Cutting Diet Cals Question

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Ok so according to the calculator I need 2700 cals a day to maintain my weight… on a cut they say drop that anywhere from 200-500 calories… I think im actually getting too many calories right now, ending up around 2800-2900 a day… I want to cut weight… I have a daily diet set up that should put me near 2400 on no workout days (cardio only) and 2700 on workout days (because it includes my PWO shake)

whatcha think?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Ok so according to the calculator I need 2700 cals a day to maintain my weight… on a cut they say drop that anywhere from 200-500 calories… I think im actually getting too many calories right now, ending up around 2800-2900 a day… I want to cut weight… I have a daily diet set up that should put me near 2400 on no workout days (cardio only) and 2700 on workout days (because it includes my PWO shake)

whatcha think?
If you don't already, I highly recommend recording your calories and macros. It can be a pain sometimes but
guess-timating your calories doesn't seem to cut for me when I'm trying to lose weight.

A 300 calorie deficit seems pretty small. I think 2400 on workout days and 2200 on non-workout days might be a better option. You'd probably be losing a pound or so a week, perhaps more is you are using supps.

If you are doing a long-term cut you could do the 2400 cals daily would be okay. It's just going to take a lot longer to lose the weight.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Two days ago it felt hard to get above 2400 cals and now im having trouble staying below! Ill post my macros in a second

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Modified the diet a little bit

Off Days
Cals: 2237
Fat : 97
Carbs: 99
Protein: 241

On Days
Cals: 2430
Fat : 94
Carbs: 103
Protein: 290

Oh and im 6' 220 lbs
Running the levR/DCP stack currently

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
For cutting, that's a good start. The most important thing is to eat consistently throughout the day, keep protein intake high, and keep cutting calories when your weight loss slows down. My maintenance calorie intake is around 2300 calories, I immediately start at around 1900 calories, which is good for a few weeks. By the end of 8 weeks, I might be eating as little as 1500 calories a day. Same amount of meals and protein, just much smaller meals, and usually much less carbohydrates.