Pics of jake..... - AnabolicMinds.com

Pics of jake.....

  1. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    Pics of jake.....


    Well guys, figured it was about time to show some photos of me and see what i need to work on. Critique....flame......do what you guys do.... .......I'll probably get some "eat more"'s. Well, tell me what you guys think.

  2. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    Heres one of em....





  3. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    heres the legs....

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    and the back shot.....

  5. New Member
    tatortodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    311

    Reputation

    I get a screen saying
    The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

    Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file.
    ~Todd
    Last edited by tatortodd; 12-11-2003 at 12:23 AM.
  6. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    Yeah, i couldnt figure out how to post the pics directly into the forum....if someone wants to enlighten me id be more than happy to make the changes.
  7. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    ****, thats what i was afraid of, help me out tatortodd
  8. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    haha, good to go, took me a while but i got it
  9. Banned
    sifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    You have a really good base man, some people can eat tons, and not gain any weight. Definately don't need to cut. You are damn tan for living up in the interior.
  10. Board Supporter
    TMack40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    31
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    296

    Reputation

    Looking real good bro, very ripped. Eat more!!...jk. Only place you look to be lacking is on the lats a little.
  11. New Member
    tatortodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    311

    Reputation

    I can see them now that you've replaced the links with photos.

    Nice pics. How long have you been lifting? Looks like you:[list=1][*]are under 10% bf[*]have good definition[*]have a good base to add some mass. [/list=1]

    constructive criticism:[list=1][*]Are you doing full range of motion on your bicep work? It looks like your brachialis (sp?) is lagging behind the rest of the bicep.[*]Looks like your right delt, tri, and bi are slightly bigger than your left.[/list=1]

    ~Todd
  12. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2268

    Reputation

    Great job.

    I would work on everything(as everyone should) but make sure to get work in for your lats and traps.


    Why do you shave your legs(if not then they look shaved) but not your arms?
  13. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    Might be the lighting, but the legs arent shaved. Not a hairy guy to begin with though. I just started lifting about 9-10 months ago but really got a good routine and clean diet down bout 4-5 months ago, didnt really make any progress till i really got my diet down and then just blew up. been trying to add some size to traps recently but what are some good excercises you guys would recomend for some lat development? Anyone else think my right arms a bit bigger than my left? I cant really notice it but ill talk the boards word over mine anyday. Thanks to all and let me know whatever info you guys want to help me out. oh yeah here are some stats.

    Age: 20
    height: 6"0'
    weight:187
    BF: guessing at around 8 or 9%
  14. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    1452

    Reputation

    I can't say much to criticize except that you simply could use more mass, which I'm sure you already know, lol. Definition is there, also seems to be decent muscle density and so forth, just need to enlarge it IMO bro

    EDIT: lats and traps are good suggestions, I'd really take a close look at your back day and see if you can emphasize or readjust accordingly. What's you routine for back/traps?

    Seems I'd focus on maybe some heavy deads, standing BB lat pulls, and heavy DB shrugs even
  15. New Member
    socrates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Good overall shape and condition. Outer quads are looking good.
  16. Banned
    sifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Zar is here. Welcome aboard man.
  17. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    Originally posted by sifu
    You are damn tan for living up in the interior.
    Haha, should have seen me this summer im pale compared to what i was 6 months back.......
  18. New Member
    acecombact1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    238

    Reputation

    nice work

    great job bro
  19. New Member
    jaketparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    178

    Reputation

    allright, a back day for me would look something like this

    deadlifts 4 sets

    1 warm up= 10x135
    2= 8x 225
    3= 6x 275
    4= 315 till i cant get anymore, usually 3 or 4

    wide grip lat pulldowns = 4 sets

    heavy tbar rows= 4 sets

    individual dumbell rows OR barbell rows= 4 sets of either

    medium grip behing neck pulldowns= 4 sets


    Tell me what you guys think i should add in for some lat development, shrugs are thrown in my shoulder days in case you were wondering, just what ive always done. Let me know if you guys want to know anyhting else.
  20. Advanced Member
    maggmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    494

    Reputation

    pulldowns are fine but if you can do them you should do weighted pull-ups or chin ups with as wide a grip as possible, now that will burn your back out
  21. New Member
    csakiges's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    216

    Reputation

    Here is my opinion. I think first off, you look great as others said you would look really good with more mass. But I think you have a great build. As for suggestion on back and lats. I think you are doing too much for your back. I personally feel all you really need is deads and pullups and I gurantee you, you will get bigger (if your diet is good). If you wanted to add some type of rowing motion, that might be ok, but you show me a person with a great deadlift and can do good weighted pullups and I bet you they have a great back both thickness and width.

    Also, maggmaster, and please others chime in. My thought has always been, wider is not always better. If you go too wide, i think you shorten your range of motion which range of motion with all exercises is the key. I know Arnold was a big advocate of wide as possible pull ups for a big back, but I think Arnold could have done anything and had a great back. Please anyone chime in please, I do mine slightly wider than shoulder width.
  22. New Member
    socrates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by csakiges
    Here is my opinion. I think first off, you look great as others said you would look really good with more mass. But I think you have a great build. As for suggestion on back and lats. I think you are doing too much for your back. I personally feel all you really need is deads and pullups and I gurantee you, you will get bigger (if your diet is good). If you wanted to add some type of rowing motion, that might be ok, but you show me a person with a great deadlift and can do good weighted pullups and I bet you they have a great back both thickness and width.

    Also, maggmaster, and please others chime in. My thought has always been, wider is not always better. If you go too wide, i think you shorten your range of motion which range of motion with all exercises is the key. I know Arnold was a big advocate of wide as possible pull ups for a big back, but I think Arnold could have done anything and had a great back. Please anyone chime in please, I do mine slightly wider than shoulder width.
    Good points about the range of motion and Arnold's genes.
    With pullups I have my own versions. When I do go wide I try to pull myslef to one side and alternate side to side. Most times I've been using shoulder wide parallel grip where I would try to hold it for four second count at the top. Since I don't have a weight belt and find holding a dumbell between my legs awkward doing my reps this way at the end of my back routine keeps the reps reasonable to under 12 a set.
    On the other hand I consider my back relatively a weak bodypart....so take my advice with a grain of salt.
  23. New Member
    rugdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    131

    Reputation

    Stretch


    Quote Originally Posted by jaketparker
    allright, a back day for me would look something like this

    deadlifts 4 sets

    1 warm up= 10x135
    2= 8x 225
    3= 6x 275
    4= 315 till i cant get anymore, usually 3 or 4

    wide grip lat pulldowns = 4 sets

    heavy tbar rows= 4 sets

    individual dumbell rows OR barbell rows= 4 sets of either

    medium grip behing neck pulldowns= 4 sets


    Tell me what you guys think i should add in for some lat development, shrugs are thrown in my shoulder days in case you were wondering, just what ive always done. Let me know if you guys want to know anyhting else.
    IMO, Stretching between EACH set of Back work really does wonders for your total Lat development...rugdr
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fav pic of Arnold
    By 2cAnnons in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 06:01 AM
  2. pic of me!
    By dr.mattdogg in forum Pics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 12:14 AM
  3. Crappy Pics of me!
    By jweave23 in forum Pics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 01:02 AM
  4. pic of the mods
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 03:13 PM
  5. heres on older pic of me..kinda dark
    By hamper19 in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 08:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in