How to maintain muscle and weight in field

buntznastyfit

Awards
Hi I’m in the army and am headed to the field for about a month for training and probably won’t have access to a gym the whole time. I was thinking about going low carb to help keep fat gain down while I’m out there and was just wanting some opinions. My goal with lifting is more for strength but also want to look good

Old man 52

Awards
Hi I’m in the army and am headed to the field for about a month for training and probably won’t have access to a gym the whole time. I was thinking about going low carb to help keep fat gain down while I’m out there and was just wanting some opinions. My goal with lifting is more for strength but also want to look good
Eat everything you can. Resistance training will be all around you. Thank you for your service.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may not lift in your typical gym fashion, but I would assume your training is going to be tough. Eating less carbs does not mean you will not gain fat. You can eat nothing but protein, but if you are consuming more calories than you are burning, you will gain fat, no matter where the macros come from.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been lifting for? What are you current stats?

A month out of the gym won't be too detrimental if you've been consistent for a long period of time. I wouldn't drop carbs too low, and aim to eat at maintenance cals during the time you're away. Stay as active as possible and get right back into it when you return.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Eat for performance, the terrorists don't care what you look like. God bless