ALPHA-2 VS. TT-33

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by niCe99 View Post
    Very intrigued

Thoughts on Alpha-T2 stacked with a mild dose of EC?

(ie 2x e(24mg) & c(200mg) with full dose of Alpha-T2)
    Would be very, very potent with outstanding results
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

2. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    I will test ALPHA-T2 @ 6 caps a day so be prepared.........
    Let us know!
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

I will test ALPHA-T2 @ 6 caps a day so be prepared.........
    i would love to see what 4 AT-2 + 2 oep pre-workout would be like. i am on last week of AT-2 and have upped the dose to 2/2 with absolutely no bad sides-unless you count a flood of sweat.

i am taking a week off AT-2 when bottle is empty then going to stack it with oep.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Quote Originally Posted by kahboom View Post
    Could Nattydisaster or a PES rep answer the following? I purchased several bottles of Iforce TT-33. I tried one bottle with no results. There was considerable argument at BB.com regarding its ingredients and effectiveness. I just purchased 2 bottles of Alpha T-2 from Nutra and will use with OEP. Could you address the 3,3 to 3,3, 3,5 diiodo issues, how your product is similar and different from TT-33, and safety issues of both products (i.e, thyroid suppression)? I wish I could get rid of my bottles of TT-33. You want to buy them for testing or something?
    3,3-T2 has little to no evidence of activity. Even the write up of Alpha-T2 erroneously uses a study that supports 3,5-T2 and NOT 3,3-T2. It's true 3,3 doesn't suppress TSH, but that's likely related to its lack of activity.

This doesn't mean that Alpha-T2 won't cause weight loss. The use of methyl-synephrine is likely to cause some thermogenesis and or appetite reduction.

Personally, I would use 3,5-T2 only if I couldn't get real T3. T3's effects are so well known and suppression of TSH is not a serious concern.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

i missed out i guess,,,so lets go at it again please...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9651103

Life Sci. 1998;62(26):2369-77.

Effect of 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine on thyroid stimulating hormone and growth hormone serum levels in hypothyroid rats.
    Moreno M, Lombardi A, Lombardi P, Goglia F, Lanni A.

Dipartimento di Chimica, FacoltÓ di Scienze, UniversitÓ degli Studi di Salerno, Italy.

Abstract
    We have investigated the biological effects of physiological doses of 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine (3,5-T2) and 3,3'-diiodo-L-thyronine (3,3'-T2) (at doses from 2.5 to 10 microg/100 g BW) on serum TSH and GH levels in rats made hypothyroid by propylthiouracil and iopanoic acid administration. In such animals deiodinase activities were inhibited and thyroid hormones serum levels strongly reduced. The effects of T2s were compared with those elicited by 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine (T3) (2.5 microg/100 g BW).The serum TSH level was much greater in hypothyroid rats than in euthyroid ones. T3 administration suppressed TSH by 88% compared to control (i.e, the level in hypothyroid rats); it thus reached a value not significantly different from that seen in the euthyroid rats. 3,5-T2 produced a similar effect, suppressing the TSH level by about 75% compared to control; it thus reached values not significantly different from those of the euthyroid and T3-treated rats. By contrast, 3,3'-T2 had no effect on TSH, whatever the dose. The serum GH level was much lower in hypothyroid rats than in euthyroid ones. T3 administration increased the GH level by about 5-fold, restoring it to the value seen in euthyroid rats. 3,5-T2-treated hypothyroid rats, at all the doses used (from 2.5 to 10 microg/100 g BW), showed increased serum GH levels: at a dose of 10 microg/100 g BW the level reached a value about 5-fold higher than that in hypothyroid rats. This value was not significantly different from those of euthyroid and T3-treated rats. 3,3'-T2 did not affect GH levels whatever the dose. Thus, 3,5-T2 (but not 3,3'-T2) seems to mimic the effects of T3 on serum TSH and GH levels in rats.
    PMID: 9651103 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

okay so you have a compound thats supposed to work on metabolic rate but you are saying that wont lower TSH?

thats like saying i have a compound taht will work on androgenic receptor and wont shut you down, lowering LH/FSH,,,,sounds too good.

i would use 3,5 version and compensate lowered TSH and it will rise to normal, so same as coming off T3,,,taper off, and careful with diet during thryoid 'pct' or take stimulants then or something,,,,i see using 3,5's benefit is that it is OTC, if anybody is selling them still

now i would like to see a study or two showing 3,3' diiodo doing samething to RMR like 3,5 or 3,5,3 because i was unable to find one. Im not saying other folks with good results arent bs'ng i just want to see how it differs other than what ive seen is that 3,3 is non thyromimetic.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Quote Originally Posted by comacho View Post
    i missed out i guess,,,so lets go at it again please...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9651103

Life Sci. 1998;62(26):2369-77.

