T2 compared to T3

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I understand these are 2 different animals, but what would be a crude equivalency ratio!??!

2xT2 = 25 mcg T3 <------------------EXAMPLE ONLY

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I understand these are 2 different animals, but what would be a crude equivalency ratio!??!

2xT2 = 25 mcg T3 <------------------EXAMPLE ONLY
I dont think any quantification of the sort could be made.

I've only ran up to 50mcg T3, and the feeling/results were comparable in my experience to about 500mcg T2.

Felt generally warmer, weight was lost significantly faster, not exactly catabolic, etc. The one thing T3 did to me that T2 doesnt was make me feel like utter garbage once I stopped using it. My throat sort of swelled a bit (like i was getting strep), no energy, etc. After a few days like that I hopped onto 3 caps Alpha-T2 and i was good as new. After stopping the AT2 it was like I was never on anything to begin with.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Isn't T3 or 3,5 suppressive at some dosage? Can't remember how high it was just remembering that I tried to stay away from 3,5 and went to 3,3.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
good question

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Ehhh, I read the study and other sites and their findings. It says basically 3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine (T2), has selective thyromimetic activity, T2 has been shown to produce smaller increments in peripheral indices of thyroid status than does T3, when doses resulting in equivalent suppression of circulating TSH are compared. Also, 3,3'-diiodo-l-thyronine and thyro- nine exhibited no significant thyromimetic effects on either process. In vivo, doses of T2 and T3 that were equivalent in their induction of hepatic malic enzyme (ME) mRNA did not produce equivalent suppression of circulating TSH, with T2 being only 27% as effective as T3.

3'5 T2 is about almost as suppressive as T3, and 3'3 T2 showed minimal suppression if any at all.

Sorry answered my question.. Always good to cycle supps :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks!

Got a reference for that info?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9343306
J Mol Endocrinol. 1997 Oct;19(2):137-47.
[h=1]3,5-Diiodo-L-thyronine (T2) has selective thyromimetic effects in vivo and in vitro.[/h]Ball SG, Sokolov J, Chin WW.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Recent data have suggested that the iodothyronine, 3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine (T2), has selective thyromimetic activity. In vivo, T2 has been shown to suppress TSH levels at doses that do not produce significant peripheral manifestations of thyroid hormone activity. Furthermore, T2 has been shown to produce smaller increments in peripheral indices of thyroid status than does T3, when doses resulting in equivalent suppression of circulating TSH are compared. We have assessed the selective thyromimetic activity of T2 in vivo and in vitro, and performed in vitro studies to assess the potential molecular basis for these selective properties. T2 was 100-fold less potent than T3 in stimulating GH mRNA levels in GH3 cells. In contrast, the iodothyronines were almost equivalent in their ability to downregulate TRbeta2 mRNA levels in this cell line. Both 3,3'-diiodo-L-thyronine and thyronine exhibited no significant thyromimetic effects on either process. In vivo, doses of T2 and T3 that were equivalent in their induction of hepatic malic enzyme (ME) mRNA did not produce equivalent suppression of circulating TSH, with T2 being only 27% as effective as T3. T2 was up to 500-fold less potent than T3 in displacing [125I]-T3 from in vitro translated specific nuclear receptors (TRs) and GH3 cell nuclear extracts. Electrophoretic mobility shift assays, assessing the ability of T2 to produce dissociation of TRbeta1 homodimers from inverted palindrome T3 response elements, indicated that T2 was also 1000-fold less potent than T3 in this respect. These data confirm that T2 has significant thyromimetic activity, and that this activity is selective both in vivo and in vitro. However, there are no data to support a selective central effect, T2 being relatively more potent in stimulating hepatic ME mRNA than in suppression of TSH in vivo. The basis for this differential thyromimetic activity is not selective affinity of the different TR isoforms for T2, or divergent properties of T2 in competitive binding and functional assays in vitro.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Nicee, yea! It doesn't show dosages but the studies are in mice. I dont doubt PES and their supps, everything is dosed in a safe range, it's the kiddos that don't know wtf they're doing.

It's early in the morning, forcing down a 900 cal breakfast, getting ready for work, sorry for not posting the link!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
haha all good :)