Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. all of this hype is really starting to make me question the legitimacy of these fish oil claims. i've been megadosing now for the past 2 weeks, first at 30 grams and this week closer to 45 grams, and thus far I have not experienced any weight gain and my calories have been up as well. while my mood is improved, i'm not so sure the claims that mega doses of fish oil will solely lead to seroius weight gain are of any significance.

    further, that fish oils are a natural anti-inflammatory proves why products like X-Factor, aka omega 6 products, have an anabolic effect. by this black and white sense, omega 3s would technicaly have an anti-anabolic effect.

    i don't know what the cox-1 receptor does versus the cox 2 but the anti inflammatory nature of fish oils would make sense for inhibiting substantial anabolism.

    not to say there are no medical benefits to high doses of fish oil, im just a bit skeptical on their credibility when it comes to anabolism.

    also, what are the exact ratios of omega 3 fatty acids that are supposed to contribute to these near "steroidal" benefits of fish oils? and why fish oils per se as opposed to other sources of omega 3 fatty acids. is the DHA specifically what is causing these benefits, rather than the EPA?

  2. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    well, if you read the stuff about biotest's flameout, they say that men need even more DHA than EPA. Its hard to say exactly, very grey area. I can only say its working for me... and it may be an anomaly
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    watch how you talk to your elders young man!
    Well done, young man!



    LOL
    •   
       


  4. Love that emoticon.


    I'm old but I still kick azz.

  5. I got you beat on age you youngster!

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    watch how you talk to your elders young man!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    You are like the David Koresh of AM! You have your own disciples!
    All ur baze are belong 2 Trip

  7. For anyone trying fish oil liquid I just got the best tasting one I ever tried -Barleans beand smells and tastes like an orange. Was not cheap but I could probably find it cheaper though. I love Barleans every oil i tried from them is great-Flax, Flax/Borage combo, and now the fish oil. I'm not gonna mega dose but it should still help. BTW I have nothing to do with Barleans brand I'm just glad I tried and keep trying them-I'm hooked now. Check it out for yourselves and see.
  8. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    interesting. I was pondering trying some megadose borage oil so it binds to the cox2 sites
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  9. You might grow a vagina doing that.
  10. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    vagina, gills, its all in the name of science! yeah, maybe primrose oil extract is too much to ask
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You might grow a vagina doing that.
    "Getting laid just got two times easier!"


  12. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    All ur baze are belong 2 Trip
    if you dont like something....too bad!........dont insult me or the B-cult!!! go say a prayer for yourself to understand that it's ok to laugh in your life!!!!!!....nuff said
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You might grow a vagina doing that.
    i have to agree there......if you do.........call me *wink,wink*
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  14. Oh, wouldya look at that.. it's RA!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Oh, wouldya look at that.. it's RA!
    oh look it's trip again
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    oh look it's trip again
    Wow! It's RA yet again!

  17. You guys wouldn't post whore, would you?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    You guys wouldn't post whore, would you?
    wow, whatdya know.. RA's back for the third.. this time, it's PERSONAL! in 3-D!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Wow! It's RA yet again!
    holy crap!!!!! tripdog again!!!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  20. OK.....ra it's just scary that we picked the same number of dj parties.....................
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  21. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    you owe each other a coke, or a reacharound or something now.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  22. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    OK.....ra it's just scary that we picked the same number of dj parties.....................
    All that matters is I did it first and claim rights! LOL PS (ra's back again baby!)

