Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 3 of 13 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.66%

Can you guys direct me to the cheapest source of liquid fish oil? The cheapest I can manage is around 5cents a gram. Any bulk (ie. 2L) suppliers?
    cc

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by beallio View Post
    Lovely. Anything else I should be aware of that has not been mentioned in prior posts?
    Not in terms of negatives no. the hair isn't that bad.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.92%

Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ View Post
    Can you guys direct me to the cheapest source of liquid fish oil? The cheapest I can manage is around 5cents a gram. Any bulk (ie. 2L) suppliers?
    cc
    If you have them, I'd recommend Costco. I pickup 400 caps (1g/cap) for ~ $9
    Kirkland Signature™
    Fish Oil Concentrate
    •   

4. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    cool thread, Poliquin is a great strength coach -- but don't think that his athletes are natural. With that said, I'm going to up my fish oil dosing
    I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...
  6. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I've been following his principles since the MM2K days...
    he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally AAS free (HGH might be a different story).
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    he's definitely legit... Packed 55lbs of Muscle and killed all the fat on David Boston in ~14months. Didn't result in a better football player after Boston crossed 235lbs, but impressive results nonetheless.

He works with tons of NHL players who are generally anabolic steroids free (HGH might be a different story).

David Boston was a Franken-Steroid project!
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%

A good brand of gelcaps to avoid fish burps is Barleans. When you open the bottle it smells like an orange.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%

I might try this mega dosing but I would like to find better tasting liuid if possible. Tried a few way back when think twinlab maybe Vshoppe and wasn't easy to deal with but if benefits are there I'll deal with the taste or find cheaper(quality as well)caps.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.23%

Interesting thread.

Subscribed!

So there is no health risk involved with such high dosage of fish oil, right?
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Interesting thread.

Subscribed!

So there is no health risk involved with such high dosage of fish oil, right?
    Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage. Remember this is around the amount of fish oil you would get from eating 2-3 4oz salmon fillets a day. Not completely insane.

BTW quick update for me, scale is now reading 211 for the last 2 days, so a bit lower. Hard to say why, but its 2 days in a row. So that still leaves me at 12 lbs up in 19 days, which is still better than i see from most steroids/designers/ etc and at the same time my liver isn't crying in my sleep, and if anything my cholesterol should be improving....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage.
    i was going to ask you about this. im not taking big doses of Fish oil , but since i runned out of cycle support i increased my dose from 6 gr ED to 9.6-12 gr and i have noticed that my blood got a nice bright red color and it takes longer to coagulate and to form scabs and once the scabs are formed they can be easyly removed. i got a nose bleed 3 days ago and it hasnt healed completely. it starts healing and eveything but if i sneeze i start with the nose bleed and it takes time to heal again. i think im going to drop the fish oil a few days till my nose bleeds stop.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    i was going to ask you about this. im not taking big doses of Fish oil , but since i runned out of cycle support i increased my dose from 6 gr ED to 9.6-12 gr and i have noticed that my blood got a nice bright red color and it takes longer to coagulate and to form scabs and once the scabs are formed they can be easyly removed. i got a nose bleed 3 days ago and it hasnt healed completely. it starts healing and eveything but if i sneeze i start with the nose bleed and it takes time to heal again. i think im going to drop the fish oil a few days till my nose bleeds stop.
    yeah, thats probably it as far as negatives go. Overall compared to the sides of a lot of the other stuff out there its not bad.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.23%

Some. Really the main one is that cuts are likely to take longer to stop bleeding. thats the primary. other than that there is limited damage. Remember this is around the amount of fish oil you would get from eating 2-3 4oz salmon fillets a day. Not completely insane.
    I see, that shouldn't be too bad. It's good for the joints as well right?
  15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I see, that shouldn't be too bad. It's good for the joints as well right?
    yeah, i'm getting very nice elbow recovery times now, its probably clipped pain time in half, if not less.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.23%

yeah, i'm getting very nice elbow recovery times now, its probably clipped pain time in half, if not less.
    When cycling PH/PS, will mega-dosing fish oils have negative effects on the compounds?
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

I can't think of any reason why, other than possibly from its anti inflammatory effects, but that seems to not effect muscle growth negatively. I think it could be a big plus really in that it would help to keep lipid profiles straighter.

Really I'm not sure whether I personally would take it on a cycle tho, moreso use it during PCT + time off. that way its a bridge kind of, can keep gains going potentially and help fix any cholesterol damage. I'm not sure tho really. It just would seem to be something of a waste to take it with a ph/ps, at least from what results i've gotten so far from fish oil alone.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.23%

I can't think of any reason why, other than possibly from its anti inflammatory effects, but that seems to not effect muscle growth negatively. I think it could be a big plus really in that it would help to keep lipid profiles straighter.

Really I'm not sure whether I personally would take it on a cycle tho, moreso use it during post cycle therapy + time off. that way its a bridge kind of, can keep gains going potentially and help fix any cholesterol damage. I'm not sure tho really. It just would seem to be something of a waste to take it with a ph/ps, at least from what results i've gotten so far from fish oil alone.
    I see, so its definitely a valuable tool during PCT. Nice!

Might need to try it out in the future.
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.03%

On Sept 2 at 199lbs, I started taking in 30+ g of fish oil a day.
    Did you have to take a second mortgage out on your house to afford that much?

What type of fish oil do you take?
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

E, what do your macros look like? How far above maintenance are your cals?
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Right now i'm taking vitamin shoppe brand in liquid, and its costing under $1/day. Custom Nutrition Warehouse (a board sponsor) has their caps at a ridiculously low price too - 1000 1g caps for $28 I think, so also under $1/day.

I think right now my macros are around 40carb/30pro/30fat workout days and 30/40/30 non workout. basically on workout days I am taking in an extra 100~150g of carbs just to survive thru GVT. Its hard to say where I am vs maintenance, since I think I have light thyroid issues and slow metabolism. my personal belief is that normal day maintenance is around 1800 or so. Right now i'm between 3600-4000 cal workout days and 3200-3600 non workout. I wouldn't normally go so high on fats, but what can I do when i'm trying to take in red meat, and taking 45g of fish oil a day? When I go to cutting it will radically change as i'll hardly take in any fat besides the fish oil, and get more of my protein from shakes, and most of my carbs from fruit.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

I think right now my macros are around 40carb/30pro/30fat workout days and 30/40/30 non workout. basically on workout days I am taking in an extra 100~150g of carbs just to survive thru GVT. Its hard to say where I am vs maintenance, since I think I have light thyroid issues and slow metabolism. my personal belief is that normal day maintenance is around 1800 or so. Right now i'm between 3600-4000 cal workout days and 3200-3600 non workout. .
    So, do you think that the gains are due to primarily the fish oil or the double maintenance cals? Or a combination of both?
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

of course you can't get gains without going over maintenance cals, thats basically against the laws of physics (sort of like believing that michael jackson had little boys in his bed and poured wine down their throats and then just read bedtime stories). So gaining scale weight has to come from that. But I attribute the fact that its all lean mass (i've got increased definition vs when I was 12 lbs lower) to the fish oil / incarnate / leviathan combo
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

of course you can't get gains without going over maintenance cals, thats basically against the laws of physics (sort of like believing that michael jackson had little boys in his bed and poured wine down their throats and then just read bedtime stories). So gaining scale weight has to come from that. But I attribute the fact that its all lean mass (i've got increased definition vs when I was 12 lbs lower) to the fish oil / incarnate / leviathan combo
    I savvy!
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Can you explain what this means to me please, I do not fully understand what you are saying here?

Much Love,

Neoborn

It appears I may have mis-read what LEF was talking about in regards to fish and sesame oil. Thus far, aside from thinning of the blood, I can't find any dangers in using large amounts of fish oil. If the argument that Poliquin present is correct..ie our ancestors used to consume the 30-45 grams per day..then there's likely no danger.

