How did Branch Warren heal?

alexmonst3r

Awards
I've been wondering about this for a while-- how did branch come back so incredibly quickly from such a severe injury, tearing his quad tendon off the bone? Does anyone have an idea of the biggest contributing factors?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been wondering about this for a while-- how did branch come back so incredibly quickly from such a severe injury, tearing his quad tendon off the bone? Does anyone have an idea of the biggest contributing factors?
GH.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
My guess is there would be something more than just GH.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
GH takes a long time to work. I used it when I broke my leg last March. I didn't know it was broken; thought I had a bad sprain so I treated it as such. I went to Daytona for Bike Week, then to Orlando and Disney World with our grandson then to Alabama for work for a week. It hurt like hell, so I had an Xray when I got back and it confirmed what I had feared; a shattered fibula. I had to have a steel plate put in. I used HGH and 500mgs of test along with some Anadrol. I worked out the best I could, being limited by the stupid cast. But I got around pretty good, using a device that looks like a leg peg to mow the lawn and do other hands free activities. When the cast came off the doctor was amazed at how well the bone had healed, saying it was like that of an 18 year old's. I walked out of the office unassisted and didn't go to therapy. Didn't use a brace, crutches or anything. It took a while to get back to 100%, but Xray's confirmed exceptional bone growth. I attribute the healing to all three. Tren would have helped too, as would other gear, but I decided on HGH, Test and Anadrol.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Besides drugs these guys have access to some of the best surgeons in the country

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
GH takes a long time to work. I used it when I broke my leg last March. I didn't know it was broken; thought I had a bad sprain so I treated it as such. I went to Daytona for Bike Week, then to Orlando and Disney World with our grandson then to Alabama for work for a week. It hurt like hell, so I had an Xray when I got back and it confirmed what I had feared; a shattered fibula. I had to have a steel plate put in. I used HGH and 500mgs of test along with some Anadrol. I worked out the best I could, being limited by the stupid cast. But I got around pretty good, using a device that looks like a leg peg to mow the lawn and do other hands free activities. When the cast came off the doctor was amazed at how well the bone had healed, saying it was like that of an 18 year old's. I walked out of the office unassisted and didn't go to therapy. Didn't use a brace, crutches or anything. It took a while to get back to 100%, but Xray's confirmed exceptional bone growth. I attribute the healing to all three. Tren would have helped too, as would other gear, but I decided on HGH, Test and Anadrol.
I remember reading this when you first posted it about a year ago. Really interesting stuff...I feel like both the GH and test were likely most beneficial in the great healing, but I suppose anadrol could have leant to the process as well. I feel like I would take anadrol in that situation simply to continue feeling like a monster in and out of the gym lol.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what? Look at him.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it works for him. Surely doesn't make him a moron.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Well it works for him. Surely doesn't make him a moron.
Surely it does.

You can`t go on training like that.

Somewhere down the line something(most likely shoulder)is going to pop.

Legs...um ok.Those most likely heal.Experience a solid shoulder injury and I guarantee you,if you love bodybuilding as one should,you are going to think about popping one in your head from time to time.

He`s making a bad example showing his retarded "training practices" like that.

Not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars for surgeries and GH.

And even then there are no guarantees for healing.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Surely it does.

You can`t go on training like that.

Somewhere down the line something(most likely shoulder)is going to pop.

Legs...um ok.Those most likely heal.Experience a solid shoulder injury and I guarantee you,if you love bodybuilding as one should,you are going to think about popping one in your head from time to time.

He`s making a bad example showing his retarded "training practices" like that.

Not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars for surgeries and GH.

And even then there are no guarantees for healing.
You do know about his other injuries that he's come back from without issue, correct? If a professional athlete enters any training with any fear, they might as well pack it up. Branch hammers his body to hell and back year in and year out, and keeps coming back for more. That's just how he does it. Doesn't make him wrong. It just makes him rich.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Ahh the Branch Warren support team....

Unbelievable

Carry on.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh the Branch Warren support team....

Unbelievable

Carry on.
Almost all bbers train with terrible form and make way more progress than all of us.

Is it safe? Probably not.

But hating one specific bber for what they all do is ridiculous.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Almost all bbers train with terrible form and make way more progress than all of us.

Is it safe? Probably not.

But hating one specific bber for what they all do is ridiculous.
There is no question whether it`s safe or not.

Any strength training regimen is unsafe in regards to conn tissue.

But Branch is something else.I wouldn`t call what he`s doing "form".

And aside his bouncing weigh off chest and similar things,
he also does half and quarter reps on almost anything.

Did you happen to watch his "dips"?

And he passes himself off as some kind of a powelifter-bodybuilder?

That`s a joke.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That`s a joke.
Why would I watch him train? I don't aspire to be like him.

Are his half and quarter reps working for him? Yes, because I am fairly certain he was at the Olympia but don't recall seeing you there.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Why would I watch him train? I don't aspire to be like him.

Are his half and quarter reps working for him? Yes, because I am fairly certain he was at the Olympia but don't recall seeing you there.
There`s no need for that.

Why are you attacking me now,if you`re not in love with Branch and wanna have Warren babies?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established

That`s a joke.
Whats wrong with his dips. He does them for chest training so keeps constant tension on his chest. Once your elbow breaks 90 its mostly tris working. I personally only use dips on chest days and do em the same way chains and everything

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
BW is a weight-bouncing improper-lifting moron.
obviously some one likes him. same goes for jason huh and the haters on his constant tension training

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
His improper form has definitely created some huge a.ss muscles..IMO

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Whats wrong with his dips. He does them for chest training so keeps constant tension on his chest. Once your elbow breaks 90 its mostly tris working. I personally only use dips on chest days and do em the same way chains and everything
I`m more of a powerlifter so that`s probably why I have a problem with all this.

I guess if all one wants do is look good with the help of a lot drugs than I have nothing against Warren training range-of-motion.

So quarter dips are ok then.

Bouncing the barbell off your chest on the incline with a 200 lb trust is another thing.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
BW is a weight-bouncing improper-lifting moron.
ur the moron, its called aggressive lifting. ur just too soft to do it.sticking to the OP, im sure a lot of GH, IGFs, and other growth factors. a powerlifter in my area tore his pec completly off the shoulder (pretty much same thing as tearing ur quad off ur knee), he blasted ghrps+cjc + igf straight in the muscle. 6 weeks post surgery, he was repping 225 on flat, his old lifts were in the 500+. but still 225 for like 10-15 6weeks post surgery maybe 7weeks post actual accident thats fukn amazing to me.its over a year now, but hes made a full recovery i believe.Branch warren is one of my favorite bbers right now, he gets mad credit and i am happy for his recovery.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Besides drugs these guys have access to some of the best surgeons in the country
^^^this, and why all the hate on Branch Warren his form may be a bit unconventional but he's still one of the top bodybuilders in the world and seems like a decent guy

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
^^^this, and why all the hate on Branch Warren his form may be a bit unconventional but he's still one of the top bodybuilders in the world and seems like a decent guy
Nah I``ll go with Dorian,Ronnie and Jay anytime over this guy.

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
obviously some one likes him. same goes for jason huh and the haters on his constant tension training
Do you really think he trains like that or just dose it to get attention becuase it works on some lifts but the 1/4 rep curls wtf

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Do you really think he trains like that or just dose it to get attention becuase it works on some lifts but the 1/4 rep curls wtf
I think he wants the attention.

He puts up the most weight he can do for quarters,and then enjoys the looks.

And then he will gets the admiration he needs,from the numerous morons who do not even look at what he`s doing,they just look at his mass.

But quarters are one thing:

Did you happen to see the incline barbell press(which is also half reps btw)

For anyone not familiar with what I`m saying,here you go....

Fast forward to 9:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHVYaPx4OM

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^That one I can explain (not make excuses, just explain what I see going on). Though I now train to compete in powerlifting, I was initially trained by a large and successful bodybuilder.

His philosophy was: These exercises are for your chest. Don't let the triceps fail first, make the chest fail. When we're done with the chest, there are better options for the triceps. We'll use those options then.

