Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 3 of 21 First 12345 ... Last

1. I was cutting for a few weeks and didn't see much fat loss on scale or mirror, added 24g/day of vitamin shoppe fish oil and started losing ~1 lb/week on the scale and looking better. Eventually my strength strated to fall off so I stopped cutting but the Vitamin SHoppe liquid seems pretty good and it's affordable. Although when I added it to a shake, all i could taste was OILY LEMON-LIME. Tastes much better in a spoon and down the hatch.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    Yeah I got that, but it came out on a chat board that t-nation was hosting that he in fact did use Mag10. That's what the big stink was over was the fact the he blatantly said he didn't.

Either way, he still made an amazing transformation. I will say I enjoyed his routines although I like Chad Waterbury a little better.
    Well if that is true he shouldn't be shouting from the roof tops that he it was a drug-free transformation.

Anywho, to in addendum to this thread, here is CT's quote on Mega-Dosing Fish Oil

Fish Oil
    One mistake I made when I underwent my original transformation was that I didn't include enough fish oil. I now firmly believe that mega-dosing fish oil is one of the best strategies you can use to impart drastic body comp changes to your physique.

When in a rapid fat loss phase, most of my clients will ingest at least 15g of fish oil, sometimes up to 30-40g. I personally use 30g per day. I like to use one or two servings of Flameout per day and I make up the rest with a good blend of fish oil.

I do split the intake of fish oil throughout the day, normally at 3 to 5g per meal over five or six meals a day. (I don't take it post-workout.)
    •   

3. I was going to try this when I start my CKD. Anyone know if there is any benifit from liquid over caps.

If not than in hitting up CNW they have an un-beatable deal on fish oil. It'll be a pain in the arss but idk for that price, or the burps for that matter.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

4. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I was going to try this when I start my CKD. Anyone know if there is any benifit from liquid over caps.

If not than in hitting up CNW they have an un-beatable deal on fish oil. It'll be a pain in the arss but idk for that price, or the burps for that matter.
    nah, no real difference, just the amount of space it takes up yeah, that is hot from CNW, i'll probably buy some so I can leave em at work

5. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I never get burps from Carlson's lemon flavor.

Pricey though.
    Yeah I like the sound of that, I'll keep buying my 1000's o gel caps from CNW and my liquid from NP .....yeah baby! Let's do this lemony lime mmmmmmm.

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.S Subbed and I started this megadosing with caps today 40 caps a day, let's do this!
    •   

6. Cool neo! its got all sorts of benefits. I'm actually now at over 2 weeks solid noticing nice mood enhancement from it. I feel good all the time now

7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    benefits.

BeneGits!

8. According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

I have no idea how important this really is or if it will interfere or enhance Poliquin's recommendations, but thought I would pass it along.

Just started my 3 tbs per day yesterday. Already in a better mood. Will do some volume work on legs today and report anything unusual.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Time to bug NP for bulk liquid fish oil with a purty flavor.

CNW also has a stellar deal for 1000 caps.
    You guys would prefer liquid to bulk softgels?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

10. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

I have no idea how important this really is or if it will interfere or enhance Poliquin's recommendations, but thought I would pass it along.

Just started my 3 tbs per day yesterday. Already in a better mood. Will do some volume work on legs today and report anything unusual.
    well, I use evoo cooking, and was thinking about buying sesamin anyhow, so thats all good!

11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, I use evoo cooking, and was thinking about buying sesamin anyhow, so thats all good!
    Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?

12. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Rachel Ray would be so proud of you.

RPN is putting together an essential fatty acid product, and with the success of the Bulk Sesathin Squirt bottle, would you use a product that you squirted into your mouth?
    So long as the bottle wasn't black and d!ck shaped, sure

13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Crap...there goes that idea.

14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What if it was dark brown?

15. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    What if it was dark brown?
    would that be the hispanic dark brown as the 6oz bottle or the asian dark brown as the 3oz sampler?

16. Now boys, there are children present. There shouldn't be but..lol

Anywho, Dsade, I'd like to see bulk flavored fish oil instead of caps if it gets the overall price per gram down significantly.

You could also offer a blend option with this and add say, 10% Sesamin to the mix and we could add our own EVOO at home. The blue squirt bottles are OK, but it might be worth looking into a pump that puts out 1/2tbs amounts or something like that.

17. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    According to LEF, using high amounts of fish oil can increase lipid peroxidation in certain pathways. They suggest, based on their data, that you also include a little bit of Sesamin and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

What about Udo's Choice Oil?

18. wow that got gross for a while lmao..!
    why no mention of a white one?....****n racists bastards!

19. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    What about Udo's Choice Oil?
    I bet Dsade can put something comparable yet cheaper together. But Udo's is a great brand IMO.

20. Udos does sound nice

21. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I bet Dsade can put something comparable yet cheaper together. But Udo's is a great brand IMO.
    Do it D!

22. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You guys would prefer liquid to bulk softgels?
    Both!

23. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    wow that got gross for a while lmao..!
    why no mention of a white one?....****n racists bastards!
    Keyword mega-dose, because if it was white it would only be a droppler

24. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post

25. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post

The plural of anecdote is not fact
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements