Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

sweetdaddy

Awards
I was cutting for a few weeks and didn't see much fat loss on scale or mirror, added 24g/day of vitamin shoppe fish oil and started losing ~1 lb/week on the scale and looking better. Eventually my strength strated to fall off so I stopped cutting but the Vitamin SHoppe liquid seems pretty good and it's affordable. Although when I added it to a shake, all i could taste was OILY LEMON-LIME. Tastes much better in a spoon and down the hatch.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yeah I got that, but it came out on a chat board that t-nation was hosting that he in fact did use Mag10. That's what the big stink was over was the fact the he blatantly said he didn't.

Either way, he still made an amazing transformation. I will say I enjoyed his routines although I like Chad Waterbury a little better.
Well if that is true he shouldn't be shouting from the roof tops that he it was a drug-free transformation.

Anywho, to in addendum to this thread, here is CT's quote on Mega-Dosing Fish Oil

Fish Oil
One mistake I made when I underwent my original transformation was that I didn't include enough fish oil. I now firmly believe that mega-dosing fish oil is one of the best strategies you can use to impart drastic body comp changes to your physique.

When in a rapid fat loss phase, most of my clients will ingest at least 15g of fish oil, sometimes up to 30-40g. I personally use 30g per day. I like to use one or two servings of Flameout per day and I make up the rest with a good blend of fish oil.

I do split the intake of fish oil throughout the day, normally at 3 to 5g per meal over five or six meals a day. (I don't take it post-workout.)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to try this when I start my CKD. Anyone know if there is any benifit from liquid over caps.

If not than in hitting up CNW they have an un-beatable deal on fish oil. It'll be a pain in the arss but idk for that price, or the burps for that matter.
nah, no real difference, just the amount of space it takes up :D yeah, that is hot from CNW, i'll probably buy some so I can leave em at work :)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I never get burps from Carlson's lemon flavor.

Pricey though.
Yeah I like the sound of that, I'll keep buying my 1000's o gel caps from CNW and my liquid from NP .....yeah baby! Let's do this lemony lime mmmmmmm.

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.S Subbed and I started this megadosing with caps today 40 caps a day, let's do this!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool neo! its got all sorts of benefits. I'm actually now at over 2 weeks solid noticing nice mood enhancement from it. I feel good all the time now

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

I have no idea how important this really is or if it will interfere or enhance Poliquin's recommendations, but thought I would pass it along.

Just started my 3 tbs per day yesterday. Already in a better mood. Will do some volume work on legs today and report anything unusual.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Time to bug NP for bulk liquid fish oil with a purty flavor.

CNW also has a stellar deal for 1000 caps.
You guys would prefer liquid to bulk softgels?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

I have no idea how important this really is or if it will interfere or enhance Poliquin's recommendations, but thought I would pass it along.

Just started my 3 tbs per day yesterday. Already in a better mood. Will do some volume work on legs today and report anything unusual.
well, I use evoo cooking, and was thinking about buying sesamin anyhow, so thats all good!:djparty:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, I use evoo cooking, and was thinking about buying sesamin anyhow, so thats all good!:djparty:
Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?
So long as the bottle wasn't black and d!ck shaped, sure

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Now boys, there are children present. There shouldn't be but..lol

Anywho, Dsade, I'd like to see bulk flavored fish oil instead of caps if it gets the overall price per gram down significantly.

You could also offer a blend option with this and add say, 10% Sesamin to the mix and we could add our own EVOO at home. The blue squirt bottles are OK, but it might be worth looking into a pump that puts out 1/2tbs amounts or something like that.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established

What about Udo's Choice Oil?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow that got gross for a while lmao..!
why no mention of a white one?....fvckn racists bastards!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Can you explain what this means to me please, I do not fully understand what you are saying here?

Much Love,

Neoborn

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
for a little over a week i've also been mega dosing CNW's fish oil caps @ 30 grams a day, spread evenly over about 8 meals (excluding PWO, but again Post post) and I've just recently bumped to 45 grams. i've been back at college for the last month so dieting has been difficult, but this weekend i'm going to map out more of a structured program and push for a lil natty recomp per se. using fish oils. so far i can't say i've experienced any weight gain. though i haven't lost weight and i am eating more now that i was before i left for school... so perhaps the fish oils are helping me stay lean in that regard? i'd much prefer to test their effects with more of recomp type diet/ workout regimen. i've been trying to bulk up as clean as possible and gain lean weight, which was why i added the oils to begin with.

but i will say that i like the added benefits of mega dosing fish oils. like others have said, the natural anti depressant properties of fish oils are astounding. i feel great all the time mood wise, despite everything going on in my life i manage to keep a happy face. 45 grams seems to be the recommended dose though, or somewhere in that vicinity methinks, so i'm going to try that out.

beallio

beallio

Awards
As of yesterday I started megadosing with 40g/day with caps.

