My work day diet roughly (please critique)

the42nd

Awards
Alright hears my diet for five days a week. My main goal is bulking, while staying healthy. My maintenance calories adjusted for working out and work is around 4000cals. Any insight is welcome. I'm always looking for new eating tips.
9am- 2 cups oatmeal + scoop of protein(24g prot), banana
11am- pre-workout shake (24g prot +30g maltodextrin)
1pm- post-workout shake (30g prot + 50g maltodextrin)
2pm- Peanut Butter Sandwich, whole wheat bread, glass of milk
3pm- can of tuna, apple
5:30pm- new york steak, brocolli
7pm- 2 fish tacos
9pm- chicken breast or salmon, with spinach or pasta
10:30pm- Natural yogurt w/ granola
12pm- peanut butter or protein shake

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright hears my diet for five days a week. My main goal is bulking, while staying healthy. My maintenance calories adjusted for working out and work is around 4000cals. Any insight is welcome. I'm always looking for new eating tips.
9am- 2 cups oatmeal + scoop of protein(24g prot), banana
11am- pre-workout shake (24g prot +30g maltodextrin)
1pm- post-workout shake (30g prot + 50g maltodextrin)
2pm- Peanut Butter Sandwich, whole wheat bread, glass of milk
3pm- can of tuna, apple
5:30pm- new york steak, brocolli
7pm- 2 fish tacos
9pm- chicken breast or salmon, with spinach or pasta
10:30pm- Natural yogurt w/ granola
12pm- peanut butter or protein shake

For your post workout meal it should be something high in protein and low gi carbs. If you could have your 5:30 meal at 3pm or even 3:30pm, this may be better for nutrient partioning.

Also, what kind of breakdown are you looking at in terms of % of protein, carbs, fat?

It wouldn't hurt to bump your post workout protein intake to 50 grams.

It makes more sense to me to include oats pre-workout rather than malto.

Some are going to tell you to drop the Malto and use some sort of oats, veggies, etc. Personally I'm a fan of Dextrose post-workout.

I'd also suggest using Fish-oil at 6 grams ED (at least).

Considering what time you go to sleep, having granola at 10:30 may not be the best choice. If you could have some sort of solid food thats high in protein like chicken breast, it may help with catabolism during sleep as the digestion would be slower than something like a shake (even with PB)

I like the fact that you are eating so often, thats really good.

That is about it I can think of right now, I'm sure others will have better advice.

It be of great benefit if you posted information about yourself. Workout history/regiment, supplements, height, etc.

the42nd

Awards
Thanks for the input. that's exactly the kind of fine-tuning i'm looking for.
Here's a few more stats:

6'3"
203.lbs
9%BF
25yrs old

Weightlift 3-4 days a week.
Boxing twice a week.

My occupation is as a bartender, so i'm always up a little later. I 'm looking for a 40/50/10 or a 40/40/20 split. I seem to respond well to high carbs.

Supplementation:
Fish Oil(around 3g a day, but I'm going to up it)
ZMA
Twinlab Multi-vitamin
B-Complex

That's about it.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You may want to keep the fat above 10% during your bulk.

Also, since you say that you respond well to carbs, make sure to bump carbs and possibly protein intake on lifting days....

Good stats btw, at 203lbs and 6'3" I can see how you would need the bulk. I'm thinking you'll have a very successful bulk if you keep your diet on point. Good luck.

Of course everything will need to be adjusted as time progresses and you see the effects of your diet.