New to this place

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New to this place


    this place used to be pretty anti-layne but I think the tides are starting to turn so I'm going to start posting more over here methinks.
    Attached Images Attached Images           


  2. a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images          
  3. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Damn bro...give us some stats from the pics and your current stats if you don't mind, plus who is the female holding your Xtend in your pics at Avant....?
    •   
       

  4. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Check your PM's at Avant also bro....I was gonna PM you here but you aren't a board supporter!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Damn bro...give us some stats from the pics and your current stats if you don't mind, plus who is the female holding your Xtend in your pics at Avant....?
    my stats currently are
    216-217 lbs
    10.5% bodyfat on calipers (13.5% by DXA... most accurate method known)
    5'10"

    in the contest pics I was 190-191 and measured at 2-2.5% on calipers

    and the attractive female is my lovely girlfriend Isabel

    Here... I love showing her off
    Attached Images Attached Images         

  6. I think you should like this place, Layne. Frankly, I'm surprised you spend so much time on BB.com. Given that you are an Avant Labs regular, I think you'll like it here at AnabolicMinds. Welcome to you here, and hats off for your inspirational example. Take note people.

  7. Welcome Lookin' good. Side-chest and side-tri are definately strong poses for you. Bi's are great, too. Great conditioning, too.
  8. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Jesus, 2.5 percent on the calipers! Your gf is very beautiful bro.... I love her shirt! You should check out the old pics of my supplement shelf, gives your fridge a run for its money! Where and how much is it to get DEXA bodyfat testing...I have been wondering this and I heard it can be quite expensive!
  9. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    looking good layne...see you at the Arnold next week.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Jesus, 2.5 percent on the calipers! Your gf is very beautiful bro.... I love her shirt! You should check out the old pics of my supplement shelf, gives your fridge a run for its money! Where and how much is it to get DEXA bodyfat testing...I have been wondering this and I heard it can be quite expensive!
    thanks fellas!

    DXA is usually a couple hundred bucks but I am going to graduate school for my PhD in nutritional science (specializing in amino acid utilization) and I have friends in exercise physiology who hook me up for free

    strateg0s... I spend so much time at bodybuilding.com because I like being able to help a large volume of people (though many are ungrateful whiners) and I never came here because when I was at bbing.com I banned yellowjacket and got in a few arguments with John Benz so I figured it'd be best if I stayed away from here.

  11. Welcome to AM

  12. Manika---who the **** is that person in your atavar? IS that even human?

  13. Nice to see you here, Layne - thanks for coming around!
    (oh, and thanks for all the inspirational pics - Isabel looks a serious dish! )
    (you're looking good, too)

    (StrategOs - welcome back! What's been keeping you away?)

  14. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    Nice to see you here, Layne - thanks for coming around!
    (oh, and thanks for all the inspirational pics - Isabel looks a serious dish! )
    (you're looking good, too)

    (StrategOs - welcome back! What's been keeping you away?)
    thanks man! glad to be here... and yea, my gf is hot, i'm a lucky guy

  15. Welcome aboard.

  16. dudeyour hooked up, on a few levels, good to have you here.

    i am going to the AWNOLD, ill see you there.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Strateg0s
    I think you should like this place, Layne. Frankly, I'm surprised you spend so much time on BB.com. Given that you are an Avant Labs regular, I think you'll like it here at AnabolicMinds. Welcome to you here, and hats off for your inspirational example. Take note people.
    Noted. Welcome Layne!

    Nice to see you too Strategos. Havn't seen you for a while.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    Manika---who the **** is that person in your atavar? IS that even human?


    Yes it is true. The picture in Manika's avatar is indeed me. And I am not human.
  19. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Hi Layne

    OK...this is your "one" picture thread for the year.
    (no girlfiend picture threads either)

    BTW...nice genetics, work on the legs

    Got my pokes in

    Have a great day
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  20. str8--any chance of your posting your aas history and usage? I would like to see that
  21. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Layne has an insane work ethic, is super nutritionally competent and all natural. I give him a hard time, and he can speak for himself, but he is the real deal.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  22. he is all natural? That hilarious!!!! Still, he looks great regardless.

  23. What's so hilarious?

    Welcome to the board, and YJ is long gone, so I think you will be much welcomed here.


  24. Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed
    I am going to graduate school for my PhD in nutritional science (specializing in amino acid utilization)
    Unfortunately, Str8 and Bobo both got to me at about the same time regarding glutamine. Unfortunately, I had just restocked a ton. A guy specializing in amino acid utilization is probably a pretty good source for info on aminos, not to mention what he has achieved naturally. I have a bottle of Thermolife Glutamine Peptides left, then I will never buy them again. Thanks to Layne and Bobo.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    str8--any chance of your posting your aas history and usage? I would like to see that

    I'd be happy to if I used

    Seriously though, I don't use AAS or PHs and never have. Dont' have anything against those that do... it's a personal choice but not my cup of tea. But thank you very much for the compliment

  26. Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    Layne has an insane work ethic, is super nutritionally competent and all natural. I give him a hard time, and he can speak for himself, but he is the real deal.
    wow thanks B! That is high praise

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Unfortunately, Str8 and Bobo both got to me at about the same time regarding glutamine. Unfortunately, I had just restocked a ton. A guy specializing in amino acid utilization is probably a pretty good source for info on aminos, not to mention what he has achieved naturally. I have a bottle of Thermolife Glutamine Peptides left, then I will never buy them again. Thanks to Layne and Bobo.

    hehe, hey brother when I myself learned the truth about glutamine I still had 600g left. I celebrated by dumping it out
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  28. Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed
    hehe, hey brother when I myself learned the truth about glutamine I still had 600g left. I celebrated by dumping it out
    That pic is hilarious. I assume the whole glutamin-induced GH release isn't accurate either?

