How much can you absorb in one meal?
- 07-02-2008, 01:14 AM
- 07-02-2008, 01:51 AM
I think it's based mostly on enzymatic production. Also, how fast you eat the food & wash it down can play a role. Chewing has an impact on this because of increased surface area of the food & the enzymes that are released in the mouth. I've heard people estimate that you could digest up to around 10,000 calories a day, but I think they pulled this # out of their ass. You could increase the amount of calories you can digest by taking digestive enzymes and probiotics. I would guess 3,000 calories on average per meal. But that's just a guess. It would vary by age, size, GI health, etc. Also, the different foods will play a role. I think people have a tendency to have an upset stomach when they gorge themselves, so that probably means something.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Sparta12 in forum Training ForumReplies: 24Last Post: 02-22-2017, 08:12 PM
- By dynomite in forum Training ForumReplies: 133Last Post: 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM
- By BigVrunga in forum General ChatReplies: 152Last Post: 06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
- By goldenchild777 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 21Last Post: 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
- By [fiorentino] in forum Weight LossReplies: 23Last Post: 08-13-2004, 11:13 AM