Effect of 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine on thyroid stimulating hormone and growth hormone serum levels in hypothyroid rats.
    Moreno M, Lombardi A, Lombardi P, Goglia F, Lanni A.

Dipartimento di Chimica, FacoltÓ di Scienze, UniversitÓ degli Studi di Salerno, Italy.

Abstract
    We have investigated the biological effects of physiological doses of 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine (3,5-T2) and 3,3'-diiodo-L-thyronine (3,3'-T2) (at doses from 2.5 to 10 microg/100 g BW) on serum TSH and GH levels in rats made hypothyroid by propylthiouracil and iopanoic acid administration. In such animals deiodinase activities were inhibited and thyroid hormones serum levels strongly reduced. The effects of T2s were compared with those elicited by 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine (T3) (2.5 microg/100 g BW).The serum TSH level was much greater in hypothyroid rats than in euthyroid ones. T3 administration suppressed TSH by 88% compared to control (i.e, the level in hypothyroid rats); it thus reached a value not significantly different from that seen in the euthyroid rats. 3,5-T2 produced a similar effect, suppressing the TSH level by about 75% compared to control; it thus reached values not significantly different from those of the euthyroid and T3-treated rats. By contrast, 3,3'-T2 had no effect on TSH, whatever the dose. The serum GH level was much lower in hypothyroid rats than in euthyroid ones. T3 administration increased the GH level by about 5-fold, restoring it to the value seen in euthyroid rats. 3,5-T2-treated hypothyroid rats, at all the doses used (from 2.5 to 10 microg/100 g BW), showed increased serum GH levels: at a dose of 10 microg/100 g BW the level reached a value about 5-fold higher than that in hypothyroid rats. This value was not significantly different from those of euthyroid and T3-treated rats. 3,3'-T2 did not affect GH levels whatever the dose. Thus, 3,5-T2 (but not 3,3'-T2) seems to mimic the effects of T3 on serum TSH and GH levels in rats.
    PMID: 9651103 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

okay so you have a compound thats supposed to work on metabolic rate but you are saying that wont lower TSH?

thats like saying i have a compound taht will work on androgenic receptor and wont shut you down, lowering LH/FSH,,,,sounds too good.

i would use 3,5 version and compensate lowered TSH and it will rise to normal, so same as coming off T3,,,taper off, and careful with diet during thryoid 'pct' or take stimulants then or something,,,,i see using 3,5's benefit is that it is OTC, if anybody is selling them still

now i would like to see a study or two showing 3,3' diiodo doing samething to RMR like 3,5 or 3,5,3 because i was unable to find one. Im not saying other folks with good results arent bs'ng i just want to see how it differs other than what ive seen is that 3,3 is non thyromimetic.

There is ONE study that I found from several years back that showed 3,3-T2 to increase caloric expenditure, but no study since then supports this claim. Moreno is one of the primary researchers on these compounds and in a recent review of iodothyronines, they state that 3,3-T2 had no effect on metabolic rate, whereas 3,5-T2 does.

If 3,3-T2 DID have metabolic effects, then it and not 3,5-T2 would be the compound one would expect researchers to investigate, since it doesn't affect TSH levels. The lack of interest in this compound points to the fact that it doesn't increase RMR.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

well said micro2k,

like i said it would be a gold mine or something, for diet and medical aspect.

ying/yang balance....cant go around that homeostasis.
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

this thread is beginning to remind me of the recent arginine thread, where some of the studies suggested it is 'worthless'.

but it is the studies that are 'worthless' when real world experiences prove them wrong. take a look at the review section and see what the real world looks like. ALPHA T-2 is kicking asss in the reviews-and don't try to blow it off as methyl-synephrine as the only cause for such positive results.

i recently finished a bottle of ALPHA T-2 and plan on using another bottle real soon. very good supplement!!!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.29%

