something needed to compliment zoloft help plz :)

mypecsrbigger

Awards
ok first a bit on my history

age 10 onwards started having social anxiety and depression, increasing as i got older hitting its peak at age 19, when i reached the age of 19 i was expeirancing panic attacks about twice a week and suffered from social anxiety and depression.

i started zoloft last year and ive been feeling alot better, depression is rare and is not caused by unknown reasons, and panic attacks have completly stopped however i still have some social anxiety that is above normal social anxiety.

could anyone recommend any supplments to compliment zoloft to help social anxiety ? i was thinking of a supplement that increases gaba but i dont know what ones work.

what do you guys recomend and what works/doesnt work.
st johns wort and 5htp did nothing for me when i tried them btw i was not on zoloft when i tried these supplements

joshingyou

Awards

age 10 onwards started having social anxiety and depression, increasing as i got older hitting its peak at age 19, when i reached the age of 19 i was expeirancing panic attacks about twice a week and suffered from social anxiety and depression.

i started zoloft last year and ive been feeling alot better, depression is rare and is not caused by unknown reasons, and panic attacks have completly stopped however i still have some social anxiety that is above normal social anxiety.

could anyone recommend any supplments to compliment zoloft to help social anxiety ? i was thinking of a supplement that increases gaba but i dont know what ones work.

st johns wort and 5htp did nothing for me when i tried them btw i was not on zoloft when i tried these supplements
Gaba would be a good start. Another would be to try a low dose of Ambien. Yes its the sleep pill but one of the side effects is
outgoing behavior. Say try 2.5mg to 5mg. But don't leave the house when you 1st take it cause it might cause you to sleep. It's in a similar family as benzos like xanax (which they usually add to ssris like yours).
You can get it from your Dr. they're pimpin' it big time on TV and everywhere. Just an idea to try. Hope you feel better.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I have the same condition, and Paxil is working for me, especially in the social anxiety department.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some very intelligent individuals here at AvantLabs: Neuroscience Forum.

You may very well get some excellent advice here that will be helpful but I would copy and paste your post over there as well.

Good Luck :)