The OL Experience [A Series of Reviews]

FlyingHanuman

Awards
Hello AM!
I've recently received an order of a few products from the OL line - My intention was essentially to enhance the experience of the physical practice that I do.

My practice is not the typical weight lifting or cardio that most on this forum do - it is a very intense sequence of movements requiring a lot of strength and endurance, and working to the end range of the body's flexibility - With the ultimate objective to remain calm, intensely focused and maintain control of the breath as the body flows through the sequence. Mine is around 2.5 Hours, first thing in the morning.

I am fairly advanced in the practice and experience meditation-like states without the aid of supplements, but have found the additional support to be greatly beneficial both physically and mentally.

Other supplements I use regularly are:
Creatine Mono (ON)
Multivitamins (HIT Vitalizer)
Joint Supplement (Universal Animal Flex)
BCAA (Xtend)
Plant Protein

My intention with these products by OL is not to lose fat or suppress appetite. I am naturally lean with a slim-mesomorphic structure - I am also not a very experienced user of stims beyond caffeine... but having heard so much about the effects on focus, energy, cognitive function and endurance - I went ahead and put together a cart of IGNIT3, ELIX1R, BLOODSHR3D WAR and 1 sample of CONQU3R UNLEASHED.

I'll briefly detail my initial experience of each one below. I feel that this review is best placed here rather than in the reviews section as intention and method using the products is not perfectly aligned with what they were made for and it may be unfair to judge them from this perspective.

Any advice, suggestions or comments will be most welcome.

ELIX1R: Probably the one I was most excited about as it seems to be aimed most directly at enhancing the practice I do. I have now used it a handful of times, and moved the dose up to 2 heaped scoops (on an empty stomach) - I notice mainly a feeling of being a bit more energetic and sociable right before as well as after my physical practice. During the practice there is no obvious or pronounced effect - I do not find a deeper state of focus than usual as I was hoping for, nor reach a state of focus any quicker or more sustainably than usual. No noticeable improvement on endurance or cognitive function. Tastes good! For sure! But that's not what I bought it for... I'm not sure if I should save it and try and get some benefit from using it outside of my practice or if I should continue to up the dose or combine it with the other products. Feeling extroverted after practice is an indication of a possible subtle benefit, but I'll have to use it more to see if that is consistent.

IGNIT3: This I have also used a few times outside of my practice. The first time, I took 2 caps and it definitely had that feel-good factor that was promised - I had some things to do and just got totally into it and was really productive. I've only had such a pronounced effect from it once - Using 3 caps to enhance my practice didn't do much, I invariably sweat a lot from the heat generated by the practice, but this made me feel like my body was just pouring sweat for no real reason. I think this product would work well for weight loss - I'm lean and it's very noticeable if I even shed some water weight - and it might be that alone in this case - but after using this I am noticeably more defined! Really interesting product! I've heard it can be used to suppress appetite and that is absolutely not the effect it has on me - I get extremely hungry when using IGNIT3 - and never seem to get full or feel heavy/lethargic from eating more than I'm used to. This hasn't worked in the way I was hoping for but it's actually a really cool product for me... Weird after all the reviews going on about the potency of this product that although I am not necessarily stim tolerant, I would easily take the full 5 of these each day if I weren't using other products (maybe even 5 at once - I'll report back when I try that).

CONQU3R UNLEASHED (1 serving): I initially felt that this product wouldn't be the one I needed, the addition of pump ingredients doesn't seem to align with what I'm using it for - But like the other OL products that I've gone for, reviews reported greatly increased energy, endurance and "tunnel vision focus", so I threw a sample in the cart. Surprisigly - This was probably the best for me - It's hard to tell because it was just 1 sample pack (of 2 scoops) maybe I was just having a great practice that day - it happens - but I felt this product gave me more endurance. I felt strong and did not tire over the 2.5 hours of practice that I did that morning. I was in a super good mood all morning after that. I didn't necessarily have increased strength or powder during practice - In the way of pump, I have nothing to say, I didn't do the type of exercise that would cause a pump - for focus, nothing out of the ordinary at all - but stamina and ability to endure throughout the practice was phenomenal. Seems like a great product for that alone! Although it wasn't hard-hitting or super obvious in its effect (and it will be expensive for an absolute maximum 20 servings per tub for me) I'll definitely need to make a plan to try this again!

BLOODSHR3D WAR: I opted for the WAR version as I wasn't sure how I'd respond to the Y in RAW and heard it was a big dose. I guess I'm really looking for some advice here about how to extract the best benefits from this product in terms of the experience because I get absolutely nothing from it. Bear in mind that I can't comment at all on long term fat burning effects. I've upped the dose to 2 heaped scoops and don't really even feel mildly energized from the 300+ mg of Caffeine, never mind all the other ingredients that look so exciting on the label. Any advice would be much appreciated! You know what I've got to mix it with!

Overall I have to say that getting these items was always going to be a risk for me as I knew they weren't specifically designed for my purpose or the way that I intended to use them - I've read waaaay too many reports and reviews confirming claims that these products provide laser focus, energy through the roof, euphoric mood enhancement and endurance for days - My practice is already established in focus and having control of the nervous system, which perhaps undermined some of the effects of these products. I will continue to use them and experiment further to see how I can get the most out of them. Please feel free to offer any advice for this ongoing experience of the Olympus Labs product range!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interesting point of view and nice detailed review. What exactly is your training?

FlyingHanuman

Awards
Ashtanga second and third series for 2-3 Hours then seated meditation. 6 days a week, first thing in the morning. It's an individual practice of internalized focus, not led by a teacher - It can be very demanding both physically and energetically with very deep backbending and forward bending, Along with a lot of inversions and arm balances so core strength is key - but above all is having the ability to breath deeply and stay relaxed and focused during all of this. Intermittent fasting is naturally a part of the lifestyle, as one aims to do the practice on as empty a stomach as possible, so for me all calories are consumed between breakfast (after practice) at around 7AM and lunch at around 1PM; No dinner.
From what I'd read about these OL products, it seemed like they would support this quite well, but the impact has not been profound or particularly obvious so far.