17 about to be 18, just did 1st contest

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
you did that in 6 months? infuckincredible.

looking awesome bro, at such a young age you're gonna be a monster in a few years.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wait to do a contest.

I see no reason to jump into a contest after 6 months of training. I wonder if he even had to diet in true bodybuilder fashion for it.

Not saying he doesn't look good but I don't see why one would want to rush things. 16, 17, 18... these are PRIME growing years. Eat up and lift on. Worry about a contest in the junior ranks at 19 or so.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
whatever bro. if he's looking to be a competitive bb'er, he can get invaluable experience by competiting at a young age.

Rippd444

Awards
Well placed the Mr Teen Maryland..but the guy who beat me was amazing, he beat most the guys in the mens division

Rippd444

Awards
Well placed 2nd the Mr Teen Maryland..but the guy who beat me was amazing, he beat most the guys in the mens division

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
whatever bro. if he's looking to be a competitive bb'er, he can get invaluable experience by competiting at a young age.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Its bodybuilding, not fitness modeling. Bodybuilding takes years of hard training to build a physique decent enough to step on stage.

I guess I have a sore spot with the juniors. I know 3 in my gym who are 16, 16 and 17 that stepped on stage with under 9 months of training. They didn't have to "diet" because they were relatively lean to begin with.

I agree with you that its invaluable experience but so is paying your dues in the gym and at the dinner table.

Again, he looks good but I can imagine how good and much more impressive he'd look if he waited a couple years. Bodybuilding is about patience and consistency.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya and see what you're saying.

he's consistent with posting numerous threads of the same pics so far :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
congrats!! you look incredible for only training for a few months .. wow

and i definitely think you did the absolute right thing by competing .. there is NO better way to learn about your specific body than by doing a show .. i'm sure you gained invaluable experience that will help you not only dieting in the future but even bulking .. seriously very well done

you've got fantastic potential .. at your age i was the same height i am now but 50lbs lighter lol .. needless to say i was pretty skinny

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell with those genetics he could straight bulk for the next two years then worry about competing and dieting down. WHile his metabolism is running at this speed i'd take advantage of it.

Of course he's better than me now and at that age sort probably the wrong person for suggestions but it's a message board so **** ya :p

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
17.... i aint gonna front playboi. but you got a great freakin' start to a possible long stage career. Be safe with your training and really nail down the diet aspect, pack on some mass throughout the next few years and you should definitely be straight
Sage

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
that's fucking nuts. if your really 17 with 6 months training and natty; you have amazing potential. what do you weigh? i've seen people who have run cycles and don't have your physique.

Quaid

Awards
He did say "about to be 18" and "training hard for 6 months". I doubt that he has only been training for 6 months. I dont think it is possible to have that physique with only 6 months of training. I dont want to speak for him but I think what he meant was he trained "hard" for 6 months in order to get in shape for the show he entered.

Congrats on the 2nd place and nice physique.