Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 6 of 18 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Right now i'm taking vitamin shoppe brand in liquid, and its costing under $1/day. Custom Nutrition Warehouse (a board sponsor) has their caps at a ridiculously low price too - 1000 1g caps for $28 I think, so also under $1/day.
    I didn't know you could get it that cheap, but to get 30 grams of the caps would require taking 30 caps a day and those capsuls can be hard on the stomach. I would go with the liquid.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Well, anecdotally at least, Poliquin's results seem to refute this claim. More than likely EPA/DHA are only suppressing AA and COX to certain extent, ie keeping them within a certain range and this range is still enough to promote muscle growth.
    I think this is the case. Also for ythe record I am at an advanced age myself.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
    I was messing w/ Easy...I...am...at...an...adva nced...oh..well, you can see my age! We need an emoticon with an old man w/ a cane!

Easy is like my older bother!!!

4. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
    Actually, set your profile, be proud! age shows maturity too!
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

5. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    ...age shows maturity too!
    True. Take me for instance.....
    •   

6. oh look it's tripdog....
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

7. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    True. Take me for instance.....
    There is always an exception to TEH rule!

8. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    I was messing w/ Easy...I...am...at...an...adva nced...oh..well, you can see my age! We need an emoticon with an old man w/ a cane!

I second the emoticon. Though I need it not for age, but abuse.

9. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    oh look it's tripdog....
    You are like the David Koresh of AM! You have your own disciples!
  10. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post

watch how you talk to your elders young man!
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

11. all of this hype is really starting to make me question the legitimacy of these fish oil claims. i've been megadosing now for the past 2 weeks, first at 30 grams and this week closer to 45 grams, and thus far I have not experienced any weight gain and my calories have been up as well. while my mood is improved, i'm not so sure the claims that mega doses of fish oil will solely lead to seroius weight gain are of any significance.

further, that fish oils are a natural anti-inflammatory proves why products like X-Factor, aka omega 6 products, have an anabolic effect. by this black and white sense, omega 3s would technicaly have an anti-anabolic effect.

i don't know what the cox-1 receptor does versus the cox 2 but the anti inflammatory nature of fish oils would make sense for inhibiting substantial anabolism.

not to say there are no medical benefits to high doses of fish oil, im just a bit skeptical on their credibility when it comes to anabolism.

also, what are the exact ratios of omega 3 fatty acids that are supposed to contribute to these near "steroidal" benefits of fish oils? and why fish oils per se as opposed to other sources of omega 3 fatty acids. is the DHA specifically what is causing these benefits, rather than the EPA?
  12. Never enough

well, if you read the stuff about biotest's flameout, they say that men need even more DHA than EPA. Its hard to say exactly, very grey area. I can only say its working for me... and it may be an anomaly
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Well done, young man!

LOL

14. Love that emoticon.

I'm old but I still kick azz.

15. I got you beat on age you youngster!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post

16. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    You are like the David Koresh of AM! You have your own disciples!
    All ur baze are belong 2 Trip

17. For anyone trying fish oil liquid I just got the best tasting one I ever tried -Barleans beand smells and tastes like an orange. Was not cheap but I could probably find it cheaper though. I love Barleans every oil i tried from them is great-Flax, Flax/Borage combo, and now the fish oil. I'm not gonna mega dose but it should still help. BTW I have nothing to do with Barleans brand I'm just glad I tried and keep trying them-I'm hooked now. Check it out for yourselves and see.
  18. Never enough

interesting. I was pondering trying some megadose borage oil so it binds to the cox2 sites
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

19. You might grow a vagina doing that.
  20. Never enough

vagina, gills, its all in the name of science! yeah, maybe primrose oil extract is too much to ask
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

21. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You might grow a vagina doing that.
    "Getting laid just got two times easier!"

22. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    All ur baze are belong 2 Trip
    if you dont like something....too bad!........dont insult me or the B-cult!!! go say a prayer for yourself to understand that it's ok to laugh in your life!!!!!!....nuff said
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

23. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You might grow a vagina doing that.
    i have to agree there......if you do.........call me *wink,wink*

24. Oh, wouldya look at that.. it's RA!

25. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Oh, wouldya look at that.. it's RA!
    oh look it's trip again

26. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    oh look it's trip again
    Wow! It's RA yet again!

27. You guys wouldn't post whore, would you?

28. Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    You guys wouldn't post whore, would you?
    wow, whatdya know.. RA's back for the third.. this time, it's PERSONAL! in 3-D!

29. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Wow! It's RA yet again!
    holy crap!!!!! tripdog again!!!!!

30. OK.....ra it's just scary that we picked the same number of dj parties.....................
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 11:02 AM
  3. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:39 PM