Other than going broke.
  26. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

10oz of salmon a day is over 2g of DHA....
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.22%

I'm trying this out right now too. I've been around 40 g a day of the liquid fish oils for about 4 days and am noticing improved mood, if nothing else. I'm interested to see what what kind of results I'm going to get with this.

Also, I've read on other boards that many people don't like the caps because they don't seem to have the same results. Some have speculated that the encapsulation process may compromise the integrity of the oil. I have no idea idea if this theory has any validity, but I've dosed as high as 20 g a day with the caps, and noticed no discerable effects.

But with the liquid, I have definately noticed an improvement in mood and the way I handle myself; I seem to be more talkative and happy to deal with people, if that makes any sense.
  28. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by illfoo View Post
    But with the liquid, I have definately noticed an improvement in mood and the way I handle myself; I seem to be more talkative and happy to deal with people, if that makes any sense.
    you are well oiled now so everything goes smoother! sigh, lame joke
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

Quote Originally Posted by illfoo View Post
    Also, I've read on other boards that many people don't like the caps because they don't seem to have the same results. Some have speculated that the encapsulation process may compromise the integrity of the oil. I have no idea idea if this theory has any validity, but I've dosed as high as 20 g a day with the caps, and noticed no discerable effects.

I've heard the same things about Flax Seed Oil. The health benegits are pronounced with the liquid but nowhere as obvious w/ the same dose in capsules. I belive that it has something to do, as you alluded to, with the process.

E, do you keep your oil refrigerated? I know Flax oil must be refrigerated or it gets rancid. Of course, since you finish off a bottle in a week, there is no time to get rancid, huh?
  30. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    I've heard the same things about Flax Seed Oil. The health benegits are pronounced with the liquid but nowhere as obvious w/ the same dose in capsules. I belive that it has something to do, as you alluded to, with the process.

E, do you keep your oil refrigerated? I know Flax oil must be refrigerated or it gets rancid. Of course, since you finish off a bottle in a week, there is no time to get rancid, huh?
    my fish, flax and coconut oils all stay refrigerated once opened. I wonder if its more the omega 3 in general that his this effect, or if its fish specifically? like I wonder if flax oil would give similar results at same doses
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

my fish, flax and coconut oils all stay refrigerated once opened. I wonder if its more the omega 3 in general that his this effect, or if its fish specifically? like I wonder if flax oil would give similar results at same doses
    Great question...there are many who hail Flax Seed Oil in large doses as a panacea - capable of curing all kinds of ailments up to and incluiding cancer. Not to mention, fat loss properties as well.
  32. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Great question...there are many who hail Flax Seed Oil in large doses as a panacea - capable of curing all kinds of ailments up to and incluiding cancer. Not to mention, fat loss properties as well.
    I'm not doing 80g of oils total a day
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow how do you dose all of that?

During my CKD i plan on 30gr Flax, 30gr Fish, 6gr CLA and 3.75ml Seasathin. I also looking into 1TBS Coconut Oil pre-workout. That'll put me near 72gr a day of fats.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.67%

Maybe 20g Fish and 20g Flax
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Maybe 20g Fish and 20g Flax
    what about baconfat? i'd really rather add that
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

man I read the wrong easy my bad
  37. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

is there EPA + DHA in flax oil? I'm looking to find dosages of it
  38. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    man I read the wrond easy my bad
    I'm just scared that wilman will talk me into it. between him + xjsynx they've got me doing 40gs of fish oil, and doing GVT as a workout scheme. I think they are using jedi mind magic
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

HAHA I got you.

Well wilman & xjsynx if you can wait until Jan 3rd I'll be doing most all that on my CKD, minus the GVT. The GVT may kill me while bulking
  40. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    HAHA I got you.

Well wilman & xjsynx if you can wait until Jan 3rd I'll be doing most all that on my CKD, minus the GVT. The GVT may kill me while bulking
    its meant for bulking!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:02 PM
  3. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 09:39 PM