Fasting Benefits with Alphamine - Article

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
If megadosed immediately preworkout, yes.
What about after workout??

I started looking around the web about it and found this:
ironmanmagazine.com/does-fish-oil-interfere-with-muscle-growth/

(read the last paragraph)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
better to use before a higher fat meal or the day after......superbowl? lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What about after workout??

I started looking around the web about it and found this:
ironmanmagazine.com/does-fish-oil-interfere-with-muscle-growth/

(read the last paragraph)
Postworkout would be suboptimal too. Why stress these kinds of things? Just take your fish oil with any meal that isn't around your workout

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
This is unfair that alphamine is not in Australia (yohimbe)

What other product would be suffice for this fasting protocol?

I do have some yohimbe HCL that got slipped through ages ago

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Just to clear up my confusion, I read to take Alphamine on an empty stomach. I train fasted AM & have a protein shake immediately after. I also load a shaker cup with BCAAs & take that to work with me to sip on until I break my fast. Would it be a bad idea to throw a scoop of Alphamine in with the BCAAs? Do the BCAAs hamper the effect of Alphamine, vice-versa, or it doesn't really matter?

I've got some cutting planned in a month or 2, just getting my ducks in a row...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to clear up my confusion, I read to take Alphamine on an empty stomach. I train fasted AM & have a protein shake immediately after. I also load a shaker cup with BCAAs & take that to work with me to sip on until I break my fast. Would it be a bad idea to throw a scoop of Alphamine in with the BCAAs? Do the BCAAs hamper the effect of Alphamine, vice-versa, or it doesn't really matter?

I've got some cutting planned in a month or 2, just getting my ducks in a row...
I currently mix 6 grams of BCAA with a scoop of Alphamine.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre-workout or post? This sound like a good idea
Pre-cardio fasted in the morning. Sometimes Ill do it post workout later in the day also.

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
Pre-cardio fasted in the morning. Sometimes Ill do it post workout later in the day also.
I'm planning on trying enhanced as my morning pre workout and moving alphamine to the afternoon (7 hours after my workout). Will adding the bcaas to alphamine at this time still be effective? I usually have bcaas after my morning workout but it would be great if I can combine shakes

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm planning on trying enhanced as my morning pre workout and moving alphamine to the afternoon (7 hours after my workout). Will adding the bcaas to alphamine at this time still be effective? I usually have bcaas after my morning workout but it would be great if I can combine shakes
Adding BCAA to Alphamine wouldn't hurt at all. Many people take BCAA and/or Leucine in between meals anyways.

leasky33

Awards
ive been told on another forum i should take bcaa plus alphamine when i get up in the morning as im fast from about 9 - 10pm then till 2pm the nxt day, on the carb nite solution, so my cardio is just a walk at the moment as ive not got much time to go to the gym

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been told on another forum i should take bcaa plus alphamine when i get up in the morning as im fast from about 9 - 10pm then till 2pm the nxt day, on the carb nite solution, so my cardio is just a walk at the moment as ive not got much time to go to the gym
Yes, it is recommended to take Alphamine upon rising. BCAA can be taken alongside but aren't necessary as Alphamine contains HICA.

MaXopA

MaXopA

Awards
Agreed, alphamine is perfect for fasted cardio. The unique yohimbine blend + caffeine promotes heavy lipolysis during fasted exercise (which is further boosted by the AMPK effects of chlorogenic acid), while the HICA preserves muscle mass simultaneously.
at the moment I'm on my first lean bulk using Anabeta Elite - approx. 500cal above maintenance: ON = 3500cal, OFF = 2800cal

Since I usually fast for 14-15 hours (11 PM - 2 PM) and train in the evening, I was wondering whether the addition of Alphamine could enhance results. I already drink 500mg caffeine a day (+200mg from powder) during the first half of the day, throwing in a tablespoon MCT-oil to prolong ketosis.

Does alphamine make any sense while being on a caloric surplus? Or are there better supps to be stacked while on ABE to boost fasting effects?

PS: for now I'm not planning to do fasted cardio as I noticed it really keeps me off substantial muscle gains and delays recovery.

Mikekan

Mikekan

Awards
How long would you recommend to stay without insulin raise after sipping alphamine for optimum results?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long would you recommend to stay without insulin raise after sipping alphamine for optimum results?
Longer the better. But I usually take Alphamine then eat about 1.5-2 hours later (appetite suppression)

Mikekan

Mikekan

Awards
Fasting and cardio with Alphamine works wonders on me. It literally eats out the fat from trouble areas like lower back.

