adderall and nootropics - AnabolicMinds.com

adderall and nootropics

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

adderall and nootropics

any thoughts on combining these two? any potential detrimental effects to brain when both are used in conjunction? seems like just theoretically it would be great but i'm not gonna take them together until i learn more about the science of their mechanisms of action

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If I remember correctly, the amphetamine salts in Adderall are to some degree neurotoxic. I would recommend going with one of the -racetams, as they are thought to be neuroprotective. Besides the obvious effects of adderall, you might have some blood pressure issues, which would be more pronounced if you combined adderall with other stimulants.

I don't want to encourage you, but from personal experience, I've combined quite a bit of s*** with adderall and been fine. Keep in mind that everyone's body is different though. Last finals I was taking adderall combined with piracetam, ALCAR, and choline citrate for about a week straight with no ill effects.

On mechanisms of action, since amphetamines are MAO inhibitors, I would shy away from those if this is purely for "nootropic" purposes, rather than recreational. No matter what you decide to do, I would err on the side of caution and take it easy.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Thanks for the input. I'm curious if anyone else has experience or any scientific facts and could shed some light on this interesting question>? thanks
    •   

4. Advanced Member

subbed, wish I had something to add.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Amphetamines are catabolic and strongly habit-forming. I'm no strongarm big government guy; I think you should be able to take them 'til you turn into a shaking, rehabbing broomstick if you like to. But I know how alluring they are, especially if you have a life. They are way more attractive to motivated, goal-oriented people than to drifting, aimless stoner types. Most people on AM are motivated and goal-oriented. But trust me, I saw enough adderall in my past that I never ever wanna see it again. That's just one perspective, I trust you to make your own decisions. If you have an Rx that makes it a little bit different, but there are some serious dysphoria/anhedonia issues if you use it regularly. In plain English, you will feel down and have trouble enjoying the little things in life if you use it regularly and stop.

Good luck.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    Amphetamines are catabolic and strongly habit-forming. I'm no strongarm big government guy; I think you should be able to take them 'til you turn into a shaking, rehabbing broomstick if you like to. But I know how alluring they are, especially if you have a life. They are way more attractive to motivated, goal-oriented people than to drifting, aimless stoner types. Most people on AM are motivated and goal-oriented. But trust me, I saw enough adderall in my past that I never ever wanna see it again. That's just one perspective, I trust you to make your own decisions. If you have an Rx that makes it a little bit different, but there are some serious dysphoria/anhedonia issues if you use it regularly. In plain English, you will feel down and have trouble enjoying the little things in life if you use it regularly and stop.

Good luck.
    NO DOUBT!!! I abused the sh!t out of that stuff for awhile. Stay away, or perish!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

i'm a 2nd semester freshman in college and midterms are halfway over...i'm looking into possibly taking adderall to help with finals and other tests. i'm not on any supps other than protien and a multi and alot of my buddies take them to help them study. do you guys think it's worth it?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    i'm a 2nd semester freshman in college and midterms are halfway over...i'm looking into possibly taking adderall to help with finals and other tests. i'm not on any supps other than protien and a multi and alot of my buddies take them to help them study. do you guys think it's worth it?
    absolutely not. i used for pretty much same reason, became very difficult to live without. the high from it was pretty intense for me. i dont reccommend it, but everyone is different.
  9. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    I wouldn't. The stuff is really addictive, and it's hard to deal without once you're used to it, even after a couple of days. You always want to take more and more of it, too.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post

On mechanisms of action, since amphetamines are MAO inhibitors, I would shy away from those if this is purely for "nootropic" purposes, rather than recreational. No matter what you decide to do, I would err on the side of caution and take it easy.
    Amphetamine is not an MAOI. It is a monoamine.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

I'd think that the adderall or any other amphetamine based med would 'outshine' any effects you might see from a nootropic, but there could be some synergism. The important thing here is that there isn't just one kind of nootropic, there is a wide variety with different effects and chemical structure. Adderall might have a good interaction with one nootropic, and a bad one with another, personally I wouldn't want to be the one to find out
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

thanks for all the responses, i'm not sure what mechanism would cause the anhedonia that you speak off, although after nearly 6 months of use, i can definitely notice that, i'll have to ask my psychiatrist about it. however, i think we got a little off topic here as i was interested in combining neutropics and adderall and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on their potential affects combined , and what effects on the brain may counteract or interfere with each other. thanks
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsm1289 View Post
    thanks for all the responses, i'm not sure what mechanism would cause the anhedonia that you speak off, although after nearly 6 months of use, i can definitely notice that, i'll have to ask my psychiatrist about it. however, i think we got a little off topic here as i was interested in combining neutropics and adderall and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on their potential affects combined , and what effects on the brain may counteract or interfere with each other. thanks
    There's no single answer. It depends on the particular compound.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Any tips for eating on adderall? ill eat maybe twice a day when im on it and pound a few protein shakes. its just so damn hard to eat when ur on that ****. i only take it the day before and of test days, otherwise i would never eat =/
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I am getting my adderal today for focus and all. But I read as adderal is an amphetamine so is Ephedrine. Ran out of adderal? Bronkaid should do the trick lol Trust me nothing is more intence than ECA stack if u really wanna good rush.If thats not enough take it down with some Jack3d or Speed Stack or redline im sure that will getcha going =)
  16. New Member

bump
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

i have been off and on adderal for the last 3 yrs. if you take it on a constant basis it dosent quite give you the shakes and annticipation that you get from taking at random. as far as for studies and staying focused it's the best thing since sliced bread. I can see how it could be habit forming for many people but if you have control and it is rx ( as mine is ) then you should be fine. Easting, dif. story, I have had those same problems also but I try to hard to gain and lift heavy so I know every 3-4 hrs I have to be putting something in my mouth. like said over and over in this thread, everyone is dif. and just use cation and monitor yourself.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jsm1289 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm curious if anyone else has experience or any scientific facts and could shed some light on this interesting question>? thanks
    There are way too many conflicting arguments on this. I have done countless hours of research on this very topic. Honestly, the best indicator is to talk to someone who has used both in conjunction. I have taken Adderall for 5 years and have also used "nootropics" as well. I've found that when used in moderation, the nootropics have had no harmful effects. I have had almost every major organ of my body scanned and tested as well, and nothing out of the ordinary has appeared. The best advice I can give is when combining the two make sure you clean yourself out. It's better safe than sorry!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    Amphetamine is not an MAOI. It is a monoamine.
    Yep. Adderall is a dangerous game. Monofinil is a much safer beat if you going for prescription stuff.

There are millions of fat-burners which are much safer.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  85 lbs.

oh yes i defiantely agree
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nootropics?
    By Warhead in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM
  2. Nootropics
    By Jordinator in forum Supplements