Does flax seed oil truly need to be refridgerated?
- 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM
- 02-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, it really should be. Since it is mainly PUFA, it can oxidize very easily in heat, light, air, etc. Olive oil doesn't need to be because it is mainly MUFA.
02-18-2008, 04:21 PM
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
What's the point! The flax oil is likely already rancid when you buy it. I've heard that almost all flax oil is rancid from the get go.
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
02-19-2008, 08:02 PM
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Poliquin says there are only like 2 brands that aren't rancid, and of course he didn't say which ones aren't! So is Spectrum one of them? I dunno, it could be.
The safest bet is fresh ground flax seeds to get this good fat in. Fish oil is still far superior, but fresh ground flax has its own benefits.
02-19-2008, 08:36 PM
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bound in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
- By Brolic in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 36Last Post: 05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
- By Sanserif in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
- By ub6ib91 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum SupplementsReplies: 20Last Post: 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM