Beginning of cycle pics.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Ok I figured I would start this with the pics starting my cycle of test cyp and dbol.
I am 6 foot. 188 pounds. Started this cycle at 8.9% bf. I am excited to see the results after my post cycle.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Ya man for sure! lookin pretty thick even before the cycle, best of luck brotha

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Hey thanks! I tried to get as low as I could in body fat %. So that way I would not be to high at the end of the bulk. I am not a body builder. Nor do I want to be. I just want to have a good solid muslce base and be lean and cut. I really want to get my delts, my biceps, and my lats a lot bigger. I have to travel sometimes for work and I have been really sure to get it all scheduled before this cycle and well after my post cycle. It is my first cycle and I am stoked about the results.
I will also post my updates and general logs in this thread.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Lookin good man and goodluck with the cycle. All i have to say is get that chest bigger! :D

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I am not a body builder. Nor do I want to be. I just want to have a good solid muslce base and be lean and cut. I really want to get my delts, my biceps, and my lats a lot bigger.
C'mon face..... I think that above statement say your a bodybuilder.. And you know you want to be.. Don't deny it. :laugh:

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
good luck with the cycle bro! I'm probably going to start one up too (enth) in mid april. ill be starting at around 175 lbs fairly lean.. cant wait

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
C'mon face..... I think that above statement say your a bodybuilder.. And you know you want to be.. Don't deny it. :laugh:
ya that probably sounds like it. But my goal is now that I am divorced I am like a dog let out of the backyard and able to chase all the "cars" i want to.
And being ripped sure does give you a whole lot more possibilities. ;-)

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
ya that probably sounds like it. But my goal is now that I am divorced I am like a dog let out of the backyard and able to chase all the "cars" i want to.
And being ripped sure does give you a whole lot more possibilities. ;-)
Cough....... bodybuilder....... cough

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
well lets say I am not in it to be judged on a stage.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
ok well i define(d) a bodybuilder as someone judged on stage. I guess then I am a body builder

And ya I am glad i kick started it with dbol because my workout today was ****ing awsome! I felt like a beast in the gym.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
ok well i define(d) a bodybuilder as someone judged on stage. I guess then I am a body builder

And ya I am glad i kick started it with dbol because my workout today was ****ing awsome! I felt like a beast in the gym.

Nice so your dbol is solid?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
if not then I got a placebo effect like a mo fo! (there is no way it is a placebo effect now). Plus in general I feel great and happy go lucky.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Welll today is the 3rd time that lift day on the cycle. I cant wait to get in. Once 5:00 comes I am getting out of here like a bat out of hell. Today is my shoulders day.
On a side not about the gear I love it! Man seriously I have had some bullshit news and drama the past couple of days that but I have felt so good and **** that it has not affected me. I found out that my apartment complex is evicting me from to many noise complaints and I have 3 days to get out.
Oh well. Atleast I move on one of my off days! :)
So far I have gone from 188 pounds to 194.6.
My diet is exactly opposite from the "anything and everything in site".
I stick to low carbs, lean meats, obviously high protein.
I am going to wait one more week before I check my bf% again.
the day before I started my cycle I ate the first piece of junk food since september. 1 donut. Other than that I quantum analyze everything that I ingest.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Welll today is the 3rd time that lift day on the cycle. I cant wait to get in. Once 5:00 comes I am getting out of here like a bat out of hell. Today is my shoulders day.
On a side not about the gear I love it! Man seriously I have had some bullshit news and drama the past couple of days that but I have felt so good and **** that it has not affected me. I found out that my apartment complex is evicting me from to many noise complaints and I have 3 days to get out.
Oh well. Atleast I move on one of my off days! :)
So far I have gone from 188 pounds to 194.6.
My diet is exactly opposite from the "anything and everything in site".
I stick to low carbs, lean meats, obviously high protein.
I am going to wait one more week before I check my bf% again.
the day before I started my cycle I ate the first piece of junk food since september. 1 donut. Other than that I quantum analyze everything that I ingest.
6.6 pounds in 3 days!!??!! Damn.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
One thing I noticed was the recovery time. For as sore as I was yesterday (which was so sore I could hardly lift my arms above my head), I would usually be sore for several days. I woke up this morning and was not sore at all.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear bro! Tear it up, I wanna how you respond to that test.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
So today I noticed the first little bit of bloating. Mainly around my belly. I am starting to loose the definition of my abs a little. However overall the bloating is extremely minimal. (I am only 6 days into the cycle).
Strength gains in the gym yesterday were about the same as sunday. Although I am not near as sore as I was on monday after sundays workout.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I weighed myself this morning and was at 196.8. So a total so far of 8.8
I am sure I will start tapering off soon, right? I mean I am not complaining by any means. But hell its only been a week.
Today is my back. I have been looking forward to working out my back. Especially the seated cable rows. I want to see just how much of that I can lift.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Man one thing I notice is about 20 minutes after taking the dbol I get so ****ing hot! I can hardly stand it. I will be in my cubicle sweating my ass off.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Well looks like you might have some solid dbol! I've heard that can happen.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Today I really noticed for the first time the visual mass gain. I definitly have picked up a little mass. I put this shirt on that I wore a week before my cycle. This shirt was already pretty snug. Well when I put it on I could hardly breath. I felt like I had put on a childrens t shirt. Hell I could hardly get it off.
Another thing is man my ass is so sore after these shots. It does not hurt at all the day of. But the next morning it will be so sore. I am definitily limping for a few days.
I hope that does not happen every time. If it does then my legs days are going to get skipped a bunch.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Today I really noticed for the first time the visual mass gain. I definitly have picked up a little mass. I put this shirt on that I wore a week before my cycle. This shirt was already pretty snug. Well when I put it on I could hardly breath. I felt like I had put on a childrens t shirt. Hell I could hardly get it off.
Another thing is man my ass is so sore after these shots. It does not hurt at all the day of. But the next morning it will be so sore. I am definitily limping for a few days.
I hope that does not happen every time. If it does then my legs days are going to get skipped a bunch.
Glad to hear you are seeing change in mass bro!

As far as the shot goes try sitting on your butt and rolling around on it a little bit after you take the shot. When I was in recruit training back in the day we had to have this shot once a month, i forgot what it was but everyone called it the peanut butter shot cause it was like having peanut butter injected in your ass cheek so they always told us to sit on our a$$ and roll around a bit to break it up a bit otherwise the next day we could hardly sit or lay in our racks

dunno.... its worth a try!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Looks promising bro. Keep hitting those weights hard.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
So I went and weighed in yesterday and had my bf% checked. I gained 10 pounds last week. 6.5 pounds of muscle. 3.5 pounds of fat.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Let me add this perspective for ya...It took Dorian Yates 13 years to put on 70lbs of muscle tissue...There is no way possible that you put on almost 7lbs of pure muscle tissue in a week and 3 days...Maybe water within the cell, but that will more than likely not be that easy to keep...Don't get caught up in the numbers game...I weigh myself usually once every 2 weeks and try to strictly go by the mirror now...I was once 245-250@5'9-. It sure looked good on the scale but did not look so pretty naked. Well it was not horrible but being leaner IMO looks alot better...and a lot bigger in the long run

Not at all trying to be negative, or come across as a know it all...Just trying to keep someone from going down the same road I went down...Good luck on your cycle man and please keep us posted...Whats your diet consisting of ?

So I went and weighed in yesterday and had my bf% checked. I gained 10 pounds last week. 6.5 pounds of muscle. 3.5 pounds of fat.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Let me add this perspective for ya...It took Dorian Yates 13 years to put on 70lbs of muscle tissue...There is no way possible that you put on almost 7lbs of pure muscle tissue in a week and 3 days...Maybe water within the cell, but that will more than likely not be that easy to keep...Don't get caught up in the numbers game...I weigh myself usually once every 2 weeks and try to strictly go by the mirror now...I was once 245-250@5'9-. It sure looked good on the scale but did not look so pretty naked. Well it was not horrible but being leaner IMO looks alot better...and a lot bigger in the long run

Not at all trying to be negative, or come across as a know it all...Just trying to keep someone from going down the same road I went down...Good luck on your cycle man and please keep us posted...Whats your diet consisting of ?
I dont at all take that as negative. I am not someone to take any suggestions or constructive criticisms personally. So any input is greatly appreciated.
I dont by any means think that is all muscle. In fact by looking at the body fat % it looks like only half is.
The only reason I weigh myself and check the bf% so much is purely just for the logs.
My diet?

Typical day would be.
6:30 am
5 eggs
2 packs of oatmeal
1 protein shake

10:00 am
Chicken sandwich (2 pieces of whole wheat bread and lean chicken breast)
1:30 am
salad
Chicken sandwich (2 pieces of whole wheat bread and lean chicken breast)

4:00 pm
5 hard boiled eggs.
baby carrots

6:30 -7:30
Protein shake
2 lean chicken breast
sometimes brown rice again

9:00pm
variation of salmon, chicken, or lean meat.
(depends on what i am in the mood for. )

I always make sure I land at around 3,400 calories a day. Atleast 300-350g of protein.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good man...I would throw a serving or 2 of broccoli on each meal...It will slow down the digestionof the protein and also has the ability to make you feel full...Especially at night when cutting carbs.

Good luck man and I'll be keeping up with this log.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good man...I would throw a serving or 2 of broccoli on each meal...It will slow down the digestionof the protein and also has the ability to make you feel full...Especially at night when cutting carbs.

Good luck man and I'll be keeping up with this log.
man I think that I have the opposite problem. for some reason once I started my bulking my appetite has gone down. I have to force myself to eat my caloric intake goal. I dont know why that is. Maybe because I was dieting for soooooooooooooo long. I thought that I would be able to eat and eat that amount with no problem. Its been more difficult than I thought.
Any thoughts?

Oh ya and the pain of the shots has been getting less and less. but they still hurt the next couple of days!

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
My general rule of thumb when bulking is I eat till I'm full and thats it....I might push it a little beyond that but not much...It's your bodies way of saying "enough" and remember if there are simply to many calories then they will be stored as fat...500-1000{Usually not needed} extra calories per day Max is enough to gain muscle mass...Especially if you just have average genetics like myself...If your a hard gainer it's a completely different story.

I love to hear how people say they gained 25 lbs off a bulker and yet the tend to ignore the fact that more than half of that is water and fat which = inactive tissue...Which come time to diet it makes it all the more painful...I know from experience.

Just some info you might find useful.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I eat 500 above my maintenance. Thats it. Because my body will start storing anything extra as fat. Right now if I dont count calories and just go by the fact of if I am full or not. I would be coming up way short of my 3400 calories a day goal. Which is odd because I can usually eat and eat and eat.
Oh well.

Obsidi8n

Obsidi8n

Awards
yo good luck man! I'll be checking in from time to time!

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I am going to do this quick and dirty. I am just going to post the increase in weight since starting the cycle

Chest
bench press-20 pounds
incline bench presss- 15
incline dumbell press- 20 pounds (per dumbell)

Biceps
barbell curls-20 pounds (I think I could have done more but the pre-made barbells only went up to 110)
dumbell curls -10 pounds (?!?!??)

And will update the rest later tonight or tomorrow as I just realized I am late to meet someone. OOOPs

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I am finally starting to taper off on the weight gain. I have sat at 207 for the last 3 days. I was starting to wonder when that would happen. Tomorrow will be the end of the 2 week. I cant wait for the strength gains from the test. I still have several more weeks for that to happen.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
today I got my weekly bf% checked. And I gained 5.29 lbs of muscle and gained .11 pounds of fat since last week.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Lookin good face. What other support supplements are you taking? This could lead to the eating portion. I havent pinned or taking hormones, but when i get in the groove of a cut then a bulk the same thing happens to me. If supps arent the problem, its problaby ur body used to the old eating habits. Try mixing some stuff up.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I am taking creatine, milk thistle, and waxy maize. I bought some iso mass gainer. Just so if I am coming up short on my calories a day I can drink some of that to ensure that I get that # of calories a day. I think it is probably that I cut for so long that my body is not used to consuming that much a day.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Did you try that butt shot roll on your a$$ thing? Did it help?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yup a shot in the a$$ never feels good.... unless she likes it that way! hahahahahahahahaha