Let me restate that this is my opinion of what's going on here. I could be 100% wrong, but I have heard of, seen, and practiced something along those lines in the past.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this is rather pointless obviously. Let's just put it this way, Branch's form isn't perfect. His motto "If you want to get big lift heavy weights." works for him. He does a lot of weight with bad form for a lot of reps. He likes his training style. He has done well with his training style. So I don't understand why he is a moron? If he wants attention like u stated he is doing a good job because he is on stage at every major BB contest on the planet. Pretty much end of convo for me.

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
New insider information on how branch got his epic upper chest, a special exercise called incline barbell trampolines shown in an MD video posted by Killer

StayinHeavy

StayinHeavy

Awards
In my opinion, form is irrelevant when it comes to bodybuilding. Half reps, quarters reps, one handed upside down pushes why you jerk of with the other..... Whatever works for you and gets you results is all that matters. And I would say, branch has had some very good results... A lot better i would say than killer. And you say he is a moron etc etc and you come from a power lifting background. 100% with strict form, his max lifts are way higher than yours especially based on your avi pic. Don't hate on a man who has accomplished more than you ever will on this lifestyle. Admire it as strive to be better clown.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
There's an old Chinese story about two Chinese men watching the Olympics. As the winner crossed the finished line for the 100 meter dash, shattering the world record, one of the men said, "Look at his arms, did you see how low they were?" "The other replied, "Yeah, and did you see how long his stride was? Very poor form...Pathetic."

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
BW is a big Mother F'er. Regaurdless how he works out he is making more money by one sponsor then we will probably ever make. And on top of it he wins big shows for even more money and he gets to do what he loves.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New insider information on how branch got his epic upper chest, a special exercise called incline barbell trampolines shown in an MD video posted by Killer
I'll be willing to bet that his chest is superior to yours..

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I thought if you tear a tendon off the bone it is collagen that has to reform? I think i remember reading somewhere that HGH actually won't help, it will develop collagen irregularly, see quote below. I haven't looked into whether or not TEST would help this.

"The authors conclude that the cells in the injured patients had been altered by the injury so that the response to growth factors was different. They hypothesize that one explanation for this change in response to growth factors is the long exposure to growth factors while the injury was accumulating. Their study demonstrates that using growth factors to try to treat chronic overuse injuries is a tricky proposition because the growth factors could have different effects on the injured cells than you might expect based on their effects on healthy cells."

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought if you tear a tendon off the bone it is collagen that has to reform? I think i remember reading somewhere that HGH actually won't help, it will develop collagen irregularly, see quote below. I haven't looked into whether or not TEST would help this.

"The authors conclude that the cells in the injured patients had been altered by the injury so that the response to growth factors was different. They hypothesize that one explanation for this change in response to growth factors is the long exposure to growth factors while the injury was accumulating. Their study demonstrates that using growth factors to try to treat chronic overuse injuries is a tricky proposition because the growth factors could have different effects on the injured cells than you might expect based on their effects on healthy cells."
That's an overuse injury, not an acute event.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
only do to longer experience and a lot more drugs
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but his genetics play a much larger role than drugs and his experience is not a vice but rather an attribute. I know if I used 5 grams of test I could never look like him. The man's genetically gifted and works hard to get to where he's at.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but his genetics play a much larger role than drugs and his experience is not a vice but rather an attribute. I know if I used 5 grams of test I could never look like him. The man's genetically gifted and works hard to get to where he's at.
I would say genetics plays an immense role in his physique. Line up a hundred guys, give them 5 grams of test a week and let them workout like animals..and very very few will ever get to his level...IMO

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like a thousand.

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
No offense hes not genetically gifted look at his fat round waist and lack of that X-factor. How he won the arnold against Dennis idk, wait I do its something called politics hes a muscletech athlete of course he will win. Also most guys dont run more then 3g test a week because sides start to overwhelm gains

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only drugs.

Not experience.

Morons can`t learn from experience.
No saying only drugs is DUMB..... You take the same ammount of drugs and workout just as hard and you'll still never be as big as him...It's called Genetics

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
No saying only drugs is DUMB..... You take the same ammount of drugs and workout just as hard and you'll still never be as big as him...It's called Genetics
Yes,you are correct,only drugs and genetics.

My mistake.

But not training experience.

btw no one knows how big any of us would get using such amounts or drugs.

Maybe you,me or Keepitreel would be if using tons of AAS,HGH,slin and god knows what else.