New to this place

str8flexed

Awards
this place used to be pretty anti-layne but I think the tides are starting to turn so I'm going to start posting more over here methinks.

Attachments

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Damn bro...give us some stats from the pics and your current stats if you don't mind, plus who is the female holding your Xtend in your pics at Avant....?

Check your PM's at Avant also bro....I was gonna PM you here but you aren't a board supporter!

str8flexed

Awards
Damn bro...give us some stats from the pics and your current stats if you don't mind, plus who is the female holding your Xtend in your pics at Avant....?
my stats currently are
216-217 lbs
10.5% bodyfat on calipers (13.5% by DXA... most accurate method known)
5'10"

in the contest pics I was 190-191 and measured at 2-2.5% on calipers

and the attractive female is my lovely girlfriend Isabel :)

Here... I love showing her off :box:

Attachments

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
I think you should like this place, Layne. Frankly, I'm surprised you spend so much time on BB.com. Given that you are an Avant Labs regular, I think you'll like it here at AnabolicMinds. Welcome to you here, and hats off for your inspirational example. Take note people.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Welcome ;) Lookin' good. Side-chest and side-tri are definately strong poses for you. Bi's are great, too. Great conditioning, too.

Jesus, 2.5 percent on the calipers! Your gf is very beautiful bro.... I love her shirt! You should check out the old pics of my supplement shelf, gives your fridge a run for its money! Where and how much is it to get DEXA bodyfat testing...I have been wondering this and I heard it can be quite expensive!

tattoopierced1

looking good layne...see you at the Arnold next week.

str8flexed

Awards
Jesus, 2.5 percent on the calipers! Your gf is very beautiful bro.... I love her shirt! You should check out the old pics of my supplement shelf, gives your fridge a run for its money! Where and how much is it to get DEXA bodyfat testing...I have been wondering this and I heard it can be quite expensive!
thanks fellas!

DXA is usually a couple hundred bucks but I am going to graduate school for my PhD in nutritional science (specializing in amino acid utilization) and I have friends in exercise physiology who hook me up for free :)

strateg0s... I spend so much time at bodybuilding.com because I like being able to help a large volume of people (though many are ungrateful whiners) and I never came here because when I was at bbing.com I banned yellowjacket and got in a few arguments with John Benz so I figured it'd be best if I stayed away from here.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
Manika---who the **** is that person in your atavar? IS that even human?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see you here, Layne - thanks for coming around!
(oh, and thanks for all the inspirational pics - Isabel looks a serious dish! ;) )
(you're looking good, too)

(StrategOs - welcome back! What's been keeping you away?)

str8flexed

Awards
Nice to see you here, Layne - thanks for coming around!
(oh, and thanks for all the inspirational pics - Isabel looks a serious dish! ;) )
(you're looking good, too)

(StrategOs - welcome back! What's been keeping you away?)
thanks man! glad to be here... and yea, my gf is hot, i'm a lucky guy
:box:

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
dudeyour hooked up, on a few levels, good to have you here.

i am going to the AWNOLD, ill see you there.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I think you should like this place, Layne. Frankly, I'm surprised you spend so much time on BB.com. Given that you are an Avant Labs regular, I think you'll like it here at AnabolicMinds. Welcome to you here, and hats off for your inspirational example. Take note people.
Noted. Welcome Layne! :wave:

Nice to see you too Strategos. Havn't seen you for a while. :thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Layne :wave:

OK...this is your "one" picture thread for the year. :rofl:
(no girlfiend picture threads either)

BTW...nice genetics, work on the legs :rasp:

Got my pokes in :hammer:

Have a great day :thumbsup:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
str8--any chance of your posting your aas history and usage? I would like to see that

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Layne has an insane work ethic, is super nutritionally competent and all natural. I give him a hard time, and he can speak for himself, but he is the real deal.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
he is all natural? That hilarious!!!! Still, he looks great regardless.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's so hilarious?

Welcome to the board, and YJ is long gone, so I think you will be much welcomed here.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I am going to graduate school for my PhD in nutritional science (specializing in amino acid utilization)
Unfortunately, Str8 and Bobo both got to me at about the same time regarding glutamine. Unfortunately, I had just restocked a ton. A guy specializing in amino acid utilization is probably a pretty good source for info on aminos, not to mention what he has achieved naturally. I have a bottle of Thermolife Glutamine Peptides left, then I will never buy them again. Thanks to Layne and Bobo.

str8flexed

Awards
str8--any chance of your posting your aas history and usage? I would like to see that

I'd be happy to if I used ;)

Seriously though, I don't use AAS or PHs and never have. Dont' have anything against those that do... it's a personal choice but not my cup of tea. But thank you very much for the compliment :thumbsup:

str8flexed

Awards
Layne has an insane work ethic, is super nutritionally competent and all natural. I give him a hard time, and he can speak for himself, but he is the real deal.
wow thanks B! That is high praise :goodpost:

str8flexed

Awards
Unfortunately, Str8 and Bobo both got to me at about the same time regarding glutamine. Unfortunately, I had just restocked a ton. A guy specializing in amino acid utilization is probably a pretty good source for info on aminos, not to mention what he has achieved naturally. I have a bottle of Thermolife Glutamine Peptides left, then I will never buy them again. Thanks to Layne and Bobo.

hehe, hey brother when I myself learned the truth about glutamine I still had 600g left. I celebrated by dumping it out :icon_lol:

Attachments

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
hehe, hey brother when I myself learned the truth about glutamine I still had 600g left. I celebrated by dumping it out :icon_lol:
That pic is hilarious. I assume the whole glutamin-induced GH release isn't accurate either?:blink:

I don't know why it has been so hard for me to accept that glutamine is worthless. I'm trying.

str8flexed

Awards
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
well I did find this

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=14609312

but, the increase in GH did not increase IGF-1; additionally the experiment was rather poorely designed.

-Layne
Thanks Layne.

My science background is purely autodidactic, but it seems from that study that it does increase GH. Is that a significant increase? Glut. is expensive, and exercise already raises gh, so I can see what you mean about the lack of applicability of that study, at least in the sense that it does not apply to young bodybuilders.

Plus, as Bobo pointed out, if you consume adequate protein you will not be deficient in glutamine anyways. Once my glutamine is gone (I can't bare to toss it) I will save some $$ and not buy it again.

str8flexed

Awards
Thanks Layne.

My science background is purely autodidactic, but it seems from that study that it does increase GH. Is that a significant increase? Glut. is expensive, and exercise already raises gh, so I can see what you mean about the lack of applicability of that study, at least in the sense that it does not apply to young bodybuilders.

Plus, as Bobo pointed out, if you consume adequate protein you will not be deficient in glutamine anyways. Once my glutamine is gone (I can't bare to toss it) I will save some $$ and not buy it again.

well first off, the study was done in aging men, who are already on the decline as far as GH goes... so this is certainly not applicable to everyone. Additionally, they were not weight trained so that makes a difference to us. And finally, it was the amino acid mixture vs. placebo (ie zero calories). So you don't know if it was the specific amino acids causing GH release or just the calories/nitrogen from those amino acids and you might have gotten it from a different combination of amino acids. They should have put it up against another isonitrogenous, isocaloric (same amount of nitrogen, same calories) mixture.

-Layne

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
well first off, the study was done in aging men, who are already on the decline as far as GH goes... so this is certainly not applicable to everyone. Additionally, they were not weight trained so that makes a difference to us. And finally, it was the amino acid mixture vs. placebo (ie zero calories). So you don't know if it was the specific amino acids causing GH release or just the calories/nitrogen from those amino acids and you might have gotten it from a different combination of amino acids. They should have put it up against another isonitrogenous, isocaloric (same amount of nitrogen, same calories) mixture.

-Layne
Cool, thanks. So "iso" means same? I love learning the structure of words. Plus, I want to learn to read those studies, but with limited time and a ton of foreign language it is tough.

Last edited:
Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
:welcome:

Welcome dude...great to have you over here (or back I should say)! I'm sure you can teach us (meaning me) a thing or two. :thumbsup:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yep...iso is used often in that sense. A familiar phrase to most is "isotonic solution".
Or Whey Isolate, meaning uniform or homogeneous. So many words, well mainly Latinate words, have a logical structure. Once you learn a chunk you can apply that to so much more.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
wait wait, I dont mean to hijack this thread, but whats the deal with glutamine? So, its a total waste to buy? It doesnt speed up and foster recovery?

Str8----I have to hand it to you, going to school for your PhD, and you have time to look like that, and your aas free, your my idol:thumbsup:

str8flexed

Awards
wait wait, I dont mean to hijack this thread, but whats the deal with glutamine? So, its a total waste to buy? It doesnt speed up and foster recovery?

