Nut/Seed Butter...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
All jokes aside, I've been wanting to give some of these a try.

Natural Peanut butter is good stuff, but there are a lot of other options out there...

Walnut butter
Hazelnut butter
Peacan butter
Macademia butter
Almond butter
Cashew butter
Hazelnut butter
Peanut butter
Pumpkin seed butter
Sunflower seed butter
Soybean butter
Tahini / Seasame Seed butter

I've only ever had Peanut...but recently bought Almond butter to replace it once it has run out.

Anyone ever try the rest? Can you give an opinion on it's taste/texture and price?

IainDaniel

Awards
Almond butter is the best.

Tahini plain is down right disgusting.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Almond and cashew butter are pretty good. They're expensive though. Almond butter is easily $10 a jar.

I made walnut butter, but walnuts are kinda bitter-tasting. I mixed in some maple syrup and it tasted pretty good.

If you look in the recipe's forum, I have a thread that tells you how to make your own natty PB. You can easily replace peanuts with other nuts to make it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am partial to cashew butter and almond butter, but the price makes them a treat instead of a staple.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am partial to cashew butter and almond butter, but the price makes them a treat instead of a staple.
First ecdy, now this. Great minds think alike.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear...

...yea almost 9 bucks for the jar of almond butter, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

...thanks for the input guys.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in my log a few days back:) Feeling kind, so I'll share..
oh I made this crazy tasting butter today...
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
sesathin
chocomine
choc flavouring

blend blend blend.. add some sesathin until it gets to a nice consistency... omg..tastes like nutella, but better... not sure how much sesa I used.. maybe a tablespoon or so. It was damn good with cottage cheese, I'd imagine it'd be nice with some rye crackers or just about anything, even on its own!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear...

...yea almost 9 bucks for the jar of almond butter, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

...thanks for the input guys.

Find a Whole Foods or Wild Oats market, in the bulk section you can make your own nut butters or get it out of their bulk tubs. I'm pretty sure its cheaper than 9$/jar too.

Personally I like Peanut, Almond, Cashew and Sesame Seed.

X