Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread

Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Don't have kids!

I feel for you Bioman! I imagine it will pass (dear god, please let it friggin pass!!!!). But all I know is yesterday on the way back from lunch, the manhole cover in the street outside my office building looked attractive... Not a good sign.
    got 2, and currently pregnant! shes extra horny the whole time she is pregnant too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    got 2, and currently pregnant! shes extra horny the whole time she is pregnant too.
    Yeah, I enjoyed that brief period too. Then she had a particularly difficult delivery (24+ hours) followed by an emergency c-section. The doors have been mostly closed since then, going on 2 years now. But the last 6 weeks or so is the longest dry spell we've had. I'm not even sure if it's been 6 weeks or longer. It was bad enough when we were only doing it once or twice per month. But this is getting ridiculous. I shouldn't have to beg, right???? A married man should not have to beg for it!!!! That's not in the contract!

On a more relevant note, I've upped my fish oil dosage to about 3600 mg of dha and epa per day. It's 12 1000mg pills per day, but that includes a combined 300mg of epa and dha. So, I just placed an order for some liquid that I can take at home and I'll bring my pills into work to take with lunch. Then I'll be able to get into the mega-dosing range and see how it works.
    •   

3. yeah, try to get into the 2+g of dha, I think thats the important piece, moreso than epa. not 100% sure tho. plus anecdotal evidence seems to show that liquids work far better than caps.

206lbs today, so weight is streaming off as fast as it piled on. I feel leaner than I can recall Sounds silly, but just how my body moves going up and down stairs (subtracting the thigh soreness from GBC) and that sort of thing, I feel thinner.

I added bulk tyrosine into the mix as well, 1tsp (around 1.2g) 3x daily. I tell ya, that seems to be a better nootropic than anything else i've taken. I feel more focused mentally.

No cardio today, probably none tomorrow. my thigs have been sore since wed, so I want to give them fair chance to relax. I probably shouldn't have done heavy cardio thursday. I may skip cardio entirely for next week, and save that as the "bringing in the big guns" for the tail end of the contest. After all with 3 days working out, I can manage to tack an extra 200 cal worth of quick post wo cardio to each of those, and maybe 700 cal worth on each off day to drop another whole pound each of the last 2 weeks. We'll see where the initial keto phase lands me by next sunday before we decide. No sense burning myself out tho, its a marathon, not a sprint

4. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Charles Poliquin recommend Nutrasea liquid fishoil, apparently he's tested quite a few brands, i believe 100 or so and found Nutrasea to be the best. I'm picking some up in a week or so once i finish up my Udo's oil, i have 2 friends doing 40g's of the Nutrasea fish oil day and love it, they are getting bigger and leaner, their body temperature is way up a well.
    where do you purchase your nutrasea liquid fishoil from?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tkenshin View Post
    where do you purchase your nutrasea liquid fishoil from?
    I'm going to pick some up from goodnessme a health food store here in Canada.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    I'm going to pick some up from goodnessme a health food store here in Canada.
    awww. damn

7. 206 today. So in 7 days, 7 lbs down. wheeeeew. Lets see wha the second week brings. Definitely noticeably leaner too. Even vascularity is up some, and thats somewhat unusual with no glycogen in bloodstream. I'm in medium to large ketosis by strips now for 2 days, so glycogen is alll gone for sure. my hands have all sorts of veins starting to creep out I don't remember the last time I've seen.

8. TrueProtein, FTW! 1000caps for $25.

9. just in time for my WMS also

10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    206 today. So in 7 days, 7 lbs down. wheeeeew. Lets see wha the second week brings. Definitely noticeably leaner too. Even vascularity is up some, and thats somewhat unusual with no glycogen in bloodstream. I'm in medium to large ketosis by strips now for 2 days, so glycogen is alll gone for sure. my hands have all sorts of veins starting to creep out I don't remember the last time I've seen.
    Have you noticed any improvement in mental funciton or anything like that?

11. Not particularly, the overall mellower mood was noticeable fairly early, like a week or so in

12. i have been reading over this thread and my buddies who own a supp store are going to hook me up with a few bottles of Health from the Sun orange flavor Fish Oil...

ill keep you guys up to date...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

13. minor update, but very interesting to anyone doing this - I guess i've adapted to the fish oil completely! The feeling of oily skin + greasy hair has pretty much faded entirely. Its been lessening somewhat over time, but its been gradual enough I didn't quite realize it. But today I really noticed, my skin is back to feeling the way it did pre-fish oil, and i'm still taking 40-45g a day.

14. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Charles Poliquin recommend Nutrasea liquid fishoil, apparently he's tested quite a few brands, i believe 100 or so and found Nutrasea to be the best. I'm picking some up in a week or so once i finish up my Udo's oil, i have 2 friends doing 40g's of the Nutrasea fish oil day and love it, they are getting bigger and leaner, their body temperature is way up a well.
    I want to try it but correct me if im wrong, isn't that in the neighborhood of 200-300$ a month? One bottle would last ~1.5days?

assume: $13.99/bottle

Container Size: 200mL
    Serving Size: 1 Tsp. (5mL)
    Servings Per Container: 40

Container Size: 500mL
    Servings Per Container: 100

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 40
    Calories from fat 40
    Fat 4g 6%
    Saturated 1g 5%
    + Trans 0g
    Polyunsaturates 2g
    Monounsaturates 1g
    Cholesterol 15mg 5%

Total Omega-3 1600 mg
    EPA 800 mg
    DHA 500 mg
    Other Omega-3 300 mg

15. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    I want to try it but correct me if im wrong, isn't that in the neighborhood of 200-300$ a month? One bottle would last ~1.5days?

assume: $13.99/bottle

Container Size: 200mL
    Servings Per Container: 40

Container Size: 500mL
    Servings Per Container: 100

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 40
    Calories from fat 40
    Fat 4g 6%
    Saturated 1g 5%
    + Trans 0g
    Polyunsaturates 2g
    Monounsaturates 1g
    Cholesterol 15mg 5%

Total Omega-3 1600 mg
    EPA 800 mg
    DHA 500 mg
    Other Omega-3 300 mg

No, basically 200ml = 200g. its 30-45g of fish oil, not of omega-3s. So the 200ml bottle would last 6 days @ 30g. Basically 3 tbsp a day, and each tbsp = 3 tsp

16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    No, basically 200ml = 200g. its 30-45g of fish oil, not of omega-3s. So the 200ml bottle would last 6 days @ 30g. Basically 3 tbsp a day, and each tbsp = 3 tsp

ha, i just figured that out after I left the thread.
    Thanks for clearing it up though... not a bad deal.

17. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    ha, i just figured that out after I left the thread.
    Thanks for clearing it up though... not a bad deal.
    Trueprotein.com has 1000 fish oil caps @ 1gr. a pill for $24.99, Thats over a months worth

18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    minor update, but very interesting to anyone doing this - I guess i've adapted to the fish oil completely! The feeling of oily skin + greasy hair has pretty much faded entirely. Its been lessening somewhat over time, but its been gradual enough I didn't quite realize it. But today I really noticed, my skin is back to feeling the way it did pre-fish oil, and i'm still taking 40-45g a day.
    Suprisingly enough I've noticed less in-grown hairs and random facial acne that pops up once in awhile since I've been on the regiment. One would think more oily skin would lead to greater skin flare-ups...

19. So decided to start mega dosing too.. I'm taking in about 30grams a day, started last friday I believe.. Anyway, I've been having terribly fishy/greasy bowel movements lately .. Anybody else expereince this?

20. It was getting pretty bad for me at one point. I told my wife I am willing to do what I have to do but you have to live up to your God given role / agreement. I should not have to beg for it and I am going to get it one way or another, I love you, please love me back. We had some intense conversations and things got a little better. This is most likely still the reason why I have major callous on my hands

She likes to cuddle, I like to do the horizontal mumbo. Fair deal.

Much Love,

Neoborn

Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed that brief period too. Then she had a particularly difficult delivery (24+ hours) followed by an emergency c-section. The doors have been mostly closed since then, going on 2 years now. But the last 6 weeks or so is the longest dry spell we've had. I'm not even sure if it's been 6 weeks or longer. It was bad enough when we were only doing it once or twice per month. But this is getting ridiculous. I shouldn't have to beg, right???? A married man should not have to beg for it!!!! That's not in the contract!

On a more relevant note, I've upped my fish oil dosage to about 3600 mg of dha and epa per day. It's 12 1000mg pills per day, but that includes a combined 300mg of epa and dha. So, I just placed an order for some liquid that I can take at home and I'll bring my pills into work to take with lunch. Then I'll be able to get into the mega-dosing range and see how it works.

21. Are you taking the fish oil with meals? or inbetween? I never noticed any changes in that respect

22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Are you taking the fish oil with meals? or inbetween? I never noticed any changes in that respect
    Usually with meals, but sometimes no.. You think that could be why? Or maybe my body just needs a little time to get used to all the extra fat? Cuz I usually keep up a pretty lowfat diet.

23. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    It was getting pretty bad for me at one point. I told my wife I am willing to do what I have to do but you have to live up to your God given role / agreement. I should not have to beg for it and I am going to get it one way or another, I love you, please love me back. We had some intense conversations and things got a little better. This is most likely still the reason why I have major callous on my hands

She likes to cuddle, I like to do the horizontal mumbo. Fair deal.

Much Love,

Neoborn
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with marital relations! We had it out on Sunday and basically she's blaming a hormone shift and is going to see her doctor about a different birth control pill. That might help with the b*tchiness, but I'm still waiting for sex and I don't know if a different pill will end that wait. Oh well. At least we're talking now.

Sorry for the thread jack again, Easy!

In fish oil related news, I got my Health From The Sun fish oil yesterday and I'm very happy with the taste, or rather the lack of taste. No fishy smell or anything. A slight orange taste and the obvious oily residue, but it's really easy to take down a teaspoon at a time. I thought the taste was going to be more of a problem. I'll post some more thoughts here after a few days.

24. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Usually with meals, but sometimes no.. You think that could be why? Or maybe my body just needs a little time to get used to all the extra fat? Cuz I usually keep up a pretty lowfat diet.
    I'd try to make sure to take it with meals, that should help

25. Ive heard this for a whole now. i take in about four pervday. I used to take in twenty grams per day @ 20 g's I did not really notice a difference
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 11:02 AM
  3. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA