Am I close to my genetic limit? (lots o' pics)

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Hey all. I am a 21 year old hardgainer who took a year off lifting due to injury. Durring that time I read countless books and magazines to educate myself about dieting, nutrition, suppliments, and lifting.

Here are my progess results thus far:

Start - 127lbs.

SKINNY. But lookin like a true ectomorph!
:dl:
2 months in - 145 lbs

3 months in - 157 lbs

3 months 2 1/2 weeks in - 164lbs
(Hit a plateau to I threw DTH and Sunami into the mix and I smashed through the plateau like it wasnt even there.)

forearms and back are my strong points, so i thought id show you how the forearms are doin

My diet: eat everything and anything in sight!!!:spam:

My suppliments: darkmater, trac no extreme, bcaa, beta alanine, zma (nightly), glutamine (once in a while), fish oils, multi, dth(added in for last 2.5 weeks), tried powerfull by usp for second month (it was nice).

Do you think I am closing in on my genetic limit or do i still have a bit to go? My natty weight is 125(ectomorph), currently 164. As far as I can tell I'm still gaining about a pound or 2 a week.

Last edited:
buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
:type:
You have a long way to go before you reach your genetic limit; you're only 21 you won't reach that point for several years to come.
DAYUMN. so I will grow at this rate for years? thats pretty chill! So that pretty much means I will never get to try the havoc :( huh? not for years...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wait how long have you been lifting

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
So that pretty much means I will never get to try the havoc :( huh? not for years...
there is really no need for it yet. With a great diet and good training, you will probably grow faster naturally than someone my age on a ph or steroid. Remember, nothing good comes fast in bodybuilding. It takes years of dedicated hard work.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
almost 4 months now.

but i have muscle memory cuz i had been lifting on and off since i was 15. i took a year off. im 21 now.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok u gained like 40lbs and are still gaining at 1-2lbs a week that is pretty darn far from being near genetic potential yet. No need to rush things its all just a continual process..

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
there is really no need for it yet. With a great diet and good training, you will probably grow faster naturally than someone my age on a ph or steroid. Remember, nothing good comes fast in bodybuilding. It takes years of dedicated hard work.
well thanks bro good to know. appreciate the feedback!:type:

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
ok u gained like 40lbs and are still gaining at 1-2lbs a week that is pretty darn far from being near genetic potential yet. No need to rush things its all just a continual process..
yeah im still gaining. aight, i wont rush nothin'. thanks!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
yeah buddy you're fine. you look like you have a good frame to really add some great muscle growth to.

you and me, we're still young. the best supplements for us are chicken and sleep.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Looking good man.Def not maxed out yet though.

Heartless88

Heartless88

Awards
DAMMMMM :jaw::bigeyes: I GET TO TAP TAP TAPP THATTTT :hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump: HAHAHAHAHAHA
(DREWLS) :smlove2::sly::hump::hump::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:

LOLLLL

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. yeah young guys love chicken, and steak, and noodles, and cake, and everything thats edible!

Heartless88

Heartless88

Awards
u look great in these pictures but in person ur soooo much more bigggerr.
too bad
i am ur best judge

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AT 21 no where near your genetic limit. you have just put on alot of good size pretty quickly so it's bound to slow down but you still got room to grow. if your gain 1lb a week you are far far away people at their genetic potential or close to it gain like 10lb in a whole year. You got a good base and put on good size just be patient it will come

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you got a way to go to your natural potential, but realistically very few dedicated souls actually reach their genetic potential naturally before going the hormone route. But if you're like me, you start waaay too early to get a "jumpstart" so to speak, and end up with lower test levels than you had and what you're used to. Not worth it IMO, but once you go all in you're all in. It's your decision. I made mine and I sometimes regret it, but I know I wouldn't be the size I am today had I stayed natural. There's no doubt it speeds things up.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
your pecs definitely have room to grow.
i have some type of injury that flares up when i do chest workouts! It's like behind my shoulder, feels like a rear delt or something. it feels more like a muscle or tendon than a joint. So that has been holding me back from getting in solid chest days lately! The pain will flare up durring/ after a set and subside within about 30 seconds of rest. Feel no pain for military press or any shoulder or back workouts, just chest!

so thats why my chest is underdeveloped.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'd give animal flex a try.

it's a solid joint and lig. health supp.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you look great man.Some people would do steroids just to get you body, i just ripped a guy for stacking 2 methyls h drol and epi for 6 weeks and he didnt improve at all, its truly pathetic the progress he made, your have good genetice and when your older bro you will be a machine, and when u do come over to the darkside with us, you will be a freak! I promise you. be patient, you will join all of us soon. But like homie saud once your in, your in, trust me.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
going from 125 to where you are now shows a lot of dedication. i started out very skinny as well (134), so i know your pain. congrats on your progress man.

if i may offer some advice, it would be to work on heavy upright rows, with a very wide grip to help widen out your shoulder girdle. additionally, if you really feel you're not progressing, look into "DC training" or "west side for skinny bastards". again, great job so far.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
going from 125 to where you are now shows a lot of dedication. i started out very skinny as well (134), so i know your pain. congrats on your progress man.

if i may offer some advice, it would be to work on heavy upright rows, with a very wide grip to help widen out your shoulder girdle. additionally, if you really feel you're not progressing, look into "DC training" or "west side for skinny bastards". again, great job so far.
here's a link to all the west side for skinny bastards articles.
http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles.html

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
u look great in these pictures but in person ur soooo much more bigggerr.
too bad
i am ur best judge
ya shoulda taken his pictures for him so he didn't have so many flash and mirror picks :spam:

way2slickrick

way2slickrick

Awards
wow that is great progress bro, im almost your age just a little older (24), and to see your results encourages me more to work out n stay natural, but in my case i havent worked out since 6 years ago and barely getting back into it for about only 2 weeks and im not even taking any supps, nor any whey anything anything yet and all these guys on here telling you max ur body out first..Listen to them they give the best advice, Suncloud has helped me out alot on understanding everything nutrient and excercise wise and also everyone on this thread has given u great advice also, but again congrats on ur progress ur doing awesome man

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established

alright thanks for the advice ill try that upright row

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
you look great man.Some people would do steroids just to get you body, i just ripped a guy for stacking 2 methyls h drol and epi for 6 weeks and he didnt improve at all, its truly pathetic the progress he made, your have good genetice and when your older bro you will be a machine, and when u do come over to the darkside with us, you will be a freak! I promise you. be patient, you will join all of us soon. But like homie saud once your in, your in, trust me.
once your in your in? that doesn't sound very forgiving? Does it hinder your bodys ability to build muscle if you are off cycle or something? if so, whats the reason for this? clogged androgen receptors? Lower natural test levels?

You cant just cycle once to smash through a plateau, lose some of it, but gain it back naturally due to muscle memory?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what I mean man is that once you work out while enhanced, you will never have as good of a workout wihtout being enhanced, your pumps are bigger, endurance/stamina are increased, size goes up way quicker, like I said you wont be able to just do 1. Once your in.. your in, period.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
what I mean man is that once you work out while enhanced, you will never have as good of a workout wihtout being enhanced, your pumps are bigger, endurance/stamina are increased, size goes up way quicker, like I said you wont be able to just do 1. Once your in.. your in, period.
addicted.

wastchak

wastchak

Awards
you still got the best years for weight lifting coming up. I felt and made my best gains around 23/24. by the way when I started to workout i wieghed about 165 now im almost 200 and im only 5ft7. you can always add in powerlifting and eat like a horse and you will grow but you will also put on some fat. but like i said from my experience your early mid 20s you should add muscle fine natural.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
that sucks! my workouts are already bomby mac while natty. maybe i wont ever do that then cuz i dont wanna ruin my natty workouts

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
FOUND A PICTURE = to how i was 3 months back, when i started my journey!