WOW!! I was just looking on NP. Thinking of ordering Alpha T-2 or TT-33. Saw the stack AT-2/Lean Xtreme. Thinking of doing this with OEP, Recompadrol, DCP, Eviscerate, Chromium Picolinate,...Carbs between 100-150 gms/day. After reading some forums it sound like TT-33 is getting it's ass kicked be Alpha T-2. Any suggestions on "The Stack" or my upcoming "Stack" would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    this thread is beginning to remind me of the recent arginine thread, where some of the studies suggested it is 'worthless'.

but it is the studies that are 'worthless' when real world experiences prove them wrong. take a look at the review section and see what the real world looks like. ALPHA T-2 is kicking asss in the reviews-and don't try to blow it off as methyl-synephrine as the only cause for such positive results.

i recently finished a bottle of ALPHA T-2 and plan on using another bottle real soon. very good supplement!!!
    By this logic, then the makers can't use any research to support their claims either, can they?

And there is no reason why methyl-synephrine can't be the effective component of this product. Weight loss occurs with ephedrine, yohimbine, clenbuterol, albuterol, etc. and none of these contain any thyromimetic component.
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Just because no study since then supports the claim does not make the claim false. In that study they were basing metabolic rate off of TSH shutdown. Metabolic rate has more factors than just TSH. Just because researchers did not further investigate 3,3-T2 does not mean that it did not have metabolic effects.

For the past 3-4 years numerous users have taken 3,3-T2 alone, with no other compounds, and have felt significant effects at doses around 150mcg 2-3x per day.

But beyond this one compound, Alpha-T2 also contains 2 other extremely effective compounds, Methyl-synephrine and Rauwolscine HCl which should not be overlooked. No single ingredient in Alpha-T2 is more or less important than another.
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Just because no study since then supports the claim does not make the claim false. In that study they were basing metabolic rate off of TSH shutdown.
    No they were not. They were looking for thyromimetic effects of diiodothyronines. 3,5-T2 showed efficacy, whereas 3,3-T2 did not.

Metabolic rate has more factors than just TSH. Just because researchers did not further investigate 3,3-T2 does not mean that it did not have metabolic effects.
    One of the studies referenced in the product write up "Metabolic Effects of Thyroid Hormone Derivatives" the authors state that 3,3-T2 did not affect RMR.

For the past 3-4 years numerous users have taken 3,3-T2 alone, with no other compounds, and have felt significant effects at doses around 150mcg 2-3x per day.
    What other products contains only 3,3-T2? The ones I am familiar with are a combination of 3,3 and 3,5, or are modified thyromimetics, like diprop and triprop.

But beyond this one compound, Alpha-T2 also contains 2 other extremely effective compounds, Methyl-synephrine and Rauwolscine HCl which should not be overlooked. No single ingredient in Alpha-T2 is more or less important than another.
    And, IMO, this is the product's saving grace. I believe it would have been better if 3,3 was substituted with 3,5.
  13. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Quote Originally Posted by micro2000 View Post
    No they were not. They were looking for thyromimetic effects of diiodothyronines. 3,5-T2 showed efficacy, whereas 3,3-T2 did not.

What other products contains only 3,3-T2? The ones I am familiar with are a combination of 3,3 and 3,5, or are modified thyromimetics, like diprop and triprop.

And, IMO, this is the product's saving grace. I believe it would have been better if 3,3 was substituted with 3,5.
    Like i said, in terms of TSH and GH... "Thus, 3,5-T2 (but not 3,3′-T2) seems to mimic the effects of T3 on serum TSH and GH levels in rats."

I am not going to have a study argument on here. Everyone knows that they never end up with any said conclusion. Everyone has their opinions and has the right to stick to them.

A few years back you could buy bulk 3,3-T2 capsules from a few bulk supplement companies. Users get effects from 3,3-T2 alone, regardless of what 1-2 studies you have read do or do not say.

We chose the 3,3-T2 over 3,5-T2 because we did not want a suppressive supplement. IMO the fact that 3,5-T2 mimics T3 in terms of TSH is awful.

I have been a member of plenty of boards, such as AM back in the day, where there were T3 users running logs posting results all the time. I cannot tell you how many times users would run T3 and lose 15lbs and 4 weeks after stopping their cycle gain 20lbs due to TSH shutdown.

We did not want a product that would let users lose some weight while taking it but then gain it back when they stopped. That is not our idea of a useful supplement.

The other two ingredients are much much more than a "saving grace". They all compliment each other towards one common goal...losing fat. This product has already proven to help users reach their fat burning goals.
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%

Quote Originally Posted by micro2000 View Post
    By this logic, then the makers can't use any research to support their claims either, can they?

And there is no reason why methyl-synephrine can't be the effective component of this product. Weight loss occurs with ephedrine, yohimbine, clenbuterol, albuterol, etc. and none of these contain any thyromimetic component.
    you make it sound as though i have never used a weight loss product before-you name it, more than likely i have tried it. i am telling you the effects i got were not the normal effects i have gotten from ephedrine/yohimbe or methyl synephrine containing products.

i highly recommend ALPHA T-2 to anyone on a cut/recomp or lean bulk.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

A few years back you could buy bulk 3,3-T2 capsules from a few bulk supplement companies.
    Who?? What companies sold straight 3,3-T2?
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.29%

BIOTEST!!!!!!! T-2 Pro. Still sold up here in Canada.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Quote Originally Posted by legalizejuice View Post
    BIOTEST!!!!!!! T-2 Pro. Still sold up here in Canada.
    It contains 3,5-T2.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.29%

You are correct sir! My bad!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Now 3,3 is suppose to cause little to no suppression correct? Therefore does the stack with Lean Xtreme prevent any suppression and all you reap are the fat burning benefits?

If that is the case one should not put on any weight after the cut due to suppression correct?
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.29%

I'll be stacking Alpha-T2 with Dermacrine-LV for some recomping. I don't care to lose weight. My goal is to shed fat without losing muscle. I'm a bit sensitive to stims so I was worried about throwing OEP in the mix as well.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.44%

3,5-Diiodo-L-thyronine powerfully reduces adiposity in rats by increasing the burning of fats

"Thyroid hormones (THs), thyroxine (T4) and 3,3',5-triiodo-L-thyronine (T3) are well known to stimulate metabolism while simultaneously lowering metabolic efficiency. "This effect has long been the focus of research into the potential use of THs as drugs to stimulate weight loss. However, the concomitant induction of a thyrotoxic state and of several side effects (i.e., increase in heart rate, increases in thyroid and heart mass, and decrease in skeletal muscle mass and in serum TSH levels) has greatly limited their use as weight-lowering agents. Recent evidence suggests that 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine (T2), a naturally occurring iodothyronine, stimulates metabolic rate via mechanisms involving the mitochondrial apparatus. In addition, T2 can induce metabolic inefficiency, possibly by stimulating energy loss via mechanisms involving mitochondrial proton leakage/redox slippage. Such inefficiency in energy transduction should result in reduced energy storage. In view of these metabolic effects of T2 and the very low affinity of T2 for nuclear T3 receptors, we thought it conceivable that in rats fed a high-fat diet (HFD), long-term treatment with T2 might result in a reduced adiposity and less body weight gain without inducing a clinical syndrome related to the thyrotoxic state."
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

he we go again
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.44%

he we go again
    Yeah just dismiss the facts.
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.62%

the fact is-alpha t-2 works. i have been on it for 2 months, and had to readjust my goal. i wanted to get down to 190 but the recomp effect of alpha t-2 has been so good that i am happy to stay at 197-my wife told me not to lose any more weight-nuff said!!!
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    the fact is-alpha t-2 works. i have been on it for 2 months, and had to readjust my goal. i wanted to get down to 190 but the recomp effect of alpha t-2 has been so good that i am happy to stay at 197-my wife told me not to lose any more weight-nuff said!!!
    yeah man the Recomp effect is AWESOME!!!!!!!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

The ingredients that work in Alpha-T2 are the MS and Yohimbine, not the T2. T2 has no effect on TSH because it doesn't work. 3,5 however, does have valid research behind it. Also this talk of suppressing thyroid is nonsense. Suppression from 3,5 will be minimal at best, and even then studies indicate the thyroid will recover quickly.
  27. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonex View Post
    The ingredients that work in Alpha-T2 are the MS and Yohimbine, not the T2. T2 has no effect on TSH because it doesn't work. 3,5 however, does have valid research behind it. Also this talk of suppressing thyroid is nonsense. Suppression from 3,5 will be minimal at best, and even then studies indicate the thyroid will recover quickly.
    Take a few capsules of Shift on an empty stomach and see if you still think 3,3 does not work
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  28. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I beg to differ. I have used multiple products (and some of the same ones twice) containing 3,5 just to be sure that the effect I was getting WAS that particular ingredient and not any of the others - all the same: Had the OPPOSITE than intended effect, not to mention made me lethargic as hell, and I went backwards every single time I used such a product. Alpha-T2 on the other hand, works like a charm for me, perfect with my body.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I beg to differ. I have used multiple products (and some of the same ones twice) containing 3,5 just to be sure that the effect I was getting WAS that particular ingredient and not any of the others - all the same: Had the OPPOSITE than intended effect, not to mention made me lethargic as hell, and I went backwards every single time I used such a product. Alpha-T2 on the other hand, works like a charm for me, perfect with my body.

~Rosie~
    It 'worked like a charm' because of the MS and yohimbine (both of which are solid ingredients). You can throw around all the anecdotal evidence you wish, but facts remain that 3,3 is ineffective for fat loss.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

It 'worked like a charm' because of the MS and yohimbine (both of which are solid ingredients). You can throw around all the anecdotal evidence you wish, but facts remain that 3,3 is ineffective for fat loss.
    Do you have evidence to support it doesnt work? I dont believe drawing conclusions based on its effect on TSH levels means anything other than precisely that.

Heres a quote from a study done on reverse t3 and 3,3-t2:

"These studies suggest that reverse T3 and 3,3′T2 can stimulate thyroid hormone-regulated functions as weak agonists by acting via the same receptors that mediate T3 actions. Moreover, some of the effects of reverse T3 may be due to 3,3′T2 produced by deiodination of reverse T3."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00660-0010.pdf
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  31. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You have your opinion and that's fine. As for me, I'll take my personal experience over theory any day of the week, thanks.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Do you have evidence to support it doesnt work? I dont believe drawing conclusions based on its effect on TSH levels means anything other than precisely that.

Heres a quote from a study done on reverse t3 and 3,3-t2:

"These studies suggest that reverse T3 and 3,3′T2 can stimulate thyroid hormone-regulated functions as weak agonists by acting via the same receptors that mediate T3 actions. Moreover, some of the effects of reverse T3 may be due to 3,3′T2 produced by deiodination of reverse T3."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00660-0010.pdf
    Refer to PES writeup for Alpha T2. For some reason they included a study that shows that 3,3 doesn't work, whereas 3,5 does. My guess is they are counting on the average consumer not reading it, or reading the part where it says 3,3 had no impact on thyroid. (Aka doesn't work)

You have your opinion and that's fine. As for me, I'll take my personal experience over theory any day of the week, thanks.

~Rosie~
    Except my 'opinion' is scientific fact. Either way, I'm not here to convince you of anything. The data is out there, but you choose to largely ignore it and go by 'feel.' Unfortunately, placebo is very real and can make even ineffective products give steroid-like results. I.e. ecdy, CEE (check the logs bro logic). I'm not saying Alpha T2 is ineffective, just this ingredient.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

Refer to PES writeup for Alpha T2. For some reason they included a study that shows that 3,3 doesn't work, whereas 3,5 does. My guess is they are counting on the average consumer not reading it, or reading the part where it says 3,3 had no impact on thyroid. (Aka doesn't work)

Except my 'opinion' is scientific fact. Either way, I'm not here to convince you of anything. The data is out there, but you choose to largely ignore it and go by 'feel.' Unfortunately, placebo is very real and can make even ineffective products give steroid-like results. I.e. ecdy, CEE (check the logs bro logic). I'm not saying Alpha T2 is ineffective, just this ingredient.
    Conflicting studies are conflicting. I'll look for this study later this evening, but just keep in mind I already posted a study that says 3,3 stimulates thyroid regulated functions. Whats your opinion on that?
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  34. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%