Str8----I have to hand it to you, going to school for your PhD, and you have time to look like that, and your aas free, your my idol:thumbsup:

thanks man. I appreciate the compliments

glutamine is a pretty big rip. Almost all of the studies done on glutamine showing any positive benefits were done where glutamine was injected directly into the bloodstream; thus bypassing digestion. If you orally ingest glutamine, most of it gets degraded by the small intestine (it is the main fuel for the mucosal cells) to alanine and sent to the liver. You need a basal amount of glutamine for gut health and proper digestion in general but supplementing with it is certainly not nessecary unless you have an inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's or Celiac's.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
OH GEEZ...not another picture log of Layne!!! It took a year of watching Jenna Jamison flicks and chanting "I'm not gay" to get the naked pics of Layne and Ted out of my head from Avant. :frustrate :frustrate

And Derek.....didn't you teach Layne those calf morphing movements yet??? :welcome: :welcome: to both of you :thumbsup:

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Dude, please tell me you are a classic endomorph so I have some hope....
Seriously, I first saw you on BB4U and was impressed. See you next weekend.

str8flexed

Awards
Dude, please tell me you are a classic endomorph so I have some hope....
Seriously, I first saw you on BB4U and was impressed. See you next weekend.
Thanks Jim, I was an ectomorph when i started... but I know numerous endomorphs who have done well to that end :)

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
And Derek.....didn't you teach Layne those calf morphing movements yet??? :welcome: :welcome: to both of you :thumbsup:
We didn't get to train legs at the Olympia, so I'll have to teach Layne in Columbus next week. :cheers:

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Layne...good to see you and Derek around here. I remember both of you from way back on BB.com. Looks like you have your stuff together, good job!

zoomz

Awards
interesting on Glutamine; I was told anything under 5g gets wasted so for benefits >5g; personally i take for the immune system at least from what i have read. I am 57 right now and maybe the age makes a big difference. I'll take a little more than 5g am then same post workout and repeat at bedtime. I remember missing a week or so and got the flu or the start of one and hopped back on Glutamine and got back to normal; this somehow has stood out for me. I still plan on taking it but after your great posts will look closer and see feedback. Much appreciated.

-Layne

str8flexed

Awards
interesting on Glutamine; I was told anything under 5g gets wasted so for benefits >5g; personally i take for the immune system at least from what i have read. I am 57 right now and maybe the age makes a big difference. I'll take a little more than 5g am then same post workout and repeat at bedtime. I remember missing a week or so and got the flu or the start of one and hopped back on Glutamine and got back to normal; this somehow has stood out for me. I still plan on taking it but after your great posts will look closer and see feedback. Much appreciated.

actually there is some data to suggest glutamine helps immune function in chronically diseased individuals but actually SUPRESSES immune function in healthy individuals.

-layne

zoomz

Awards
thanks for the reply layne; well i don't think i have a chronic disease(lol) but that is ceertainly interesting aboput the suppression.

interesting that my blood tests post very positive WBC numbers ; from the doctors point seems way above the average.
my nutrition is second to none as i do compete and like i read about getting enough Glut. I am now wondering if it is because of evrything else (Healthy diet + 1.25g/lb of protein) and not the Glutamine. maybe i should stop using once this batch is gone and have my levels checked in the fall. thanks.

actually there is some data to suggest glutamine helps immune function in chronically diseased individuals but actually SUPRESSES immune function in healthy individuals.

-layne

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Zoomz, if you've got numbers like that, stick with the Glutamine :D There happens to be more research concluding that Glutamine is destroyed in the gut, therefore is rendered ineffective as an oral supplement, than research concluding oral supplementation is effective, BUT if you are experiencing results then I'm sure it's in your best interest to continue using it. (I've seen maybe one or two studies concluding it's effective versus about 6.022*10^23 posts by str8flexed concluding it's not.)

Layne, I've read all of your anti-glutamine posts, but I'm sure you can agree that if he seems to be having results than he should continue, right ? ;)

str8flexed

Awards
Zoomz, if you've got numbers like that, stick with the Glutamine :D There happens to be more research concluding that Glutamine is destroyed in the gut, therefore is rendered ineffective as an oral supplement, than research concluding oral supplementation is effective, BUT if you are experiencing results then I'm sure it's in your best interest to continue using it. (I've seen maybe one or two studies concluding it's effective versus about 6.022*10^23 posts by str8flexed concluding it's not.)

Layne, I've read all of your anti-glutamine posts, but I'm sure you can agree that if he seems to be having results than he should continue, right ? ;)
how does he know those result weren't just from his high protein intake and healthy lifestyle. I think going off of it for a while and getting his levels checked in a few months whilst keeping everything else steady is the best long term deal. Will save him thousands of dollars over the course of his life. (assuming he kept buying glutamine)