"How did our ancestors discover that this was edible?"

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What food has made you wonder, "How did our ancestors discover that this was edible?"

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Kale

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cows milk, like why was someone jerking off a cow titty.... and why did they drink it?

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Far out, never heard of that and I wish I didn't look it up...
"natural flavoring" typically how it's listed on labels lol.. anything vanilla or raspberry typically has it in it..that's definitely one that makes you wonder how the fck did they determine the use of flavoring with that one..

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"natural flavoring" typically how it's listed on labels lol.. anything vanilla or raspberry typically has it in it..that's definitely one that makes you wonder how the fck did they determine the use of flavoring with that one..
So what you are saying, is we should all go out an lick some beavers anus to see if they have different flavors?

"Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries, the beavers anus like rasberries"

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
Coffee ?
Hey this small "fruit" tastes really bad, i'ma dry it, roast it, crush it, and then drown it in boiling water then drink it !?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't be absurd.. no one eats aliens.. that'd be cannibalism.. which is frowned upon in most cultures..
Lmao. As soon as I posted I thought... someone is going to think I mean eating aliens. Glad I didn't edit :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Eggs are pretty weird when you think about it......the foetus of a chicken that’s just been **** out.....

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Mostly everything we eat in Louisiana. Oysters, crawfish, frog legs. O well they all tasty.
But one really crazy one is coconut

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mostly everything we eat in Louisiana. Oysters, crawfish, frog legs. O well they all tasty.
But one really crazy one is coconut
Dont forget Community Coffee. But, have you ever seen a fat Cajun. When they eat off the land instead of a box?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How about most things from the ocean - lobster, crabs, squid.

I imagine most cavemen coming across something new and handing it to a friend saying, "Hey - try this, it's delicious."

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Onions. Who cut one open and said "hey this thing makes me cry...let's eat it"

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
We've messed up along the way then lol things are nasty
Nearly all fruit and vegetables you eat have been bred over generations and turned them into something else. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts etc are all the same species!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
We've messed up along the way then lol things are nasty
I would imagine some varieties may have been more bitter.. but the most common wild onions are extremely sweety.. cool fun fact about why onions make you cry.. when the membranes are broken (ie cut up) sulfur bonds with oxygen in the air to form sulfur dioxide and when that reaches your eyes it bonds with the h2o to form H2SO4(sulfuric acid) in your eyes.. your body releases saline to rinse the acid out and prevent damage to your cornea..

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Nearly all fruit and vegetables you eat have been bred over generations and turned them into something else. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts etc are all the same species!
AlphonseMephesto.jpeg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
People would watch what other animals eat and drink. That's how we figured out most foods

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This, todays fruits n veggies look and taste very different

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The meat you eat has been selectively bred over generations too haha. This isn’t inherently a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
The meat you eat has been selectively bred over generations too haha. This isn’t inherently a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.
I didn't say it was good or bad :p

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trial and error baby. You don’t die or get horribly sick you’re good to go