a good bulking routine?

loner

loner

Awards
i want to drink about 3 a day plus 2 meals during an upcoming bulk up phase.

N-large2 (1) 600
bannana (1) 100
activia (5 oz) 100
olive oil (tbsp) 150 *except on post workout drink*
whole milk (8oz) 150

1100 calories

x3= 3300 calories,plus 2 500 cal meals= 4300 calories

the shakes will be drank in a 30-45 minute window to increase digestion/absorbtion.the bannana,olive oil,activia and milk is to increase the calories of the shake but more importantly to add to the digestability of it.I drank N-large before straight up and it makes my turds blocky and hard to pass :blink: the extra ingredients would surely help in that department.

i am 26 ,5'6 140 with ecomorphic/mesomorphic bodytype (lean,muscular)

the shakes will be on a 3xday for 4 days with 2 days off eating two meals a day during those days,then repeating cycle.i have zero appetite so these shakes are a god send for me.i seem to only be able to eat either a big meal a day or even two small ones.i simply have no appetite :yawn:
but i want to put some meat on my bones!
i eat usually mostly meat and veggies with not such a taste for carbs.

as far as training,it's going to be 3xweek,abreviated whole body routine.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I like to have more whole food meals whether I am bulking or cutting. Shakes have there purpose for around workout times and to get the little extra calories in if needed, but I would consider you eat more whole food meals. At least 4, then 2 shakes as well. So that would be 6 meals a day, 4 from whole food sources, and 2 from shakes. I eat 6-8 small meals a day.
As far as having no appetite, Try either Anabolic Innovations-Grub On or Controlled Labs-Black Hole. Both products are good and trick you mind into thinking that you are not full and will help you eat more by increasing your appetite.

loner

loner

Awards
thanks, those look very interesting.i might have to take a look at them.three square meals would be a nice place to start.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, just keep us updated on your progress if you like.

Dros120

Awards
More whole food would be beneficial, but only if you can do it an still reach your goal caloric intake. If you just cannot eat enough whole food, then the shakes are the best solution.

Ideally, you might want to reduce the shakes and increase the whole food meals so there is 3 of each with more of a calorie balance. Get some red meat and whole eggs in there and reduce the whole milk. You might also want to get some good slow burning carbs in the whole food meals (ie yams, oatmeal, etc.) and get rid of the banana in one of two of the shakes. Hope that helps.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
olive oil (tbsp) 150 *except on post workout drink*
Yeah, I saw that. That's why I said also on the pre, not post, assuming you're ingesting a pre-WO drink, which you should be.

loner

loner

Awards
Yeah, I saw that. That's why I said also on the pre, not post, assuming you're ingesting a pre-WO drink, which you should be.
whoops, i didn't even see it being pre instead of post.
my bad

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I would add at least one more whole food meal in there. You might wanna add some Benefiber to your shake also.

loner

loner

Awards
I would add at least one more whole food meal in there. You might wanna add some Benefiber to your shake also.
maybe i should. this drink is HUGE the last time i made one.i doubt i could drink three of them in a day,it takes about a good 45 minutes drinking it in quarters every 15 minutes just to finish it comfortably.I made the mistake of drinking it tooo quickly one time and apparently it expanded in my stomach or something because i felt soooooooo bloated for like 3 hours,it was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world! but then after wards,my body felt really dense and full and i had really good energy.