Fasting Benefits with Alphamine - Article - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Fasting Benefits with Alphamine - Article

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35036

    Reputation

    Any thoughts on a cutting schedule that features early morning fasted lifting, and evening cardio towards the end of the feeding windows, with a small meal afterwards?

    I have a few reasons for this. First I only have 1 hour to workout in the morning and prefer not to lift and do cardio in the same session. I do enjoy lifting fasted. I mainly do cardio for conditioning and not for weight loss. Also, in the spring/summer I play basketball twice a week after work so I substitue that for my cardio session. Schedule would look like this:

    4 AM 2 scoops Alphamine
    5 AM weight training (I use aminos as outlined in leangains)
    8 AM 1 scoop Alphamine
    11 AM first meal, feeding window begins
    5 PM cardio
    6-7 PM last small meal

  2. nSe7en's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    10953

    Reputation

    Would this work if you just wanted to lose weight and drop overall body fat? I do 35- 45 min HIIT cardio most mornings before work and do jiu jitsu of a night. I don't really do any form of weight training at all. There is a lot of resistance in Jiu Jitsu but nothing that develops lean muscle i dont think. Would this work or is this mainly for people who do weight training?

    Thanks
  3. BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    7039438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nSe7en View Post
    Would this work if you just wanted to lose weight and drop overall body fat? I do 35- 45 min HIIT cardio most mornings before work and do jiu jitsu of a night. I don't really do any form of weight training at all. There is a lot of resistance in Jiu Jitsu but nothing that develops lean muscle i dont think. Would this work or is this mainly for people who do weight training?

    Thanks
    Friends of mine take it for the same reason, staying lean and energy for MMA sessions.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
    •   
       

  4. nSe7en's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    10953

    Reputation

    Thank you, appreciate the response.
  5. LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,513
    Rep Power
    9695600

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nSe7en
    Would this work if you just wanted to lose weight and drop overall body fat? I do 35- 45 min HIIT cardio most mornings before work and do jiu jitsu of a night. I don't really do any form of weight training at all. There is a lot of resistance in Jiu Jitsu but nothing that develops lean muscle i dont think. Would this work or is this mainly for people who do weight training?

    Thanks
    Alphamine would fit perfect. It is also good for people who do weight training because of the ingredients that help preserve muscle while in calorie deficits and burning fat. I personally have used alphamine while bulking, cutting and lean bulking with positive results each time. Incredibly versatile product and it makes an amazing pre-workout as well!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  6. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I usually dose 6-7g fish oil pre workout. Seen nothing but great effects and helps to lean me out

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    I'd stop this. It's directly inhibiting hypertrophy and causing a TON of oxidative stress
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Alphamine would fit perfect. It is also good for people who do weight training because of the ingredients that help preserve muscle while in calorie deficits and burning fat. I personally have used alphamine while bulking, cutting and lean bulking with positive results each time. Incredibly versatile product and it makes an amazing pre-workout as well!
    Agreed, alphamine is perfect for fasted cardio. The unique yohimbine blend + caffeine promotes heavy lipolysis during fasted exercise (which is further boosted by the AMPK effects of chlorogenic acid), while the HICA preserves muscle mass simultaneously.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,513
    Rep Power
    9695600

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Agreed, alphamine is perfect for fasted cardio. The unique yohimbine blend + caffeine promotes heavy lipolysis during fasted exercise (which is further boosted by the AMPK effects of chlorogenic acid), while the HICA preserves muscle mass simultaneously.
    Coop summing it up all smart like!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  9. nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    3183268

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Agreed, alphamine is perfect for fasted cardio. The unique yohimbine blend + caffeine promotes heavy lipolysis during fasted exercise (which is further boosted by the AMPK effects of chlorogenic acid), while the HICA preserves muscle mass simultaneously.
    A great Pre-Cardio formula!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  10. EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,992
    Rep Power
    1838746

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post

    Coop summing it up all smart like!
    Mr Cooper to you Jeff.

    Jks

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  11. LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,513
    Rep Power
    9695600

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post

    Mr Cooper to you Jeff.

    Jks

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Where are my manners????
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  12. HAMinTheTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    39

    Reputation

    Fish oil inhibits hypertrophy ?
  13. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMinTheTrap View Post
    Fish oil inhibits hypertrophy ?
    If megadosed immediately preworkout, yes.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. HAMinTheTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    39

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    If megadosed immediately preworkout, yes.
    What about after workout??

    I started looking around the web about it and found this:
    ironmanmagazine.com/does-fish-oil-interfere-with-muscle-growth/

    (read the last paragraph)
  15. mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,350
    Rep Power
    1117028

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    better to use before a higher fat meal or the day after......superbowl? lol
  16. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMinTheTrap View Post
    What about after workout??

    I started looking around the web about it and found this:
    ironmanmagazine.com/does-fish-oil-interfere-with-muscle-growth/

    (read the last paragraph)
    Postworkout would be suboptimal too. Why stress these kinds of things? Just take your fish oil with any meal that isn't around your workout
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. HAMinTheTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    39

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Postworkout would be suboptimal too. Why stress these kinds of things? Just take your fish oil with any meal that isn't around your workout
    No stress!

    Thanks coop
  18. horizons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    189546

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Fasting Benefits with Alphamine - Article


    This is unfair that alphamine is not in Australia (yohimbe)

    What other product would be suffice for this fasting protocol?

    I do have some yohimbe HCL that got slipped through ages ago
  19. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMinTheTrap View Post
    No stress!

    Thanks coop
    No problem bud

    Quote Originally Posted by dsbhaver View Post
    This is unfair that alphamine is not in Australia (yohimbe)

    What other product would be suffice for this fasting protocol?

    I do have some yohimbe HCL that got slipped through ages ago
    Adding YHCl to the international version of alphamine would have a similar effect
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. horizons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    189546

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Fasting Benefits with Alphamine - Article


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    No problem bud



    Adding YHCl to the international version of alphamine would have a similar effect
    Thanks!
  21. LizKing531's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    1021196

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just to clear up my confusion, I read to take Alphamine on an empty stomach. I train fasted AM & have a protein shake immediately after. I also load a shaker cup with BCAAs & take that to work with me to sip on until I break my fast. Would it be a bad idea to throw a scoop of Alphamine in with the BCAAs? Do the BCAAs hamper the effect of Alphamine, vice-versa, or it doesn't really matter?

    I've got some cutting planned in a month or 2, just getting my ducks in a row...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  22. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Just to clear up my confusion, I read to take Alphamine on an empty stomach. I train fasted AM & have a protein shake immediately after. I also load a shaker cup with BCAAs & take that to work with me to sip on until I break my fast. Would it be a bad idea to throw a scoop of Alphamine in with the BCAAs? Do the BCAAs hamper the effect of Alphamine, vice-versa, or it doesn't really matter?

    I've got some cutting planned in a month or 2, just getting my ducks in a row...
    I currently mix 6 grams of BCAA with a scoop of Alphamine.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  23. WayneD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    229530

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    I currently mix 6 grams of BCAA with a scoop of Alphamine.
    Pre-workout or post? This sound like a good idea
  24. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneD View Post

    Pre-workout or post? This sound like a good idea
    Pre-cardio fasted in the morning. Sometimes Ill do it post workout later in the day also.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  25. WayneD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    229530

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Pre-cardio fasted in the morning. Sometimes Ill do it post workout later in the day also.
    I'm planning on trying enhanced as my morning pre workout and moving alphamine to the afternoon (7 hours after my workout). Will adding the bcaas to alphamine at this time still be effective? I usually have bcaas after my morning workout but it would be great if I can combine shakes
  26. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneD View Post

    I'm planning on trying enhanced as my morning pre workout and moving alphamine to the afternoon (7 hours after my workout). Will adding the bcaas to alphamine at this time still be effective? I usually have bcaas after my morning workout but it would be great if I can combine shakes
    Adding BCAA to Alphamine wouldn't hurt at all. Many people take BCAA and/or Leucine in between meals anyways.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  27. WayneD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    229530

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Adding BCAA to Alphamine wouldn't hurt at all. Many people take BCAA and/or Leucine in between meals anyways.
    Sounds great, thanks for your help
  28. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneD View Post

    Sounds great, thanks for your help
    No problem man
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  29. leasky33's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    54

    Reputation

    ive been told on another forum i should take bcaa plus alphamine when i get up in the morning as im fast from about 9 - 10pm then till 2pm the nxt day, on the carb nite solution, so my cardio is just a walk at the moment as ive not got much time to go to the gym
  30. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by leasky33 View Post
    ive been told on another forum i should take bcaa plus alphamine when i get up in the morning as im fast from about 9 - 10pm then till 2pm the nxt day, on the carb nite solution, so my cardio is just a walk at the moment as ive not got much time to go to the gym
    Yes, it is recommended to take Alphamine upon rising. BCAA can be taken alongside but aren't necessary as Alphamine contains HICA.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  31. MaXopA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    74485

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Agreed, alphamine is perfect for fasted cardio. The unique yohimbine blend + caffeine promotes heavy lipolysis during fasted exercise (which is further boosted by the AMPK effects of chlorogenic acid), while the HICA preserves muscle mass simultaneously.
    at the moment I'm on my first lean bulk using Anabeta Elite - approx. 500cal above maintenance: ON = 3500cal, OFF = 2800cal

    Since I usually fast for 14-15 hours (11 PM - 2 PM) and train in the evening, I was wondering whether the addition of Alphamine could enhance results. I already drink 500mg caffeine a day (+200mg from powder) during the first half of the day, throwing in a tablespoon MCT-oil to prolong ketosis.

    Does alphamine make any sense while being on a caloric surplus? Or are there better supps to be stacked while on ABE to boost fasting effects?

    PS: for now I'm not planning to do fasted cardio as I noticed it really keeps me off substantial muscle gains and delays recovery.
  32. Mikekan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    75064

    Reputation Reputation

    How long would you recommend to stay without insulin raise after sipping alphamine for optimum results?
  33. kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Rep Power
    4446274

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikekan View Post
    How long would you recommend to stay without insulin raise after sipping alphamine for optimum results?
    Longer the better. But I usually take Alphamine then eat about 1.5-2 hours later (appetite suppression)
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  34. Mikekan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    75064

    Reputation Reputation

    Fasting and cardio with Alphamine works wonders on me. It literally eats out the fat from trouble areas like lower back.
  35. DarthGainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    4637

    Reputation

    ( Regarding Hica) If taking Alphamine pre workout = 2 scoops, Would the 1 scoop Amino IV pre be needed and just use 1 intra.
  36. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthGainer View Post
    ( Regarding Hica) If taking Alphamine pre workout = 2 scoops, Would the 1 scoop Amino IV pre be needed and just use 1 intra.
    2 scoops alphamine should allow you to use 1 scoop Amino IV
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  37. DarthGainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    4637

    Reputation

    Cheers coop.
  38. LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,513
    Rep Power
    9695600

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    2 scoops alphamine should allow you to use 1 scoop Amino IV
    2 scooped Alphamine should allow a person to fly!
    Even after well over a year I still only rock 1 heaping scoop to 1 1/2 at most.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  39. Driven2lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,036
    Rep Power
    3960573

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    2 scooped Alphamine should allow a person to fly! Even after well over a year I still only rock 1 heaping scoop to 1 1/2 at most.
    2 + AT2 + 50mg Forskolin,

    How the cool kids cut
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  40. nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    3183268

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This is one of the best articles I have read still (Kevinhy wrote it)...great way to lose fat!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 08:18 AM
  2. Fasted cardio with or without protein?
    By Jonbero in forum Supplements
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
  3. Fasted cardio with more than a few % points to lose.
    By kingdong in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 10:10 AM
  5. Fasting cardio with AAS
    By bpmartyr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in