ZMA- Need info please

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

ZMA- Need info please

I got a bottle of ZMA and had the worst sleep in weeks. I made the mistake of taking after a light meal before I went to bed. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Can anyone give me a little info on do's and don'ts. I am not taking it now because I don't want to go through that again. I was told it can help with a deeper sleep.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by griller88 View Post
    I got a bottle of ZMA and had the worst sleep in weeks. I made the mistake of taking after a light meal before I went to bed. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Can anyone give me a little info on do's and don'ts. I am not taking it now because I don't want to go through that again. I was told it can help with a deeper sleep.
    I take it on an empty stomach about 30 mins before sleep and I sleep like a baby. You can also add Melatonin with it and Valerian root. There are a lot of options. ZMA has many uses besides just sleep.
  3. Registered User

don't take ZMA, with a meal high in calcium (diary), the calcium will inhibit absorbtion
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

Thanks guys. My problem is I very rarely go to bed with an empty stomach. I just started taking melatonin again so I am going to try to arrange my eating schedule so I don't have a meal at 10 or 11 at night. It's tough though, I have very long days and I am always hungry at night.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

Have a casine shake 60 miniutes before bed than take zma as you lay down. I don't know about everyone else but it takes me a good 20-30minutes to get to sleep when I lay down especially if the girlfriend is in a good mood.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

Thanks Merph. Last night I came home from the gym at 8, had a steak and a casein protein shake 1 1/2 hours later I took a 3mg melatonin and the ZMA. Still woke up to go to the bathroom twice but had a decent night sleep. However, I did not like going to bed hungry and I was starving when I woke up this morning. I still need to play with my diet more. I need more calories earlier in the day.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

Keep a whey shake next to the bed. I get up atleast 2-3 times a night to take a piss and drink a shake in the mean time and I'm not so hungry. I hear you on the hunger thing. It sucks but its part of life.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Cran

Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    don't take ZMA, with a meal high in calcium (diary), the calcium will inhibit absorbtion
    100% correct!!
  9. Registered User

Empty stomach way to go. Good luck
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

my first 4 days on ZMA was the worst sleep of my life
    i was already taking melatonin
    i dont why those 4 days sucked so bad, im talking HORRIBLE sleep.
    after that
    ive slept like the worlds at peace and our leaders are competent. imagine that ****.
  11. Registered User

Smile

I love ZMA... I take 3 at bedtime with a protien shake and man do i get into a deep sleep quick.. and the dreams are all over the place.

I have been married 17 years so my wife is not in a good mood as much I wish she was... Oh well!!!

ZMA for life on PCT's Can you take it all the time...? I have only ever used on a post cycles. I love the stuff though!!

BH
  12. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.

Bh

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair62 View Post
    I love ZMA... I take 3 at bedtime with a protien shake and man do i get into a deep sleep quick.. and the dreams are all over the place.

I have been married 17 years so my wife is not in a good mood as much I wish she was... Oh well!!!

ZMA for life on PCT's Can you take it all the time...? I have only ever used on a post cycles. I love the stuff though!!

BH
    I would ask the PCT manufacture's customer service and have them ask their scientist their opinion.
    If the blend consist of Tribulus,Milk Thistle, Testofen, 3, 17 ketoetiochol-triene, Aspire,
    6, 17 keto etiocholeva-3-ol tetrahydropyranol, saw palmetto. I would think its ok. But would feel better if you talked to the maker of PCT.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

ZMA if we are talking about the zma that consists of zinc mag and vit b6 then you can take that every night, i do and it works wonders i feel great in the morning and i sleep like a rock (once i finally doze off)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any Info on (EQ-T)2
    By Reip in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
  2. Need help with HCG Info...
    By daddywoowoo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. 1-T info
    By mikerob122 in forum Anabolics