DarthGainer

Awards
( Regarding Hica) If taking Alphamine pre workout = 2 scoops, Would the 1 scoop Amino IV pre be needed and just use 1 intra.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 scoops alphamine should allow you to use 1 scoop Amino IV
2 scooped Alphamine should allow a person to fly! :)
Even after well over a year I still only rock 1 heaping scoop to 1 1/2 at most. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
2 scooped Alphamine should allow a person to fly! :) Even after well over a year I still only rock 1 heaping scoop to 1 1/2 at most. :)
2 + AT2 + 50mg Forskolin,

How the cool kids cut

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is one of the best articles I have read still (Kevinhy wrote it)...great way to lose fat!
Kev knows his stuff for sure. The man has perfected the art of body building.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What can i say? Being OCD and getting lean are my specialties! Lol

geearf

Awards
Thanks for this thread!
I stumbled upon it looking for something else related to alphamine and now I have a lot of things to change :)

I've been through most of my alphamine bottle taking it half an hour to an hour and a half before meals, thinking it was a before meal product (like burn24 that I'm currently taking too) now I know it was not.
I haven't done IF in years, but I'm gladly going back to it starting today!

My questions are this:

1) On non lifting days, would it be useful to sip on amino iv in the morning? or staying on the fast + alphamine is enough...
2) On non lifting days, I train boxing/kickboxing in the evening for about 2.5 hours. Would fasted training be good for that too? Whenever I don't eat enough carbs before it I feel weaker after an hour but maybe it's just placebo. I have taken on and off amino iv during my training but I never really felt much of a difference, unlike lifting.

In case it helps my current fat burning stack is:
- 100mg of forskolin-95 (2, 1, 1)
- Alphamine (1.5, 1.5)
- Burn24 (2, 2, 2)

Taking forksolin without food after seems to make me a lot weaker. (burn24 too but since it is a pre meal product that's ok).
I took it plus alphamine an hour and a half ago, and I'm a bit struggling to write this (my vision is kind of blurry now, nothing horrible but...)

Thank you!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for this thread! I stumbled upon it looking for something else related to alphamine and now I have a lot of things to change :) I've been through most of my alphamine bottle taking it half an hour to an hour and a half before meals, thinking it was a before meal product (like burn24 that I'm currently taking too) now I know it was not. I haven't done IF in years, but I'm gladly going back to it starting today! My questions are this: 1) On non lifting days, would it be useful to sip on amino iv in the morning? or staying on the fast + alphamine is enough... 2) On non lifting days, I train boxing/kickboxing in the evening for about 2.5 hours. Would fasted training be good for that too? Whenever I don't eat enough carbs before it I feel weaker after an hour but maybe it's just placebo. I have taken on and off amino iv during my training but I never really felt much of a difference, unlike lifting. In case it helps my current fat burning stack is: - 100mg of forskolin-95 (2, 1, 1) - Alphamine (1.5, 1.5) - Burn24 (2, 2, 2) Taking forksolin without food after seems to make me a lot weaker. (burn24 too but since it is a pre meal product that's ok). I took it plus alphamine an hour and a half ago, and I'm a bit struggling to write this (my vision is kind of blurry now, nothing horrible but...) Thank you!
Dosing Amino IV prior/along/or after Alphamine in the morning would be beneficial. Especially if training fasted.

I would utilize Amino IV prior to and during your kick boxing sessions, especially them lasting 2.5 hours long.

I personally do not like IF or training in a fasted state but I know some do like it. It really comes down to personal preference and how you feel.

geearf

Awards
Dosing Amino IV prior/along/or after Alphamine in the morning would be beneficial. Especially if training fasted.

I would utilize Amino IV prior to and during your kick boxing sessions, especially them lasting 2.5 hours long.

I personally do not like IF or training in a fasted state but I know some do like it. It really comes down to personal preference and how you feel.
1- So you think it'd be beneficial even if not training? That's what I meant.
2- 2 scoops would be good? When I was using it, I was doing 1 scoop per hour or so.
3- I tried again today, I felt I had no strength after half an hour... but maybe I'll get use to it again. Back in the day I used to do it on adderal since it didn't work well with food for me, then I had my PWO, by that point I wouldn't even feel like I had no food in yet :)

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great article, edit: nattydisaster! I have trained fasted before but only on an ad-hoc basis so I have minimal experience. I'm thinking about trying it for the next several months and have some questions as I develop my plan.

On weekdays I workout at night and weekends I work out in the morning. My plan is to fast from 1pm on weekdays, workout at 6pm and eat immediately afterwards at 8pm. On weekends, my plan is to fast from 10pm, sleep/wake up and take a pre-workout drink (might be alphamine soon), workout at ~ 8-10am and the start feeding window pot-workout.

- Any issues or suggestions on the above plan, (ie. Eating immediately post)?
- On rest days should I follow the same feeding schedule to make it easier to maintain the routine?
- Currently, I take a carb drink intra-workout, karbolyn or hbcd). Does it make sense to take it at my 1pm meal or are the benefits of a fast carb lost?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't write this article buddy, Josh (NattyDisaster) did.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1- So you think it'd be beneficial even if not training? That's what I meant. 2- 2 scoops would be good? When I was using it, I was doing 1 scoop per hour or so. 3- I tried again today, I felt I had no strength after half an hour... but maybe I'll get use to it again. Back in the day I used to do it on adderal since it didn't work well with food for me, then I had my PWO, by that point I wouldn't even feel like I had no food in yet :)
1. Yes, Alphamine will still provide benefits even while not training as will Amino IV.
2. 2 scoops will suffice. Just sip it throughout the duration of your kickboxing.
3. I know IF takes a while for the body to adapt to, especially when starting to train fasted.

Great article, edit: nattydisaster! I have trained fasted before but only on an ad-hoc basis so I have minimal experience. I'm thinking about trying it for the next several months and have some questions as I develop my plan. On weekdays I workout at night and weekends I work out in the morning. My plan is to fast from 1pm on weekdays, workout at 6pm and eat immediately afterwards at 8pm. On weekends, my plan is to fast from 10pm, sleep/wake up and take a pre-workout drink (might be alphamine soon), workout at ~ 8-10am and the start feeding window pot-workout. - Any issues or suggestions on the above plan, (ie. Eating immediately post)? - On rest days should I follow the same feeding schedule to make it easier to maintain the routine? - Currently, I take a carb drink intra-workout, karbolyn or hbcd). Does it make sense to take it at my 1pm meal or are the benefits of a fast carb lost?
No issues with the above you have laid out.

I would follow the same schedule on test days for convenience purposes. You technically wouldn't be fasting anymore if you're consuming an intra-workout carb drink.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No issues with the above you have laid out.

I would follow the same schedule on test days for convenience purposes. You technically wouldn't be fasting anymore if you're consuming an intra-workout carb drink.
Yes, agreed on the drinking the carbs intra, but if I drink HBCD like 5-6 hrs before I workout are they really utilized?
What about 3-5g peptopro intra, would that have a meaninglful impact on insulin?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, agreed on the drinking the carbs intra, but if I drink HBCD like 5-6 hrs before I workout are they really utilized? What about 3-5g peptopro intra, would that have a meaninglful impact on insulin?
What would be the benefit of drinking HBCD 5-6 hours prior to your workout?

Anything that has calories (even BCAA) are going to spike insulin.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What would be the benefit of drinking HBCD 5-6 hours prior to your workout?

Anything that has calories (even BCAA) are going to spike insulin.
I assume little but was just testing... Trying to merge my current routine to a fasted training version. Im using the HBCD intra for energy and thinking to take in my carbs at my last meal prior to fasting for energy.

Above several posts indicate amino IV as a good option intra, are you advising against it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I assume little but was just testing... Trying to merge my current routine to a fasted training version. Im using the HBCD intra for energy and thinking to take in my carbs at my last meal prior to fasting for energy. Above several posts indicate amino IV as a good option intra, are you advising against it?
You could try carb backloading.

Also, any particular reason you want to start IF/training fasted?

And most definitely not advising against Amino IV or HBCDs intra-workout.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try carb backloading.

Also, any particular reason you want to start IF/training fasted?

And most definitely not advising against Amino IV or HBCDs intra-workout.
HBCD post workout was what I was leaning towards... Thanks for your advice!
I want to try it because I'm starting to cut and shedding that last bit of abdominal fat has always been an issue for me.

geearf

Awards
1. Yes, Alphamine will still provide benefits even while not training as will Amino IV.
2. 2 scoops will suffice. Just sip it throughout the duration of your kickboxing.
3. I know IF takes a while for the body to adapt to, especially when starting to train fasted.
1- 3- Cool!
2- That I can't do, I drink more than 20oz of water per hour, so I need to split it on purpose if I want to still have some for the next hour :)

One more question from yesterday's test:
Taking the first dose of alphamine and fasting for a while is easy.
But the 2nd one not so much.
I need to wait 2 hours after the previous meal, and it should still be 3-4 hours before the following one, so that's 5-6 hours after the end of the first meal.
With a eating window of 8 hours, that means I can get a max of only 2 meals.
It also means that I must be pretty strict, if I allow my first meal to slide a bit, my 2nd meal will come only very late..
Or is that why many do 2 scoops then 1 scoop? that way I only worry about having many hours around the first dose?

Thank you for your help!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1- 3- Cool! 2- That I can't do, I drink more than 20oz of water per hour, so I need to split it on purpose if I want to still have some for the next hour :) One more question from yesterday's test: Taking the first dose of alphamine and fasting for a while is easy. But the 2nd one not so much. I need to wait 2 hours after the previous meal, and it should still be 3-4 hours before the following one, so that's 5-6 hours after the end of the first meal. With a eating window of 8 hours, that means I can get a max of only 2 meals. It also means that I must be pretty strict, if I allow my first meal to slide a bit, my 2nd meal will come only very late.. Or is that why many do 2 scoops then 1 scoop? that way I only worry about having many hours around the first dose? Thank you for your help!
I think you're over complicating things just a bit.

You don't have to wait 3-4 hours to eat after dosing Alphamine. 45-60 minutes will suffice. More so, dosing prior to physical activity would be most optimal.

And yes, most do 2/1 scoops per day. I like to do 1.5 twice per day personally (AM and either prior to resistance exercise or cardio).

geearf

Awards
Oh I always do, I'm an engineer after all :)

Hmmm, that's what I used to do, but I read that Alphamine worked better if taken hours before (and after) food instead of only half an hour.
That's why I switched that way yesterday.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I always do, I'm an engineer after all :) Hmmm, that's what I used to do, but I read that Alphamine worked better if taken hours before (and after) food instead of only half an hour. That's why I switched that way yesterday.
Doesn't have to be hours, just on an empty stomach. What I am getting at is, say you take a dose of Alphamine, you do not have to wait 2+ hours to eat. Same applies to after you eat, a meal should be fully digested after about 2 hours.

geearf

Awards
oh well that's easy then.
I thought I needed major room around the dose.

edit: found the post where I got that:
h t t p : / / anabolicminds . com /forum/supplements/214044-alphamine-w-ala.html#post3616330

geearf

Awards
Alright, first week over of this new protocol over!

So I really went all in to see how it works, I probably will be a bit more gentle this following week.
I've done all my trainings in a fasted state (lifting and kick boxing).

The first fasted lifting was tough, but then I got used to it... Or maybe that extra half scoop of alphamine did the trick?
My first day of fasted KB I could not listen to my teacher, I could not focus on words... don't know if it was the caffeine, or the fasted state but mentally it was not good. Physically it was soso, as an hour in I was really starving.
The 2nd day I reversed the alphamine dosing and took 2 scoop before KB, which I didn't want to on the first day as caffeine before cardio doesn't seem so good... Well I had no problem this time and went all the way through everything. I actually liked being fasted, as that way I don't feel the food making me heavier... and if I get punched/kicked in the stomach I don't feel like puking..
The problem is coming back home at 9+pm and then getting cooking my 1st meal... I don't mind eating late at all, but that pushes my next meal way too late... So because of that I probably won't end my fast post KB anymore.
On KB days I used 3 scoops of amino iv since my kb starts later than my lifting...

As for results, I don't know, that's too early. Though this week was my first week at 175.x lb in months, but is coming to 175 from 176/177 meaningful... meh.

On a different note, I got my new tube of alphamine yesterday and that is the new version (I was on the old version before).
I can say that the new version is a lot harsher on my stomach... Just 1 scoop yesterday caused me diarrhea, which I didn't have on the original one past the first 2 days or so... hopefully it is harsher on the fat too :)