Anabolic Diet: Carb-up and training

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.09%

Anabolic Diet: Carb-up and training

I've been on the anabolic diet for about a month now. Good weight-loss, but my strength is down. Granted, this is gonna happen when you are you are running a caloric deficit but I'm looking to minimize this. I can no longer squat heavy b/c of a back injury, so my main concern is my bench. I'm currently doing a modified westside template. ME and DE bench on Monday and Thursday respectively. On Wednesday, I alternate either a ME or DE day for sumo deadlifts depending on the week(can't dl convo either b/c of the spine ).
    Question:
    Would having my carb-up/refeed day on my ME bench day, help me keep my strength levels up? I will be using p-slin for nutrient repartioning. I'm hoping that I'll be able to see strength increases b/c I will be hypocaloric that day.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.56%

If your carb-up lasts from sat-sun. then you should only do max effort lifting on monday and tuesday since your glycogen levels will be full enough for it. You will lose strength later in the week due to a loss of glycogen and should then concentrate on lifting with higher reps and try to fully deplete your glycogen stores.
    If you carb up over the weekend and are losing strength on Monday and Tuesday then you have a problem cycling your macros, IMHO. It could be that you are not eating enough carbs to properly replenish glycogen stores over the weekend.
    To give you an impression of how much glycogen the body can store, at 160 lbs. lbm I consume 1152g of CHO's during the intial 24 hours of the carb up and 648g CHO's during the second 24 hours of the carb up EACH WEEKEND.

People have differing opinions on this but I would leave the P-slin out of your carb up in order to achieve maximum glycogen supercompensation. Let the carbs do their thing. You are not on a standard high carb diet and you already have improved insulin sensitivity...best to leave this product out, IMHO.

And to answer your final question DO NOT work out during your carb up. This will also hinder the glycogen supercompensation that we are trying so hard to set up.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    If your carb-up lasts from sat-sun. then you should only do max effort lifting on monday and tuesday since your glycogen levels will be full enough for it. You will lose strength later in the week due to a loss of glycogen and should then concentrate on lifting with higher reps and try to fully deplete your glycogen stores.
    If you carb up over the weekend and are losing strength on Monday and Tuesday then you have a problem cycling your macros, IMHO. It could be that you are not eating enough carbs to properly replenish glycogen stores over the weekend.
    To give you an impression of how much glycogen the body can store, at 160 lbs. lbm I consume 1152g of CHO's during the intial 24 hours of the carb up and 648g CHO's during the second 24 hours of the carb up EACH WEEKEND.

People have differing opinions on this but I would leave the P-slin out of your carb up in order to achieve maximum glycogen supercompensation. Let the carbs do their thing. You are not on a standard high carb diet and you already have improved insulin sensitivity...best to leave this product out, IMHO.

And to answer your final question DO NOT work out during your carb up. This will also hinder the glycogen supercompensation that we are trying so hard to set up.
    Excellent advice. Repped
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post

Excellent advice. My carb-ups are sat night into sun night.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.67%

im getting ready to run t1 and androhard from primordial starting next week....during the cycle im def gonna stay on high carb to reap greatest benifit, but coming off cycle do u think i would benifit from this approach to diet, i have tried it before and didnt like the weak feeling i got later in the week i like to train hard and heavy and it made me feel like i was goin in reverse rather than getting better. i guess what im askin is does ur body ever adjust to this diet or do u feel this weak all throughout

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Anabolic Diet, carb up on the first weekend?
    By AtomicFox in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 04:56 PM
  2. Anabolic Pump and Low Carb Cutting Diet
    By PsYcHoNeWb727 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 08:19 AM
  3. Anabolic Diet/Carb Cycling Mix - Does this work?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 12:12 AM
  4. Anabolic Diet: First Carb Up
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:40 AM
  5. Anabolic/Metabolic Diet Carb-Up Cutoff
    By amicold in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM