Votes: 62 24.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 116 46.6%

• Total voters
liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
For the people who drinks milk, regardless of skim, low, etc.

Edit glasses/cups.

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
For the people who drinks milk, regardless of skim, low, etc.

"How much a day?"..... and the numbers represent what? Quarts? Glasses? Gallons?!?! LOL

I assume glasses.... I myself consume a gallon roughly every 2 days... And yes, its ALWAYS skim! All the protein, less fat! mmm mm mmmmmmm!!!!:squat:

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Only 1 glass a day...being lactose intolerant sucks

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I drink skim when I feel like it. I have to say all these polls are really lame lol.

justing

Awards
do u guys worry about the sugar content? i dont drink it, but i do it get it free at work

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't drink too much milk straight up or I get the bubbles, but I can take down a lot of milk if its with protein powder.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I can't drink too much milk straight up or I get the bubbles, but I can take down a lot of milk if its with protein powder.
I am the opposite, I am ok with a bunch of milk by itself. But when I mix it with my whey, my stomach starts brewing.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it depends really...but recently i have about 3 cups on average a day

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
do u guys worry about the sugar content? i dont drink it, but i do it get it free at work
Unless you are competing, then it should not be a problem. The pros of drinking milk out weigh the little the cons that there are.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
wish i was getting free milk at work. it's getting crazy expensive, right along side whey (duh!)

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
wish i was getting free milk at work. it's getting crazy expensive, right along side whey (duh!)
I hear ya on that!!! JEEEZ!!!! Between milk, supporting supps, food, and whey.... i'm nearly broke just trying to stay in good shape!!!!

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
yeah I have had to cut out some supps recently. Whey is getting so expensive and BCAA's here in canada are crazy expensive. I stopped using ZMA just to cut costs a bit.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'll drink about 3/4 pints on a good day, thats including one in my protien shake. I'll go for full fat for a treat now and then :p but usually its semi skimmed!

skunkman

Awards
It depends on weather or not I am cutting or bulking. I just seem to hold on to the fat longer when I am cutting and drinking milk in my diet.

Bring on the milk if I am bulking!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I go through about 3 gallons of RAW Whole Milk on a weekly basis...

skunkman

Awards
Definitely whole milk. Anything else tastes like chalk water. What does raw milk entail? Unpasteurized?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yea def about 1/2 gallon a day being conservative its soooo good, but man its gotten expensive!(More than a gallon of gas)!!!

akkxn

Awards
2-3 cups in the morning, 4 cups an hour before bed so i piss some of the water out before i sleep.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
2 cups with 1-2 scoops of whey before bedtime.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Raw grassfed milk is superior. I used to drink a lot when I could get it for $3/gal from a farmer I knew. Now that I'm in California it's legal in stores but it costs $16/gallon here and it's Holstein milk, which is lower quality than the Jersey cow milk I was used to for $3/gal in PA :(

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I just hope you guys know milk causes a big increase in insulin levels, even though it's glycemic index is quite low. Not that it doesn't have its place...just a thought for guys taking it before bed.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I could have saved thousands if I had just switched over to Almond Milk 7-8 months ago...

S***, I've wasted a lot of money...

psychobabble

psychobabble

Awards
  • Established
i consume around 2-3 glasses (16-24oz), it is one of the cheapest way to get quality protein well along with bread :)

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Milk is great for controlling body fat, I have started drinking it every day, I used to drink skim but now I drink lite milk which is a combination of skim and whole.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I drink about 2/5 a gallon/day of skim. Tastes almost like water, so I don't really mind the taste.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
the carbs in milk digest slower then oatmeal according to Layne Norton, so everyone quit worryin

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
It depends on weather or not I am cutting or bulking. I just seem to hold on to the fat longer when I am cutting and drinking milk in my diet.

Bring on the milk if I am bulking!
same way here too man. Bulking i will try and drink a gallon a day at the height of my stage (can't keep that up for more that 4 to 6 weeks though, due to cost) during a cut i'm lucky to finish a gallon in 7 days before it goes bad.....

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
A heads up - tried this Hood milk, called Calorie Countdown, and it's been ever so delicious. 90 calories per class, sporting a 5g fat/5g carg/8g protein breakdown. Of those 5g carbs, only 3g are sugars. Taste wise, absolutely great. The aftertaste is like milk chocolate icecream. In the event that there's a Big Y near you (grocery store in the North East), they currently are running a 2 for $5 sale until the end of the month if I remember correctly.

Here's a link with the ingredient label:
http://www.hphood.com/products/prodDetail.aspx?id=577

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
A heads up - tried this Hood milk, called Calorie Countdown, and it's been ever so delicious. 90 calories per class, sporting a 5g fat/5g carg/8g protein breakdown. Of those 5g carbs, only 3g are sugars. Taste wise, absolutely great. The aftertaste is like milk chocolate icecream. In the event that there's a Big Y near you (grocery store in the North East), they currently are running a 2 for $5 sale until the end of the month if I remember correctly.

lotta sodium

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards

Hells yes, I love this stuff! They've got it at Walmart here where I'm at in IL. Good stuff, not real expensive either and PERFECT for cutting/low carb diets.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Im curious. whats better Skim or Fat Free Milk?

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
"How much a day?"..... and the numbers represent what? Quarts? Glasses? Gallons?!?! LOL

I assume glasses.... I myself consume a gallon roughly every 2 days... And yes, its ALWAYS skim! All the protein, less fat! mmm mm mmmmmmm!!!!:squat:
Animal fats boost testosterone, no?

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established

4 gallons here. Pricey at $5/gallon. Best stuff by far and beats down the dead milk at the stores. Raw milk actually tastes more "milky."

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
4 gallons here. Pricey at $5/gallon. Best stuff by far and beats down the dead milk at the stores. Raw milk actually tastes more "milky."
Do you live in a rural area? I'd LOVE to be able to buy raw milk.

ptdanny

Awards
I like milk, but i've heard from bodybuilding friends and a lot of studies that it isn't nearly as good or important as people think.

Yes its a good source of extra protein and calories, but i know lots of people that never drink milk, and others that swear by it. Depends on the person i suppose, also if you know how they make milk and what they do to it :O can be a bit scary.

I personally only drink milk on rare occasions because most of them seem loaded with sugar and i can get the things i need from milk easily from other foods.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
yeah the sugar in milk is a ***** but it digests slower then oatmeal, so it is like a complex carb.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Do you live in a rural area? I'd LOVE to be able to buy raw milk.
No, I am in Grand Rapids , MI. Not far from farms though. Many states have these cow share programs. There is a website http://www.realmilk.com/ and it can help you locate a farm in your area. Raw milk is the best. I cannot even drink store milk anymore. :hammer:

bigrabbit

Awards
gallon of skim every day on bulk........ lite occasionally although i can drink it skim i love my milk hehe... avoid excess milk on cuts though....

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
1/2 gallon raw milk daily. Tastes damn good, but it can get expensive....but hey its the price we all pay to get big.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Mark Rippetoe said in order to gain weight drink 1 gallon of milk per day.