We'll see how this goes. If anything my joints could certainly use it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just be prepared to change to an "oily hair" shampoo :D

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Can you guys direct me to the cheapest source of liquid fish oil? The cheapest I can manage is around 5cents a gram. Any bulk (ie. 2L) suppliers?
cc

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing
I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...
he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally AAS free (HGH might be a different story).

LT710

Awards
he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally anabolic steroids free (HGH might be a different story).

David Boston was a Franken-Steroid project!

cardiffgiant

Awards
A good brand of gelcaps to avoid fish burps is Barleans. When you open the bottle it smells like an orange.

cardiffgiant

Awards
I might try this mega dosing but I would like to find better tasting liuid if possible. Tried a few way back when think twinlab maybe Vshoppe and wasn't easy to deal with but if benefits are there I'll deal with the taste or find cheaper(quality as well)caps.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Interesting thread.

Subscribed! :D

So there is no health risk involved with such high dosage of fish oil, right?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting thread.

Subscribed! :D

So there is no health risk involved with such high dosage of fish oil, right?
Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage. Remember this is around the amount of fish oil you would get from eating 2-3 4oz salmon fillets a day. Not completely insane.

BTW quick update for me, scale is now reading 211 for the last 2 days, so a bit lower. Hard to say why, but its 2 days in a row. So that still leaves me at 12 lbs up in 19 days, which is still better than i see from most steroids/designers/ etc and at the same time my liver isn't crying in my sleep, and if anything my cholesterol should be improving....

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage.
i was going to ask you about this. im not taking big doses of Fish oil , but since i runned out of cycle support i increased my dose from 6 gr ED to 9.6-12 gr and i have noticed that my blood got a nice bright red color and it takes longer to coagulate and to form scabs and once the scabs are formed they can be easyly removed. i got a nose bleed 3 days ago and it hasnt healed completely. it starts healing and eveything but if i sneeze i start with the nose bleed and it takes time to heal again. i think im going to drop the fish oil a few days till my nose bleeds stop.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was going to ask you about this. im not taking big doses of Fish oil , but since i runned out of cycle support i increased my dose from 6 gr ED to 9.6-12 gr and i have noticed that my blood got a nice bright red color and it takes longer to coagulate and to form scabs and once the scabs are formed they can be easyly removed. i got a nose bleed 3 days ago and it hasnt healed completely. it starts healing and eveything but if i sneeze i start with the nose bleed and it takes time to heal again. i think im going to drop the fish oil a few days till my nose bleeds stop.
yeah, thats probably it as far as negatives go. Overall compared to the sides of a lot of the other stuff out there its not bad.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage. Remember this is around the amount of fish oil you would get from eating 2-3 4oz salmon fillets a day. Not completely insane.
I see, that shouldn't be too bad. It's good for the joints as well right?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see, that shouldn't be too bad. It's good for the joints as well right?
yeah, i'm getting very nice elbow recovery times now, its probably clipped pain time in half, if not less.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'm getting very nice elbow recovery times now, its probably clipped pain time in half, if not less.
When cycling PH/PS, will mega-dosing fish oils have negative effects on the compounds?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't think of any reason why, other than possibly from its anti inflammatory effects, but that seems to not effect muscle growth negatively. I think it could be a big plus really in that it would help to keep lipid profiles straighter.

Really I'm not sure whether I personally would take it on a cycle tho, moreso use it during PCT + time off. that way its a bridge kind of, can keep gains going potentially and help fix any cholesterol damage. I'm not sure tho really. It just would seem to be something of a waste to take it with a ph/ps, at least from what results i've gotten so far from fish oil alone.

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
I can't think of any reason why, other than possibly from its anti inflammatory effects, but that seems to not effect muscle growth negatively. I think it could be a big plus really in that it would help to keep lipid profiles straighter.

Really I'm not sure whether I personally would take it on a cycle tho, moreso use it during post cycle therapy + time off. that way its a bridge kind of, can keep gains going potentially and help fix any cholesterol damage. I'm not sure tho really. It just would seem to be something of a waste to take it with a ph/ps, at least from what results i've gotten so far from fish oil alone.
I see, so its definitely a valuable tool during PCT. Nice! :thumbsup:

Might need to try it out in the future.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
On Sept 2 at 199lbs, I started taking in 30+ g of fish oil a day.
Did you have to take a second mortgage out on your house to afford that much?

What type of fish oil do you take?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
E, what do your macros look like? How far above maintenance are your cals?