all. Regardless i have 100 grams of aakg powder and im gonna take it post training.

These ast metabolism prescription rx have caffine whcih could be causing me to stay awake longer lately. seems i have trouble falling alseep and this can become a situtaion if not taking care of. i have 2 bottle s left of ast metabolsim prescription rx i dotn just want to throw them away but if it means ****ing with my sleep ill do it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im now about 7 weeks to what i consider "out".

training is going well im actually getting stroonger each training session,as im doing the ast-ss max-ot program. generally. fatloss is coming off nicely. sleep is nice. im keeping my stress levels low.everythings coming along as planned.

ive noticed since im i upped my multi vitaman dose im feeling more assertive, alert, and on top of situations.almost every day are lower or Low carb days --except my refeed days. a girl that digs me made a comment asking if i was losing weight..

tomorrow ill do a all clean refeed day. ill get some fruits in. 300-500 carbs i want to take in.

monday is legs - well see wassup monday

i plan on taking aakg (like 3 grams before training)starting monday. it might do a lil something, as far as muscle growth, but i dont think itll be much. well see.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today 202- strength is going up, my goal on every lift is to better it each time either by one more rep or increasing the weight. i keep track on a peice of paper of previous lifts the week before.

i started aakg today about 3 grams pretraining, im also taking ast-ss metabolism prescription-RX before training.

woke up...alcar 3 grams

today is moderate to higher carb days the next 3 days will be lower-low carb(whatever i perceive is best)

meal 1- cheerios with blueberries 35 carbs, protein shake 50 protein, 10 grams flax oil- (of course multi, vit C 1 gram, saw palmetto)

small meal before training ..lean beef on wheat bread- 25 protein, 5 fat, 20 carbs

took aakg tabs with metabolism prescription Rx.. nac 750 mgs

trained Quads and Hams

squats - did good wwarmup(max-ot style training)

set 1- 275 1 rep(my training partner and I debated and he said i was going to low; however ive always been taught to squat to the floor, he also pointed out that since im 6ft3 i dont need to go as low. he said im going past parrarrell. - i emailed the ast team to get more info- and my training partner is stronger than I on legs he did 405 plates last week a few times)

set2- 250 4
set3 250-6

leg press machine(feet close together for side sweep) 5 plates and a 25 on each side- like 6 times - 2 sets

stiff leg deads Db- 2 sets 75 6x 80 6 x

one legged lying hmstring curl ..2 sets 70 6 x's ..70 5 x's

postraining - 75 grams dextose , 50 protein... ala 100 mgs 5 minutes before ...nac 750 mgs, taurine 5 grams , creatine mono 5 grams

hour later whole wheat pasta 40 carbs, lean hamburger 25 p, 5 fat

one hour later chicken breast 45 protein, sweet potatoe,1/2 totamo- 35 carbs, big batch of broccoli, tablespoon of olive oil 14 f

took 1/4 dose of phenibut

meal- broccoli, eggs and salmon- 50 protein, 2 peices wheat toast 20 carbs, 13 fat

meal- lean dessert by bsn (chocolate coconut flavor)20 protein, 3 fat, 7 carbs, cottege cheese 30 protein , 10 carbs, 6 fat- 2 extra strength fish oils-- total 50 protein, 17 carbs, 11 fat

total carbs 240 protein 290 fats 60 total calories-2,660

moderate high carbs and calories for me on a higher carb- cal day.

tomorrow is abs, biceps and triceps. Ill keep carbs and calories on the lower end of the spectrum.

meal

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
woke up ..alcar 3 grams

meal- cherrioes 1/2 cup and blueberries 1/4 cup- 20 carbs, 50 protein, 10 fish oils

meal- broccoli, sweet poatoe(mid sized) 25-30 carbs-possibly less.. 2 lean beef burgers 50 protein 10 fat

This is what an ast-ss team member emailed me back regarding the issue with squats going past parallel.

