New to this place

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd be happy to if I used ;)

Seriously though, I don't use AAS or PHs and never have. Dont' have anything against those that do... it's a personal choice but not my cup of tea. But thank you very much for the compliment :thumbsup:
Layne is a lot of things, straight-up being one of them. And as Brian said, he is a legit, steroid-free bodybuilder.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fri and Sat? What time? Where? What are we training?

I think I will. At least one night. Hopefully my old bones can keep up.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
how does he know those result weren't just from his high protein intake and healthy lifestyle. I think going off of it for a while and getting his levels checked in a few months whilst keeping everything else steady is the best long term deal. Will save him thousands of dollars over the course of his life. (assuming he kept buying glutamine)
That would be interesting to see if his WBC count stayed the same after dropping the Glut. It probably would.

I reread his post and realized that I misread it the first time. I was under the impression that while he was on his WBC count was abnormally high :D I was suggesting that if that were the case he should just spend the $30/2months supply. I personally don't notice anything from it...but then there are those like Garry Frank with a 2700lb total who suck down about 100g/day and swear by it.

You've got enough Glutamine threads over at BB.com, so I'm not going to help add any to AM.com :D I personally don't care too much for the product.

str8flexed

Awards
Fri and Sat? What time? Where? What are we training?

I think I will. At least one night. Hopefully my old bones can keep up.

I imagine it will be like 8 o'clock or so at World Gym.

you can go to their website and print out a free three day pass :)

-Layne

str8flexed

Awards
That would be interesting to see if his WBC count stayed the same after dropping the Glut. It probably would.

I reread his post and realized that I misread it the first time. I was under the impression that while he was on his WBC count was abnormally high :D I was suggesting that if that were the case he should just spend the $30/2months supply. I personally don't notice anything from it...but then there are those like Garry Frank with a 2700lb total who suck down about 100g/day and swear by it.

You've got enough Glutamine threads over at BB.com, so I'm not going to help add any to AM.com :D I personally don't care too much for the product.
remember this always...

some people achieve great results IN SPITE of what they do. Not because what they do is optimal.

-Layne

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alright, but 8pm? C'mon, you gotta do earlier than that.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
actually there is some data to suggest glutamine helps immune function in chronically diseased individuals but actually SUPRESSES immune function in healthy individuals.

-layne
I hate to bring this up again, but I don't have PMs :D When I read this, I had a thought I forgot to bring up. Was this oral glutamine? If so, why would it help ANYBODY if it gets destroyed in the gut???? :think:

str8flexed

Awards
I hate to bring this up again, but I don't have PMs :D When I read this, I had a thought I forgot to bring up. Was this oral glutamine? If so, why would it help ANYBODY if it gets destroyed in the gut???? :think:

Glutamine is a major fuel source for the enterocytes of the small intestine (hence the reason it is "destroyed") and the enterocytes are involved in the immune response

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
OH, that makes sense. The enterocytes are fuled, thus healthy...gotcha.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I've used glutamine irregularly as a general supplement for years, but only a gram or less daily, on the assumption that if that's what the gut eats, maybe I ought to see that it gets some extra occasionally.

Fortunately, I got a couple of kilos for almost nothing back when Nu-Life folded, and I haven't used it all yet.

Layne, would you say there's any harm (if not much point) to supplemental glutamine on this level?

str8flexed

Awards
I've used glutamine irregularly as a general supplement for years, but only a gram or less daily, on the assumption that if that's what the gut eats, maybe I ought to see that it gets some extra occasionally.

Fortunately, I got a couple of kilos for almost nothing back when Nu-Life folded, and I haven't used it all yet.

Layne, would you say there's any harm (if not much point) to supplemental glutamine on this level?

no harm; but i think your time would be better spent trying to get someone to buy it from you ;)

bencozzy

Awards
hey layne you gonna be at the arnold cause it would be much fun to meet you in person i find you to be a great inspiration

str8flexed

Awards
hey layne you gonna be at the arnold cause it would be much fun to meet you in person i find you to be a great inspiration

Yup... I'll be working along with Derek Charlebois, Marc Lobliner, Travis Mash, Quincy Carter and an assortment of fitness honeys at the Scivation/Primaforce booth. Please make sure you stop by and chat a bit!

-Layne

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Hey Layne, how do you like that NeuroStim???? (I saw it in your supplement stash in one of your pics...)

str8flexed

Awards
Hey Layne, how do you like that NeuroStim???? (I saw it in your supplement stash in one of your pics...)
I really like it. but Scivation is my sponsor so I am biased. If you go to the website and email Marc (the owner) i'm sure he'd send you a free sample so you can test it out.

But I honest to god do like it.
*I have attached a pic of my girlfriend for effect*
-Layne

Attachments

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Cool, i'll give it a shot...see if it's worth the $50/month :eek:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You look familiar... :D ;)

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
So that is what I would look like if I ever dieted down :D. Thanks for the pics and stats str8, I'm pretty much right on the same line as you.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
quite a welcoming back committee, no? You'll definitely like what goes around here these days, as are we honored by your presence...

derekmac

Awards
Good to see you over here, bud.

This is a much better place since you were last on....my home away from home if you will ;)

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Layne did you used to be sponsered by extreme formulations or prima force or am i losing my mind. You were talking about a BCCA supp that you took like ICE or something still take anything like that??

str8flexed

Awards
I was never sponsored by Xtreme. I am currently sponsored by Scivation/Primaforce. Milwood... no need to be honored man... i'm not the pope ;)

str8flexed

Awards
i moved and lost all my #s... why don't you hit me up with it again in a PM