    I don't know why it has been so hard for me to accept that glutamine is worthless. I'm trying.

  29. Who is this guy?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    That pic is hilarious. I assume the whole glutamin-induced GH release isn't accurate either?

    I don't know why it has been so hard for me to accept that glutamine is worthless. I'm trying.
    well I did find this

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14609312

    but, the increase in GH did not increase IGF-1; additionally the experiment was rather poorely designed.

    -Layne

  31. Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed
    well I did find this

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14609312

    but, the increase in GH did not increase IGF-1; additionally the experiment was rather poorely designed.

    -Layne
    Thanks Layne.

    My science background is purely autodidactic, but it seems from that study that it does increase GH. Is that a significant increase? Glut. is expensive, and exercise already raises gh, so I can see what you mean about the lack of applicability of that study, at least in the sense that it does not apply to young bodybuilders.

    Plus, as Bobo pointed out, if you consume adequate protein you will not be deficient in glutamine anyways. Once my glutamine is gone (I can't bare to toss it) I will save some $$ and not buy it again.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Thanks Layne.

    My science background is purely autodidactic, but it seems from that study that it does increase GH. Is that a significant increase? Glut. is expensive, and exercise already raises gh, so I can see what you mean about the lack of applicability of that study, at least in the sense that it does not apply to young bodybuilders.

    Plus, as Bobo pointed out, if you consume adequate protein you will not be deficient in glutamine anyways. Once my glutamine is gone (I can't bare to toss it) I will save some $$ and not buy it again.

    well first off, the study was done in aging men, who are already on the decline as far as GH goes... so this is certainly not applicable to everyone. Additionally, they were not weight trained so that makes a difference to us. And finally, it was the amino acid mixture vs. placebo (ie zero calories). So you don't know if it was the specific amino acids causing GH release or just the calories/nitrogen from those amino acids and you might have gotten it from a different combination of amino acids. They should have put it up against another isonitrogenous, isocaloric (same amount of nitrogen, same calories) mixture.

    -Layne

  33. Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed
    well first off, the study was done in aging men, who are already on the decline as far as GH goes... so this is certainly not applicable to everyone. Additionally, they were not weight trained so that makes a difference to us. And finally, it was the amino acid mixture vs. placebo (ie zero calories). So you don't know if it was the specific amino acids causing GH release or just the calories/nitrogen from those amino acids and you might have gotten it from a different combination of amino acids. They should have put it up against another isonitrogenous, isocaloric (same amount of nitrogen, same calories) mixture.

    -Layne
    Cool, thanks. So "iso" means same? I love learning the structure of words. Plus, I want to learn to read those studies, but with limited time and a ton of foreign language it is tough.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 02-24-2005 at 07:31 PM.



  34. Welcome dude...great to have you over here (or back I should say)! I'm sure you can teach us (meaning me) a thing or two.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Cool, thanks. So "iso" means same?...
    Yep...iso is used often in that sense. A familiar phrase to most is "isotonic solution".

  36. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Yep...iso is used often in that sense. A familiar phrase to most is "isotonic solution".
    Or Whey Isolate, meaning uniform or homogeneous. So many words, well mainly Latinate words, have a logical structure. Once you learn a chunk you can apply that to so much more.

  37. wait wait, I dont mean to hijack this thread, but whats the deal with glutamine? So, its a total waste to buy? It doesnt speed up and foster recovery?

    Str8----I have to hand it to you, going to school for your PhD, and you have time to look like that, and your aas free, your my idol

  38. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    wait wait, I dont mean to hijack this thread, but whats the deal with glutamine? So, its a total waste to buy? It doesnt speed up and foster recovery?

    Str8----I have to hand it to you, going to school for your PhD, and you have time to look like that, and your aas free, your my idol

    thanks man. I appreciate the compliments

    glutamine is a pretty big rip. Almost all of the studies done on glutamine showing any positive benefits were done where glutamine was injected directly into the bloodstream; thus bypassing digestion. If you orally ingest glutamine, most of it gets degraded by the small intestine (it is the main fuel for the mucosal cells) to alanine and sent to the liver. You need a basal amount of glutamine for gut health and proper digestion in general but supplementing with it is certainly not nessecary unless you have an inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's or Celiac's.

  39. OH GEEZ...not another picture log of Layne!!! It took a year of watching Jenna Jamison flicks and chanting "I'm not gay" to get the naked pics of Layne and Ted out of my head from Avant.


    And Derek.....didn't you teach Layne those calf morphing movements yet??? to both of you

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Who is this guy?
    Dude... no clue where you came from but you look good!

    Where the **** is your waist?lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. New to this stuff. Could use some help ;).
    By LakeMountD in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  2. New to this! Please HELP! :)
    By Skyline00021 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 12:49 AM
  3. new to this need help
    By JrzyJuiceGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 02:26 AM
  4. Although Im new to this board.......
    By prolangtum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 10:57 PM
  5. New to this board
    By larmenta in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Log in
Log in