"Go to where the top of your thighs are just below parallel. Most people
who whine about going too low simply don't have the guts to do so."

now just this and i was going a little too low but not by much. my partner was wrong because he doesnt go parallel from what i see.

took fat burner, appetite supressate, and 3 grams of aakg

trained abs
then trained biceps and triceps

reverse ez bar preacher curls
2(35) 5 x , 5 x, 4 x
deadarm curls 40 8 x, 45 3 x, 40 6 x
standing barbell curl 2 (25 6x, 5x, 5x)

dips w/ belt
2 plates 5 reps
2 plates 4 reps
2 plates 4 reps

standing one arm db extensions(or one arm french press)
35 10 x's
40 3 x's(too heavy)
35 7 x's

kickback(pause on the contraction)
30 7 xs or so
35 6x

then i took this pic of my arms pumped(progress pic) i know this might not be this best time to take a pic since ive refeed and went moderate on carbs the last two days ; however i sensed a progress pic.next time ill try to not have that lighting shining on my left side because my body would look better without the lighting.

as you can see a small trace of my abs appearent..and i was sucking air in.again these are pics after 2 days of refeeding.

postraining ala 100 mgs ...5 mins then shake 50 protein,50 dextose powder, 1 gram nac, 5 grams taurine, 5 grams creatine mono

next meal will be chicken , and 30-40 carbs

the rest of the meals, for the day, will be 20 carbs or less

i might edit later and count my totals for today.

the next tomorrow is low carb... thursday is a moderate - to - higher carb day; although,not a refeed day)

im taking it slowly and steady and ill keep measuring my bodyfat to make sure im keepign steady. If bodyfat does halt, and slow down too much, i will employ some of the crazy techniques, the ones you read about over at T-Nation. like 50 carbs a day type **** for a few days-whatever im not to that point yet i am seeing slow and steady fatloss; however i have the t-nation tools to use , if it comes to that place.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday i did standing military presses, seated arnold pressed , side laterals and behind the back barbell srhugs. strength stayed steady and increased on some lifts. nutrition was spot on. sleep was good.

today woke up alcar 3 grams-Refeed day.I am finding out whats working for me whats not, how this kind of nutritional lifestyle works because this is a challange going into new territory(this is my first time that i had the adjust my diet to get where i want to get-a sixpack)

meal- cherrioes, blueberries 40 carbs, 50 whey shake, 10 fish oils

meal- bigger sized sweet poatotoe 40 carbs, broccoli, kiwi fruit 10 carbs, chicken breast 20 protein tuna packet-20 protein, olive oil 15 fatso 50 carbs, 40 protein, 15 fat

took ast fat burner- about 3 grams aakg

trained back
Deadlift 315 2x,2x, 275 5x
widegrip pulups best was 9- full range of motion 3 sets
closegrip chinups-6 or 7(have it written down- at least 6)3 sets
one arm dumbell row- 105 4x, 104 4x

strength is staying the same on deads: however 2 weeks ago i got 315 4x's . (my record is 360 4x's-on mohn- didnt do them on superdrol)

wide grip pullup is going up i bettered my last time
closegrip chinups are going up

postraining, ala 100 mgs 5 mins then dextose 50 grams, 50 whey, nac 1.5 grams, taurine 5 grams, creatine mono 5 grams

then i took 2 teaspoons of apple cider vingeger in water then honey on a spoon

meal- 1 cup brown rice 65 carbs, 2 garlic fish 45 protein,1/4 avacoda plus fish fat- 15 fat

meal- chicken breast 30 -tuna packet 20- 50 protein, big red potatoe -30 carbs, peice opf wheat bread 10 carbs, spinach smaller 1/4 avacado 10 fat- 40 carbs, 50 protein 10 fat

meal- canned chicken 25 prtein, milk whey shake 30 protein, lite yogurt with fresh blueberries mixed in- 20 carbs,1 tablespoon olive oil 15 fats
30 carbs , 55 protein, 15 fats

meal- cottege cheese 30 protein , lean desset 20 protein- 15 carbs , 10 fat

I drank a lot of water today as i always try too get in a lot of water. i try to get in over a gallon a day. i think i generaly get 1 - 1.5 gallons of water per day.

total s: carbs 290 protein 340 fats 75

total cals: 3,200

I think i might need to do a refeed day once every 5 days. and the rest of the days go low carb like 150 carbs or less. i have a lil more than 6 weeks to reach my set date, which i set for myself.

