Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 3 of 18 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, I use evoo cooking, and was thinking about buying sesamin anyhow, so thats all good!
    Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

2. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?
    So long as the bottle wasn't black and d!ck shaped, sure
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Crap...there goes that idea.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What if it was dark brown?
  5. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    What if it was dark brown?
    would that be the hispanic dark brown as the 6oz bottle or the asian dark brown as the 3oz sampler?
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

6. Now boys, there are children present. There shouldn't be but..lol

Anywho, Dsade, I'd like to see bulk flavored fish oil instead of caps if it gets the overall price per gram down significantly.

You could also offer a blend option with this and add say, 10% Sesamin to the mix and we could add our own EVOO at home. The blue squirt bottles are OK, but it might be worth looking into a pump that puts out 1/2tbs amounts or something like that.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

I have no idea how important this really is or if it will interfere or enhance Poliquin's recommendations, but thought I would pass it along.

Just started my 3 tbs per day yesterday. Already in a better mood. Will do some volume work on legs today and report anything unusual.
    What about Udo's Choice Oil?

8. wow that got gross for a while lmao..!
    why no mention of a white one?....****n racists bastards!

9. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    What about Udo's Choice Oil?
    I bet Dsade can put something comparable yet cheaper together. But Udo's is a great brand IMO.
  10. Never enough

Udos does sound nice
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I bet Dsade can put something comparable yet cheaper together. But Udo's is a great brand IMO.
    Do it D!

12. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You guys would prefer liquid to bulk softgels?
    Both!

13. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    wow that got gross for a while lmao..!
    why no mention of a white one?....****n racists bastards!
    Keyword mega-dose, because if it was white it would only be a droppler

14. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post

15. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post

The plural of anecdote is not fact

16. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.
    Can you explain what this means to me please, I do not fully understand what you are saying here?

Much Love,

Neoborn

17. for a little over a week i've also been mega dosing CNW's fish oil caps @ 30 grams a day, spread evenly over about 8 meals (excluding PWO, but again Post post) and I've just recently bumped to 45 grams. i've been back at college for the last month so dieting has been difficult, but this weekend i'm going to map out more of a structured program and push for a lil natty recomp per se. using fish oils. so far i can't say i've experienced any weight gain. though i haven't lost weight and i am eating more now that i was before i left for school... so perhaps the fish oils are helping me stay lean in that regard? i'd much prefer to test their effects with more of recomp type diet/ workout regimen. i've been trying to bulk up as clean as possible and gain lean weight, which was why i added the oils to begin with.

but i will say that i like the added benefits of mega dosing fish oils. like others have said, the natural anti depressant properties of fish oils are astounding. i feel great all the time mood wise, despite everything going on in my life i manage to keep a happy face. 45 grams seems to be the recommended dose though, or somewhere in that vicinity methinks, so i'm going to try that out.

18. As of yesterday I started megadosing with 40g/day with caps.

We'll see how this goes. If anything my joints could certainly use it.
  19. Never enough

just be prepared to change to an "oily hair" shampoo
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    just be prepared to change to an "oily hair" shampoo
    Lovely. Anything else I should be aware of that has not been mentioned in prior posts?

21. Can you guys direct me to the cheapest source of liquid fish oil? The cheapest I can manage is around 5cents a gram. Any bulk (ie. 2L) suppliers?
    cc
  22. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by beallio View Post
    Lovely. Anything else I should be aware of that has not been mentioned in prior posts?
    Not in terms of negatives no. the hair isn't that bad.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

23. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ View Post
    Can you guys direct me to the cheapest source of liquid fish oil? The cheapest I can manage is around 5cents a gram. Any bulk (ie. 2L) suppliers?
    cc
    If you have them, I'd recommend Costco. I pickup 400 caps (1g/cap) for ~ $9
    Kirkland Signature™
    Fish Oil Concentrate

24. cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing

25. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing
    I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...

26. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...
    he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally AAS free (HGH might be a different story).

27. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally anabolic steroids free (HGH might be a different story).

David Boston was a Franken-Steroid project!

28. A good brand of gelcaps to avoid fish burps is Barleans. When you open the bottle it smells like an orange.

29. I might try this mega dosing but I would like to find better tasting liuid if possible. Tried a few way back when think twinlab maybe Vshoppe and wasn't easy to deal with but if benefits are there I'll deal with the taste or find cheaper(quality as well)caps.

30. Interesting thread.

Subscribed!

So there is no health risk involved with such high dosage of fish oil, right?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:02 PM
  3. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 09:39 PM
  4. Fish oil: When and how much?