As I said, "You have your opinion" and I have mine. Since you're relatively new to the forum some ignorance on your comments regarding me and supplements can be ignored - just be aware next time you tell me that I "go by 'feel'" and talk about "placebo" results; I know my body very, very well (and I HAVE to, period), and certainly do not experience "placebo" effects; not to mention that my body does not respond as it "should" 99% of the time. Also note that "scientific fact" is not true for EVERYone, and just because it was true for one study (or many) or the majority, does not mean that it is for ALL - there are anomalies for EVERYthing, where effects and results are the complete opposite to the "expected", and in most cases, when it comes to anything re nutrition, training, or supplementation, I am one of those anomalies.Next time you start spouting off to a member here about what their experience with products, etc., make sure you know their background - there are a lot of very experienced and knowledgeable trainees here, many whom are like myself and can tell you without hesitation and doubt if something works for them and makes a difference. If you're trying to start an argument or discredit PES, then I suggest that you stop wasting your time - there are always going to be haters, but this is not the place to try and tear apart others.

~Rosie~

35. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%

Sorry if you dont think it works. This topic has been discussed over, and over, and over, chewed up, spit out, and redisccused. Like I said before....try taking a few caps of it on an empty stomach and then make your decision.

Not depressing TSH does not mean it is not effective.

Both of the T2 isomers have effects on protein uncoupling and increasing resting metabolism.
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88%

Well first before I say anything, Xenonex....have you tried Alpha-T2 or Shift and had no results above baseline?
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

As I said, "You have your opinion" and I have mine. Since you're relatively new to the forum some ignorance on your comments regarding me and supplements can be ignored - just be aware next time you tell me that I "go by 'feel'" and talk about "placebo" results; I know my body very, very well (and I HAVE to, period), and certainly do not experience "placebo" effects; not to mention that my body does not respond as it "should" 99% of the time. Also note that "scientific fact" is not true for EVERYone, and just because it was true for one study (or many) or the majority, does not mean that it is for ALL - there are anomalies for EVERYthing, where effects and results are the complete opposite to the "expected", and in most cases, when it comes to anything re nutrition, training, or supplementation, I am one of those anomalies.Next time you start spouting off to a member here about what their experience with products, etc., make sure you know their background - there are a lot of very experienced and knowledgeable trainees here, many whom are like myself and can tell you without hesitation and doubt if something works for them and makes a difference. If you're trying to start an argument or discredit PES, then I suggest that you stop wasting your time - there are always going to be haters, but this is not the place to try and tear apart others.

~Rosie~
    Tl;dr

Sorry if you dont think it works. This topic has been discussed over, and over, and over, chewed up, spit out, and redisccused. Like I said before....try taking a few caps of it on an empty stomach and then make your decision.

Not depressing TSH does not mean it is not effective.

Both of the T2 isomers have effects on protein uncoupling and increasing resting metabolism.
    I never said that is the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Well first before I say anything, Xenonex....have you tried Alpha-T2 or Shift and had no results above baseline?
    Yes, I have tried Alpha-T2 and I liked it. It was the only product I could find with methylsynephrine where I could dose it high enough. T2 is still a good product despite the 3,3. MS is a cousin of ephedra and I personally believe it works almost as well dosed properly.
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.04%

Quote Originally Posted by kahboom View Post
    Could Nattydisaster or a PES rep answer the following? I purchased several bottles of Iforce TT-33. I tried one bottle with no results. There was considerable argument at BB.com regarding its ingredients and effectiveness. I just purchased 2 bottles of Alpha T-2 from Nutra and will use with OEP. Could you address the 3,3 to 3,3, 3,5 diiodo issues, how your product is similar and different from TT-33, and safety issues of both products (i.e, thyroid suppression)? I wish I could get rid of my bottles of TT-33. You want to buy them for testing or something?
    I've tried both & alpha-2 was superior.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88%

then try shift. It's cheap and you can truly see if 3'3 is as ineffective as you believe.

And hey since you know its safe and does not cause suppression the worst thing that happens is ur out 15 bucks, but you can give an honest review which to many people is priceless.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Alpha T2 kept me from gaining weight in the times my diet was spotty.
    And when I was really on point, the effects increased.
    And when I added Shift at night, helped me to slim down pretty quick.

Other than DNP(lol) or Crack there is no supplement that will magically do anything.
    Not referring to you OP but a lot of people forget the meaning of supplement. Something extra to add to what is already there.
    Which are the two complementary factors of training and diet.

Plus different things work or do not work for different people depending on many factors.
    And one can find opposing studies on many different compounds.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 193
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 09:43 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 06:55 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 03:04 PM