i havnt done cardio at all but if i think i need to do it to burn something ill do it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
202 today after refeed day and surprisely stomach is looking leaner. today i woke up , didnt put in my contacts and accidenelty took 5 grams of nac...which i meant to take 3 grams of alcar. the NAC was sitting in plave place of the alcar, i didnt wait and immedialty ate my breakfast or meal 1.

ive been feeling pretty damn good all day . it kind of feels like an oxygen inside of me , partiuclarrly in my brain, it fills like a releif of air in my brain. lol feels good.

i trained chest today

flat bench 225 6x's -yes went up(personal best is 300) , 230 4x's, 225 5 or 6 x's

incline smith(ive always been naturally strong on incline- my personal best on regular incline (not smith) is 245 6x's)

225 4x's, 205 6x's 205 5x;s

flat db fly's 55 7x's 60 4x's , 60 3 or 4 x;s

potsraining ala 100 mgs .....50 carbs-dextose, 50 protein, taurine 5 grams, creatine mono 5 grams

then im cooking a big chicken breast 45 p, 1/2 cup brown rice 30 carbs, and a tomatoe, with salad and 1/4 avacado

then rest of the day is around 20 carbs with my meals

i might do max-ot cardio in about 6 hours if i think i need it for my road on a sixpack.

this nac feeling is nice. it worried me at first , but it just feels different. nice.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything is going good. Sleep, training and nutrition. I started takign creatine glucnate today postraining ill be taking 3 grams a day. did legs today, leg press 6 plates, 4 x;s squats, lying leg curls 120 lbs 4-6 x's, stiff leg deads 225 6x-these are my best numbers. ill try to take a progress pic this week.

o i changed my training rotuine

monday quads, hams, calves
tuesday chest abs
wendesday:back and traps
thurs- shoulder tris, fri abs and biceps

I watched the jay cutler video's 1999 a cut above the rest(Thank you John) and 2003 new and improved. Good stuff and useful information i can take and use.Inspiration !

like before i train ill watch one of these videos.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
did chest yesterday did incline , flat dumbell and decline. also ive been doing cardio.

today the 24 hour service gym is closed and im going to have to rearrange my schedule to train. Today im going low carb..like 50 grms of carbs today im just eating veggies with my meals. around september 21st is that date i set for the 6 pack. im giving it full throttle=)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
did back today

barbell rows 225 6x's = 3 sets, in the arnold book it says to do them standing on a bench, i never tryed it i think ill try it next time.
v-bar pulldownss 210 lbs 4-6 times, 2 sets
widegrip pullups 9 times, 2 sets
seated calble rows 240 or so 1 set 4 times

had to go to work- got off work and did smith deads half rack
and shrugs

my nutrition and sleep has been good. Ever since i started taking Creatine gluconate ive been bloated, especially the stomach area. i dont know if its Creatine gluconate or what. i think ill buy some herbal detox to clean a few pounds out.

today was a normal carb day. tomorrow is lower carb . like 100 or less. ive been so busy i havnt had time to take a picture ill take one as soon as i can.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today shoulders started off with arnold presses, standing barbell military, side laterals. lower carb. My brother went to a mexican restuarant and brung nack some food. i was so sick of these same old foods that i ate 2 burritos with some meat in them. and surpisley i looked leaner afterwards who would have thought huh...also mexican food is good for cleaning out the pipes.Nutrition was nice today. 150 carb or less i went on a long walk with my dog, after training while drinking my shake.

strength stayed the same today. In most cases its going up.

im paying attention to my progress since i started Creatine gluconate , nac,aakg(arginine), and extra vit . This wek i start ast 32x multivitaman. its about double the amount of fda regulations that the multi i take now is. Ill be paying attention to how i feel on it.Tomorrow is abs , biceps and triceps..ill be going low carb. aka 100 carbs or less

Food is the most anabolic substance.

jonboon

Awards
i went and checked out the DSCC weight room, its small but really nice. do you know if there is a place where i can mix my protein shake at the gym?