  23. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you owe each other a coke, or a reacharound or something now.
    ya RA you owe me some coke..................lines on ra!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    ya RA you owe me some coke..................lines on ra!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Body Lines! hahahahaha Lime's not an option here!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Body Lines! hahahahaha Lime's not an option here!
    not body lines....like lines "on RA" meaning you have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  26. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    not body lines....like lines "on RA" meaning you have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only way you're gettin it for free is to snort it off my abs. LOL
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    its perfect timing for a "seacrest out" from ra
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    its perfect timing for a "seacrest out" from ra
    SEACREST OUT (taking my coke with me) LOL

  29. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    if you dont like something....too bad!........dont insult me or the B-cult!!! go say a prayer for yourself to understand that it's ok to laugh in your life!!!!!!....nuff said
    All ur baze ar belong too B-cult. Tehy set us up teh bomb.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    All ur baze ar belong too B-cult. Tehy set us up teh bomb.
    Is it me.. or are you a flaming homosexual without a purpose in life?? I am sick of seeing your posts when you have that avatar and you say some of the most blasphemous **** I've ever seen in my life... you should consider suicide, I hear it does the world wonders. LOL jk.. but seriously.. you're acting kinda gay.. chill out, hit the showers.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Is it me.. or are you a flaming homosexual without a purpose in life?? I am sick of seeing your posts when you have that avatar and you say some of the most blasphemous **** I've ever seen in my life... you should consider suicide, I hear it does the world wonders. LOL jk.. but seriously.. you're acting kinda gay.. chill out, hit the showers.
    .......hit the showers!!!!!! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RisingAgainst again.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  32. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    All ur baze ar belong too B-cult. Tehy set us up teh bomb.
    ...english please!!!!! thank-you.....pick up a dictonary!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  33. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Is it me.. or are you a flaming homosexual without a purpose in life?? I am sick of seeing your posts when you have that avatar and you say some of the most blasphemous **** I've ever seen in my life... you should consider suicide, I hear it does the world wonders. LOL jk.. but seriously.. you're acting kinda gay.. chill out, hit the showers.
    I apologize for my inability to espy that I - for whatever reason - am unable to be one of the cool people here and joke around. I'm also sorry that you didn't get that I was just trying to have fun like you and Trip seem to do all the time.

    My apologies for existing and for attempting to joke around.


  34. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    ...english please!!!!! thank-you.....pick up a dictonary!
    I see wit is lost on some. How unfortunate.




    OH, EDIT: Aand all ur base r belong to dictonary.

  35. Hey I'm still wondering what type of cycle Jesus would do? I guessed bulikng.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    I see wit is lost on some. How unfortunate.




    OH, EDIT: Aand all ur base r belong to dictonary.
    Dude.. I knew what you were tryin to say, I wasn't referring to this instance in particular.. sorry man... (hit them showers!)

  37. Quote Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
    Hey I'm still wondering what type of cycle Jesus would do? I guessed bulikng.
    He wouldn't need to... and I would rather not see it talked about.. I swear and say a lot of jacked crap.. but when it comes down to it, I am 100% against blasphemy.. (read having religious avatars/signatures and saying some of the most perverted and outrageous things around) ... I dunno about you guys, but part of being christian is "being like Jesus" and I may not follow this like I should/want to, but I don't put a cross in my avy and "Jesus loves you" in my signature and act the way I do either.. (just sayin)

  38. RA do you know about a new supp co based in mesa az something __.com can't remember guy at supp store told me. It's supposed to be someone who worked for AX Thanks

  39. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    He wouldn't need to... and I would rather not see it talked about.. I swear and say a lot of jacked crap.. but when it comes down to it, I am 100% against blasphemy.. (read having religious avatars/signatures and saying some of the most perverted and outrageous things around) ... I dunno about you guys, but part of being christian is "being like Jesus" and I may not follow this like I should/want to, but I don't put a cross in my avy and "Jesus loves you" in my signature and act the way I do either.. (just sayin)
    That explains the joke thanks no more blaspheming from me

  40. Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Dude.. I knew what you were tryin to say, I wasn't referring to this instance in particular.. sorry man... (hit them showers!)
    Check your PM
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 11:02 AM
  3. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
  4. Fish oil: When and how much?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 01:27 PM
  5. Benefits of Fish Oil
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Log in
Log in